plotting vertical lines

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hi,
Maybe someone can help me.
I have a signal that i divide it by frames (have a matrix of frames) - now I want to plot the entire signal but at the limit of each frame I want to insert a vertical line, that will show the frames limits.

How could I insert those vertical lines in my plot?

Thanx
0
Reply John 1/7/2010 10:04:04 PM

See related articles to this posting

I've used the stem() function.  I think you could also use the line()
function.  Just supply the endpoints of the line.
0
Reply ImageAnalyst 1/7/2010 11:20:59 PM

Hi ImageAnalyst,

I don't understant how I can plot the line between the frames, with the function 'line'.
In my code I have a matrix of 56x441, which each row is a frame. I use the function 'reshape' to add all the frames and to plot the entire signals. But between each frame I want to insert the line that demostrate the limit of frame.

Could you explain yourself or if there's another way also great.

Thanxs
0
Reply jonathangarzon1 (15) 1/10/2010 11:47:02 AM

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Plot vertical lines on plots
Hi all, I wish to plot vertical lines at specific points so that they stand out. My plot call is as follows: plot( X, zeros(size(X)),'o', x, y, m, zeros(size(m)),'*'), axis tight; where x,y etc are my data and 'm' is what is computed. Is there a nice way that I can simply just plot vertical lines at the 'm' data points? Many thanks Use ylim to get the maximum extent in the y direction, and then use the line() function. ...

How do I plot a vertical line and label it on time series plot?
figure; fts1=fints(cellstrDatesDaily, dMyTimeSeries); h=plot(fts1); But how can I add a vertical line to the plot, and label it with a date(not a date number)? Thanks a lot! Luna Moon wrote: > figure; > > fts1=fints(cellstrDatesDaily, dMyTimeSeries); > > h=plot(fts1); > > But how can I add a vertical line to the plot, and label it with a > date(not a date number)? > > Thanks a lot! doc line doc datestr doc text -- On Feb 16, 8:29=A0pm, dpb <n...@non.net> wrote: > Luna Moon wrote: > > figure; > > > fts1=3Dfints(cellstrDatesDaily,...

plot a vertical line
Is there an easier way to plot a vertical line? I have: x = zeros(100,1) x(:,1)=5 y=1:100; y=y' plot(x,y) There's gotta be a better way... this is limited to the length of x. Basically, I have some time-based data plotted, and I want to place several vertical lines at various time points to indicate significant events in the main data curve. Maybe this can be done in plot/graph options? A custom grid of some sort? Thanks, -Kieran Try, figure; plot([0 0 NaN 1 1],[-1 1 NaN -1 1]); axis([-1 2 -2 2]); Does that help? KC wrote: > Is there an easier way to plot a vertical lin...

vertical lines in plot
In plotting the inverse image of the unit circle under the function B below, I get all kinds of vertical lines. They are obviously jump discontinuities, very likely caused by choices of branch cuts. I there any way of getting rid of the vertical lines without redefining the brunch cuts? I looked at the value of different solutions in sol4 close to a point of discontinuity and it looks like the order of the solutions is switched when t gets to that point. I am not sure if this is just a coincidence. I also tried ExclusionsStyle->Red but there don't seem to be any exclusio...

Vertical Lines on plots?
Is there any way to specify the location of a vertical line on a plot. In other words I am trying to denote a specific time on the plot and I would like to place a vertical line at that exact position. James Croxton wrote: > Is there any way to specify the location of a vertical line on a > plot. > > In other words I am trying to denote a specific time on the plot and > I would like to place a vertical line at that exact position. Search the MATLAB Central File Exchange for VLINE. http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/ Alternately, you could use the YLIM function and a cal...

Vertical Line on a Plot
Id like to add a vertical line showing the max of a graph (which is not hard), but under that line, ON THE X AXIS, id like a number showing the x value of that vertical line, who's position varies depending on the graph. Is there anyway to create that number that stays directly underneath the line, easily readible to the user without making a stationary text box somewhere else on the graph? Thanks! The_A_Man wrote: > > > Id like to add a vertical line showing the max of a graph (which is > not hard), but under that line, ON THE X AXIS, id like a number > showing the x value...

plot vertical line
how will we plot a sigle or multiple lines in XY grph btwn two plot already aquired&nbsp;. I hv tried thru inserting a 3rd array and then choosing bar plot lines option ,with this i hv tried fill to baseline optin . fill to bsln option work ok when it is selected as zero, inft,or -inft , but as soon as we choose a polt a fill replaces the lines &nbsp; 23.JPG: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/330719/1/23.JPG Did you try a search? <a href="http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&amp;thread.id=78899&amp;view=by_date_ascending&amp;page=1" targ...

how to plot vertical lines
Hello, I'd like to represent temperature measurement data of the last sun eclipse. It is a graph with a temperature curve, where I'd like to put in vertical lines at the times of the so called "first contact" (when the moon disk begins to cover the sun), "second contact" (when the moon is fully in), "third contact" (when the moon is getting out) and "fourth contact" (when the moons' disk leaves the sun). My data plotted fine, but I do not know how to plot the vertical lines. Do you have any idea? Best, Bernhard ...

how to plot a vertical line
hi, all, how can I plot a vertical line? for example x=5, starting from y=0 to y=10. thanks! workhardnorest wrote: > how can I plot a vertical line? for example x=5, starting from y=0 to > y=10. Any line segment, vertical or otherwise, can be plotted by giving its endpoints: plot([[5,0], [5,10]], view= [3..7, -1..11]); To be more mathematical, you can use a parameterization: plot([5, t, t= 0..10]); thanks a lot! thanks a lot! thanks! while these methods are working alone, they seem do not work in my problem: plots[odeplot](solution,[[t, 100 * s(t), line...

plot vertical line
how could i plot a single vertical line connecting points (x,y1) and (x,y2)? Thanx ndros <ndros@no_more_spam.gr> wrote: > how could i plot a single vertical line connecting points > (x,y1) and (x,y2)? Thanx In several ways, including plot '-' w l x y1 x y2 E and set arrow from x, y1 to x, y2 nohead plot (something) -- Hans-Bernhard Broeker (broeker@physik.rwth-aachen.de) Even if all the snow were burnt, ashes would remain. On 2004-12-02, Hans-Bernhard Broeker <broeker@physik.rwth-aachen.de> wrote: > > In several ways, i...

Add a Vertical Line to a Plot
How can I add a vertical line to a certain time index value within a plot? Say, at time.hour=6? Solargus writes: > How can I add a vertical line to a certain time index value within a > plot? Say, at time.hour=6? PlotS, [time.hour, time.hour], !Y.CRange Cheers, David -- David Fanning, Ph.D. Fanning Software Consulting, Inc. Coyote's Guide to IDL Programming: http://www.dfanning.com/ Sepore ma de ni thui. ("Perhaps thou speakest truth.") On Jul 22, 9:11=A0am, David Fanning <n...@dfanning.com> wrote: > Solargus writes: > > How c...

Plot vertical line over a graph
How can I plot a vertical line over a wave chart when I click over the graph? Thanks in advance! Look again in my post. I also asked for your LabVIEW version. This is important, because newer LabVIEW versions have much better tools&nbsp;to do things like that and the answer will strongly depend on the version. ;) On Apr 18, 3:10 pm, altenbach <x...@no.email> wrote: > Look again in my post. I also asked for your LabVIEW version. > This is important, because newer LabVIEW versions have much better tools&nbsp;to do things like that and the answer will strongly depend on th...

Adding a vertical line to a plot
Hello all, I have a normal 2d plot with a certain function on it, showing the frequencies in a wave (your normal Fourier transformation graph). I am going to indicate the max y-value along the plot, to pinpoint the strongest frequency. Ideally, a red vertical line intersecting that max point would be great, and thats not hard to do. Heres my problem: what I would like, is for the x value associated with that line to be displayed right below it on the x axis in red, so that it matches and is easy to see. How can I get a single string of text showing the x-value of the line onto (or near) the x...

how can i plot vertical line?
hello all, I have a matrix x which is [2,4,6,7], how can i plot 4 vertical line x=2,x=4,x=6 and x=7? Any idea? please help. Thank you! andy: <SNIP grid-lines... one of the many solutions x=[2,4,6,7]; plot(rand(10,3),'s-'); ylim=get(gca,'ylim'); line([x;x],ylim.',... 'linewidth',2,... 'color',[0,0,0]); us andy wrote: > > > hello all, > > I have a matrix x which is [2,4,6,7], how can i plot 4 vertical > line > x=2,x=4,x=6 and x=7? > > Any idea? please help. > > Thank you! Take...

how to plot a vertical line #2
hi, all, how can I plot a vertical line? for example x=5, starting from y=0 to y=10. thanks! ...

How create vertical line using Plot?
How can I create a vertical line using the Plot command? I can hack it using "y" = very big number times "x" but is there a more elegant way to do it? On Oct 24, 2:46 am, davef <davidfrick2...@yahoo.com> wrote: > How can I create a vertical line using the Plot command? > > I can hack it using "y" = very big number times "x" but is there a > more elegant way to do it? The best ways to plot vertical lines on your plots don't involve functions of "x", or the Plot command; for example, we can use the Epilog co...

How to plot a vertical line on XY Graph
I am trying to plot a vertical line on a XY Graph containing several unevenly sampled plots. I don't want to use a cursor. Has anyone run into this situation? Is there any way to do it using just one point (X)? Thanks Sure. On the plot that you want to have the vertical line, right click the plot legend and select Bar Plots (pick the style you want) and then Fill Base Line (pick the fill style). Thanks but I need to have a line from top to bottom That might work, thank you very much ...

Eliminating vertical lines in piecewise plot
Hi All, I am plotting a piecewise function. Mathematica is joining the step points with vertical lines. How can I get rid of these vertical lines which makes my plot ugly. I tried Exclusions option but did not help. To be more specific I have the following plot: Plot[Piecewise[{{1, First[Max[EBProfit1server1years1per, EBProfit2server1years1per] - CONProfit1per] > 0}}, 0], {x, 0, 2}, PlotStyle -> {{Black, Thickness[0.004]}}, AxesStyle -> Directive[Thick, 24, Bold], AxesOrigin -> {0, 0}, PlotPoints -> 10000, MaxRecursion -> 15, AspectRatio -> Automati...

add a vertical and horizontal line to a plot
Hi, I have a figure with 36 subplots (6 by 6), and I would like to divide the 36 subplot into four quardrants visually by adding a horizontal and vertical line. Your magic trick is greatly appreciated. Y On 6/8/2013 6:17 AM, Yan wrote: > Hi, > I have a figure with 36 subplots (6 by 6), and I would like to divide > the 36 subplot into four quardrants visually by adding a horizontal and > vertical line. > Your magic trick is greatly appreciated. > > Y >> for i=1:36,h(i)=subplot(6,6,i);end >> ha = axes('Position',[0 0 1 1],'Visible...

Plot several vertical lines in different colors
Hi, I want to plot vertical lines, given the matrix interv_plot (see code below), where the lines are endpoints of an interval. E.g. interv_plot(j,1,k) is the left point of the k-th interval at level j, while interv_plot(j,2,k) is the right endpoint. Now I found in the web how to generate vertical lines in a plot (don't know if this is optimal), generating imaginary numbers. What I'd like to have is to autamtically get assigned a different color to every level j, since J also varies, while the different intervals on the same level have the same color. Any ideas on this? Thanks Th...

plotting step functions without vertical lines
Is it possible to plot a step function in Matlab without the verical lines.....I tried plot(x,y,'b.') but the 'dots' are huge and it doesn't look right at all.....can it be done???? Thanks, S. Hi, I think you can simply use LINE to plot a stairs step function : help line <http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/ref/line.html> J�r�me >>>>>I think you can simply use LINE to plot a stairs step function : Yep. Thanks, I was flummuxed. S. ...

plot vertical line based on one integer
lets say I have already data on my axes... which are e.g. x=1:100 y=1:10 the hold on command is on and now in the end of the program I get an integer a=44 which command I should put to plot a simple vertical line in x-axis = 44 ??? thanks mates "Sofia Häggberg" <hd.int.assNOSPAM@gmail.com> wrote in message <id8ith$5an$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > lets say I have already data on my axes... which are e.g. x=1:100 y=1:10 > > the hold on command is on > > and now in the end of the program I get an integer a=44 > > which comman...

Framed plot provides an extra vertical line
Sometimes I have observed the Plot command produces a plot with an extra vertical line. An examples of what I mean is in the first graph below, which is a framed plot with specified ticks and grid lines for the x-axis. Note the extra vertical line running the height of the plot at x = 50. It is interesting to note that this vertical line is at the same location that Plot would automatically place the y-axis, as shown by the second plot, which is an unframed plot with default settings. Note that in this case, the frame ticks and grid spacing was chosen to correspond to a 24 hour cyc...