Parallel computing toolbox #3

Hi,

I am using wring some codes to run my program in parallel using the matlab parallel toolbox. My program is all based on command line and no GUI is provided. So I am wondering if I can use command line to
- detect how many cpus can be set to be a worker
- set up the local workers,
- and any other commands that dealing with this parallel toolbox

Thanks very much.
0
guanjihou (13)

"George " <guanjihou@gmail.com> writes:

> I am using wring some codes to run my program in parallel using the matlab
> parallel toolbox. My program is all based on command line and no GUI is
> provided. So I am wondering if I can use command line to - detect how many cpus
> can be set to be a worker
> - set up the local workers,
> - and any other commands that dealing with this parallel toolbox

The local scheduler automatically detects how many cores your machine
has, providing you do not modify the local profile (you can specify an
explicit number which overrides the automatic value).

So, for example, if you issue the command

matlabpool open local

that will start as many workers as you have cores on your machine. The
local scheduler keeps track of how many workers are running, and will
not exceed the number of cores on your machine.

Cheers,

Edric.
0
eellis (488)
2/23/2012 9:15:55 AM
Edric M Ellis <eellis@mathworks.com> wrote in message <ytwvcmxoqpg.fsf@uk-eellis0l.dhcp.mathworks.com>...
> "George " <guanjihou@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > I am using wring some codes to run my program in parallel using the matlab
> > parallel toolbox. My program is all based on command line and no GUI is
> > provided. So I am wondering if I can use command line to - detect how many cpus
> > can be set to be a worker
> > - set up the local workers,
> > - and any other commands that dealing with this parallel toolbox
>
> The local scheduler automatically detects how many cores your machine
> has, providing you do not modify the local profile (you can specify an
> explicit number which overrides the automatic value).
>
> So, for example, if you issue the command
>
> matlabpool open local
>
> that will start as many workers as you have cores on your machine. The
> local scheduler keeps track of how many workers are running, and will
> not exceed the number of cores on your machine.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Edric.

Hi Edric,

Thanks for the help. I got one more question: suppose I have couple machines, each of them has couple cores and each of them has Matlab installed. So my question is can I use all the cores of all the machines to form a cluster and then use the parfor to perform parallel computing? If so, where can I get the related help information?

Thanks.
0
guanjihou (13)
2/24/2012 11:28:21 PM
"George " <guanjihou@gmail.com> writes:

> Thanks for the help. I got one more question: suppose I have couple
> machines, each of them has couple cores and each of them has Matlab
> installed. So my question is can I use all the cores of all the machines
> to form a cluster and then use the parfor to perform parallel computing?
> If so, where can I get the related help information?

To run across multiple machines, you need MATLAB Distributed Computing
Server licences for those machines, see

http://www.mathworks.co.uk/products/distriben/

for more info.

Cheers,

Edric.
0
eellis (488)

Recent soft computing papers and MATLAB Toolboxes
Dear Colleagues, I would like to call your kind attention to the updated website of the Soft Computing Research Group at the University of Veszprem (Hungary) http://www.fmt.vein.hu/softcomp/ You can download MATLAB Toolboxes: - Fuzzy Clustering MATLAB Toolbox - Genetic Programming MATLAB Toolbox - Interactive Evolutionary Strategy (EASy) MATLAB Toolbox - Constrained Fuzzy Model Identification for the FMID Toolbox independent MATLAB programs related to: - Data mining * Fuzzy clustering based time-series segmentation * Supervised Fuzzy Clustering for the Identification of Fuzzy Classifiers * Fuzzy Modeling with Multidimensional Membership Functions: Grey-Box Identification and Control Design * Compact TS-Fuzzy Models through Clustering and OLS plus FIS Model Reduction * Inconsistency Analysis of Labeled Data * Star plots - MATLAB files for Graphical Representation of trace elements of clinkers - Process control and monitoring * Feedback Linearizing Control Using Hybrid Neural Networks Identified by Sensitivity Approach * Incorporating Prior Knowledge in Cubic Spline Approximation - Application to the Identification of Reaction Kinetic Models * Identification and Control of Nonlinear Systems Using Fuzzy Hammerstein Models - A Simple Fuzzy Classifier based on manuscripts in PDF about - fuzzy model based process control and monitoring - fuzzy clustering and classification - incorporation of a priori knowledge in the identif...

[...]

Call For Papers: Soft Computing for Bioinformatics (SOFT COMPUTING Journal
=20 SOFT COMPUTING Journal - SPRINGER =20 Special Issue on =20 Soft Computing for Bioinformatics =20 CALL FOR PAPERS =20 The past few years have witnessed phenomenal growth of=20 bioinformatics, an exciting field devoted to the interpretation and=20 analysis of biological data using computational techniques. Among=20 the large number of computational techniques used, soft computing,=20 which incorporates=20 =20 * neural networks,=20 * evolutionary computation,=20 * fuzzy systems, and=20 * chaos,=20 =20 stands out because of its demonstrated strength in handling=20 imprecise information and providing novel solutions to hard=20 problems.=20 =20 This special issue aims at not only showcasing innovative=20 applications of soft computing techniques to bioinformatics, but=20 also clarifying outstanding issues for future progress.=20 =20 Biological areas of interest include but are not limited to the=20 following:=20 =20 * protein structure and function,=20 * genomics,=20 * proteomics,=20 * molecular sequence analysis,=20 * evolution and phylogenetics,=20 * molecular interactions and structure,=20 * gene expression,=20 * metabolic pathways,=20 * regulatory networks,=20 * developmental control and systems biology. =20 =20 Papers should be submitted in PDF format via email to any of the=20 following guest editors by 30 March 2004: =20 * David Corne (D.W.Corne@exeter.ac....

Parallel Computing Toolbox for Academic License
Dear MATLAB experts, currently, I use the academic version of MATLAB and I would like to try out the Parallel Computing Toolbox. Is there any way to acquire this toolbox for my academic MATLAB version? Kind Regards, Dima "Dimitri " <dimitrn@g.clemson.edu> wrote in message news:jiqmsn$bcn$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com... > Dear MATLAB experts, > > currently, I use the academic version of MATLAB and I would like to try > out the Parallel Computing Toolbox. Is there any way to acquire this > toolbox for my academic MATLAB version? If you're using the Student Version of MATLAB, Parallel Computing Toolbox is available as an add-on product. http://www.mathworks.com/academia/student_version/companion.html Note that MATLAB Distributed Computing Server is NOT available as an add-on product, so I don't believe you will be able to connect multiple machines to create a cluster using Student Version. You should be able to use a local cluster, though. If you're using the Professional Version of MATLAB using Clemson University's license, you will need to check with the IT staff that are responsible for maintaining that license to determine if Parallel Computing Toolbox is included in the license or to discuss setting up a trial version of the toolbox if it is not. -- Steve Lord slord@mathworks.com To contact Technical Support use the Contact Us link on http://www.mathworks.com ...

Is the parallel computing toolbox the solution to this problem?
Hi, I am designing a feedback control loop as part of a project. The MATLAB program reads data through the analog input of a DAC (NI USB 6009), and when there is enough data (say N), it starts to process the data to get a control output and send it through the digital output of the DAC. The reading should be kept going while processing the control signal; and the control signal calculation is refreshed when every time when N/3 data comes in (like a moving window of size N, averaging the old data with the new ones) My problem is how to perform these in parallel? This doesn't need to be in real time, but needs to be fairly quick, the delay still needs to be in orders of seconds. I am not sure if parallel computing toolbox is the solution or there are better (simpler) ways. I am new to Matlab, so please give me some advice on this ^^ thank u all. ...

People tracking example in computer vision toolbox in matlab
Hey,, I am new into the area of image processing and matlab Can any one help me either by explainging or referencing some papers show how the People tracking example in computer vision toolbox in matlab ... I am also interesting if I attached different markers to different people how can I use thses markers to track people by labeling people in the video according to their markers ...

parallel computing on a six-core local computer
Hi, I just bought a six-core desktop (12 Threads) and discovered that the maximum worker allowed by the parallel computing toolbox is eight workers. This is really disappointing, and I am just wondering if there is anyway to fully utilize the 12 processes and have 12 workers on one local machine. I browsed the help guide for the Distributed Computing Server toolbox and it seems it only works when you'd like to create workers on remote computers. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you! richard "Richard Liu" <richardkailiu@gmail.com> wrote in message news:hrhupd$2v3$1@fred.mathworks.com... > Hi, I just bought a six-core desktop (12 Threads) and discovered that the > maximum worker allowed by the parallel computing toolbox is eight workers. I believe that is the correct behavior, assuming you have just Parallel Computing Toolbox. To use more than 8 local workers, or to use workers across multiple machines, you will need MATLAB Distributed Computing Server as well. > This is really disappointing, and I am just wondering if there is anyway > to fully utilize the 12 processes and have 12 workers on one local > machine. I browsed the help guide for the Distributed Computing Server > toolbox and it seems it only works when you'd like to create workers on > remote computers. That is not the case. Could you post the URL of the documentation page that gave you that impression, so that our d...

Call for Papers: The 2009 World Congress in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, and Applied Computing (WORLDCOMP'09) #3
CALL FOR PAPERS and Call For Workshop/Session Proposals WORLDCOMP'09 The 2009 World Congress in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, and Applied Computing July 13-16, 2009, Las Vegas, USA (composed of 22 Joint Conferences) You are invited to submit a paper (and/or a proposal to organize a session/workshop). All accepted papers will be published in the respective conference proceedings. The 2009 World Congress in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, and Applied Computing (WORLDCOMP'09) is composed of the following 22 conferences (all will be held simultaneously, same location and dates: July 13-16, 2009, USA): o BIOCOMP'09: The 2009 International Conference on Bioinformatics and Computational Biology o CDES'09: The 2009 International Conference on Computer Design o CGVR'09: The 2009 International Conference on Computer Graphics and Virtual Reality o CSC'09: The 2009 International Conference on Scientific Computing o DMIN'09: The 2009 International Conference on Data Mining o EEE'09: The 2009 International Conference on e-Learning, e-Business, Enterprise Information Systems, and e-Government o ERSA'09: The 2009 International Conference on Engineering of Reconfigurable Systems and Algorithms o ESA'09: The 2009 International Conference on Embedded Systems and Application...

connecting matlab simulink with ccs 3.3
Hi all, I need to implement the developed matlab simulink model on to the TMS320F28335 target processor. As a part of it i need to connect the matlab embedded ide link with the ccs IDE 3.3. The targets connected are shown in matlab command window upon typing ccsboardinfo. But by doing so i have come across an error as; ?? error map is empty error in ==>ccsboardinfo at 64 ccssetup.connect() %connect to ccs setup. What I am supposed to do to overcome the error.. -Deepika.T "deepika " <deepika410@gmail.com> wrote in message <ii8eaj$2ir$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Hi all, > > > > I need to implement the developed matlab simulink model on to the TMS320F28335 target processor. As a part of it i need to connect the matlab embedded ide link with the ccs IDE 3.3. The targets connected are shown in matlab command window upon typing ccsboardinfo. But by doing so i have come across an error as; > > > > ?? error map is empty > > error in ==>ccsboardinfo at 64 > > ccssetup.connect() %connect to ccs setup. > > > > What I am supposed to do to overcome the error.. > > -Deepika.T I order to establish a connection between Matlab and Code Composer Studio Matlab must be run with administrator user rights (that my experience under Win XP). "Frank W." <yohansan_nospam@web.de> wrote in message <ii8hur$l65$1@fred.mathworks.c...

parallel computing using Cell Computing Model
Hi, i've written an open source C++ framework for Cell Computing. Cell Computing is alike grid computing, but is leant on the biologic. If you are interested please visit http://www.xatlanits.ch. Unfortunately not all documents are available in english yet. All ideas and improvments are welcome :-) -- ...

Last Call For Papers: WORLDCOMP'09 (Computer Science, Computer Engineering, and Applied Computing Conferences), USA, Submission Deadline: Feb. 25, 2009 #3
CALL FOR PAPERS ================= Paper Submission Deadline: February 25, 2009 WORLDCOMP'09 The 2009 World Congress in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, & Applied Computing Date and Location: July 13-16, 2009, Las Vegas, USA http://www.world-academy-of-science.org You are invited to submit a paper; see below for submission instructions. All accepted papers will be published in the respective conference proceedings (in printed books/proceedings). WORLDCOMP'09 will be composed of research presentations, keynote lectures, invited presentations, tutorials, panel discussions, and poster presentations. In recent past, keynote and/or tutorial speakers included: Prof. David A. Patterson (U. of California, Berkeley); Prof. Michael J. Flynn (Stanford U.); Prof. John H. Holland (U. of Michigan, Ann Arbor); Prof. H. J. Siegel (Colorado State U.); Prof. Barry Vercoe (MIT); Prof. Ruzena Bajcsy (U. of California, Berkeley); Prof. Jun Liu (Harvard U.); Dr. Jim Gettys (OLPC + developer of X Window); and many other distinguished speakers. For this year's conference, the keynote speakers include: Prof. Ian Foster (Father of Grid Computing), Dr. Eric Drexler (Father of Nanotechnology), Prof. Brian Athey (Head, NIH National Center for Computational Medicine & Biology), Dr. Jose Munoz (Deputy Director, National Science Foundation Office of ...

gcc 3.3.10 on Power (AIX 3.3.3)
Is there any issue using this compiler on a Power RS/6000 ? Can it compile 64 bit? ...

Computer #3
This site is dedicated to computers.It has lots and lots about computer related articles. Please visit.http://yourstuffs.com/main/ ...

gcc: 3.3 vs 3.2.3
I've relegated 3.3 back to testing status, making 3.2.3 the "current" gcc again. "DJ Delorie" <dj@delorie.com> wrote in message news:200307010352.h613qRrl030701@envy.delorie.com... > > I've relegated 3.3 back to testing status, making 3.2.3 the "current" > gcc again. http://gcc.gnu.org says 3.3 is for recursion testing only. What's that mean? Bill -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 16 Different Servers! =----- > http://gcc.gnu.org says 3.3 is for recursion testing only. What's > that mean? It says "The branch is open for regression fixes only." That means that the only fixes that can be added to that branch are those that fix things that used to work. In other words, you aren't allowed to fix things that have never worked, nor add new functionality. ...

CGAL 3.3.1 Released, Computational Geometry Algorithms Library
The CGAL Open Source Project is pleased to announce the release 3.3.1 of CGAL, the Computational Geometry Algorithms Library. Version 3.3.1 is a bug-fix release for version 3.3. No new features have been added in 3.3.1. The following corrections have been made: General - Intel C++ 9 was wrongly recognized as unsupported by install_cgal. - Added autolink (for Visual C++) for the CGALImageIO and CGALPDB libraries. - Fixed bug in Memory_sizer when using more than 4GB of memory (64bit). Number Types - Fixed bug in FPU rounding mode macros (affected only the alpha architecture). - Fixed bug in MP_Float constructor from double for some particular values. Kernel - Fixed forgotten derivation in Circular_kernel_2::Has_on_2 Skin Surface Meshing - The new Skin Surface Meshing package had been forgotten in the list of changes and the release announcement of CGAL 3.3: This package allows to build a triangular mesh of a skin surface. Skin surfaces are used for modeling large molecules in biological computing. Arrangements - Fixed a bug in the Arrangement_2 package in dual arrangement representation for Boost graphs when reporting all halfedges of a face. - Fixed a bug in the Arrangement sweep-line when using a specific polyline configuration. - Fixed bug in Arrangement_2 in walk along a line point location for unbounded curves. - Fixed bug in aggregated insertion to Arrangement_2. - Fixed bug in Arrangment_2 class when inserting an unbounded curve from a...

Call for Papers: IAENG International Workshop on Scientific Computing and Computational Statistics (in IMECS 2006) #3
CFP From: IAENG: International Association of Engineers (http://www.iaeng.org) Engineering Letters (http://www.engineeringletters.com) Call for Papers: The 2006 IAENG International Workshop on Scientific Computing and Computational Statistics (Part of The International MultiConference of Engineers and Computer Scientists IMECS 2006) 20-22 June, 2006, Hong Kong http://www.iaeng.org/IMECS2006/IWSCCS2006.html The IWSCCS'06 has the focus on the frontier topics in the theoretical and applied scientific computing and computational statistics subjects and their applications. It serves as good platforms for the scientific computing and computational statistics community members to meet with each other and to exchange ideas. The IMECS 2006 multiconference has the focus on the frontier topics in the theoretical and applied engineering and computer science subjects. It consists of 14 workshops (see the details at IMECS website: www.iaeng.org/IMECS2006). The multiconference serves as good platforms for the engineering community members of different disciplines to meet with each other and to exchange ideas. The current conference committee of the IMECS 2006 includes over 140 workshop co-chairs and committee members of mainly research center heads, department heads, professors, research scientists from over 20 countries, while a few of the committee members are also experienced software development directors and engineers. All submitted papers will be under peer review and accep...

Call for Papers: WORLDCOMP'07: conferences in computer science & computer engineering, USA #3
Call for Papers The 2007 World Congress in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, and Applied Computing WORLDCOMP'07 (composed of 24 Joint Conferences) June 25-28, 2007, Las Vegas, USA Dear Colleagues: You are invited to submit a draft/full paper. All accepted papers will be published in the respective conference proceedings. The academic co-sponsors of WORLDCOMP'07 include: MIT Media Lab, MIT; Harvard University's Statistical Genomics and Computational Biology Lab; Texas Advanced Computing Center, The University of Texas at Austin; Statistical and Computational Intelligence Lab of Purdue University; University of Iowa's Medical Imaging HPC Lab., and Institute for Informatics Problems of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow, Russia. A more complete list of sponsors can be found below. The 2007 World Congress in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, and Applied Computing (WORLDCOMP'07) is composed of the following 24 conferences (all will be held simultaneously, same location and dates: June 25-28, 2007, USA). o The 2007 International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Processing Techniques and Applications (PDPTA'07) o The 2007 International Conference on Grid Computing and Applications (GCA'07) o The 2007 International Conference on Computer Design (CDES'07) o The 2007 International Conference on Scientific Computing (CSC'07) o The 2007 Internat...

Why can't Fortran-mex files be compiled on matlab V5.3 and run on matlab V6?
Hi, does anyone know why Fortran-mex files can't be compiled on matlab V5.3 and run on matlab V6? For example: if I compile the example-program (shipped with matlab) timestwo.f on matlab version 5.3 (R11) and try to run it on matlab version 6+ (R12 or R13), I get the error message: "Unable to load mex file: E:\timestwo.dll. The specified module could not be found. ??? Invalid MEX-file" Likewise if I compile it on matlab version 6.1 (R12), I get a similar error message if run on matlab version 5.3 (R11). However, if I run it on matlab version 6.5 it works OK. If I try the same experiment with the corresponding example file written in C, timestwo.c, I get no such problems. Why is that? Per A. Hi Per, usually MEX-files need to be compiled with the MATLAB version you want it later to run with. The reason is, that the code links against the current dynamic libraries (DLLs), which may change from version to version. You may have luck that it works (see your example of timestwo.f), but you should never rely on this. Titus "Per A. Brodtkorb" <Per.Brodtkorb@ffi.no> wrote in message news:eecb303.-1@webx.raydaftYaTP... > Hi, > > does anyone know why Fortran-mex files can't be compiled on matlab > V5.3 and run on matlab V6? > > For example: if I compile the example-program (shipped with matlab) > timestwo.f > on matlab version 5.3 (R11) and try to run > it on matlab version 6+ (R12 or R13), I ...

upgrade from 3.3 to 3.4
I keep on getting these error messages on my firewall box vrele: bad ref count: type VDIR, usecount 0, writecount 0, holdcount 1, tag VT_UFS, ino 3473483, on dev 0, 4 flags 0x1, effnlink 2, nlink 2 mode 040700, owner 2000, group 0, size 512 panic: vrele: ref cnt Seems to be always a bad ino within the mail queue, might even be related the my virus definition updating script haven't had a crash in 6 days with it disabled. Use to crash every 2nd day lately but before kind of random. My guess would be heavy I/O disk usage. I already have, squid+ntlm, apache, postfix, amavisd, spamassassin, socks5, on the same box. Should I attempt to upgrade from the cd and hope that it doesn't crash no more or would I be better off rebuilding the box and hope that bad errors like the above done manifest themselves with the stuff I compile on the box. Hey I could even run a extended test on the hard drive before building everything to make sure the bad refcount isn't a physical fault. ...

GCC 3.3.3 Update
Hello, I'm a Linux and Ada newbie. I recently had to update my vanilla RedHat9 (GCC 3.2.2.5) and attempted an install of GCC 3.3.3. Everything went smoothly. No errors. But now I get: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> [larsan@silver tmp]$ gnatmake execute.adb gcc -c execute.adb fatal error, run-time library not installed correctly cannot locate file system.ads compilation abandoned gnatmake: "execute.adb" compilation error [larsan@silver tmp]$ >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GNAT was properly installed before my upgrade and working. The system.ads file is located at: /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/3.2.2/adainclude/system.ads Which may explain it as it is still the old location (?). Any help to get my GNAT installation up and running again would be helpful. "Lars J. Nilsson" <fungrim@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hello, I'm a Linux and Ada newbie. I recently had to update my vanilla >RedHat9 (GCC 3.2.2.5) and attempted an install of GCC 3.3.3. Everything >went smoothly. No errors. But now I get: > >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >[larsan@silver tmp]$ gnatmake execute.adb >gcc -c execute.adb >fatal error, run-time library not installed correctly >cannot locate file system.ads Did you install from RPMs, from prebuilt binaries or from sources? I assume you compiled GCC yourself. Did you used something like the follow...

Call For Papers: Computer Science & Computer Engineering Conferences, July 2008, USA, WORLDCOMP'08 #3
CALL FOR PAPERS WORLDCOMP'08 The 2008 World Congress in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, and Applied Computing July 14-17, 2008, Las Vegas, USA (composed of 25 Joint Conferences) Academic Sponsors: Three technical chapters of IEEE, research labs at Harvard University, MIT, UCLA, Georgia Institute of Technology, University of Texas at Austin, University of Iowa, University of Minnesota, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Emory University, University of North Dakota, PSU/Saudi, Russian Academy of Sciences, and others (see below). Corporate sponsors include Google and NIIT. You are invited to submit a paper for consideration. All accepted papers will be published in the respective conference proceedings. The 2008 World Congress in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, and Applied Computing (WORLDCOMP'08) is composed of the following 25 conferences (all will be held simultaneously, same location and dates: July 14-17, 2008, USA): o BIOCOMP'08: The 2008 International Conference on Bioinformatics and Computational Biology o CDES'08: The 2008 International Conference on Computer Design o CGVR'08: The 2008 International Conference on Computer Graphics and Virtual Reality o CIC'08: The 2008 International Conference on Communications in Computing o CSC'08: The 2008 International Conference on Scientific Computing o DMIN'...

Call For Papers/Sessions: WORLDCOMP'07: multiple int'l. conferences in computer science & computer engineering, USA #3
Call for Papers and Call for Session Proposals The 2007 World Congress in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, and Applied Computing WORLDCOMP'07 (composed of 24 Joint Conferences) June 25-28, 2007, Las Vegas, USA Dear Colleagues: You are invited to submit a draft paper and/or a proposal to organize a session/workshop. All accepted papers will be published in the respective conference proceedings. The Academic Co-sponsors of WORLDCOMP'07 include: MIT Media Lab, MIT; Harvard University's Statistical Genomics and Computational Biology Lab; Texas Advanced Computing Center, The University of Texas at Austin; Statistical and Computational Intelligence Lab of Purdue University; and University of Iowa's Medical Imaging HPC Lab. A more complete list of sponsors can be found below. The 2007 World Congress in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, and Applied Computing (WORLDCOMP'07) is composed of the following 24 conferences (all will be held simultaneously, same location and dates: June 25-28, 2007, USA). o The 2007 International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Processing Techniques and Applications (PDPTA'07) o The 2007 International Conference on Grid Computing and Applications (GCA'07) o The 2007 International Conference on Computer Design (CDES'07) o The 2007 International Conference on Scientific Computing (CSC'...

Computer Security #3
..:: A. Computer Security Information ::. 1. Firewalls Torn Apart 2. Guide To Social Engineering 3. Social Engineering And Email Account Cracking 4. Network Firewall Security 5. Hijacking Hotmail Accounts For Newbies 6. Various Ways To Hack Or Over Ride Foolproof 7. Configuring ZoneAlarm Securely 8. IP Masquerading Tutorial 9. Interesting Things You Didnt Know About Your Computers Hardware 10. Advanced Number Systems Made Easy 11. Hacking Dictionary 12. Hacking The Bios 13. DNS The What The How And The Why 14. Exploit Mihirs Guide To Inserting Logo To System Properties 15. Getting Geographical Information Using An IP Address 16. Create A Lightweight E Mailer 17. Telnet Explained 18. Installing A Webserver For NewbiesI 19. The IP Address 20. Being A Hacker On The Meaning Of Being A Hacker 21. Well Known Port Numbers 22. Samba How To 23. Removing Banners 24. Port Numbers Part 1 25. Port Numbers Part 2 26. Port Numbers Part 3 27. Port Numbers Part 4 28. Port Numbers Part 5 29. Port Numbers Part 6 30. Port Numbers Part 7 31. Port Numbers Part 8 32. Port Numbers Part 9 33. The OSI Model 34. The Basic Elements Of Cracking 35. Beginners Step By Step Security Guide 36. Linking Rules For Hacking And Other Alternative Websites 37. Installing A Webserver For Newbies 38. Glossary 39. Wireless Security And Hacking 40. Wireless Network 41. Demystifying Remote Host Part 1 42. Exploiting Design Flaws In The Win32 API For Privilege Escalation 43. Wireless LAN Technologies and Windows XP 44. U...

Web resources about - Parallel computing toolbox #3 - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Computing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For the formal concept of computation, see computation . For the magazine, see Computing (magazine) . For the scientific journal, see Computing ...

Network Computing
Through a For IT, By IT editorial filter, Network Computing connects the dots between architectural approach and how technology impacts the business, ...

Apple Signs Deal To Use Google’s Cloud Computing
More and more businesses are moving their computing platform to the cloud. Cloud computing is the term given to accessing computer and database ...

Can we stop pretending the iPad represents the future of computing?
... post-PC era was upon us. Not to single out Cook, even Steve Jobs believed that tablets were going to one day eclipse PCs as the future of computing. ...

Skyport Raises $30M from GV and Cisco Investments to Ramp Delivery of Zero-Trust Secure Computing Infrastructure ...
Skyport Systems, the company redefining enterprise security architecture, today announced a $30 million round of funding, enabling the company ...

Breakthrough brings quantum computing a big step closer
Quantum computing is now within closer reach thanks to a major breakthrough in which scientists have demonstrated that a key building block can ...

Could a Fredkin gate be the next quantum leap forward for computing?
Building quantum computers is tricky business, with a range of obstacles to overcome, but scientists have had a recent breakthrough with a new ...

Quanta partners with Ericsson for cloud computing datacenter business
Quanta Computer has partnered with telecom equipment maker Ericsson to push the cloud computing datacenter market and the cooperation is expected ...

Eight Ways Solar Power Is Driving New-Gen Computing
As solar technology advances, it's becoming clear that solar is a vital part of the equation that will grow tech's future.

GPU computing breakthrough? Cloud rendering company claims to run CUDA on non-Nvidia GPUs
The cloud rendering company Otoy is claiming to have invented a new software translation layer that would allow Nvidia's CUDA to run on a variety ...