Parallel Computing Toolbox for Academic License

Dear MATLAB experts,

currently, I use the academic version of MATLAB and I would like to try out the Parallel Computing Toolbox. Is there any way to acquire this toolbox for my academic MATLAB version?

Kind Regards,
Dima
0
Dimitri

"Dimitri " <dimitrn@g.clemson.edu> wrote in message
> Dear MATLAB experts,
>
> currently, I use the academic version of MATLAB and I would like to try
> out the Parallel Computing Toolbox. Is there any way to acquire this
> toolbox for my academic MATLAB version?

If you're using the Student Version of MATLAB, Parallel Computing Toolbox is
available as an add-on product.

http://www.mathworks.com/academia/student_version/companion.html

Note that MATLAB Distributed Computing Server is NOT available as an add-on
product, so I don't believe you will be able to connect multiple machines to
create a cluster using Student Version. You should be able to use a local
cluster, though.

If you're using the Professional Version of MATLAB using Clemson
University's license, you will need to check with the IT staff that are
responsible for maintaining that license to determine if Parallel Computing
Toolbox is included in the license or to discuss setting up a trial version
of the toolbox if it is not.

--
Steve Lord
slord@mathworks.com

0
slord (13689)

parallel computing toolbox without distributive computing toolbox
Hi, Is it true that the parallel computing toolbox won't work if the distributive computing toolbox has not been installed? Because then if I type in 'matlabpool', I received the following err msg: " License checkout failed. License Manager Error -4 Maximum number of users for Distrib_Computing_Toolbox reached. Try again later. To see a list of current users use the lmstat utility or contact your License Administrator. Troubleshoot this issue by visiting: http://www.mathworks.com/support/lme/R2008b/4 Diagnostic Information: Feature: Distrib_Computing_Toolbox License pa...

Parallel Computing Toolbox network licenses
Hello, In the descriptions of the Parallel Computing Toolbox, the website says: "Key functions in several MathWorks products have built-in parallel algorithms. In the presence of Parallel Computing Toolbox, these functions can distribute computations across available parallel computing resources..." If a user has the PCT installed on a multi-core machine and executes (for example) an fft function, will Matlab automatically check-out a network license for the PCT so that it can run a parallel version of the function? If so, is there a way of disabling this behaviour? I woul...

Recent soft computing papers and MATLAB Toolboxes
Dear Colleagues, I would like to call your kind attention to the updated website of the Soft Computing Research Group at the University of Veszprem (Hungary) http://www.fmt.vein.hu/softcomp/ You can download MATLAB Toolboxes: - Fuzzy Clustering MATLAB Toolbox - Genetic Programming MATLAB Toolbox - Interactive Evolutionary Strategy (EASy) MATLAB Toolbox - Constrained Fuzzy Model Identification for the FMID Toolbox independent MATLAB programs related to: - Data mining * Fuzzy clustering based time-series segmentation * Supervised Fuzzy Clustering for the I...

Dear Colleagues, I would like to call your kind attention to the updated website of the Soft Computing Research Group at the University of Veszprem (Hungary) http://www.fmt.vein.hu/softcomp/ You can download MATLAB Toolboxes: - Genetic Programming MATLAB Toolbox - Interactive Evolutionary Strategy (EASy) MATLAB Toolbox - Fuzzy Clustering MATLAB Toolbox - Constrained Fuzzy Model Identification for the FMID Toolbox independent MATLAB programs related to: - Data mining * Fuzzy clustering based time-series segmentation * Supervised Fuzzy Clustering for the I...

Recent soft computing papers and MATLAB Toolboxes
Dear Colleagues, I would like to call your kind attention to the updated website of the Soft Computing Research Group at the University of Veszprem (Hungary) http://www.fmt.vein.hu/softcomp/ You can download MATLAB Toolboxes: - Fuzzy Clustering MATLAB Toolbox - Genetic Programming MATLAB Toolbox - Interactive Evolutionary Strategy (EASy) MATLAB Toolbox - Constrained Fuzzy Model Identification for the FMID Toolbox independent MATLAB programs related to: - Data mining * Fuzzy clustering based time-series segmentation * Supervised Fuzzy Clustering for the I...

Recent soft computing papers and MATLAB Toolboxes
Dear Colleagues, I would like to call your kind attention to the updated website of the Soft Computing Research Group at the University of Veszprem (Hungary) http://www.fmt.vein.hu/softcomp/ You can download MATLAB Toolboxes: - Fuzzy Clustering MATLAB Toolbox - Genetic Programming MATLAB Toolbox - Interactive Evolutionary Strategy (EASy) MATLAB Toolbox - Constrained Fuzzy Model Identification for the FMID Toolbox independent MATLAB programs related to: - Data mining * Fuzzy clustering based time-series segmentation * Supervised Fuzzy Clustering for the Identification of Fu...

Matlab Student Version and Parallel computing toolbox
I am planning to order the Matlab student version and the parallel computing toolbox. I have access to an Nvidia cuda enabled GPU card.Does the parallel computing toolbox (student version) support GPU computing? I thought I will ask before placing my order. Many Thanks for any help. H On 01/01/11 11:22 PM, Hamdi wrote: > > I am planning to order the Matlab student version and the parallel > computing toolbox. > > I have access to an Nvidia cuda enabled GPU card.Does the parallel > computing toolbox (student version) support GPU computing? > > I tho...

[...]

Matlab R2013a with Parallel Computing Toolbox on OS Yosemite
Hello friends, I have installed Matlab R2013a on OS Yosemite with provided bug fix update, 1098655 (https://www.mathworks.com/support/bugreports/1098655). Matlab works but Parallel computing toolbox has a problem. I can see the following error message. Error using matlabpool (line 134) Java exception occurred: java.lang.NullPointerException at java.util.logging.Logger.demandLogger(Logger.java:286) at java.util.logging.Logger.getLogger(Logger.java:321) It is the exactly same issue for bug reports, 919688 (<http://www.mathworks.com/support/bugreports/919688)>. But it seems this pa...

Parallel Computing in Distributed Computing Toolbox
I made the following function/script and I get an empty array of 4 by 0 I wanted to see if I could initialize labs with data, by attaching it to the root. jm = findResource('scheduler','configuration','jobmanager', 'name', ... 'IPS_Manager', 'LookupURL', 'ava-310848'); pjob = createParallelJob(jm); set(pjob, 'MinimumNumberOfWorkers', 4); set(pjob, 'MaximumNumberOfWorkers', 4); createTask(pjob, @getLabIndex, 1, {}); submit(pjob); waitForState(pjob); out = getAllOutputArguments(pjob) clear jm; function foo = getLabIn...

parallel for loops without parallel computing toolbox
Is this possible? On 11-03-07 10:12 AM, Nathan Jensen wrote: > Is this possible? That depends on what you mean by "parallel for loops". Matlab has a published external interface. That interface could be used to call out to arbitrary routines that might _somehow_ do computations in parallel, such as by using OpenMP or POSIX Threads or using an operating-system-specific method. Or you could start multiple Matlab instances and have them communicate with each other somehow, such as via shared memory or TCP; there are a couple of Mathworks File Exchange (FEX) contributions for...

MPI Style parallel processing with parallel computing toolbox
It seems that the only way to have a no-shared memory communication-only ba= sed parallel programming model (la MPI) is by using the spmd construct and = using labindex to customize code execution. Is there a way for the main mat= lab process to communicate with the workers in spmd while they are working? The way I've been getting around this is by assigning one worker as a 'mast= er' and others as 'workers' galactic_fury <pratik.mallya@gmail.com> writes: > It seems that the only way to have a no-shared memory > communication-only based parallel pro...

Effects of Parallel Computing Toolbox/ Distributed Computing Server?
I would like to know how Distributed Computing Server assigns tasks to computers, especially when running parfor loops. 1. Is the computer the main program is running on used as one of the clients? Or are all tasks (parfor loop iterations) executed on other computers? What happens if there are two tasks and three computers: PC 0 main program task 1 PC 0 main program PC 1 task 2 PC 1 task 1 PC 2 no task PC 2 task 2 What happens when there two computers: PC 0 main program task1 PC 0 main program, no task PC 1 task 2 ...

parallel computing in matlab
Hi I like to use parallel threads, to use the multiple processor cores. (I have a quadcore system and frankly when using matlab despite all mathworks claims I NEVER EVER spotted it using more than 1 core (i.e. 25% CPU usage!) - yes I enabled multithreading support in the preferences). Anyway. So I want to take things in my own hands. So I started with and example of an "embarresingly parallel task: filtering 12 images. The images are in the variable imgs{...} tic I={}; h = fspecial('gaussian',30,30); for jj= 1:size(imgs,2) I{jj}=imfilter(imgs{jj},h); end toc -> this takes...

matlab for parallel computing
Is any body doing parallel computing with matlab here? ...

Parallel Computing in MATLAB???
Hello, I would like to know if it is possible to run multiple m-files parallelly in MATLAB. For example, suppose I need to run 'n' script files all independent of each other. I needed it for a robotics application. Is it possible to assign preferences to the processes(like in real time processes) so that a process of lesser preference is put on the hold if a more preferred task needs to be run. Please give details, as I am not very used to MATLAB. Thanks in advance. Regards... "ajay " <ajaypai88@gmail.com> writes: > I would like to know if it is possible to run mu...

Parallel Computing Toolbox
When i try to start the jobmanager on the host computer it doesn't show any progress. The only message i get is .......................................................................................................... Contacting the mdce service on the host *** to start the job manager lookup process .......................................................................................................... The host is visible in the network, at least i can ping it. MDCS is up and running. Ports 27350 and 27352 are open. when i try to locate the resource i get ...............................

parallel computing with matlab
Hello friends, I want to know that ,is it possible to do parallel computing with MATLAB on a single computer.I want that different modules communicate and interlinked with each other so that called by other functions also. Hi, have a look at the distributed computing toolbox: http://www.mathworks.com/products/distribtb/ Although mainly intended to seperate the workload to different machines you may also run it on one machine... Titus www.mathworks.com\products\dis "shivi chaturvedi" <shivi79@rediffmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:ef3d35a.-1@webcrossing...

Virtual reality toolbox Matlab
I'm using Virtual reality toolbox having 100 objects but at a time 5 object= s only takes action but I noticed that if only 1 object in .wrl file, it pr= ocessing good but when more than 1 its slows gradually less computation spe= ed. What is the solution of my scenario. Is dynamic Simulink VR-Sink can he= lp for me? What are the suggestions according to this problem? ...

CFP
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D Special Issue on Parallel Soft Computing Techniques in High Performance Computing Systems=20= of the The Computer Journal (2012 Impact Factor 0.755) http://www.bernabe.dorronsoro.es/imagenes/cfp/CJ-SI-CFP.pdf =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D Nowad...

Maple Toolbox for Matlab vs. Matlab Symbolic Toolbox?
What's the difference between Maple Toolbox for Matlab and Matlab Symbolic Math Toolbox? I saw Maplesoft website selling the former, and Mathworks selling the latter. Are they selling the same horse twice? In article <p9qdncFk5e7VVlHanZ2dnUVZ_jWdnZ2d@comcast.com>, Zeke Zeng <zzeng2@comcast.net> wrote: >What's the difference between Maple Toolbox for Matlab and Matlab Symbolic >Math Toolbox? >I saw Maplesoft website selling the former, and Mathworks selling the >latter. Are they selling the same horse twice? No, the Maple toolbox is m...

My parallel toolbox does not have GPU computing
Hello My Matlab version is R2010a 64bit Linux. I can see that my Matlab comes with parallel toolbox. However, in that toolbox, I can not find GPU computing subsection. Matlab therefore gives error when I call "gpuArray". I wonder why is that, is that because my Matlab Version is old, or do I have to purchase a separate gpu toolbox? "Peng " <pengguan1983@gmail.com> wrote in message news:j601v9$28v$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com... > Hello > > My Matlab version is R2010a 64bit Linux. I can see that my Matlab comes > with parallel toolbox. However, in th...

Web resources about - Parallel Computing Toolbox for Academic License - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Computing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For the formal concept of computation, see computation . For the magazine, see Computing (magazine) . For the scientific journal, see Computing ...

Network Computing
Through a For IT, By IT editorial filter, Network Computing connects the dots between architectural approach and how technology impacts the business, ...

More students taking up computing courses
There is a resurgence of interest in computing courses, the Higher Education Statistics Agency ( HESA ) claims. According to the agency’s latest ...

In case there was any doubt Apple is working on the next major computing platform...
... he'll be focusing on based on his resume. Many see virtual reality (VR) and its close relative augmented reality (AR) as the next major computing ...

Cisco fixes critical flaws in digital encoder, unified computing manager and security appliance
CIO Cisco fixes critical flaws in digital encoder, unified computing manager and security appliance CIO Cisco Systems has released software ...

Artificial intelligence is the next major wave of computing, Android creator says
... figuring out how to interact with devices that don't have a screen like washing machines. HALF MOON BAY, Calif. The next major phase of computing ...

Cisco fixes critical flaws in digital encoder, unified computing manager and security appliance
CSO Online Cisco fixes critical flaws in digital encoder, unified computing manager and security appliance CSO Online Cisco Systems has released ...

Senao Networks poised to acquire industrial computing device makers
Wireless networking/communication device maker Senao Networks has stepped into developing industrial computing technology and plans to acquire ...

Cloud Computing Center Submerged Underwater
Putting Internet datacenters beneath the sea could save money and speed access to users.

Canonical Lands Ubuntu Linux on Tablets for Computing Convergence
Continuing to focus on convergence, Canonical unveiled the BQ Aquarius M10 Ubuntu Edition, the first tablet hardware for Ubuntu Linux.