Performance Index PI calculated

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Dear my Bros.

I had system of 7th order, includes on 7 states. these are
xdot1 = f(x1,x2,...,x7,u1,u2,u3)
xdot2 = f(x1,x2,...,x7,u1,u2,u3)
xdot7 = f(--)

u1,u2 ,u3 are unknowns and must be calculated such that performance
Index be maximizied

PI = integral of function of ( x1,x2,...,x7,u1,u2,u3) dt

as you all know x1,x2,..,x7 are calculated from 0de solver, but the
result is a numerical approximation to the function not continuous
form ,

so how I cam calculate the PI Performance Index

thanks
0
Reply mostafa.a.khalik (7) 4/10/2006 3:38:06 PM

See related articles to this posting

Performance: BITMAP index vs. Non-Bitmap Index
Hi, in the explain plan of an sql-statement I have the following part: BITMAP CONVERSION TO ROWIDS and then a Bitmap-Index is used. Now, I deleted the Bitmap-Option from this index and the sql-statements are performing much better. They only need 20% of the time, when using a Bitmaped index. What could be the reason for this? The conversion? Thanks for your help, Anton antonberg1@gmx.de wrote: > Hi, > > in the explain plan of an sql-statement I have the following part: > BITMAP CONVERSION TO ROWIDS > and then a Bitmap-Index is used. > > Now, I...

Indexed calculations
Hi all, I'm having a problem that an indexed calculation field which references a custom function is not updated when one of it's parameter fields is changed? Anyone care to pass on a workaround or help me figure out why this is happening? Thanks for any help, Denis Denis wrote: > Hi all, > I'm having a problem that an indexed calculation field which > references a custom function is not updated when one of it's parameter > fields is changed? Anyone care to pass on a workaround or help me > figure out why this is happening? > > Thanks for any help, &...

Calculating Pi
Does anyone have code that can calculate pi to an arbitrary precision? This is purely an academic endeavour. Actually that's a lie. This is just so that I can show others up. On 1 Apr, 18:07, "Braedley" <mike.braed...@gmail.com> wrote: > Does anyone have code that can calculate pi to an arbitrary > precision? This is purely an academic endeavour. > > Actually that's a lie. This is just so that I can show others up. Hi, I remembered that there was a Monte Carlo mehtod to do this and the following came up after a quick search. This is probably not ver...

how to calculate pi
actually im new in mathlab....i get an assignment to calculate pi from infinite series.. from the the question its probably using loop but i dunno how to make a repetition for the formula in mathlab for n=1:100 for x=4 pi=(x/n)+(x/(n+2))-(x/(n+2))+(x/(n+2)) display ('loop no: ') end "atiqa eiqa" <atiqa_eiqa@yahoo.com.my> wrote in message <gr4dvl$4gq$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > actually im new in mathlab....i get an assignment to calculate pi from infinite series.. > from the the question its probably using loop > > but i dunno how to ma...

pi calculation
Ok here we go. I downloaded a pre compiled version of The GNU Multiple Precision Arithmetic Library. Now I have created a program with it, that I think should work. I have gotten it down to one error. But being a noob, I have no idea what it means. Here it is. Error E2277 main2.cpp 33: Lvalue required in function picalc(int) Here is my sourcecode. #include <iostream> #include <gmp.h> #include <stdio.h> using namespace std; void picalc (int a) { char pistring[100]; mpf_t x, y; mpf_init (x); mpf_init (y); double piresult; int counter; unsigned long int f; long int e...

Index Performance
I have the following table with indexes CREATE TABLE dbo.Scratch ( ItemID int IDENTITY (1, 1) NOT NULL , Login varchar (12) NOT NULL , StartDate datetime NULL , PayDate datetime NULL , LastDisconnect datetime NULL ) GO CREATE INDEX idxPayDate ON dbo.Scratch(PayDate) GO CREATE INDEX idxStartDate ON dbo.Scratch(StartDate) GO The index distribution stats show a very poor average row hits (whatever that means) for these two indexes e.g for idxPaydate its 61160 (11.89% very poor ) and there are many nulls in the distribution steps. Also I have many queries with conditions like (...

calculate index
Hello everyone.. i have list of index L123456M01S01.RJM L123456M01S02.RJM L123456M01S03.RJM L123456M01S04.RJM L123456M01S05.RJM L123456M01S06.RJM L123456M01S07.RJM L123456M01S08.RJM L123456M01S09.RJM may i know how to use tcl to calculate how many of this index?? On Feb 16, 4:27=A0pm, muhammaddzulkarn...@gmail.com wrote: > Hello everyone.. > > i have list ofindex > L123456M01S01.RJM L123456M01S02.RJM L123456M01S03.RJM > L123456M01S04.RJM L123456M01S05.RJM L123456M01S06.RJM > L123456M01S07.RJM L123456M01S08.RJM L123456M01S09.RJM > > may i know how to use tcl tocalcul...

Select performance issue vs local index and global index
Hi, We do have a performance problem with a simple select running against as simple table. The table is physically partition on a daily basis base on a date in the table. We do have 365 physical partitions (each partition contain millions of rows). The table contain 1 year of data. We are running under db2 9.7.8. We do have a single global index on person_no column in this table. The select look like this : select ... from person where person_no = 3345; Every time, we run the select with a specific person_no, we always get less than 100 records return. When we run the selec...

calculating PI
Following on from something we discussed a few days ago, does anyone know an efficient way to calculate an approximation to PI, starting with integers and the operations addition, subtraction, multiplication and division? The only way I know uses the series: PI = 4/1 - 4/3 + 4/5 - 4/7 + 4/9.... The terms have alternating signs, and the denominators are the ascending sequence of odd numbers. There is no end to the series, of course, so it can never calculate PI exactly, but it will eventually get it to any desired precision. It's easy to code it into a li...

Oracle 8.1.7 - Performance
Hi All, I have a table (Table1) with around 250 million records in Oracle 8.1.7., of which 2 columns (column1 and column2) based on values : A, B, C, D & W, X, Y, Z respectively. Can someone please clarify my doubts : 1. I have 3 scenarios for column1. Creating a Partition alone (or) Partition-ed index (or) Non-Partitioned Index on column1 : a. how will the data be accessed for the above 3 scenarios b. which is better with respect to performance 2. I am planning to create a complex partition on column1 and column2, since the queries on table1 is based on column1 and column2 : a....

FIRST...add number in cell but cannot run when i set calculation in button calculate in action performe
import java.awt.*; import java.awt.Color; import java.awt.event.*; import javax.swing.*; import javax.swing.table.*; import javax.swing.border.*; import javax.swing.JComboBox; import java.text.DecimalFormat; import javax.swing.JTable; public class Details extends JFrame implements ActionListener { private JFrame f1, f2, f3; private JLabel lblTitle, lblName, lblIC, lblDsh1, lblDsh2, lblAddress, lblPostalCode, lblCity, lblTel, lblHome, lblHP, lblOffice, lblFax, lblEmail; private JLabel lblReference, lblDate, lblCashier, lblSalesman, lblTotal; private JTextField txtName...

Index merge is not performed
Hi, I have a simple table: CREATE TABLE `cache_articles` ( cache_article_id int(10) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment, de_waregroup_1 varchar(60) NOT NULL, de_waregroup_2 varchar(60) NOT NULL, de_waregroup_3 varchar(60) NOT NULL, de_waregroup_4 varchar(60) NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY (cache_article_id), KEY de_waregroup_1 (de_waregroup_1), KEY de_waregroup_2 (de_waregroup_2), KEY de_waregroup_3 (de_waregroup_3), KEY de_waregroup_4 (de_waregroup_4), ) ENGINE=3DMyISAM; and a simple query: EXPLAIN SELECT * FROM `cache_articles` WHERE de_waregroup_1 =3D '' AND de_waregrou...

Performing a Substring Calculation
I hope I'm in the right group for this. I'm using Google's Picasa program to create formatted webpages of my images. Picasa acts on html and tpl files as it creates the final html pages. I have found one variable that I would like to chop. The variable is referred to as <%itemName%>. I think the operation that I would like to perform is "substring(<%itemName%>, 1, 8)." Is it okay to include an operation like this in one of the html files that gets "included?" How do I get the substring operation to be executed by the program that is assemblying ...

Perform calculations in a pdf ?
Hi, is there a way to have some fields to fill in in a pdf file and have calculations made using their contents ? Project is we have a pdf file used a reference for management. Some operations we use need user input to perform calculations in order to get a parameter back orienting management. How can I have for example on a page say two empty fields, have the user fill them in, and when done click a "Calculate" button to show teh result in a third field. Is this possible or should I turn away from pdf ( that I mostlly use because not modifiable by users) and use html ( but forma...

Storage Performance Calculator
I saw some screenshots of a tool called:" IO RAID Calculator" It looks like a Excel spreadsheet. When applying a Raid Level, no of disks, IOPS per disk, Read% it results with graphs and some I/O calculations. Do You know this tool ? Is it free? Regards ...

how to calculate value of pi
Hi, I'm pretty new to the programming world. I got stuck in the following problem. Please guide me about it. Well I'm trying to get the value of (128^100)^2 I've used long double type but to no avail. I even can't get the value of 2^128. How this problem can be solved? Similarly, I was trying to develoop a program in hich we can calculate the value of PI to our desired decimal point, but i got stuck in it. How these sort of problems can be solved in C? What tools C provides us to calculate such values? Thomas wrote: > Hi, I'm pretty new to the programming world. I got...

CRC calculation performance
Hello. Can anyone tell me how fast a TI C6202 can perform a CRC 16 calculation? How many cycles would it take it to calculate the CRC on 1KB? Thanks, Gilad. Based on a LUT or doing all the funky shifts and XOR's ? "Gilad Cohen" <gilad_coh@walla.co.il> wrote in message news:8f9a8978.0308100903.1e7a8064@posting.google.com... > Hello. > Can anyone tell me how fast a TI C6202 can perform a CRC 16 calculation? > How many cycles would it take it to calculate the CRC on 1KB? > > Thanks, > Gilad. "Gary Pace" <___@___.com> wrote in message new...

SQL performance on index?
We found an expensive SQL on our SAP R/3 system: SELECT "AUFPL" , "OBJNR" , "APLFL" FROM "AFVC" WHERE "MANDT" = :A0 AND "ARBID" IN ( :A1 , :A2 )# AUFPL is key for table AFVC. ARBID is defined as an index already. OBJNR & APLFL are not defined in any index. Field MANDY & ARBID are low-cardinality, but AUFPL is high-cardinality. If I create a new index which include all those fields (MANDT, ARBID, AUFPL, OBJNR, APLFL), will it improve the performance? B-Tree index or bitmap index is better? Or, any other g...

How to calculate the size of an index?
Dear all, To calculate the size of a table, I usually use num_rows * avg_row_len. But how to I calculate the size of an index? Do I use avg_data_blocks_per_key * distinct_key * db_block_size of the database? Please advice. Thank you. Best Regards, Jeffrey Yee > To calculate the size of a table, I usually use num_rows * > avg_row_len. But how to I calculate the size of an index? Do I use > avg_data_blocks_per_key * distinct_key * db_block_size of the > database? > > Please advice. Thank you. Imho, avg_row_len * num_rows gives you quite a meaningless figure if you want ...

Performance counter index
Hello everyone, How to get the performance counter index and name relationship? Is there a table? (like integer 180 for working set counter) I can not find from MSDN, http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa372648.aspx thanks in advance, George George2 wrote: > Hello everyone, > > > How to get the performance counter index and name relationship? Is > there a table? > What are you on about? Go away a troll elsewhere. -- Ian Collins. Ian Collins wrote: > George2 wrote: >> Hello everyone, >> >> >> How to get the performance counter in...

How to calculate the size of index?
I successfully create an "access.db" using DB_BTREE flag. According to my knowledge, the index is not stored separately from the data in Berkeley DB. My question is: Is there a way to compute only the size of B+-Tree index, exclusing the data? shen <verveshen@hotmail.com> wrote: > I successfully create an "access.db" using DB_BTREE flag. According to > my knowledge, the index is not stored separately from the data in > Berkeley DB. My question is: > Is there a way to compute only the size of B+-Tree index, exclusing > the data? I think...

index build performance
--0-1538923057-1176912216=:61849 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=windows-1252 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Back on that 1.1 billion row table again.=0AThanks to help from sources her= e, I was able to get the named pipes working to half the time for a load an= d unload for the table.=0ANow I'm concerned with building the indexes.=0A= =0AFrom sources here also, I am going to bounce the server and use the foll= owing onconfig guidelines.=0A=95BUFFERS 25% of available memory =0A=95SHMVI= RTSIZE 75% of available memory =0A=95CKPTINTVL 3000 (50 min) =0A=95LRU_MAX_= D...

Re: calculating PI
Thanks for the Power BASIC code. I'll try it when I get a chance. But I did manage to make a HUGE improvement to that little routine I posted yesterday. I realized that alternate results are too high and too low, so averaging some consecutive results should get a good answer quite quickly. So I changed the program to this: ' PI calculator DEFINT C, Z DEFLNG D DEFDBL P-S P = 0 Q = 0 R = 0 S = 0 D = 1 Z = 2 CLS PRINT "Press any key to stop" PRINT 4# * ATN(1) DO FOR C = 1 TO 500 S = R R = Q Q = P P = P + 1 / D Z ...

Performance and fragmented indexes
We are in the process of moving our application and supporting COTS components from Solaris 2.7/IDS 7.31.UC4 (good riddance) to IDS 9.40.UC4 with Redhat Enterprise Server 3.0 (hello old wine in new bottles). We finally have the opportunity to benchmark our Java servlet-based application (a rather plain vanilla OLTP information system) running on Tomcat 4/5 using different data distribution schemes with Informix. The databases themselves are tiny: most don't approach 1 GB, with the largest about 1.25 GB. Up until now we've used the brain-dead separate individual dbspace for...