plot 2 graph in one figure with same axis

Hallo my name is Dalle,

i'm really new to Matlab, and in my semester project i have to really use a load amount of Matlab so i really need to get used to it right now..
can someone tell me how to solve this:
1. i have a histogram in the first figure and response curve in another figure... the y-axis from the histogram is the same with the x-axis from the response curve... how do i plot both of them in one figure, with y-axis from the histogram and the x-axis from the respose curve being the same axis for the new figure?

2. i have plot a histogram from an image, but it only shows in 16-bit (65536 gray value), but i really like to show the histogram in 12-bit (4096 gray value).. is there any re-scale function in matlab for histogram?

thank you so much for your help in advance ;)

cheers!
Dalle
0
Dalle
4/26/2010 1:50:26 PM
comp.soft-sys.matlab 207230 articles. 1 followers. lunamoonmoon (258) is leader. Post Follow

Dalle
1. plot using bar() and plot() with "hold on" in between them.  Or
maybe you want plotyy() if they're both going to be line plots.

2.  Not exactly sure what you're saying but you can pass in the number
of bins into hist and imhist.  And you can also set the max along the
x axis using xlim().  One of those should do the trick for you.

0
ImageAnalyst
4/26/2010 11:22:31 PM
ImageAnalyst <imageanalyst@mailinator.com> wrote in message <df3666e2-6678-42cb-aa58-83b7921c288c@s41g2000vba.googlegroups.com>...
> Dalle
> 1. plot using bar() and plot() with "hold on" in between them.  Or
> maybe you want plotyy() if they're both going to be line plots.
>
> 2.  Not exactly sure what you're saying but you can pass in the number
> of bins into hist and imhist.  And you can also set the max along the
> x axis using xlim().  One of those should do the trick for you.

thank you so much ImageAnalyst, the first problem is solved :D
hmm but i still can't figure out with the second problem... i mean first i read an image with f = imread('....')
and then with imhist(f) i plot it's histogram
but the automatic histogram wiill produced 6x10^4 in this case 65536 value (16-bit) for the x-axis... i know that in Matlab we can store images just in 8-bit and 16-bit... but what i want is just to plot a histogram (from an 16-bit image) with 12-bit (4096 gray value) for the x-axis... i thought about dividing all of the matrix from the images with 16 coz 655536 / 16 = 4096, but when i plot the histogram for the new matrix, it doesn't matched with the previous histogram..
i hope i don't being a completely newbie about image processing :p
0
Dalle

Comp.Sys.Sun.Announce Moderation Policies [last modified: Fri Aug 15 14:51:42 1997] #2
The newsgroup comp.sys.sun.announce is for the posting of announcements that would be of interest to the entire world community of Sun users and potential users. The intent is that every Usenet reader in the world who is interested in Sun systems should be able to subscribe to comp.sys.sun.announce without being overwhelmed by volume. Postings should be primarily relevant to Sun systems or software. Content is restricted to announcements only. Discussions and questions are not appropriate material. If you are announcing a meeting or an event for an organization that is not well-k...

Re: OT: Lake Effect.... #2
Obvious early evidence of Global Warming!=20 -- Jim Alexander Longs Drug Stores Sr. Systems Programmer 925-210-6901 The opinions expressed are Mine and not Longs Drugs -----Original Message----- From: HP-3000 Systems Discussion [mailto:HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU] On Behalf Of J Dolliver Sent: Wednesday, February 14, 2007 10:39 AM To: HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU Subject: Re: [HP3000-L] OT: Lake Effect.... Way back in 1978 in Massachusetts we had a snow storm that the news casters were calling for a dusting to 3 inches. It was a Monday and all businesses were open. Starting at...

Re: Find Out Who Called Yesterday? #2
In article <telecom22.534.9@telecom-digest.org>, jdg@diogenes.sacramento.ca.us says: > [Lisa Minter note: I tried this and got a curious result. I tried > dialing my home number from my home number (just a single line; my > mother subscribes to Gage Telecom. After I called myself and the line > was found to be busy (or course) I then dialed *66 and after 20 or so > seconds, came the triple ring. When I lifted the receiver, a recorded > message from the other end said 'trying to reach the number you wanted > again ...' then silence for a few seconds...

Two Questions #2 #2
Hi, Firstly, I've just taken on a large project that looks like it's been designed by a 2 year old. It's absolutely jam packed with very large macros which invoke other large macros that use do/while, switch/case, token-pasting, gotos etc. which I'm finding very difficult to debug. Is there a piece of software/utility that will unravel/unroll/convert these ridiculous structures into inline functions, or is there a way to "force" the complier to single step through them in debug mode (visual c++ v6.0 on XP). Secondly, I trying to write some information out to a file ...

Searching a part-time job? #2
I am seeking cooperator, part-time job and gaining much profits. We are from China. And our business is internation trade by internet for many years. Our products is best selling in Europe. And Our products have Top quality. Now we are seeking cooperators in Europe. If you do this business, you will gain eur1000 to eur3000 per month. We provide products and pay shipping cost. It is easy, and you do it only by internet. This is a opporunity. Please contact me if you have any question, we can talking for detail. MSN: mini_liang@hotmail.com E-MAIL: mini_liang@163.com ...

programmer required #2
Hi, If this is off topic, then a) please forgive me and b) please let me know where I should be posting this. I am a Macromedia Flash web application developer. I have developed an online application that now requires some Java development. The general jist of it that I have developed a photo sharing site using Flash / ASP & SQL. To upload images, users currently have to use a standard HTML form. I am interested in using a custom built Java applet to manage this. We are using ASPupload, which we still want to use. So, the Java needs to allow users to select multiple files and ...

Re: Having trouble to compare negative number using %if #2
Test shows that these will work, outside the macro. You really should fix the macro "system". This quoting these expresions is macro 101. 38 %let x = %nrstr(-0.21%%); 39 %macro t; 40 %if &x= %then %put 'Null'; 41 %else 42 %put 'Not Null'; 43 %mend; 44 %t; 'Not Null' 45 46 %let x = %str(-0.21%%); 47 %macro t; 48 %if &x= %then %put 'Null'; 49 %else 50 %put 'Not Null'; 51 %mend; 52 %t; 'Not Null' 53 54 %let x = -0.21%; 55 %let x = %superq(x); 56 %macro t; 57 %if &x= %then %put &...

VO 2.7 External Sourcecode Editor
Hi, is it possible to use an external Sourcodeeditor with VO 2.7? If yes, how? TIA Stephan -- Stephan Frigge Stephan, This will only work for associated prg-files. Add this line into cavo27.cfg under tools: cavosced=C:\Program Files\JGsoft\EditPadPro\editpadpro.exe %1 (or a full path to another editor<g>) Erik "Stephan Frigge" <news@sfa-service.de> schreef in bericht news:Xns949B4C11372C7newssfaservice@127.0.0.1... > Hi, > > is it possible to use an external Sourcodeeditor with VO 2.7? > > If yes, how? > > TIA...

Re: bode plot program?
On Wed, 6 Sep 2006 20:41:58 +0200, Heiko Arnemann wrote: > http://www.hpcalc.org/hp49/math/misc/boderv8x1.zip > is working on HP 49G with ROM 2.09 > > it requires the "get it": > http://www.hpcalc.org/hp49/math/symbolic/neopv8x1.zip Installation went fine, but I have a problem. There's no picture. when I enter the data and say I want a BodePlot, when I click Draw, the grid appears but there's no function drawn, just the crosshair. help! On Thu, 7 Sep 2006 22:27:37 +0200, sNNooPY wrote: > On Wed, 6 Sep 2006 20:41:58 +0200, Heiko Arnemann wrote: > >...

help plot log[f[t]] vs a parameter using an ODE
I've solved the following equation for y[t]. eqn = y'[t] == a (y[t]/((y[t])^2 + b )) - c y[t] + d keqn = eqn /. {a -> 10 , d -> 0.1 , c -> 1 , b -> 10 } ksol = NDSolve[{keqn, y[0] == 0}, y, {t, 0, 200}] Plot[y[t] /. ksol, {t, 0, 200}, PlotRange -> All]; Now I would like to plot the log of y[t] while varying a over a range of values ( 0-40) How will I accomplish this? It seems like I would have to solve the DE while varying a a little at a time then take the log of it? At first I thought the following will do the trick, but it didn't. I was tr...

Plotting
Hi, I am trying to plot a series of randomly generated line segments. However for some weird reason the following code is not plotting all of them. For example, if I were to set the num variable to 3, it only shows either 1 or 2 lines. If i set it to 6, it only displays 4 lines... I'm lost!! If you need more parts of my code please let me know. Thanks. for i = 1:num if (i == 1) axis([0 film_length 0 film_length]); hold all; end X{i} = originX(i,1):0.1:endX(i,1); Y{i} = slope(i,1) * X{i} + intercept(i,1); p = plot(X{i},Y{i}); if (type...

Re: GSSAPI security for connection encryption #2
will Sequence protection (GSS_C_SEQUENCE_FLAG)cover replay protection (GSS_C_REPLAY_FLAG) as well or are there cases were I need both ? Thanks Markus On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 15:42 , Ken Raeburn <raeburn@MIT.EDU> sent: >On Aug 18, 2004, at 06:52, Markus Moeller wrote: >> If I want to secure a connection between a client and a server with >> gssapi. I >> have to cut the data into blocks to fit into the buffers used by >> gss_wrap and >> gss_unwrap. Is there any check that these blocks are send in the right >> order and >> not tampered with. A...

Re: How to use syncsort in sas in mainframe #2
Note that the intermediate SAS data set (the one which is to be input to the sorting step) can be a DATA step view. That will save a pass through the data and a bunch of disk space. On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 08:57:40 -0500, Michael Raithel <michaelraithel@WESTAT.COM> wrote: >Dear SAS-l-ers, > >Addanki posted the following: > >> I need to sort 130 million record file how can i sort on >> mainframe using sas? I know i can use syncsort seperately! >> with flat files... But will anybody suggest me how can i use >> syncsort in sas Thanks Addanki >> > &...

How to plot shaded relief image
Dear guys: How to use IDL to plot shaded relief image, just like http://denali.gsfc.nasa.gov/gridview/index.html? Thanks very much! Dave Dave writes: > How to use IDL to plot shaded relief image, just like > http://denali.gsfc.nasa.gov/gridview/index.html? Thanks very much! 1. Download the GRIDVIEW application. 2. Download a GRID. Otherwise, you could take your topographic data and drape another dataset over the top of it as a texture map: http://www.dfanning.com/ographics_tips/imgtex.html Cheers, David -- David Fanning, Ph.D. Fanning Software Consulting, Inc. Coy...

ANN: Anyplace Control 2.3 released
We are proud to announce the new 2.3 version of Anyplace Control program. This update is free, so registered users will receive it free of charge. The new release improves network performance and fixes some minor bugs. Anyplace Control is a remote control program that can display a screen of another computer (via internet or network) on your screen. The program allows you to use your mouse and keyboard to control the other PC remotely. It means that you can work on a remote computer, as if you were sitting in front of it, right from your current location. The program allows you to ...

earn money........... #2
earn money........... use the link to earn money from home first you register here........ ********************************************** http://advertisingz.50webs.com/ ********************************************** ...

Give plot in figure a position/dimension.
Hi, in an existing figure i want to plot. I experiment with subplot, but I cannot give a position for the plot. I know the Order subplot(1,1,1); subplot('Position',[3 3 100 20]); plot(f,MX); but it does not work :( he always takes the dimensions from 1,1,1 oder 2,1,2 or so... but not the position?? Please help me... In Advance Anis > in an existing figure i want to plot. > I experiment with subplot, but I cannot give > a position for the plot. > I know the Order > > subplot(1,1,1); > subplot('Position',[3 3 100 20]); > plot(f,MX); > > but i...

Save big on your software costs! #2
Incredible DEALS on SOFTWARE you NEED! Save 40% on Windows XP Professional! Save 40% on Microsoft Office 2003 Professional! Save $90 on Adobe Photoshop! Save 60% on Norton AntiVirus!! Save your company thousands of dollars when it needs software! That promotion just got closer... Click here!! http://teddychoice.biz/index.php?s=7555 Software packages you can save big on: Windows XP Professional Norton Antivirus 2004 Adobe Photoshop 7.0 Microsoft Office XP Professional Microsoft Office 2003 Professional Microsoft Money 2004 Microsoft 2000 Professional Adobe Photosh...

Re: Good news everyone!!! Steam Linux usage back up to 1.2%
On Saturday, November 1, 2014 10:28:56 AM UTC-6, Tattoo Vampire wrote: > Snot or Flatfarb wrote: > > > I wouldn't consider Linux a gaming platform. There are better choices to > > be made. Linux usage in general isn't very high at least for a desk top > > system. > > *Sniff* I smell a sock... ;-) You certainly can't be talking about this 'charles', who only came here for the screencasting advice but decided to stay and man the popcorn machine. ...

ruby-dev summary 26761-26861 #2
Hello all, This is a summary of ruby-dev mailing list. [ruby-dev:26802] about Ruby-GetText jhohi iug posted a request for ruby-gettext package (http://ponx.s5.xrea.com/hiki/ruby-gettext.html) as a standard library. Ruby-gnome2 GUI applications often use the library to provide l10n capability. Masao Mutoh, the maintainer of ruby-gettext and ruby-gnome2, followed the request and said that it is desirable for such GUI applications if Ruby distribution bundles the library. [ruby-dev:26828] remove "env.h" dependency, [ruby-dev:26838] remove env.h from pars...

Calculate the procurement cost of Web reporting tool #2
Generally, Web reporting tool accounts for about 10% of a software development project. In recent 2 years, it showed an increasing trend. According to my own projects, the cost of Web reporting tool can reach 20% at most. However, in calculations below, we still use 10% as a standard, and assume the cost of each man-month as $2,500. Take a $100,000 software development project for example, then the procurement cost of Web reporting tool is $10,000. As the cost of each man-month is $2,500, it needs 4 employees to accomplish the report. In a practical project, there are several ways to split th...

to get 3d plot
have a code for MVDR algorithm ,how to convert it into 3d plot. On Mar 18, 5:16=A0am, "ramya ramya" <ramya_...@yahoo.co.in> tersely wrote: > have a code for MVDR algorithm ,how to convert it into 3d plot. (As if I know what every acronym in the world is)...perhaps you might try scatter3() or surf(), or even better, a more complete post describing what you're trying to plot (what is the form of the data and what do you want it to look like). ...

Google the video "9/11 Missing Links". 9/11 was a Jew Job! #2 #2
COPY THIS MESSAGE FAST BECAUSE JEWS AND TRAITORS DELETE IT FAST! After Jews created Israel illegally, Israel became the main base of criminal operations for the most insane type of Jews called Zionists. Israeli Jews murdered JFK in 1963 because JFK did not allow them to have atomic bombs. Read the book "Final Judgment" by Michael Piper, available online in pdf, also google for video presentation by author. Since Americans let the Jews get away with JFK murder, just four years later in 1967, Israeli Jews murdered 34 servicemen of American Navy, and seriously wounded 174, whe...

Re: Parse error help needed... #2
Made the change and used returns in both places now .. Gives me error postgres=# \i a.sql psql:a.sql:10: ERROR: language "plpgsql" does not exist Any help is appreciated Thx Deep create function loadme() returns text as ' Declare s_out text ; Begin For i in 1..10000 loop insert into test values (i,''Test''); end loop; returns s_out; End; ' language 'plpgsql'; -----Original Message----- From: pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Alex Satrapa Sent: Monday...

I need serial (code) for tomeraider (pocket pc) 2.62
I need serial (code) for tomeraider (pocket pc) 2.62 Please help Greg ...