People tracking example in computer vision toolbox in matlab

Hey,,

I am new into the area of image processing and matlab
Can any one help me either by explainging or referencing some papers show how the People tracking example in computer vision toolbox in matlab ...

I am also interesting if I attached different markers to different people how can I use thses markers to track people by labeling people in the video according to their markers

Recent soft computing papers and MATLAB Toolboxes
Dear Colleagues, I would like to call your kind attention to the updated website of the Soft Computing Research Group at the University of Veszprem (Hungary) http://www.fmt.vein.hu/softcomp/ You can download MATLAB Toolboxes: - Fuzzy Clustering MATLAB Toolbox - Genetic Programming MATLAB Toolbox - Interactive Evolutionary Strategy (EASy) MATLAB Toolbox - Constrained Fuzzy Model Identification for the FMID Toolbox independent MATLAB programs related to: - Data mining * Fuzzy clustering based time-series segmentation * Supervised Fuzzy Clustering for the Identification of Fuzzy Classifiers * Fuzzy Modeling with Multidimensional Membership Functions: Grey-Box Identification and Control Design * Compact TS-Fuzzy Models through Clustering and OLS plus FIS Model Reduction * Inconsistency Analysis of Labeled Data * Star plots - MATLAB files for Graphical Representation of trace elements of clinkers - Process control and monitoring * Feedback Linearizing Control Using Hybrid Neural Networks Identified by Sensitivity Approach * Incorporating Prior Knowledge in Cubic Spline Approximation - Application to the Identification of Reaction Kinetic Models * Identification and Control of Nonlinear Systems Using Fuzzy Hammerstein Models - A Simple Fuzzy Classifier based on manuscripts in PDF about - fuzzy model based process control and monitoring - fuzzy clustering and classification - incorporation of a priori knowledge in the identif...

[...]

Matlab engine with matlab R2010b

Maple Matlab toolbox
I have Matlab 2010a(64bit) and Maple 15(think 64bit, not sure). When I setup the matlab toolbox, it installs the 32 bit toolbox with maplemex.mex32 file. When I run the code, matlab searches for maplemex.mex64 bit file. Any idea how I can remedy this? I have Visual C++ 2008 Sp1 compiler setup on matlab. Thanks in advance. ...

Need help for a matlab mini project

Problem with Maple Toolbox for MATLAB.
I installed the Maple Toolbox for MATLAB, I have both Maple 13 & MATLAB r2009b, so when I try to run the command syms I get this: syms x y ??? Error using ==> sym.sym at 164 Attempt to execute SCRIPT maplemex as a function: /Applications/MATLAB_R2009b.app/toolbox/maple/maplemex.m Error in ==> syms at 57 assignin('caller',varargin{i},sym(varargin{i})); I don't know what the hell is happening I have been trying to do everything but nothing have worked. I am on Mac OS X 10.6.2. What is going on with this issue? Thanks in advance. ...

bar
In MatLab 6.5, the routine above works normal: figure; sem=Average(:,2)./sqrt(Average(:,3)); bar([1:1:7],Average(:,1),sem); ylabel('% of epochs analyzed') xlabel('Frequency Band') title ('Occurrence of Oscillatory Events - Ch X') %Where Average and sem are vectors; But, in MatLab 7.0, the same code cause the following error: ??? Error using ==> xychk Too many input arguments. Error in ==> bar at 53 [msg,x,y] = xychk(args{1:nargs},'plot'); Error in ==> cross_subj_analysis>ok_Callback at 327 bar([1:1:7],Average(:,1),sem); I'd like to know why this occour. Thanks Henrique In article <g7a1j6$l1$1@fred.mathworks.com>, Henrique Amaral <henriquetomaz@uol.com.br> wrote: >In MatLab 6.5, the routine above works normal: >figure; >sem=Average(:,2)./sqrt(Average(:,3)); >bar([1:1:7],Average(:,1),sem); >ylabel('% of epochs analyzed') >xlabel('Frequency Band') >title ('Occurrence of Oscillatory Events - Ch X') >%Where Average and sem are vectors; >But, in MatLab 7.0, the same code cause the following error: >??? Error using ==> xychk >Too many input arguments. >Error in ==> bar at 53 > [msg,x,y] = xychk(args{1:nargs},'plot'); >Error in ==> cross_subj_analysis>ok_Callback at 327 >bar([1:1:7],Average(:,1),sem); >I'd like to know why this occour. When the third argument is numeric, it must be the bar width. barwidth must b...

Grid computing & Matlab
Hi, I'm looking for a way to run matlab in a GCE (GridComputingEinvironment) without changing the code of my matlabprogramms or simulink simulations radicaly. Is there anybody who experienced some way to realize a such environment or can give me some information about a way to get it working?? All that on MS WinXP platform.... Any idea?? Thank you very much!!! Marc -- ...

Matlab builder JA: parse java string to matlab cell
Hi all, I'm building a java swing based GUI for my Matlab application. As such, user input is available as text strings, for example "{[0; 0], [3.5 0; 0 2]}" (mean vector and covariance matrix of a 2D Gaussian). The user input will be passed to the compiled matlab method as a MWCellArray. Problem is how do a convert (parse) the above string into a MWCellArray? From its javadoc http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/toolbox/javabuilder/MWArrayAPI/index.html the following method is available: java.lang.String toString() Returns a string representation of this array, but the reverse method is not. Evidently, parsing a string like the one above is a non trivial task and I'm loath to attempt writing one by myself. I would be very thankful if someone can point me to the required parser implementation. Matlab itself is carrying out this task all the time, perhaps it is possible to access Matlab's own parser. Help much appreciated, Ritesh ...

Call For Papers: Soft Computing for Bioinformatics (SOFT COMPUTING Journal
=20 SOFT COMPUTING Journal - SPRINGER =20 Special Issue on =20 Soft Computing for Bioinformatics =20 CALL FOR PAPERS =20 The past few years have witnessed phenomenal growth of=20 bioinformatics, an exciting field devoted to the interpretation and=20 analysis of biological data using computational techniques. Among=20 the large number of computational techniques used, soft computing,=20 which incorporates=20 =20 * neural networks,=20 * evolutionary computation,=20 * fuzzy systems, and=20 * chaos,=20 =20 stands out because of its demonstrated strength in handling=20 imprecise information and providing novel solutions to hard=20 problems.=20 =20 This special issue aims at not only showcasing innovative=20 applications of soft computing techniques to bioinformatics, but=20 also clarifying outstanding issues for future progress.=20 =20 Biological areas of interest include but are not limited to the=20 following:=20 =20 * protein structure and function,=20 * genomics,=20 * proteomics,=20 * molecular sequence analysis,=20 * evolution and phylogenetics,=20 * molecular interactions and structure,=20 * gene expression,=20 * metabolic pathways,=20 * regulatory networks,=20 * developmental control and systems biology. =20 =20 Papers should be submitted in PDF format via email to any of the=20 following guest editors by 30 March 2004: =20 * David Corne (D.W.Corne@exeter.ac....

some problems of codes of MATLAB 7.0 working on MATLAB 6.5
I have used MATLAB for few hours.So I don't know the differences between version 6.5 and 7.0.I want to use some codes of MATLAB 7.0, but they doesn't work in MATLAB 6.5.How to change these codes so that they can work in matlab 6.5.Waiting for your help. Thank you . The codes are like this .I think changing the function findPI may work ,but I don'y know how % PIfun.m % Evaluate a function used to find the PI-line, using Kyle Champley's % method. % % Adam Wunderlich % last update: 5/18/06 function y = PIfun(r,R,h,gamma,x3,sb) temp = R - r*cos(gamma-sb); y = h*((pi - 2*atan(r*sin(gamma-sb)/temp))*(1 + (r^2 - R^2)/ (2*R*temp)) ... + sb) - x3; % find_PI_Line.m % % Find the the parametric interval corresponding to the unique PI-line % passing through the point x for a given helical pitch. % This code implements the method of Kyle Champley. % inputs: P = pitch (cm/turn), R = helix radius, delta_s = s stepsize, x % output: PI = [sb st] % % Adam Wunderlich % last update: 5/18/06 function [PI] = findPI(P,R,delta_s,x) h = P/(2*pi); r = sqrt(x(1)^2+x(2)^2); gamma = atan2(x(2),x(1)); options = optimset('TolX',h*delta_s/100,'FunValCheck','on'); [sb,fval,exitflag] = fzero(@(sb) PIfun(r,R,h,gamma,x(3),sb),... [(x(3)-h*pi)/h,x(3)/h],options); if exitflag ~=1, disp('Error: PI invalid'); end % note that beta=sb in Kyle's formula alphaX = atan(r*sin(gamma-sb)/(R - r*cos(gamma-sb))); st = sb + pi -...

can't run matlab setup/No puedo correr matlab
Hi! I opened the&nbsp;matlab script fractal.vi&nbsp;then my antivirus (Kaspersky)&nbsp;ask&nbsp;if I acept the modified te registry of matlab setup,&nbsp; I &nbsp;say "yes" After that when I want open matlab the setup run but inmediatly it's close, why???? &nbsp; Hola: Abri el matlab script fractal.vi y mi antivirus (Kasoersky)me preguntaba si aceptaba una modificacion del registro del setup de matlab yo acepte Despues de eso cuanto abro matlab se cierra inmediatamente porque?? &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Hola Sa�l Es probable que el problema est� relacionado con el antivirus Kaspersky, trata de deshabilitarlo y correr nuevamente el ejemplo.&nbsp; Si esto no funciona revisa el estado de tus licencias de LabVIEW y de Matlab, probablemente tengas que reinstalar el programa y/o activar las licencias. �Qu� versi�n de LabVIEW y Matlab tienes? �El comportamiento es el mismo con el otro ejemplo?, me refiero al de la siguiente dir: labview\examples\scriptnode\Differential Equation.llb\MATLAB Script - Lorenz Diff Eq.vi Si corres este ejemplo �El antivirus tambi�n te pregunta cambiar lo de los registros?, ser�a bueno contactar a Mathworks para saber c�mo reconfigurar nuevamente los registros de Matlab ...

Help for decreasing computation time in Matlab
Hi,all; I have one question about increasing computation speed for matlab programme. I have one Matlab programmer which last for almost 5 hours. If I write part of codes in Fortran and calling those codes in the main m file, is there any significant improvement of the computation speed taking place? or in other word, will fortran codes run much faster compared to the matlab? any comment on this subject is greatly appreciated. thanks, edwards Take a look for: help profile This gives a possibility to check the code for time consuming lines. Sorry, but I do not know about decreasing computation time by using fortran functions. Regards, Stefan Edwards wrote: > > > Hi,all; > I have one question about increasing computation speed for matlab > programme. I have one Matlab programmer which last for almost 5 > hours. If I write part of codes in Fortran and calling those codes > in > the main m file, is there any significant improvement of the > computation speed taking place? or in other word, will fortran > codes > run much faster compared to the matlab? > any comment on this subject is greatly appreciated. > > thanks, > edwards > Sorry, but I do not know about decreasing computation time by using > fortran functions. You should expect a time benefit from using your FORTRAN functions. To get more information search the newsgroup for the keyword MEX and GENERIC DLL. While most of us write MEXs and DLLs in C and C++, you may ...

MATLAB will not run on new computer...
Hi everyone! I recently purchased a new computer (a mac running Lion OS) and used my time machine backup to restore my student version of MATLAB from my old mac (that ran Snow Leopard). That didn't work, so I tried reinstalling it from the website and that also didn't work. When I try to load MATLAB by clicking on the icon, a new MATLAB icon pops up and quickly turns into what's looks like a command prompt window and closes. And nothing happens after that... Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? ...

Distributed Matlab Computing in batch mode.
Hi all, I am using Matlab 7.8.0.347 (R2009a) on a large Linux cluster. My computations are quire large and require many cases, which i pilot from PERL scripts that submit matal jobs of the type : /usr/local/bin/matlab -nodesktop < script.m > script.log & using a Portabl Batch System : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portable_Batch_System Now, I recently starting toying around with the Distributed Computing Toolbox, which seems promising under the Java (Desktop) environment, but gives me the following error msg in the command line environment : >> matlabpool open local 4 ??? Error using ==> matlabpool>iVerifyJava at 325 matlabpool is not supported because Java is not currently available. Error in ==> matlabpool at 76 iVerifyJava(); The problem is that PBS will accept launching jobs in batch mode without the flashy GUI Desktop that just slows things down anyways. So the question is : is there a way to make use of the Distributed Computing Toolbox outside of the desktop environment ? My jobs can run for 30 hours straight (though hopefully less if the parallel computing really works) and it is not an option to leave a Matlab desktop open for that time... Thank you for any input you may have. Best, Julien "Julien Emile-Geay" <julien.emile-geay@normalesup.org> writes: > Now, I recently starting toying around with the Distributed Computing Toolbox, > which seems promising under the Java (Desktop) environment, but gives me the ...

Using data acquisition toolbox of matlab
Hi, I am working on the project with DAQ toolbox of Matlab with NI USB x6336 device. However, I have few progress on it. My problem needs to use trigger, analog input and timer/counter input/ output. More specifically, I use a digital pin to output a 2MHz clock to an external device (counter); for every 100 ms, I will read analog data from the external device, for which I need to send a pulse on another digital pin as read signal (counter and trigger). I have been reading the introduction and related material on DAQ toolbox for couples of days. To get the trigger functionality, I need to use the legacy interface; however, to use the timer/counter, I need the session interface. I am not sure if there is any solution to this problem? Thanks! ...

Soft handoff simulation in matlab #2
Hey all, I am having problem in soft handover implementation with MATLAB please help me out. It is my final dissertation .I am unable to do this. ..pls mail me at nikhilpatel0786@gmail.com Thank you very much... Please helpp "vpmp patel" <mecs@yahoogoups.com> wrote in message news:jkh46d$i9m$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com... > Hey all, > I am having problem in soft handover implementation with MATLAB > please help me out. It is my final dissertation .I am unable to do > this. Then you need to talk to your dissertation advisor first; if he or she can't give you enough help, post SPECIFIC DETAILS about the problem you're experiencing with your implementation and ask a SPECIFIC question and someone may be able to offer some suggestions. -- Steve Lord slord@mathworks.com To contact Technical Support use the Contact Us link on http://www.mathworks.com ...

Incompatible of MAT file for Matlab 6.5.1 and Matlab 7.0
Hi! I have recently installed Matlab 7.0. I have save my simulation results in .MAT file. However, these MAT files can't be opened using Matlab 6.5.1. I encountered problem as follows: ??? Error using ==> load Unable to read MAT file D:\MATLAB7\work\results.mat File may be corrupt. How can I solve this problem? Thanks. Linda Please see here: <http://tx.technion.ac.il/~perryb/matlab7/mat7.pdf> In short, save again as: The new features and enhancements are described in the "Release notes" of Matlab. A new feature that causes incompatibility with previous versions of Matlab is the new encoding of MAT files. Matlab release 14 writes character and figure data to MAT-files using Unicode encoding by default. Unicode encoded MAT-files are not readable by earlier versions of Matlab. If you intend to load your MAT-files created with Matlab release 14, you must override the Unicode default during the save. You can override the default encoding by using the -v6 switch with save and hgsave: save filename -v6 hgsave filename -v6 Hope it helps Linda wrote: > > > Hi! > > I have recently installed Matlab 7.0. > I have save my simulation results in .MAT file. > However, these MAT files can't be opened using Matlab 6.5.1. > > I encountered problem as follows: > > ??? Error using ==> load > Unable to read MAT file D:\MATLAB7\work\results.mat > > File ma...

INface toolbox problem using Matlab
This problem is on the INface toolbox method. This is rather simple but I still cannot get it. I followed the instructions and stuff but I still have errors which I cannot remove. After running check_install, all the functions are supposed to be working properly. However, I still have 2 errors (listed below), which hindered my progress. Function "adaptive_nl_means_normalization" is NOT working properly. Function "nl_means_normalization" is NOT working properly. "Darras " <ronaldinho_darras9@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:jipjv7$s0q$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com... > This problem is on the INface toolbox method. This is rather simple but I > still cannot get it. I followed the instructions and stuff but I still > have errors which I cannot remove. > > After running check_install, all the functions are supposed to be working > properly. However, I still have 2 errors (listed below), which hindered my > progress. > > Function "adaptive_nl_means_normalization" is NOT working properly. > Function "nl_means_normalization" is NOT working properly. You're going to need to either contact the author of the toolbox for assistance: http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/26523 or provide a LOT more information about what exactly "is NOT working properly" means before anyone on the group would have enough knowledge to understand what's gone wrong and h...

Computational Fluid Dynamics in MATLAB available
Hi! We have put on Matlab Central a very flexible toolbox which allows simulation of fluid flows and heat transfer in MATLAB. Additionally, when using PDE or Optimization toolbox you get yet more possibilities that available in the standard free distribution. If you are interested in CFD - try our QuickerSim CFD Toolbox: http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/53993-quickersim-cfd-toolbox New release available!!! We have released a new version of the QuickerSim CFD Toolbox. Right now, there is a very detailed video course available which is focused on heat transfer, complex rheologies, nonlinear problems, but also simple, general CFD and fluid flow cases. The toolbox is available for free. Documentation is available, if you send an empty E-mail to cfddownload@quickersim.com Facebook course on how to use QuickerSim CFD Toolbox for aerodynamic, fluid mechanics and heat transfer simulations starting very soon! Just go to our website, share the news on Facebook, invite your friends and learn compeletely for free! We will teach you, how to: 1. Prepare geometry and mesh for CFD simulations. 2. Make aerodynamic airfoil simulations. 3. Simulate fluid flow with Navier-Stokes equations. 4. Solve an engineering heat transfer problem. Join the Facebook course through our website: http://www.quickersim.com/cfd-toolbox-for-matlab/index ...

matlab traffic simulation
I have been assigned to create a traffic simulation with matlab. I have been working on this already for a week but I have stumbled onto something that I cannot solve. I am able to represent a vehicle by creating a square from a matrix. for example, line([ 0 0 1 1 0 ],[ 0 2 2 0 0 ]) That is just an example. I'm able to accelerate this "vehicle" and impose speed limits. However, I cannot seem to find a good way of keeping track of multiple "vehicles" and making each vehicle aware of each other so that they can decelerate or stop before crashing into one another. I need to know that if a vehicle is, say, 2 units ahead of a "vehicle", then I need to start decelerating to reach a "safe" distance. I have heard some colleagues say that I need to create a matrix and keep track of each vehicle by mapping them in the matrix. I do not think this is good enough since the matrix will grow linearly with the length of the road, and from this I cannot represent the simulation graphically. What I'm thinking is that maybe I can have a matrix that records ONLY the distance from one vehicle to the other. However, even that is not clear to me and I cannot make any progress. Is there anyone that can give me some detailed advice on how I can develop a good method to keep track of each vehicle in my "road"? Please provide a explanation. Thank you. p.s. I have received very good help before from google groups so I'm hoping that thi...

Web resources about - People tracking example in computer vision toolbox in matlab - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Template:Tracking category - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is a tracking category , a category intended to build and maintain a list of pages primarily for the sake of the list itself. Rather than ...

Facebook Urges Dismissal Of $15B Internet Tracking Lawsuit
Facebook is seeking the dismissal of a $15 billion lawsuit that accuses it of secretly tracking its users’ Internet activity after they leave ...

Tracking down two refugees in Cambodia
How I found myself in the teeming Cambodia capital trying to find two refugees from different countries whom I knew nothing about, not even their ...

Belgium 'under-resourced' in tracking its vast numbers of persons of interest, says European security ...
Belgian authorities are still checking whether Tuesday's terror attacks were linked to the arrest of Salah Abdeslam, one of the key figures in ...

Nielsen to start tracking by-device statistics for set-top boxes like the Apple TV
... are actively watching content on the Apple, and starting soon we’ll get a deeper look into those numbers. Nielsen, the company behind tracking ...

NFL mock draft database 2016: Tracking Giants picks from around the Internet
Let's keep track of mock drafts from around the Internet as the 2016 NFL Draft approaches. Can we find a consensus for the New York Giants?

Cleantech Stocks Shine, Tracking Nearly 30% Ahead Of Main Index
... Small Ordinaries Index gain of 0.7%. The Australian CleanTech 20 rose 2.3% for the month. The CleanTech [&hellip Cleantech Stocks Shine, Tracking ...

Court gives green light to death penalty fast-tracking
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — A federal appeals court Wednesday cleared the way for the Department of Justice to allow states to have their inmates' death ...

Tracking Refugees Is ‘Un-American,’ Says Muslim Activist Group
Immigrants from Syria, Sudan and Iran shouldn't be singled out, CAIR says

Eye-tracking tech makes The Division's cluttered UI way more bearable
... mark on the game. It's tough to look past all those numbers, because they are absolutely everywhere. Tobii's SteelSeries Sentry eye-tracking ...