Outdated?? - Technical SolutionsSolution Number: 1-18CBI

Technical SolutionsSolution Number: 1-18CBI appeared to work fine
under R13. It does not seem to work under R14. In particular, in
$MATLAB\extern\lib\win32\microsoft\msvc60:

libmatlb.lib
libmmfile.lib

are missing. Also, matlab.h missing? Have these file names changed
from R13 to R14?

Thanks.
0
adorenbaum (30)
7/11/2004 9:29:52 PM
comp.soft-sys.matlab 209968 articles. 11 followers. lunamoonmoon (258) is leader. Post Follow

"adorenbaum" <adorenbaum@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Technical SolutionsSolution Number: 1-18CBI appeared to work fine
> under R13. It does not seem to work under R14. In particular, in
> $MATLAB\extern\lib\win32\microsoft\msvc60:
>
> libmatlb.lib
> libmmfile.lib
>
> are missing. Also, matlab.h missing? Have these file names changed
> from R13 to R14?

I've asked our technical support staff to look at this solution and update
it as appropriate for MATLAB 7.0 (R14) and MATLAB Compiler 4.0 (R14).

--
Steve Lord
slord@mathworks.com

0
slord (13691)
7/12/2004 12:28:18 PM
I am having a possibly related problem. Under v7R14 (Windows) I am
unable to run a DLL compiled on a different machine under v6.5. I
get what appears to be a loading error.

When I then try to compile the DLL myself with Matlab 7, i get an
error when it tries (unsuccessfully) to open the include files
libmatlb.h and libmatlbm.h.

Are these files necessary to add to the v7 installation for backwards
compatibility?

Or does the source code need to be changed to include different
files?

More distressing is why does the original DLL (compiled under 6.5)
work fine on a machine that has both v6.5 and 7 installed, but not a
machine with only Matlab 7 ??
0
spence (1)