PCT and DCS: How can I reserve nodes in a cluster only once, and use the nodes to run my batch jobs as needed?

Hi,

I have Matlab R2009a on a cluster with DCS and LSF. I use the cluster to run large matlab programs that require multiple batch (non-interactive) jobs to compute a final result.

My problem is that all the queues in the cluster have long waits, so I'd strongly prefer to avoid having my batch scripts waiting for free slots from LSF every time I need to run a batch job.

Is there a way of reserving nodes ahead in the cluster and just once, and then use the nodes to run my batch scripts as required?

In case it is useful, I have been using the following sequence of statements every time I need to run a batch job.

1) findResource
2) createJob
3) createTask
4) submit
5) waitForState

Thank you

"AMVR " <ribonucleico@gmail.com> writes:

> I have Matlab R2009a on a cluster with DCS and LSF. I use the cluster to run
> large matlab programs that require multiple batch (non-interactive) jobs to
> compute a final result.
>
> My problem is that all the queues in the cluster have long waits, so I'd
> strongly prefer to avoid having my batch scripts waiting for free slots from
> LSF every time I need to run a batch job.
>
> Is there a way of reserving nodes ahead in the cluster and just once, and then
> use the nodes to run my batch scripts as required?

I don't know of any way to do this - but I'm not an expert in using
LSF.

One alternative approach might be to start up a MATLABPOOL on your LSF workers
(which keeps the nodes until you close the MATLABPOOL), and then use PARFOR/SPMD
to run stuff in parallel rather than submitting batch jobs.

Cheers,

Edric.
0
eellis (488)

xsl variable $node/text() but $node can non-node-set help!

Can I hide the toolbar abort button using the Property Node whilst a VI is running?
Hi all, &nbsp; I have a vi that I would prefer people not to be able to close once it begins a particular part of its code. This particular part of the code is only a small portion, but lasts a few minutes and if closed during the process it will cause problems with some other devices attached to the computer. However, as much as I'd like to just hide&nbsp;the Abort button on the toolbar completely using the Window Appearance settings (using LabVIEW 6i) it has to be visible and 'working' for most of the time, so this option isn't open to me. &nbsp; Is it possible to...

How to write a C wrapper dll to export Matlab dll functions so that LabVIEW Call Library Function Node can use it?
Hello LabView developers, &nbsp; I used LabVIEW to call Matlab m script to implement matlab MPC successfully. I wanted to use Matlab compiler to compile the matlab m script function into a c&nbsp;shared library&nbsp;.dll so that LabVIEW can call it without requiring Matlab installed on the PC. &nbsp; I used MatLab R2007b with matlab compiler. I was able to generate a C shared library dll set successfully using mcc command. &nbsp; However, from the header file, I see that the inputs and outputs of&nbsp;the function prototype&nbsp;are&nbsp;in mxArray. I need to ch...

Dynamic loading a VI: I need wait until done functionality using Call by Reference Node method for loading and running a VI?
I wanted to know if there is any possible way to have the 'Wait until Done' = false funtionality of the Invoke node method of Run VI when dynamically loading a VI using the Call by Reference Node Method to do the dynamic load.&nbsp; This functionality allows asychronous run of the VI. It gets complicated as to why I want to use the Call by Reference Node Method vs. Invoke Node method. Sincerely, Don I believe the answer is yes,&nbsp;but without knowing the details of why you need it its the best answer I can give you at this time.&nbsp; I used what your asking for in a...

cannot ssh from master node to slave node in cluster
PROBLEM ------- I was able to ssh from the master node (server) to a slave node (oscarnode1) previously. That means ssh was running properly previously. But now, I can't login to oscarnode1. I tried ping and it works perfectly. Meanwhile, I can still ssh from server to all other nodes successfully. How this happens is that I am running MPI programs (using MPICH) from the master node on the slave nodes using "mpirun -np 8 allgatherv2". Everything works fine until my program appear to consume too much on oscarnode1 (as seen from the /var/log/messages), forcing oscarnode1 to 'd...

node and port alloclass, cannot add a node to the cluster
I've a 2node cluster and I'm having trouble adding a 3rd node. I've been reading the Cluster Systems manual for ages but some points are still a bit obscure. My cluster: +--------------------------------------------------------+-----------------+ | SYSTEMS | MEMBERS | +--------+--------------------------------+--------------+-------+---------+ | NODE | HW_TYPE | SOFTWARE | VOTES | STATUS | +--------+--------------------------------+--------------+-------+---------+ | OKAPI | AlphaServer DS10L 617...

Selecting Nodes Using Subtotal of Child Nodes
I'm having difficulty finding the correct syntax that will allow me to select a group of invoices based on the total of an amount column located in its line items. Below are simplified examples of my XML and XSLT files: XML FILE <?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes"?> <?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="OutstandingInvoiceBalances.xslt"?> <ProgramData> <Invoices> <InvoiceID>1</InvoiceID> <InvoiceNumber>100</InvoiceNumber> <Amount>1000.00</Amount> </Invoices> <I...

can i create a property node of a property node?
hello - i made a small vi that im attaching to visiualize what i am wanting to do. i have two modes in my vi - one with automation on and the other off... in manual control mode. &nbsp; in automation mode...i am reading a sensor (hall effect) and when the boolean is true, then the property node of a stop motor event is automatically executed. &nbsp; if i want to be in manual mode, i don't want that property node to execute whenever the boolean reads true. i only want to be able to press the stop button manually. &nbsp; so i tried creating a property node of a property node, and chose the "disabled" property wiring a 1 constant&nbsp;into it which should be "disabled". &nbsp; anyway - i don't know if this is even possible cause i am getting an error. can i make this work or how can i turn automation off and therefore turning the property node to the stop motor off too? &nbsp; thanks! AUTOMATION CONTROL TESTING.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/171133/1/AUTOMATION CONTROL TESTING.vi Thats the problem....I do have a pn inside a case structure, so if a sensor's value is reached it automatically shuts off a motor. However, sometimes, I don't want that to automatically happen so I want the property node to be diabled or inactive. So making a pn of a pn is what I think would solve this. Is there such a thing? &nbsp; thanks! altenbach wrote: Don't overcomplicate things! ;) You don't need a prope...

Sun Cluster 3.0: last quorum lost in not running two node cluster
Hi, where can I find the manual procedure to recover the quorum in case of a not running two node SUN Cluster 3.0 by changing the CCR? Thanks Bernhard ...

How to change the Y axis Scale Label using in run mode, using property node or other....
I have been using to change the Y axis Scale Label(string) in run mode, using combo box link to property node.. but look like there isn't a property for Y axis Scale Label value In order to change this string create a property node and modify the following property. YScale>>Name Label>>Text This will allow you to modify that property. Let me know if you need more assistance. Have a great day! Allan S. Applications Engineering National Instruments ...

creation of nodes using matlab
how to create a node for packet transfer from source to base station using MATLAB? ...

Getting all nodes and node details from xml using xquery

[HELP] Create a DOM using a node from another node
Hi, I'm posting an answer for people looking about the same thing. private Document createNewDOM(Document srcDocument) { try { //Create the resulting DOM Document resultDocument = DocumentBuilderFactory.newInstance().newDocumentBuilder().newDocument(); //import an element (here, it is the root element) from first DOM DocumentFragment df = srcDocument.createDocumentFragment(); documentFragment.appendChild(srcDocument.getDocumentElement()); //Create the Node to append to the new DOM Node importNode = resultDocument.importNode(documentFragment, true); resul...

selecting nodes between other nodes

Inserting Nodes between Nodes

Select Node Using position or value of another node.
Hi, I'm trying to get the value of another node using the position of another node or the name of the tag. Such that the current node is one of the contacts child nodes sec or prim and doing <xsl:value-of select="//cust[seq = position()]/name"/> Should return jon for the prim tag and peter for the sec tag, but fails as position() appears to resolve to the position of cust not the contacts node alternatively I would like to do something like <xsl:value-of select="//cust[seq = [name()='prim' then 0 else 1]]/name"/> <custs> ...

select nodes with child node A and child node B
I have an XML document that has multiple childe nodes like the one at the end of this message What syntax would I use with selectNodes to select all viewentry nodes that have an entrydata child node with a name attribute equal to "CourseOrMeetingName" that has a text childe node with the text Course ABC AND that also have an entrydata child with a name attribute equal to Start Date that has a datetime child node with the text 20070110 I was trying something like //viewentry[ (entrydata[@name='CourseOrMeetingName'][text='Course ABC']) and (entrydata[@name='St...

sensor nodes using matlab
im doing my research in WSN.how to create sensor nodes using matlab. "Nivetha gopal" <evingt@gmail.com> wrote in message <im2d6g$dgu$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > im doing my research in WSN.how to create sensor nodes using matlab. hi nivetha, i got this code from matlab central clear; noOfNodes = 50; rand('state', 0); figure(1); clf; hold on; L = 1000; R = 200; % maximum range; netXloc = rand(1,noOfNodes)*L; netYloc = rand(1,noOfNodes)*L; for i = 1:noOfNodes plot(netXloc(i), netYloc(i), '.'); text(netXloc(i), netYloc(i), num2str(i)); for j = 1:noOfNo...

link nodes using MATLAB
Hello Who can help me on how to program to link a node in matlab.For example i want to program that point 1 is only link to point 2,3 and 4 and if point 1 link to this node then this link point is consider feasible path.If 1 is link with other point than this, its means that that is unfeasible path and need to be cutt off.. I beg to anybody that could help me.. thank you.. In article <fuhaho$j4b$1@fred.mathworks.com>, NohaiddaSariff aida <nohaiddasariff@yahoo.com> wrote: >Who can help me on how to program to link a node in >matlab.For example i want...

Can you use zlib from Matlab, only using native Matlab code?
Hello, I'm trying to decompress a file using zlib, for use by my Matlab function. Currently I'm doing it by calling Python midway through my function, but I would like to make it so that I don't need to have Python installed on whatever computer I'm trying to run my function on. I was wondering if there was a way for me to use zlib just using native Matlab code. I don't know much about compression/decompression, so I'm open to any suggestions. I've been searching around for a while, and haven't found anything. Thanks very much ...

ssh not responding (hang) from master node to a slave node in a cluster
OS ver for all the nodes: Red Hat Linux release 7.3 (Valhalla) ssh ver for all the nodes: OpenSSH_3.1p1, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0, OpenSSL 0x0090602f PROBLEM ------- I can't ssh from the master node (server) to a slave node (oscarnode1). So now, I can't login to oscarnode1. I tried ping and it works perfectly. Meanwhile, I can still ssh from server to all other nodes successfully. How this happens is that I am running MPI programs (using MPICH) from the master node on the slave nodes using "mpirun -np 8 allgatherv2". Everything works fine until my program appear to consume too much on oscarnode1 (as seen from the /var/log/messages), forcing oscarnode1 to 'die'. Now, I can't 1) "ssh oscarnode1" 2) "mpirun -np 8 allgatherv2" (possibly caused by the 'dead' oscarnode1) output from /var/log/messages: ----------- Sep 7 20:19:09 oscarnode1 sshd(pam_unix)[2000]: session opened for user csyeo by (uid=0) Sep 7 20:20:56 oscarnode1 sshd(pam_unix)[2018]: session opened for user csyeo by (uid=0) Sep 7 20:21:17 oscarnode1 kernel: Out of Memory: Killed process 2001(allgatherv2). Sep 7 20:21:28 oscarnode1 sshd(pam_unix)[2000]: session closed for user csyeo Sep 7 20:21:42 oscarnode1 sshd(pam_unix)[2082]: session opened for user csyeo by (uid=0) ----------- Now, I try running ssh with -v option to debug, it is not responding after showing the below: ----------- [csyeo@server csyeo]$ ssh -v oscarnode1 OpenSSH_3.1p1, SSH protoc...

xslt help needed with element nodes embedded in text node

Getting -90031 (can't find function) error from Mathscript node when running executable, but works when I run the pre-compiled VI
I have set the Mathscript preferences 'Path' and 'Working Directory' parameters to the folder containing my scripts, and it works when I run the VI, but I get a -90031 error when I run the executable. &nbsp; What am I doing wrong? &nbsp; &nbsp; Hi Umars, &nbsp; Please take a look at the following link: &nbsp; MathScript Functions Not Supported in the LabVIEW Run-Time Engine <a href="http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361B-01/lvhowto/ms_func_no_suprt_rteng/" target="_blank">http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361B-01/...

node-node adjacency matrix to a node-arc adjacency matrix
I have been trying to figure out how to create a arc-node adjacency matrix from a node-node adjacency matrix, for example: node-node adj A = [0 1 0 1 1; 0 0 1 1 0; 0 0 0 1 1; 0 0 0 0 1; 0 0 0 0 0]; looking for the following links: 1-2,1-4,1-5,2-3,2-4,3-4,3-5,4-5 arc-node adj B =[ 1 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 -1 0 0 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 -1 0 1 1 0 0 -1 0 0 -1 -1 0 1 0 0 -1 0 0 0 -1 -1]; Any help will be greatly appreciated: I have tried to develop a for loop using "A" and assigning -1 to the tail end of the link but with no succes...

Web resources about - PCT and DCS: How can I reserve nodes in a cluster only once, and use the nodes to run my batch jobs as needed? - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Federal Reserve Note - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A Federal Reserve Note , also a United States banknote or U.S. banknote , is a type of banknote used in the United States of America . Denominated ...

Body found at inner-north reserve near Ovingham Sports and Social Club - AdelaideNow Search Search
THE death of a man whose body was found at a reserve in Adelaide’s inner-north on Thursday night is not being treated as suspicious.

Police find missing kayaker at Uriarra Crossing Reserve
ACT Policing has located a 37-year-old man who went missing near Uriarra Crossing on Friday night.

Man’s body found at reserve
THE body of a man has been found at a reserve in Adelaide’s inner north.

Police find missing kayaker at Uriarra Crossing Reserve
ACT Policing has located a 37-year-old man who went missing near Uriarra Crossing on Friday night.

Police find missing kayaker at Uriarra Crossing Reserve
ACT Policing has located a 37-year-old man who went missing near Uriarra Crossing on Friday night.

Canada's Gold Reserves Are Just About Empty 101
... is probably the worst place for a heist right now. OTTAWA — The Canadian government has nearly completed a gradual sell-off of its gold reserves ...

Arsenal Blow World Football Away After Topping Cash Reserves List by a Country Mile
... may be floundering a little in their Premier League challenge, but they are at least top of one league table - with the biggest cash reserves ...

Marco Rubio Still Unclear On What The Federal Reserve, Like, ‘Does’ Exactly
Marco Rubio would like to dispel with this fiction that the Federal Reserve is run by Jedis.

Federal Reserve Beige Book, March 2 - Business Insider Deutschland
This Beige Book has been prepared ahead of the Fed's policy meeting on March 15 and 16. Pixabay The Federal Reserve's latest Beige Book showed ...