Output returned by S-function 'xxx' in block xxx during flag=3 call must be a real vector of length x

Hi,

  I wrote a S-function which takes 4 inputs and 2 outputs.I defined
the number of outputs and inputs under mdlinitializesizes as 4 and 2.
And under mdloutputs, I wrote the following code:

a=....using u(1)..
b=....using u(2)..
temparr=[a;b];
sys=temparr;

and I'm getting an error message:" Output returned by S-function 'xxx'
in block 'xxx'during flag=3 call must be a real vector of length 2.
When searched for a soln, I found that this is a bug in malab and
comes when no: of outputs is not equal to no: of inputs and gave a
temporary solution like checking for NaN (Not-a-Number) in the output.
I tried that, but no use--same error. So can anyone suggest a solution
in this issue?

Thank you in advance!!

Bye
kiran

0
kvsskiran3
1/8/2004 6:17:41 AM
comp.soft-sys.matlab 211266 articles. 19 followers. lunamoonmoon (257) is leader. Post Follow

Output returned by S-function 'xxxxxxx' in 'xxxxx/S-Function' during flag=3 call must be a real vector of length 1
Hi there, I've found several posts where people are experiencing this error "Output returned by S-function 'xxxxxxx' in 'xxxxxxx/S-Function' during flag=3 call must be a real vector of length 1" but I haven't been able to access a definitive solution. My m-files ran successfully with my previously installed version of Matlab/Simulink (i think V12 from 2000) but I've just upgraded to 2011a and now see this error. in InitializeSizes(u): sizes.NumOutputs = 1; sizes.NumInputs = 2; in Output(t,u): if u(2) == 0 u(2) = 1; end sys = u(1)/u(2); D...

State derivatives returned by S-function 'XX' in 'XXX' during flag=1 call must be a real vector of length 6
im using a s-function to build a motor model. there are 3 inputs,6 State derivatives and 6 outputs. the simulation diagnostics point out "State derivatives returned by S-function 'XX' in 'XXX' during flag=1 call must be a real vector of length 6" .who can tell me which kind of mistake possiblely i made? im going to be mad~~~ @.@ thx! "dumpoing001 " <yuxiao1224@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ilc5ts$fvg$1@fred.mathworks.com... > im using a s-function to build a motor model. > there are 3 inputs,6 State derivatives and 6 outputs. > the si...

Output returned by s-function ... during flag=3 call must be a real vector of length X"
Hi, I'm writing a simple s-function which contains 4 inputs and 2 outputs. I gave the following set under mdlinitializesizes function. sizes.NumContStates= 0; sizes.NumDiscStates= 0; sizes.NumOutputs= 2; sizes.NumInputs= 4; sizes.DirFeedthrough=1; sizes.NumSampleTimes=1; and my mdloutputs function looks like: function sys = mdlOutputs(t,x,u) temp=u(3)^2; a=u(4)^2-(1+(tan(temp*pi/180))); compx=sqrt(a)+u(1); compz=tan(u(3)*pi/180)*(compx-u(1))+u(2); tmparr=[compx;compz]; sys=tmparr; for this I'm getting the error message "Output retu...

Error while obtaining sizes from MEX S-function 'forward' in block 'dummy/Dynamic_Model/S-Function'. MATLAB error message:.
Hi to everybody, I created the file forward.dll using the command: mex -DWIN32 -output forward model_d.c model_s.c sdlib.c assigns.c contact.c derivs.c gmc.c impact.c inits.c invert.c lcp_solver.c lmdif_c.c mathtools.c object.c output.c pipetools.c readmuscles.c readtools.c sdfor.c spring_based.c wrapping.c gcvspl.c user_def.lib forward.lib acpp.lib qhull.lib solid.lib wrap.lib I need to run the command: set_param([subsystemname,'/','S-Function'],'function name','forward','parameters','[0],[0],[0],[0],[0],[0],[1 0 0 0 20],[0]'); ...

1 to 20 with x number of 1's, 2's, 3's, ... 20's
This is probably a simple thing to do, so perhaps someone would send me in the right direction. I need to generate a list containing numbers from 1 to 20, say. But I cant just use A = 1:20, for example, because that provides me only one instance of each of the values. What I need is X instances for each value. For example, 5 ones, twos, threes, and so forth. Is there a simple command for this? Regards, Ulrik. On Sep 9, 10:52=A0am, "Ulrik Nash" <u...@sam.sdu.dk> wrote: > This is probably a simple thing to do, so perhaps someone would send me i= n the right dir...

Simulink's 'MATLAB Fcn' vector output problem
Hi! I have met with the following problem: When I put in my model the Simulink's MATLAB Fcn block, which output should be a vector of reals, I get the following error: "Evaluation of expression resulted in an invalid output. Only finite double vector or matrix outputs are supported." I am specifying the corrects option in "Output dimensions:" - 3 in my case, "Output signal type:" - "real". This problem appeared at Matlab 6.5 (R13) under UNIX, before that everything worked fine in Matlab 6.1 (R12.1) under Win.. Has anyone met ...

3*x''+(10^-3)*x'+123*x=2*cos(3*t); x=x(t);initial conditions x(0)=0 and x'(0)=0
Hi everybody, I need to solve the Cauchy problem written in the title box ( I paste it here again ): 3*x''+(10^-3)*x'+123*x=2*cos(3*t); x=x(t);initial conditions x(0)=0 and x'(0)=0. I tried with Runge-Kutta method and it seems to work as the solution x(t) is the same that I can get solving the equation by myself. I need to know if it would be better another method (eventually multistep one) and why it would be better (please don't just tell me 'cause it's faster or so...I need to know the why too). As last thing I need to estimate the error committed with Runge...

error: must use '.*' or '->*' to call pointer-to-member function in '__unary_op (...)'
hi! a little compiler error. pls help. class A{ B get(unsigned int i);// return an B object whose state depend on *this and i std::vector<B> get_vec(){ std::vector<unsigned int> ints(n); iota(ints.begin(),ints.end(),0); std::vector<B> ret; transform( ints.begin(), ints.end(), back_inserter(ret), get//or &get, *this.*get etc... ); return ret; }; private: unsigned int n; } In function '_OutputIterator std::transform(_InputIterator, _InputIterator, _OutputIterator, _UnaryOperation) [with _InputIterator = __gnu_cxx::__normal_ite...

calling '!' or 'system' in matlab different than same functions from shell
Hi everyone, When I am in the shell (tcsh) on my Mac (outside Matlab), I am able to use the command line utility ncdump to read netcdf format files (http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/): ncdump -h testfile.nc However, in Matlab, the same command preceded by the '!' (or using 'system') generates an error: >> !ncdump -h test.nc dyld: Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/libnetcdf.7.dylib Referenced from: /opt/local/bin/ncdump Reason: Incompatible library version: ncdump requires version 10.0.0 or later, but libnetcdf.7.dylib provides version ...

It's on-it's off-it's on, it's off -WHY?
IS THIS THE CORRECT FORUM? Hope so. We have three computer networked at home...all with Windows XP. one of those is a laptop. Some mornings all 3 can see each other and transfer files...then mysteriously one or more will disappear. No contact....then later it's back. The laptop is the worst. Most often it won't let us in...but sometimes it will. No obvious reason. The most INFURIATING part is the message "see your administrator". Dammit Bill Gates...don't you realize that most networks are small offices without a Majestic Royal Administrator sitting his i...

MatLab's 'movie' function
Hi! Using MatLab's 'movie' function you can play a movie recorded by the 'getframe' command. It is possible to specify the number of times the movie is played and the frames per second. Unfortunately, I've not found a way to stop the playback of a movie. Is it possible to, let's say I've specified the movie should be played 20 times, to disrupt the playback after an user interrupt?! Thanks a lot, Chris On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 10:40:06 +0100, Christoph ROLZ wrote: >Hi! > >Using MatLab's 'movie' function you can play a movie recorded by...

Matlab's 'graycomatrix' function
I have one question: Is Matlab's 'graycomatrix' function actually in accordance with original Haralick's 1973 paper? I mean, are they supposed to be the same algorithm? If yes, I don't think Matlab did a good job on this. For example, try it on this matrix (i.e., 'image'): 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 1 0 2 2 2 2 2 3 3 This matrix is in Haralick's original paper and the results can be compared. Can anybody ellaborate if you used it? Thank you. "Bulent Bayraktar" <bayrakta@purdue.edu> writes: > I have one question: Is Matlab's 'graycomatrix'...

Which one(s) of the following std::vector's member functions has the possibility/authority to reduce the vector's capacity?
For C++11, I have 4 member functions in question: template <class T, class Allocator = allocator<T> > class vector { public: vector<T,Allocator>& operator=(const vector<T,Allocator>& x); vector<T,Allocator>& operator=(vector<T,Allocator>&& x); vector& operator=(initializer_list<T>); void clear() noexcept; }; For C++03, I have 2 member function in question: template <class T, class Allocator = allocator<T> > class vector { public: vector<T,Allocator>& operator=(const vector<...

Which one(s) of the following std::vector's member functions has the possibility/authority to reduce the vector's capacity?
For C++11, I have 4 member functions in question: template <class T, class Allocator = allocator<T> > class vector { public: vector<T,Allocator>& operator=(const vector<T,Allocator>& x); vector<T,Allocator>& operator=(vector<T,Allocator>&& x); vector& operator=(initializer_list<T>); void clear() noexcept; }; For C++03, I have 2 member function in question: template <class T, class Allocator = allocator<T> > class vector { public: vector<T,Allocator>& operator=(const vect...

Web resources about - Output returned by S-function 'xxx' in block xxx during flag=3 call must be a real vector of length x - comp.soft-sys.matlab