Parallel computing toolbox running problem

Dear all,

 I am currently using parallel computing for optimization. I use "matlabpool open 8" command; and use Multistart function for the optimization. In the Multistart function it has been set to be "UseParallel" is "always".

 Problem is that I see 9 MATLAB  image name in Window task manager. Only one of them use 25% of my CPU resource (I have a quad core computer; 25% is equal to one core is fully operating) . All others are 0% CPU usage. I really don't understand the situation.  In term of memory usage, the one using 25% of CPU power use 210M bytes. All the others uses 109M bytes. In my computer, open a new MATLAB  window but doing nothing is around 109M bytes.

 What that means?? Please help. I need the parallel computing power.

Thanks

Is the parallel computing toolbox the solution to this problem?
Hi, I am designing a feedback control loop as part of a project. The MATLAB program reads data through the analog input of a DAC (NI USB 6009), and when there is enough data (say N), it starts to process the data to get a control output and send it through the digital output of the DAC. The reading should be kept going while processing the control signal; and the control signal calculation is refreshed when every time when N/3 data comes in (like a moving window of size N, averaging the old data with the new ones) My problem is how to perform these in parallel? This doesn't need to be in real time, but needs to be fairly quick, the delay still needs to be in orders of seconds. I am not sure if parallel computing toolbox is the solution or there are better (simpler) ways. I am new to Matlab, so please give me some advice on this ^^ thank u all. ...

Recent soft computing papers and MATLAB Toolboxes
Dear Colleagues, I would like to call your kind attention to the updated website of the Soft Computing Research Group at the University of Veszprem (Hungary) http://www.fmt.vein.hu/softcomp/ You can download MATLAB Toolboxes: - Fuzzy Clustering MATLAB Toolbox - Genetic Programming MATLAB Toolbox - Interactive Evolutionary Strategy (EASy) MATLAB Toolbox - Constrained Fuzzy Model Identification for the FMID Toolbox independent MATLAB programs related to: - Data mining * Fuzzy clustering based time-series segmentation * Supervised Fuzzy Clustering for the Identification of Fuzzy Classifiers * Fuzzy Modeling with Multidimensional Membership Functions: Grey-Box Identification and Control Design * Compact TS-Fuzzy Models through Clustering and OLS plus FIS Model Reduction * Inconsistency Analysis of Labeled Data * Star plots - MATLAB files for Graphical Representation of trace elements of clinkers - Process control and monitoring * Feedback Linearizing Control Using Hybrid Neural Networks Identified by Sensitivity Approach * Incorporating Prior Knowledge in Cubic Spline Approximation - Application to the Identification of Reaction Kinetic Models * Identification and Control of Nonlinear Systems Using Fuzzy Hammerstein Models - A Simple Fuzzy Classifier based on manuscripts in PDF about - fuzzy model based process control and monitoring - fuzzy clustering and classification - incorporation of a priori knowledge in the identif...

[...]

question on faster run-time with Parallel Computing toolbox
Good day all, I currently have an optimization algorithm implemented in Matlab. The time to arrive at a solution for this algorithm varies. There is a speed variation since success of ending the optimization relies on randomly selecting a set of data which is hopefully reliable enough for a solution. So for example, my algorithm can end in little as 1 iterations or a maximum of 200 iterations ( i.e. ,a value which I set). I have seen Matlab's Parallel computing toolbox but not sure if would apply to my situation. I would like to know if it is possible to somehow run my algorithm in "parallel" jobs, such that, I can run the script multiple times and end the overall algorithm with the job that terminates first ? Is anything like this or similarly possible with the parallel toolbox? thanks any suggestions, Aiden "Aidy" wrote in message <j7i8jp$1ai$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > Good day all, > > I currently have an optimization algorithm implemented in Matlab. The time to arrive at a solution for this algorithm varies. > > There is a speed variation since success of ending the optimization relies on randomly selecting a set of data which is hopefully reliable enough for a solution. So for example, my algorithm can end in little as 1 iterations or a maximum of 200 iterations ( i.e. ,a value which I set). > > I have seen Matlab's Parallel computing toolbox but not sure if would apply to my situati...

problem with parallel matlab
for i=1:size(APLocation,1) point=APLocation(i,:); parfor j=1:length (RXpoint) rssi(i,j) = LOSS(point,RXpoint(:,j)'); %%rssi having the signal strength from all AP's end end when i'm running the following code, i get the same value for each element of rssi (serially i get different results) where is my problem? Creating some fake data and and implementing a simple LOSS function, I do not see a different between the serial and parallel execution. Does LOSS use any persistent or global variables? function [ rssi rssi2 ] = foo APLocation = rand(10); RXpoint = rand(10) * 5; for i=1:size(APLocation,1) point=APLocation(i,:); parfor j=1:length (RXpoint) rssi(i,j) = LOSS(point,RXpoint(:,j)'); end end for i=1:size(APLocation,1) point=APLocation(i,:); for j=1:length (RXpoint) rssi2(i,j) = LOSS(point,RXpoint(:,j)'); end end end function rv = LOSS( a,b ) rv = sum( a+b ); end "michael" <bezenchu@gmail.com> wrote in message news:ht0t0k$fce$1@fred.mathworks.com... > for i=1:size(APLocation,1) > point=APLocation(i,:); > parfor j=1:length (RXpoint) > rssi(i,j) = LOSS(point,RXpoint(:,j)'); %%rssi having the signal > strength from all AP's > end > end > > when i'm running the following code, i get the same value for each element ...

Parallel computing toolbox #3
Hi, I am using wring some codes to run my program in parallel using the matlab parallel toolbox. My program is all based on command line and no GUI is provided. So I am wondering if I can use command line to - detect how many cpus can be set to be a worker - set up the local workers, - and any other commands that dealing with this parallel toolbox Thanks very much. "George " <guanjihou@gmail.com> writes: > I am using wring some codes to run my program in parallel using the matlab > parallel toolbox. My program is all based on command line and no GUI is > provided. So I am wondering if I can use command line to - detect how many cpus > can be set to be a worker > - set up the local workers, > - and any other commands that dealing with this parallel toolbox The local scheduler automatically detects how many cores your machine has, providing you do not modify the local profile (you can specify an explicit number which overrides the automatic value). So, for example, if you issue the command matlabpool open local that will start as many workers as you have cores on your machine. The local scheduler keeps track of how many workers are running, and will not exceed the number of cores on your machine. Cheers, Edric. Edric M Ellis <eellis@mathworks.com> wrote in message <ytwvcmxoqpg.fsf@uk-eellis0l.dhcp.mathworks.com>... > "George " <guanjihou@gmail.com> writes: > > > I am using wring some ...

Matlab Compiling and Parallel Running
Hi, I have a question regarding using compiled Matlab executables. I have a compiled Matlab code that runs. When the code runs, it creates a folder inside "T:\Temp\mcrCache7.14". For some reason I have to erase that directory every time I need to run the code, otherwise, it fails. So I wrote a PERL script to call the Matlab executable and to handle the erasing of the directory inside the mcrCache directory. All is well so far. The problem is that now I am running such Matlab compiled code in parallel, and I guess now that creates a problem. Now, the PERL scripts might erase the mcrCache while other PERL script is still running! Questions: 1) I wonder why we even need that mcrCache in the first place. Why can't Matlab just compile an executable that contains everything it needs (self-contained) and that runs locally??? 2) If the mcrCache is something that is needed and I can't take away (see question 1), then how do I handle this problem of running in parallel a compiled Matlab program? Any help in this matter is appreciated. Thanks, Noel Andres ...

Problem with Maple Toolbox for MATLAB.
I installed the Maple Toolbox for MATLAB, I have both Maple 13 & MATLAB r2009b, so when I try to run the command syms I get this: syms x y ??? Error using ==> sym.sym at 164 Attempt to execute SCRIPT maplemex as a function: /Applications/MATLAB_R2009b.app/toolbox/maple/maplemex.m Error in ==> syms at 57 assignin('caller',varargin{i},sym(varargin{i})); I don't know what the hell is happening I have been trying to do everything but nothing have worked. I am on Mac OS X 10.6.2. What is going on with this issue? Thanks in advance. ...

vlfeat toolbox problem in matlab
when i try to run computeFeatures function give me this error [keypoints,descriptors] = computeFeatures(imdata) ??? Attempt to execute SCRIPT vl_imsmooth as a function: C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2011a\work\practical-image-classification\vlfeat\toolbox\imop\vl_imsmooth.m Error in ==> vl_phow at 136 ims = vl_imsmooth(im, sigma) ; Error in ==> computeFeatures at 14 [keypoints, descriptors] = vl_phow(im, 'step', 4, 'floatdescriptors', true) ; "amira ali" wrote in message <jbmqhk$2op$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > when i try to run computeFeatures function give me this error > > > [keypoints,descriptors] = computeFeatures(imdata) > ??? Attempt to execute SCRIPT vl_imsmooth as a function: > C:\Program > Files\MATLAB\R2011a\work\practical-image-classification\vlfeat\toolbox\imop\vl_imsmooth.m > > Error in ==> vl_phow at 136 > ims = vl_imsmooth(im, sigma) ; > > Error in ==> computeFeatures at 14 > [keypoints, descriptors] = vl_phow(im, 'step', 4, 'floatdescriptors', true) ; can anyone help me urgently? "amira ali" <amiraali2005@gmail.com> wrote in message news:jbn278$nsb$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com... > "amira ali" wrote in message <jbmqhk$2op$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... >> when i try to run computeFeatures function give me this error >> >> >> [keypoints,descriptors] = computeFeatures(imdata...

Call For Papers: Soft Computing for Bioinformatics (SOFT COMPUTING Journal
=20 SOFT COMPUTING Journal - SPRINGER =20 Special Issue on =20 Soft Computing for Bioinformatics =20 CALL FOR PAPERS =20 The past few years have witnessed phenomenal growth of=20 bioinformatics, an exciting field devoted to the interpretation and=20 analysis of biological data using computational techniques. Among=20 the large number of computational techniques used, soft computing,=20 which incorporates=20 =20 * neural networks,=20 * evolutionary computation,=20 * fuzzy systems, and=20 * chaos,=20 =20 stands out because of its demonstrated strength in handling=20 imprecise information and providing novel solutions to hard=20 problems.=20 =20 This special issue aims at not only showcasing innovative=20 applications of soft computing techniques to bioinformatics, but=20 also clarifying outstanding issues for future progress.=20 =20 Biological areas of interest include but are not limited to the=20 following:=20 =20 * protein structure and function,=20 * genomics,=20 * proteomics,=20 * molecular sequence analysis,=20 * evolution and phylogenetics,=20 * molecular interactions and structure,=20 * gene expression,=20 * metabolic pathways,=20 * regulatory networks,=20 * developmental control and systems biology. =20 =20 Papers should be submitted in PDF format via email to any of the=20 following guest editors by 30 March 2004: =20 * David Corne (D.W.Corne@exeter.ac....

MATLAB will not run on new computer...
Hi everyone! I recently purchased a new computer (a mac running Lion OS) and used my time machine backup to restore my student version of MATLAB from my old mac (that ran Snow Leopard). That didn't work, so I tried reinstalling it from the website and that also didn't work. When I try to load MATLAB by clicking on the icon, a new MATLAB icon pops up and quickly turns into what's looks like a command prompt window and closes. And nothing happens after that... Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? ...

INface toolbox problem using Matlab
This problem is on the INface toolbox method. This is rather simple but I still cannot get it. I followed the instructions and stuff but I still have errors which I cannot remove. After running check_install, all the functions are supposed to be working properly. However, I still have 2 errors (listed below), which hindered my progress. Function "adaptive_nl_means_normalization" is NOT working properly. Function "nl_means_normalization" is NOT working properly. "Darras " <ronaldinho_darras9@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:jipjv7$s0q$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com... > This problem is on the INface toolbox method. This is rather simple but I > still cannot get it. I followed the instructions and stuff but I still > have errors which I cannot remove. > > After running check_install, all the functions are supposed to be working > properly. However, I still have 2 errors (listed below), which hindered my > progress. > > Function "adaptive_nl_means_normalization" is NOT working properly. > Function "nl_means_normalization" is NOT working properly. You're going to need to either contact the author of the toolbox for assistance: http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/26523 or provide a LOT more information about what exactly "is NOT working properly" means before anyone on the group would have enough knowledge to understand what's gone wrong and h...

Parallel Computing Toolbox for Academic License
Dear MATLAB experts, currently, I use the academic version of MATLAB and I would like to try out the Parallel Computing Toolbox. Is there any way to acquire this toolbox for my academic MATLAB version? Kind Regards, Dima "Dimitri " <dimitrn@g.clemson.edu> wrote in message news:jiqmsn$bcn$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com... > Dear MATLAB experts, > > currently, I use the academic version of MATLAB and I would like to try > out the Parallel Computing Toolbox. Is there any way to acquire this > toolbox for my academic MATLAB version? If you're using the Student Version of MATLAB, Parallel Computing Toolbox is available as an add-on product. http://www.mathworks.com/academia/student_version/companion.html Note that MATLAB Distributed Computing Server is NOT available as an add-on product, so I don't believe you will be able to connect multiple machines to create a cluster using Student Version. You should be able to use a local cluster, though. If you're using the Professional Version of MATLAB using Clemson University's license, you will need to check with the IT staff that are responsible for maintaining that license to determine if Parallel Computing Toolbox is included in the license or to discuss setting up a trial version of the toolbox if it is not. -- Steve Lord slord@mathworks.com To contact Technical Support use the Contact Us link on http://www.mathworks.com ...

need to compute this problem having problems with how to start this problem help need urgently
Let   U[0; 2theta] be a uniform random variable from the interval [0; 2theta] and let A  Exp(1) be exponentially distributed with mean 1. Assume  and A independent. Compute the mean mX(t) =E[X(t)] and autocorrelation RX(s; t) = E[X(s)X(t)] of the phase-shifted sinusoid.X(t) = A*  cos(t +theta ): State also if X(t) is Wide Sense Stationary (WSS). plot 10 realisations of X(t) plotR(s-t,0)as a function of s-t "pramod kumar" <pramod.kilu@gmail.com> wrote in message <jpapso$44b$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > Let   U[0; 2theta] be a uniform random variable from the interval [0; 2theta] and let A  Exp(1) be exponentially distributed with mean 1. Assume  and A independent. Compute the mean mX(t) =E[X(t)] and autocorrelation RX(s; t) = E[X(s)X(t)] of the phase-shifted sinusoid.X(t) = A*  cos(t +theta ): > State also if X(t) is Wide Sense Stationary (WSS). > plot 10 realisations of X(t) > plotR(s-t,0)as a function of s-t So what have you tried? If you have not tried anything, this is a suggestion that you were not paying attention in class. Make an effort. John "pramod kumar" <pramod.kilu@gmail.com> wrote in message <jpapso$44b$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > Let   U[0; 2theta] be a uniform random variable from the interval [0; 2theta] and let A  Exp(1) be exponentially distributed with mean 1. Assume  and A independent. Compute the mean mX(t) =E[X(t)] and autocorrelation RX(s; t) = E[X(s)X(t)]...

People tracking example in computer vision toolbox in matlab
Hey,, I am new into the area of image processing and matlab Can any one help me either by explainging or referencing some papers show how the People tracking example in computer vision toolbox in matlab ... I am also interesting if I attached different markers to different people how can I use thses markers to track people by labeling people in the video according to their markers ...

parallel computing
Hello Everyone, I just purchased the parallel computing toolbox. I have 2 general questions on the 'spmd' function. Is running looping iterations on spmd faster than normal for loops ? Is spmd faster on quad core (4 cores) vs a dual core(2 cores) , again in the case of running looping iterations ? regards,Kate "Kate " <chino_tones@hotmail.com> wrote in message <j7tsjk$5r3$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > Hello Everyone, > > I just purchased the parallel computing toolbox. I have 2 general questions on the 'spmd' function. > > Is running looping iterations on spmd faster than normal for loops ? ========= The only chance it would be is if you distribute the loop, using for...drange. > Is spmd faster on quad core (4 cores) vs a dual core(2 cores) , again in the case of running looping iterations ? ============= You'll never know until you try. In my experience, It depends too much on what's being parallelized and the specifics of your architecture. ...

User account problem when I run my labview 8 DSC application on another computer
In my computer, I developed my application which is based on the labview 8 DSC module. And in my application&nbsp;I&nbsp;took use of the User Account feature to make some buttons only visiable to administrator. Then I build my application to an exe file and run on another computer, but when I logged in the target computer as an administrator, the bottons are still invisable. I already tried the follows: I copied the "lookout.sec" from the program&nbsp;developing computer&nbsp;to the target computer to take place the original file, it still doesn't work. Even if I connect these two computer on an local area network, and login under the development machine's domain, it still doesn't work. &nbsp; How can I make those buttons visible in the target machine? &nbsp; Thanks! I already solve this problem by grant the target machine in the development machine's domain manager. But how can I solve this problem if these two computer&nbsp;are not connected in a LAN? ...

Parallel Computing Toolbox se of resources in a multi-core, multi-GPU system
I have a x86-64 system w/ 12 Cores and 8 GPU cards. Supposing I have the parallel toolbox, I am allowed to use up to 12 workers. From what I understand, the following scenario would work (Please correct me if I'm wrong): assign N workers to N GPU cards and (12-N) workers to (12-N) cores. Now, are we allowed to assign multiple cores to a single worker, and have that worker multi thread between cores? For example, use 5 workers: 4 workers to 4 GPU cards, and 1 Worker for 6 cores? I would appreciate any help. ...

Run into problem when running the sample of ActiveTCL
Hi, I've installed ActiveTCL on Linux platform with the Expect as a TCL extension. But encounter error when i tried to run the example of the Expect. path: /usr/local/ActiveTcl/demos/Expect sample: #more telnet-cwd #!/bin/sh # -*- tcl -*- \ exec tclsh "$0" ${1+"$@"} package require Expect # telnet-cwd - telnet but with same directory # # You can extend this idea to save any arbitrary information across telnet # Don Libes - Oct 17, 1991. set prompt "(%=A6#=A6\\$) $" ;# default prompt catch {set prompt $env(EXPECT_PROMPT)} eval spawn telnet $argv interact -o -nobuffer -re $prompt return send "cd [pwd]\r" interact Run the script: [root@donkey Expect]# ./telnet-cwd can't find package Expect while executing "package require Expect" (file "./telnet-cwd" line 4) the files and directory under /usr/local/ActiveTcl/lib: ao libvorbisenc.so.2 tap8.4 bwidget1.7 libvorbisenc.so.2.0.0 tbcload1.4 expect5.43.0 libvorbisfile.so tcl8.4 Img1.3 libvorbisfile.so.3 Tcldom2.6 itcl3.3 libvorbisfile.so.3.0.0 tcldomxml2.6 itk3.3 libvorbis.so Tclexpat2.6 iwidgets4.0.2 libvorbis.so.0 tcllib1.7 libao.so libvorbis.so.0.2.0 tcllib_critcl libao.so.2 libxml2.so tclsoap1.6.7 libao.so.2.1.1 libxml2.so.2 tc...

[Csc] [CFP](upcoming deadline) ParLearning 2012
************************************************************ The LAST Call-for-Paper for ParLearning 2012 Upcoming deadline on 12/19/2011 ************************************************************ ======================================================== ParLearning 2012 Workshop on Parallel and Distributed Computing for Machine Learning and Inference Problems May 25, 2012 Shanghai, China In Conjunction with IPDPS 2012 https://researcher.ibm.com/researcher/view_project.php?id=2591 ======================================================== HIGHLIGHTS ----------- * Foster collaboration between HPC community and AI community * Applying HPC techniques for learning problems * Identifying HPC challenges from learning and inference * Explore a critical emerging area with strong academia and industry interest * Great opportunity for researchers worldwide for collaborating with Chinese Academia and Industry CALL FOR PAPERS --------------- This workshop is one of the major meetings for bringing together researchers in High Performance Computing and Artificial Intelligence to discuss state-of-the-art algorithms, identify critical applications that benefit from parallelization, prospect research areas that require most convergence and assess the impact on broader technical landscape. This is also a great opportunity for researchers worldwide for collaborating with Chinese Academia and Industry....

parallel computing using Cell Computing Model
Hi, i've written an open source C++ framework for Cell Computing. Cell Computing is alike grid computing, but is leant on the biologic. If you are interested please visit http://www.xatlanits.ch. Unfortunately not all documents are available in english yet. All ideas and improvments are welcome :-) -- ...

parallel computing on a six-core local computer
Hi, I just bought a six-core desktop (12 Threads) and discovered that the maximum worker allowed by the parallel computing toolbox is eight workers. This is really disappointing, and I am just wondering if there is anyway to fully utilize the 12 processes and have 12 workers on one local machine. I browsed the help guide for the Distributed Computing Server toolbox and it seems it only works when you'd like to create workers on remote computers. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you! richard "Richard Liu" <richardkailiu@gmail.com> wrote in message news:hrhupd$2v3$1@fred.mathworks.com... > Hi, I just bought a six-core desktop (12 Threads) and discovered that the > maximum worker allowed by the parallel computing toolbox is eight workers. I believe that is the correct behavior, assuming you have just Parallel Computing Toolbox. To use more than 8 local workers, or to use workers across multiple machines, you will need MATLAB Distributed Computing Server as well. > This is really disappointing, and I am just wondering if there is anyway > to fully utilize the 12 processes and have 12 workers on one local > machine. I browsed the help guide for the Distributed Computing Server > toolbox and it seems it only works when you'd like to create workers on > remote computers. That is not the case. Could you post the URL of the documentation page that gave you that impression, so that our d...

AS400 runs, and runs, and runs
A friend went to a conference last week. One of the speakers said they went to a location as a consultant to review their systems and suggest possible upgrades. The consultants found the file servers but they couldn't find any physical device that was actually performing the daily business task. After a day of searching and tracing cables they had maintenance rip the drywall from an interior wall. Behind the drywall was a closet door, in the closet was an AS400. None of the current employees knew the AS400 existed. It had been buried inside a closet for at least 5 years, but it was still processing the daily business transactions. I've heard this story before somewhere else, but it was not a AS/400, but a Window Server at a University School. A rumor or true? I don't know... But, AS/400 is a true blue friend when it comes in reliability. Gil Eb wrote: > A friend went to a conference last week. > > One of the speakers said they went to a location as a consultant to > review their systems and suggest possible upgrades. > > The consultants found the file servers but they couldn't find any > physical device that was actually performing the daily business task. > After a day of searching and tracing cables they had maintenance rip > the drywall from an interior wall. Behind the drywall was a closet > door, in the closet was an AS400. > > None of the current employees knew the AS400 existed. > It had been buried ins...

Web resources about - Parallel computing toolbox running problem - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Computing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For the formal concept of computation, see computation . For the magazine, see Computing (magazine) . For the scientific journal, see Computing ...

Network Computing
Through a For IT, By IT editorial filter, Network Computing connects the dots between architectural approach and how technology impacts the business, ...

Apple Signs Deal To Use Google’s Cloud Computing
More and more businesses are moving their computing platform to the cloud. Cloud computing is the term given to accessing computer and database ...

The coolest thing Sony has built in years might show us the future of computing
... the coolest examples of this back in October when we told you about the MUV Bird, which you can read about here . While the idea that our computing ...

Skyport Raises $30M from GV and Cisco Investments to Ramp Delivery of Zero-Trust Secure Computing Infrastructure ...
Skyport Systems, the company redefining enterprise security architecture, today announced a $30 million round of funding, enabling the company ...

Total cranks up computing power to better see below earth's surface
Oil company Total has almost tripled the performance of Pangea, a supercomputer it uses for analyzing subsurface imaging in search of new oilfields. ...

Could a Fredkin gate be the next quantum leap forward for computing?
Building quantum computers is tricky business, with a range of obstacles to overcome, but scientists have had a recent breakthrough with a new ...

Quanta partners with Ericsson for cloud computing datacenter business
Quanta Computer has partnered with telecom equipment maker Ericsson to push the cloud computing datacenter market and the cooperation is expected ...

Eight Ways Solar Power Is Driving New-Gen Computing
As solar technology advances, it's becoming clear that solar is a vital part of the equation that will grow tech's future.

GPU computing breakthrough? Cloud rendering company claims to run CUDA on non-Nvidia GPUs
The cloud rendering company Otoy is claiming to have invented a new software translation layer that would allow Nvidia's CUDA to run on a variety ...