Parallel Computing 2 Loops

How to run these two loops at the same time:
ie. I have while loop and for loop like this:

% this loop to play video
while x == 0
--------------
--------------
end
% this loop to play the timer
for i = 1:n
--------------
--------------
end

I want to run those two loops when i press a button ie. play button, so how can i do that?
I read in internet, we can do that by using matlabpool and spmd but i dont know how to apply that function in my two loops.

pls reply

regards
Adhi

Computer soft & hard #2 #2
All information about computer Soft & Hardware. visit:www.santoshcomputer.blogspot.com ...

Wolfram Research Releases gridMathematica 2 and Parallel,Computing Toolkit 2
Wolfram Research, developer of the renowned Mathematica technical computing software, announces the release of both Parallel Computing Toolkit 2 and gridMathematica 2, an optimized parallel Mathematica environment for multiprocessor machines, clusters, grids, and supercomputers. Parallel Computing Toolkit 2 is a versatile parallel computing solution for anyone with access to more than one processor. Compatible with Mathematica 5.1 and also a major component of gridMathematica 2, this Mathematica application package enables you to tackle large-scale problems and build platform-independent parallel programs with your existing Mathematica installation. Major new features and enhancements in Parallel Computing Toolkit 2 include: * Improved configuration of remote Mathematica kernels * Additional automatic parallelization * Better load balancing based on relative processor speeds and communication latencies * Programmable scheduling for easy problem-specific optimization * Enhanced support for tracing and debugging * Support for speculative parallelization * Seamless execution on scalar and parallel setup gridMathematica 2 provides all of these enhancements as well as universal database connectivity, web services support, high-speed binary I/O, industrial-strength string manipulation, and full optimization for all 64-bit architectures. gridMathematica lets you easily develop powerful parallel applications on a PC and deploy them seamlessly on any grid or superc...

loop in Matlab #2
Hello, I am very stupid to ask this. I have a matrix A and want a new matrix B. I explained below what it is: A= 1 y1 2 y2 3 y3 4 y4 B= -2 y4 5 y5 I want to transform -1 y5 6 y6 ---------------------------------------------> 0 y6 7 y7 only X coordinates +1 y7 8 y8 and out put matrix +2 y8 9 y9 have this form +3 y9 10 y10 +4 y10 11 y11 12 y12 the provided info: index boundaries (upper and lower, here 4 & 10) and index to be set zero (here 6). I would like to know how to implement this in Matlab where upper, lower and index-set-zero should be variable. Can Anyone help me. Awaiting for your response. Thanks Somnath Karmakar wrote: > Hello, I am very stupid to ask this. I have a matrix A and want a new > matrix B. I explained below what it is: ....elided for brevity... > the provided info: index boundaries (upper and lower, here 4 & 10) > and index to be set zero (here 6). I would like to know how to > implement this in Matlab where upper, lower and index-set-zero should > be variable. Can Anyone help me. Awaiting for your response. Thanks >> % straight-ahead solution >> a=[(1:1...

Call For Papers: Soft Computing for Bioinformatics (SOFT COMPUTING Journal
=20 SOFT COMPUTING Journal - SPRINGER =20 Special Issue on =20 Soft Computing for Bioinformatics =20 CALL FOR PAPERS =20 The past few years have witnessed phenomenal growth of=20 bioinformatics, an exciting field devoted to the interpretation and=20 analysis of biological data using computational techniques. Among=20 the large number of computational techniques used, soft computing,=20 which incorporates=20 =20 * neural networks,=20 * evolutionary computation,=20 * fuzzy systems, and=20 * chaos,=20 =20 stands out because of its demonstrated strength in handling=20 imprecise information and providing novel solutions to hard=20 problems.=20 =20 This special issue aims at not only showcasing innovative=20 applications of soft computing techniques to bioinformatics, but=20 also clarifying outstanding issues for future progress.=20 =20 Biological areas of interest include but are not limited to the=20 following:=20 =20 * protein structure and function,=20 * genomics,=20 * proteomics,=20 * molecular sequence analysis,=20 * evolution and phylogenetics,=20 * molecular interactions and structure,=20 * gene expression,=20 * metabolic pathways,=20 * regulatory networks,=20 * developmental control and systems biology. =20 =20 Papers should be submitted in PDF format via email to any of the=20 following guest editors by 30 March 2004: =20 * David Corne (D.W.Corne@exeter.ac....

Soft handoff simulation in matlab #2
Hey all, I am having problem in soft handover implementation with MATLAB please help me out. It is my final dissertation .I am unable to do this. ..pls mail me at nikhilpatel0786@gmail.com Thank you very much... Please helpp "vpmp patel" <mecs@yahoogoups.com> wrote in message news:jkh46d$i9m$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com... > Hey all, > I am having problem in soft handover implementation with MATLAB > please help me out. It is my final dissertation .I am unable to do > this. Then you need to talk to your dissertation advisor first; if he or she can't give you enough help, post SPECIFIC DETAILS about the problem you're experiencing with your implementation and ask a SPECIFIC question and someone may be able to offer some suggestions. -- Steve Lord slord@mathworks.com To contact Technical Support use the Contact Us link on http://www.mathworks.com ...

Computer soft & hard #2
All information about computer soft & hardware Visit : www.santoshcomputer.blogspot.com ...

Parallel cable 2 computer network?
Hi, Would anyone know of a url or actual knowlege on how to network 2 computers together (resource sharing) via a parallel cable? Sean Try starting here. I haven't tried it, but just a glance at it looks good. http://compnetworking.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?site=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wown.com%2Fj_helmig%2Fdccmain.htm WT "Sean Cleary" <seanearlyaug@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1c5ac0c6.0411010649.3779c2e9@posting.google.com... > Hi, > Would anyone know of a url or actual knowlege on how to network 2 > computers together (resource sharing) via a parallel cable? > > Sean "Wayne Tiffany" <wayne.tiffanyRMVJUNK@asi.com> wrote in message news:<2unbqpF2cfs3mU1@uni-berlin.de>... > Try starting here. I haven't tried it, but just a glance at it looks good. > > http://compnetworking.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?site=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wown.com%2Fj_helmig%2Fdccmain.htm > It does look good. I will try it sometime soon. Sean ...

Recent soft computing papers and MATLAB Toolboxes
Dear Colleagues, I would like to call your kind attention to the updated website of the Soft Computing Research Group at the University of Veszprem (Hungary) http://www.fmt.vein.hu/softcomp/ You can download MATLAB Toolboxes: - Fuzzy Clustering MATLAB Toolbox - Genetic Programming MATLAB Toolbox - Interactive Evolutionary Strategy (EASy) MATLAB Toolbox - Constrained Fuzzy Model Identification for the FMID Toolbox independent MATLAB programs related to: - Data mining * Fuzzy clustering based time-series segmentation * Supervised Fuzzy Clustering for the Identification of Fuzzy Classifiers * Fuzzy Modeling with Multidimensional Membership Functions: Grey-Box Identification and Control Design * Compact TS-Fuzzy Models through Clustering and OLS plus FIS Model Reduction * Inconsistency Analysis of Labeled Data * Star plots - MATLAB files for Graphical Representation of trace elements of clinkers - Process control and monitoring * Feedback Linearizing Control Using Hybrid Neural Networks Identified by Sensitivity Approach * Incorporating Prior Knowledge in Cubic Spline Approximation - Application to the Identification of Reaction Kinetic Models * Identification and Control of Nonlinear Systems Using Fuzzy Hammerstein Models - A Simple Fuzzy Classifier based on manuscripts in PDF about - fuzzy model based process control and monitoring - fuzzy clustering and classification - incorporation of a priori knowledge in the identif...

MATLAB HELP "For Loop" #2
Trying to create a program that asks user to input a number (integer) and then generates a list of randomly generated numbers (integers) between ‘1’ and number that user entered. Their should not be any repetition of numbers in the list. I have this so far and I can't seem to figure out how to not repeat the #'s and to display the inputted integer. I know I have to use a if command but don't know how to execute! I have attempted to use if and else statements but I am stuck. clc; x = input('Enter a integer: '); for x=1:x, k=round(rand*x); fprintf('%d\n',k) end Any Help is most appreciated. "Walter Diolosa" <spoon-x@excite.com> wrote in message <jc7q9k$d5$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > Trying to create a program that asks user to input a number (integer) and then generates a list of randomly generated numbers (integers) between ‘1’ and number that user entered. Their should not be any repetition of numbers in the list. > > I have this so far and I can't seem to figure out how to not repeat the #'s and to display the inputted integer. > I know I have to use a if command but don't know how to execute! > I have attempted to use if and else statements but I am stuck. > clc; > x = input('Enter a integer: '); > > for x=1:x, > k=round(rand*x); > fprintf('%d\n',k) > end > > > Any Help is most appreciat...

[...]

ethernet between 2 computers #2
I dropped my switch because currently there is only a PC and a laptop at home. They have fixed IPs and don't see each other. When I insert a switch between them everything works fine. So far I tried arp -s <host> <HW> and I reinstalled network-cards without success. Since I own a working switch this is not a real problem, but I don't understand what is going on here. On 2006-01-25, milagro.kekua@booomail.com <milagro.kekua@booomail.com> wrote: > I dropped my switch because currently there is only a PC and a laptop at > home. They have fixed IPs and don't see each other. When I insert a > switch between them everything works fine. I've saw that behavour sometimes when NICs have troubles auto-adjusting between each other. With the switch in between they work in autosensing, so the switch is acting as a 'buffer' between the two. You could try to force the cards in the same way (using mii-tool), but if you have a switch is much better. Davide -- BUFFERS=20 FILES=15 2nd down, 4th quarter, 5 yards to go! milagro.kekua@booomail.com wrote: > I dropped my switch because currently there is only a PC and a laptop at > home. They have fixed IPs and don't see each other. When I insert a > switch between them everything works fine. I presume when not using the switch you are using a "standard" CAT5 cable: you probably need to use a cross-over cable between two ethernet cards. I say probably because whil...

Computer soft & hard #4 #2
All information about computer Soft & Hardware. Visit:www.santoshcomputer.blogspot.com ...

US-VA: Fredericksburg-COMPUTER SYS ANALYST STF 551481 #2
************************************************************** JobCircle.com - Careers, Content and Community for Technology professionals in the Northeastern United States! Jobcircle.com provides resume submission, classified searches, eLearning, hundreds of career development articles, tech news, and more to tens of thousands of Technology professionals in your area - visit us today at http://www.jobcircle.com! !!! Voted a TOP 50 Career Web Site in 2002 by CareerXRoads !!! ************************************************************** Job Title: COMPUTER SYS ANALYST STF 551481 Job Location: VA: Fredericksburg Pay Rate: open Job Length: full time Start Date: 2005-07-29 Company Name: Lockheed Martin Corporation Contact: Lockheed Corporate Phone: email or fax only Fax: 877-244-0989 Description: Part of an Application Support Team responsible for support of various Oracle based COTS applications. Position requires troubleshootsing customer business applications and responding to requests for technical assistance . Must have strong working knowledge of Oracle, PL/SQL, SQL, Crystal reports, and customer focused General Position Description Designs, develops, programs, installs, implements, conducts research for, and maintains internal data processing computer systems and utilities, and/or for customers on a contract basis. Analyzes internal or external customers needs, and determines equipment and...

soft decoding of conv. codes using vitdec matlab func. #2
Hello, Isnt 'unquant' and 'soft' options essentially same?..in both case vitdec takes in "real numbers" as input (ok they are "mapped" in case o 'soft' option)..so can we not use 'unquant' option to carry out sof decoding?...my preliminary results show that 'unquant' option give me 2- db gain over hard decoding... any one having insight please let me know. thanks >Hello, > Isnt 'unquant' and 'soft' options essentially same?..in both cases >vitdec takes in "real numbers" as input (ok they are "mapped" in case of >'soft' option)..so can we not use 'unquant' option to carry out soft >decoding?...my preliminary results show that 'unquant' option give m 2-3 >db gain over hard decoding... >any one having insight please let me know. >thanks > > %%% Yes , u can use 'unquant' as soft decoding. try to implement for k=3 i.e [5 7] and BPSK and at roughly 4 dB u should get BER of 10^-3. Chintan ...

Computer operating systems #2 #2
Are you crazy about different operating systems like C++, java in computers? If you want to check about that please visit http://operatingsys.blogspot.com/ ...

Naz
Here are available all details about naz computers and laptops http://naz-computersandlaptops.blogspot.com/ ...

2 NICs & 2 computers
I have an internet connection on eth0 on computer PC1 and I want to connect another computer PC2 to eth1 on PC1. PC1 is a Linux box and PC2 is a Windows box. Please help me to bring PC1 & PC2 on the internet. suppose PC1/eth0 is 192.168.1.3 Primary DNS - 203.94.227.70 Sec DNS - 203.94.243.70 how should I configure PC1/eth1 ? and PC2 settings. thanks & regards, Onkar On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 09:21:57 -0700, onkar wrote: > I have an internet connection on eth0 on computer PC1 and I want to > connect another computer PC2 to eth1 on PC1. PC1 is a Linux box and PC2 > is a Windows box. > > Please help me to bring PC1 & PC2 on the internet. > > suppose PC1/eth0 is 192.168.1.3 > Primary DNS - 203.94.227.70 > Sec DNS - 203.94.243.70 > > how should I configure PC1/eth1 ? > and PC2 settings. > > thanks & regards, > Onkar Configure PC1/eth1 as 192.168.2.1 also set up iptables for ip forwarding (no I will not *tell* you how to do this, STW). PC2 then gets an address in the range from 192.168.2.2-254 and sets 192.168.2.1 as the gateway. You might also need to put in DNS hosts for PC2. You could also make PC1 a DHCP authoritative host and just pull an address and DNS from it with PC2 but that is way overkill for just 2 systems IMO. This is basic networking stuff. Perhaps you should "Get Rute". See my .sig for a link to where you can buy the hard copy. The digital version can be had from <...

computers,laptops and softwares #2 #2
Get information related about computers,laptops and softwares so visit plz (http://in-computersandlaptops.blogspot.com) ...

OS/2 gurus! Help with OS/2 config.sys Fwd: Trouble with a Personal System/2
Folks, I suck at OS/2, and this guy has a problem. Config.sys has been changed. Any way to boot in recovery mode? No further info yet, unknown if this was a result of a FixPack, adapter install, or a program update. Challenge, this may be a production unit, and it may be doing involved things. -------- Original Message -------- Subject: Trouble with a Personal System/2 Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 20:40:20 -0400 From: <brian@centralindianapatternandmold.com> To: <ohland@charter.net> please help . config.sys got changed os2 ibm indurstial computer-will not boot? In article <npapo.23064$qU5.8268@newsfe20.iad>, Louis Ohland <ohland@charter.net> wrote: > Folks, I suck at OS/2, and this guy has a problem. > > Config.sys has been changed. > > Any way to boot in recovery mode? No further info yet, unknown if this > was a result of a FixPack, adapter install, or a program update. > > Challenge, this may be a production unit, and it may be doing involved > things. 1. Boot (C-A-D). 2. Wait for "boot blob" at top left corner of the screen (a white box, and "OS/2"). 3. Press Alt-F1. 4. Select "Boot to command prompt (use original CONFIG.SYS)" option. 5. Fix the CONFIG.SYS Alternatively, boot to command prompt from the OS/2 installation diskettes. -- Don Hills (dmhills at attglobaldotnet) Wellington, New Zealand "New interface ...

CFP: Special Issue on Soft computing in Artificial Intelligence, Data and Web Mining, Machine Learning (The journal Engineering Letters) #2
From: The journal Engineering Letters Call for Papers: Special Issue on Soft computing in Artificial Intelligence, Data and Web Mining, Machine Learning Guest Editor: G.Ganesan In recent days, soft computing tools are widely used in several technical applications. The aim of this issue is to focus on emerging applications of soft computing in the area of Artificial Intelligence, Data and Web Mining, Machine Learning. SUBMISSION Authors are asked to submit their papers through email to vidyadharshini{at}yahoo.co.in with the subject indicating "Submission to Special Issue of Engg. Letter". All submissions must be prepared in the standard format (template and style files for MS Word and LaTeX can be obtained by sending an email to el{at}iaeng.org). Papers should not exceed 15 pages including figures, references and appendices. Submitted papers must be original and not submitted for concurrent consideration elsewhere. All submitted papers will be subject to the standard journal refereeing process and evaluated on originality, relevance, significance, and readability. IMPORTANT DATES Last date for Submission of Paper : May 1, 2006 Notification of Acceptance : July 1, 2006 Camera Ready Copy Submission : September 1, 2006 FOR FURTHER DETAILS, CONTACT THE EDITOR OF SPECIAL ISSUE Prof.G.Ganesan Dept. of Mathematics JPN College of Engineering Mahabubnagar (A.P)-509001 India Email: vidyadharshini{at}yahoo.co.in Engineering Letters http://www.engineeringlette...

parallel computing on a six-core local computer
Hi, I just bought a six-core desktop (12 Threads) and discovered that the maximum worker allowed by the parallel computing toolbox is eight workers. This is really disappointing, and I am just wondering if there is anyway to fully utilize the 12 processes and have 12 workers on one local machine. I browsed the help guide for the Distributed Computing Server toolbox and it seems it only works when you'd like to create workers on remote computers. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you! richard "Richard Liu" <richardkailiu@gmail.com> wrote in message news:hrhupd$2v3$1@fred.mathworks.com... > Hi, I just bought a six-core desktop (12 Threads) and discovered that the > maximum worker allowed by the parallel computing toolbox is eight workers. I believe that is the correct behavior, assuming you have just Parallel Computing Toolbox. To use more than 8 local workers, or to use workers across multiple machines, you will need MATLAB Distributed Computing Server as well. > This is really disappointing, and I am just wondering if there is anyway > to fully utilize the 12 processes and have 12 workers on one local > machine. I browsed the help guide for the Distributed Computing Server > toolbox and it seems it only works when you'd like to create workers on > remote computers. That is not the case. Could you post the URL of the documentation page that gave you that impression, so that our d...

parallel computing using Cell Computing Model
Hi, i've written an open source C++ framework for Cell Computing. Cell Computing is alike grid computing, but is leant on the biologic. If you are interested please visit http://www.xatlanits.ch. Unfortunately not all documents are available in english yet. All ideas and improvments are welcome :-) -- ...

Re: macro loop vs datastep loop #2
On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 20:22:09 -0500, Ben <benpub7@YAHOO.COM> wrote: >I am sorry, david, this example is not good. >drugs are supposed to be variables, we could not know it before program >runnning. I have an solution, but I 'd like to know if there is another >cooler solution. > >*************************; >data x; >input v $ @@; >datalines; >L M M X >; >run; > > >%let vlst=Mdrug1 Ldrug2 Xdrug3; > >%macro x; >proc datasets; >delete _:; >run; > >%let i=1; >%do %until (%scan(&vlst,&i,' ')=); >%let v=%scan(&vlst,&i, ' '); > >data _x&i; >set x; >if upcase(v)="%substr(&v,1,1)" then new_v="&v"; >if length(new_v)>1; >run; > >proc append base=_newx data=_x&i; >run; >%let i=%eval(&i+1); >%end; >%mend x; > >%x; > >data x; >set _newx; >run; > >**************************; Hi, Ben, Here is a straight-forward way. Cheers, Chang data one; input v $ @@; datalines; L M M X ; run; proc format; invalue $drugNo "M"="1" "L"="2" "X"="3" other=" "; run; data two; set one; new_v = trim(v) || "drug" || input(v,$drugNo.); run; proc print data=two noobs; run; /* on lst v new_v L Ldrug2 M Mdrug1 M Mdrug1 X Xdrug3 */ ...

Web resources about - Parallel Computing 2 Loops - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Computing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For the formal concept of computation, see computation . For the magazine, see Computing (magazine) . For the scientific journal, see Computing ...

Network Computing
Through a For IT, By IT editorial filter, Network Computing connects the dots between architectural approach and how technology impacts the business, ...

Apple Signs Deal To Use Google’s Cloud Computing
More and more businesses are moving their computing platform to the cloud. Cloud computing is the term given to accessing computer and database ...

Can we stop pretending the iPad represents the future of computing?
... post-PC era was upon us. Not to single out Cook, even Steve Jobs believed that tablets were going to one day eclipse PCs as the future of computing. ...

Skyport Raises $30M from GV and Cisco Investments to Ramp Delivery of Zero-Trust Secure Computing Infrastructure ...
Skyport Systems, the company redefining enterprise security architecture, today announced a $30 million round of funding, enabling the company ...

Breakthrough brings quantum computing a big step closer
Quantum computing is now within closer reach thanks to a major breakthrough in which scientists have demonstrated that a key building block can ...

Could a Fredkin gate be the next quantum leap forward for computing?
Building quantum computers is tricky business, with a range of obstacles to overcome, but scientists have had a recent breakthrough with a new ...

Quanta partners with Ericsson for cloud computing datacenter business
Quanta Computer has partnered with telecom equipment maker Ericsson to push the cloud computing datacenter market and the cooperation is expected ...

Eight Ways Solar Power Is Driving New-Gen Computing
As solar technology advances, it's becoming clear that solar is a vital part of the equation that will grow tech's future.

GPU computing breakthrough? Cloud rendering company claims to run CUDA on non-Nvidia GPUs
The cloud rendering company Otoy is claiming to have invented a new software translation layer that would allow Nvidia's CUDA to run on a variety ...