plotting vertical lines

Hi,
Maybe someone can help me.
I have a signal that i divide it by frames (have a matrix of frames) - now I want to plot the entire signal but at the limit of each frame I want to insert a vertical line, that will show the frames limits.

How could I insert those vertical lines in my plot?

Thanx
0
John
1/7/2010 10:04:04 PM
comp.soft-sys.matlab 207206 articles. 1 followers. lunamoonmoon (258) is leader. Post Follow

I've used the stem() function.  I think you could also use the line()
function.  Just supply the endpoints of the line.
0
ImageAnalyst
1/7/2010 11:20:59 PM
Hi ImageAnalyst,

I don't understant how I can plot the line between the frames, with the function 'line'.
In my code I have a matrix of 56x441, which each row is a frame. I use the function 'reshape' to add all the frames and to plot the entire signals. But between each frame I want to insert the line that demostrate the limit of frame.

Could you explain yourself or if there's another way also great.

Thanxs

help plot log[f[t]] vs a parameter using an ODE
I've solved the following equation for y[t]. eqn = y'[t] == a (y[t]/((y[t])^2 + b )) - c y[t] + d keqn = eqn /. {a -> 10 , d -> 0.1 , c -> 1 , b -> 10 } ksol = NDSolve[{keqn, y[0] == 0}, y, {t, 0, 200}] Plot[y[t] /. ksol, {t, 0, 200}, PlotRange -> All]; Now I would like to plot the log of y[t] while varying a over a range of values ( 0-40) How will I accomplish this? It seems like I would have to solve the DE while varying a a little at a time then take the log of it? At first I thought the following will do the trick, but it didn't. I was tr...

Partner Plus 206 module lines continuously ring.
Folks, We have a Partner Plus R3.1 system installed here. Last week, one of the 206 expansion cards stopped working. Lines 5&6, as well as the extensions attached to the 206 card worked intermittently, and would drop in the middle of calls. Accordingly, we purchased another expansion card (206E R3.1). Removed the old card, put in the new card. The extensions now work fine, however, lines 5&6 are not functioning correctly. Symptoms: When line 5 is plugged in, it will start ringing on all the extensions, when the line is picked up, it hangs up immediately. When the extens...

Re: bode plot program?
On Wed, 6 Sep 2006 20:41:58 +0200, Heiko Arnemann wrote: > http://www.hpcalc.org/hp49/math/misc/boderv8x1.zip > is working on HP 49G with ROM 2.09 > > it requires the "get it": > http://www.hpcalc.org/hp49/math/symbolic/neopv8x1.zip Installation went fine, but I have a problem. There's no picture. when I enter the data and say I want a BodePlot, when I click Draw, the grid appears but there's no function drawn, just the crosshair. help! On Thu, 7 Sep 2006 22:27:37 +0200, sNNooPY wrote: > On Wed, 6 Sep 2006 20:41:58 +0200, Heiko Arnemann wrote: > >...

Plotting
Hi, I am trying to plot a series of randomly generated line segments. However for some weird reason the following code is not plotting all of them. For example, if I were to set the num variable to 3, it only shows either 1 or 2 lines. If i set it to 6, it only displays 4 lines... I'm lost!! If you need more parts of my code please let me know. Thanks. for i = 1:num if (i == 1) axis([0 film_length 0 film_length]); hold all; end X{i} = originX(i,1):0.1:endX(i,1); Y{i} = slope(i,1) * X{i} + intercept(i,1); p = plot(X{i},Y{i}); if (type...

How to plot shaded relief image
Dear guys: How to use IDL to plot shaded relief image, just like http://denali.gsfc.nasa.gov/gridview/index.html? Thanks very much! Dave Dave writes: > How to use IDL to plot shaded relief image, just like > http://denali.gsfc.nasa.gov/gridview/index.html? Thanks very much! 1. Download the GRIDVIEW application. 2. Download a GRID. Otherwise, you could take your topographic data and drape another dataset over the top of it as a texture map: http://www.dfanning.com/ographics_tips/imgtex.html Cheers, David -- David Fanning, Ph.D. Fanning Software Consulting, Inc. Coy...

Give plot in figure a position/dimension.
Hi, in an existing figure i want to plot. I experiment with subplot, but I cannot give a position for the plot. I know the Order subplot(1,1,1); subplot('Position',[3 3 100 20]); plot(f,MX); but it does not work :( he always takes the dimensions from 1,1,1 oder 2,1,2 or so... but not the position?? Please help me... In Advance Anis > in an existing figure i want to plot. > I experiment with subplot, but I cannot give > a position for the plot. > I know the Order > > subplot(1,1,1); > subplot('Position',[3 3 100 20]); > plot(f,MX); > > but i...

to get 3d plot
have a code for MVDR algorithm ,how to convert it into 3d plot. On Mar 18, 5:16=A0am, "ramya ramya" <ramya_...@yahoo.co.in> tersely wrote: > have a code for MVDR algorithm ,how to convert it into 3d plot. (As if I know what every acronym in the world is)...perhaps you might try scatter3() or surf(), or even better, a more complete post describing what you're trying to plot (what is the form of the data and what do you want it to look like). ...

Density plot from multiple plots
Hi, I use plot(x_axis, OriginalData); hold all; for trial=1:1000 f = getData(...); plot(x_acis, f); end The different f-functions are all concentrated around "OriginalData" (more or less randomly with some variance). I want to plot now the "envelope" as well as a "density" plot, i.e. where most of the instances lie. I played around with creating a matrix and manually using a counter but that does not only take hours but it's also unreliable (needs to precicly know the dimensions) and the interpolation between the points is ...

2 Voice Lines in a Cat5 Env
Does the following work? I have two phones in room A. I run a cord from Phone 1 and Phone 2 into a 2 line/1 line splitter. I then plug the splitter into a RJ45 patch panel. Cat5 8 wire cables run from that patch panel to a patch panel in Room B. I plug another 2 line/1 line RJ45 splitter into the patch panel, then run normal phone cables from the splitter to two phone outlets. Yes, I know there are better ways to do this, but this seems cheap and I have the parts (making it very cheap.) [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: No reason it should not work. I use 2 line into 1 line splitte...

Bode plot from step response data
Hello all, I have step response data of my system and I want to get a bode diagram from this data. Is there any way to do this?? thanks, scorca "Scorca " <benny_scorca@yahoo.com> wrote in message <h6iu5i$gh2$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Hello all, > > I have step response data of my system and I want to get a bode diagram from this data. Is there any way to do this?? > > thanks, > > scorca > I did some research and found that fft could possibly do it but I'm not sure. Anyone knows more about fft?? Use System Identification Toolbox. ...

Probability scale plot
Hi, there, Is it possible to set the y axis of plot figure to probability scale? I need to plot some grain-size data, of which the y axis (accumulated percentage) should be in probability scale and the x axis (size) should be in linear scale. Thanks in advance. I don't understand exactly what you want. The built-in axis scales in MATLAB are linear and log. There's a "normplot" function in the Statistics Toolbox that creates a plot on which the y tick marks have labels between 0 and 1 and are spaced according to the quantiles of a normal distribution. If you just w...

Re: How to make large graphics object fit within a plot?
On 12/3/09 at 6:13 AM, nma@12000.org (Nasser M. Abbasi) wrote: >I am trying to add a disk at some location on top of an existing >plot. So I use Epilog to add the disk. >But it seems if the disk is larger than the plot image size, it gets >chopped off. I wanted the whole disk to show. >I tried increasing ImagePadding for the plot, and also ImageMargins, >but this did not help. >Here is what I tried >Plot[Sin[x], {x, 0, 10}, AspectRatio -> Automatic, >Epilog -> {Disk[{5, 0}, 2]}] >Show[Plot[Sin[x], {x, 0, 10}, AspectRatio -> Automat...

VB program to plot to pdf
I am trying to write a program in Visual Basic that will create a pdf of all dwg files in a folder. The API call "PlotToFile" works just fine if I create a dwf file, but does not work with pdf. It creates the pdf file, but it will not open in Adobe. I have tried two different shareware pdf writer software packages, cutePDF and deskPDF, and neither one work. Is what I am doing possible or am I doing something wrong. As a side note, I can manually create the pdf files with same pdf plotter I configured with the plotter manager. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...

__WORK FROM HOME on-line #3
Information: http://saturn.tradeodds.com//d/linkto_cbet.cgi?l=RU&w=MLT&n=22875&skin=BOMRU ...

Line plotting blues.....!!!
Greetings, I need to drawn a line that appears in different colors(the color is indicated by a number). Can we change the color of the line at a point??? Or does that change the color of the complete line?? For this reason i have create different line objects of different colors and plot them when that respective color is given as input. But the problem is... i plot three points with line a i plot three points with line b and again if i plot line a with the last value of line b, its connecting to the last value of line a. how do i overcome this problem?? Thanks in advance... SUD Ive com...

Line Count in Text File
Using Fopen() and Fread() reading one byte at a time and counting chr(13) I get 3,275. When I use HB_FUse() and HB_FLastRec(), I get 3,354. End of line is chr(13)+chr(10). Any idea what I am doing wrong? TIA. Dear Ted: On Thursday, June 5, 2014 10:45:19 AM UTC-7, Ted wrote: > Using Fopen() and Fread() reading one byte at > a time and counting chr(13) I get 3,275. When > I use HB_FUse() and HB_FLastRec(), I get 3,354. > End of line is chr(13)+chr(10). Any idea what > I am doing wrong? Since you do not provide a condensed, self-contained example, no way to know. W...

plot with different ranges
I want a fit function to be plotted only in a special range: plot [x=0:400] 'Data.txt' using 1:2, [x=100:400] f(x) however seems not to work. Is this somehow possible ? If not, then this could mean that I would have to use another tool, simply because I can not print a fitfuntion in the whole graph because that would mean that the fit is relevant in the whole plot which is not true. (gnuplot 4.1) Matthias -- www.matthiaspospiech.de Matthias Pospiech <matthiasPUNKTpospiech@gmx.de> writes: > I want a fit function to be plotted only in a special range: ...

railway line tracing #2
I want to apply lane dedection algorithm for roads to railways. At first i tried canny and hough methods to railway images but i can't take satisfactory results. I want to trace the railway at first and isolate it from the image. After that it will be easy to analyse whether it is straight line or not. Is there anyone that can help me how can i implement that in matlab. ...

Re: Derby Line VT and Stanstead Plain QC (was SP&M/NF...)
Pat wrote, in a comment about the posting from John R. Covert <nospam@covert.org> about calling between Derby Line VT and Stanstead Plain QC (was SP& M/NF...): > [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Why do you suppose between the USA > and Canadian government they could not have reached some agreement > to place the *entire town* on one side or the other and let it go > at that. What do they do about someone committing a crime in one > part of the library for example, then running and hiding in some > other part? Do police have to get extradition papers t...

Re: Selecting the right error for split-plot repeated measures
I'll pare this down to the statement: "I have tried proc mixed instead but I don't like the output it provides." Because PROC MIXED is ideal for a split plot analysis with covariates (and GLM most definitely is not, unless you make multiple runs), I wonder if maybe we couldn't generate the output you are looking for somehow. Could you say what you don't like? As far as what you have, it appears to be "correct" in the sense that the proper error terms are being used to test effects. I would expect separate p values for your dependent variables, as you have ...

surf plot boundaries
Hello, I'm using surf() to plot a 20x20 matrix. Surf() correctly shows a 20x20 grid in the resulting plot, but the lower X and Y bounds are 0. Since matlab arrays start with element index number '1' and not '0', the lower row/column are empty in the plot. Also, the last row/column of data is lost, even if I change in axis bounds (from 0:20 to 1:21). I know I can fix this error by padding the matrix with one row and column of zeros, but I assume I'm missing something here that would make it easier. Does anyone know how to address this issue? Am I making a mistak...

Process X values in Parametric plot
Hi all, its been a while... I am writing some ocean scripts to work out sensitivity of various specifications to design variables. What I would like to do is to process the X values so I can show them in % terms rather than the absolute value set for the design variable being changed. For example, say I am varying a width of a device, and plotting ac- gain. The normal result from the parametric simulation would be a graph of the width on the x axis against the ac-gain on the y axis. However, I want to show the % change from the mean value of the width on the x axis and the % change from the ...

Plotting #16
hallo i amworking with some plottings of heat transfer.(temperature and time).i have put break condition for temperature line at certin time limit.now i want to start from that breakpoint and want to put more data from that break point but with time increasing but temperature remain same as was at break point. can u suggest mesomething? thanks alot Adeel Adeel wrote: > hallo > i amworking with some plottings of heat transfer.(temperature and > time).i have put break condition for temperature line at certin time > limit.now i want to start from that breakpoint and want to put more ...

centering the image plot EXACTLY?
Whenever I plot something using PLOT, the figure is never exactly centered due to the numbers on the left hand side and on the bottom taking up a bit of space and thus displacing the image by that amount. How can I get the image to be EXACTLY centered? I don't need the number info or tick marks or border at all and just want an exactly centered image on the page, but even when I set AXIS to OFF the image is still not centered and acts as if the numbers were still there. ...

Deleteing blank lines in proc report
Hi there, I'm trying to put some lines in my html output, which is fine but i only want them created if my variable "bin" takes the values 0 or 1, can anyone give me any tips... my code looks somethng like this at the moment... " proc format; value string 0=Offline 1=Online; run; ods listing close; ods html file=&file style = pricingj; proc report data=temp2 nowd style(column)=[just=c font_size=2] split = '^'; title1 justify=l bold font=arial &affin New Business as at &today; title2 justify=l bold font=arial 'Partner Info';...