Possible to execute a Objective C or C/C++ Code through MATLAB?

I have a Objective C Code which performs a certain function. I would
like to run the code through MATLAB. If Objective C is not compatible
with MATLAB and C or C++ is, then the code could be converted to
C/C++.

I am not a C/C++ person, so please do let me know if MATLAB is
capable to handling this.

Thanks,
Nevine

If you can call if from regular C code you can use a mex file.
http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/matlab_external/f29502.html

Stuart
"Nevine Jacob" <nevinejacob1981@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have a Objective C Code which performs a certain function. I would
> like to run the code through MATLAB. If Objective C is not compatible
> with MATLAB and C or C++ is, then the code could be converted to
> C/C++.
>
> I am not a C/C++ person, so please do let me know if MATLAB is
> capable to handling this.
>
> Thanks,
> Nevine

0
stuartm (472)
10/10/2005 5:53:04 PM
Thanks Stuart. Now I can concentrate on how to go about doing this. I
shall go through the documentation and try them out. I am sure I will
get stuck somewhere as I am really new to this. I shall get back when
I get any doubt.

Thanks again,
Nevine

Stuart McGarrity wrote:

> If you can call if from regular C code you can use a mex file.
> <http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/matlab_external/f29502.html>
>
> Stuart
> "Nevine Jacob" <nevinejacob1981@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>I have a Objective C Code which performs a certain function. I
> would
>> like to run the code through MATLAB. If Objective C is not
> compatible
>> with MATLAB and C or C++ is, then the code could be converted
>> C/C++.
>>
>> I am not a C/C++ person, so please do let me know if MATLAB is
>> capable to handling this.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Nevine

Regarding calling C functions from MATLAB:
Do I need the "MATLAB Compiler" for executing C code? (I dont have
access to matlab right now as i forgot my cd at home). In case I do
need the compiler, is it available for students?

Thanks,
Nevine

Nevine Jacob wrote:

> Thanks Stuart. Now I can concentrate on how to go about doing this.
> shall go through the documentation and try them out. I am sure I
> will
> get stuck somewhere as I am really new to this. I shall get back
> when
> I get any doubt.
>
> Thanks again,
> Nevine
>
> Stuart McGarrity wrote:
>>

>> If you can call if from regular C code you can use a mex file.
>> <http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/matlab_external/f29502.html>
>>
>> Stuart
>> "Nevine Jacob" <nevinejacob1981@hotmail.com> wrote in
> message
>>>I have a Objective C Code which performs a certain function.
>> would
>>> like to run the code through MATLAB. If Objective C is not
>> compatible
>>> with MATLAB and C or C++ is, then the code could be
converted
>>> C/C++.
>>>
>>> I am not a C/C++ person, so please do let me know if MATLAB
> is
>>> capable to handling this.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Nevine

I think I've found the answer. thanks.

C/C++ in matlab and matlab in C/C++ ?
Is it possible to read C/C++ code in matlab and the other way around too? Hi, as long as C or C++ are written in text files you can edit them in the matlab editor. To see the special character of C or C++ coding language, in the editor go to menus: file>preferences>Edito/Debugger>language and on popup "Language" select "C/C++". This does not allow you to run the C/C++ code, just to view it i nicer way... regards, chris saneman <asdfsdf@asd.com> wrote in message <frl846 $f8i$2@news.net.uni-c.dk>... > Is it possible to read C/C...

methods to call matlab in C C++ and call C C++ in matlab
Hi, I am reading the help documents about how to program matlab and C C++ together and my questions are a little bit general. It seems that are several ways to call matlab in C C++ and another several ways to call C C++ in matlab. Please correct me if I am wrong or missing something when I try to list them. To call matlab code in C C++, are there two methods available? The first one is Matlab engine and the second one is to use MATLAB Compiler mcc to create C or C++ shared libraries from your MATLAB code. To call C C++ in matlab, are there also two methods? The first one is to call funct...

C/C++ in MATALB or MATLAB in C/C++?
Hi I've been asking on the net how to use MEX properly so that I can use C/C++ in MATLAB, but information is not forthcoming. There seems to be a lot on using MATLAB in C/C++ but not the other way around. I understand Mathworks is trying very hard to sell the Matlab Compiler, but even so, why is it SO hard to get information about MEX? Or is it that I've missed something very fundamental, meaning that I'm struggling over something that is actually quite easy? Any thoughts and info would be great. Thanks BullDog BullDog wrote: > Hi > > I've been asking on the net ...

C, C++, C# and MATLAB Expert
Hello all, Hope you are good. I am a expert in C and MATLAB, Feel free to contact me with your queries: onlinerapidhelp@gmail.com and join the group: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/onlinerapidhelp Special Discount to first 50 Clients. I am waiting to see you, Client satisfaction is my first priority and I'll never let you down. Regards Engineer MAK ...

Create (Matlab) object inside C/C++ and pass it to Matlab
I'm trying to create an object inside C++ and then pass it to Matlab via en= gPutVariable. It seems I can create a struct // Create a float array mxArray *acq_data =3D mxCreateNumericMatrix(0, 0, mxSINGLE_CLASS); float *data =3D (float *)mxCalloc(M*N, sizeof(float)); mxSetData(acq_data, data); mxSetM(acq_data, M); mxSetN(acq_data, N); // Convert to struct const char *fieldname =3D "data"; mxArray *acq_struct =3D mxCreateStructMatrix(1,1,1, &fieldname); mxSetField(acq_struct,i,"data",acq_data); // Convert to class ?? Does it work? if (j=3D=3D1...

calling Matlab code from C/C++ code
Hi, I am learning to call Matlab code from C/C++ code. Here are my questions (1)are using Matlab engine and converting Matlab code into a C or C++ shared library the only two ways? (2) what's the difference between these two methods? Advantages and disadvantages? In what case use which method is better? Thanks and regards! On Mon, 03 Aug 2009 10:33:00 -0400, Tim <timlee126@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hi, > I am learning to call Matlab code from C/C++ code. Here are my > questions > > (1)are using Matlab engine and converting Matlab code into a C or C++ > shared library...

C/C++ to matlab
Hello, I have a code. I need to change that code for matlab. I am wandering if there is an article so I can read before start. Thank you "Ongun Palaoglu" <ongun@mac.com> wrote in message <hae0r2$erv$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Hello, I have a code. I need to change that code for matlab. I am wandering if there is an article so I can read before start. Thank you check matlab help and read mex file creation. its pretty simple to call c from matlab. "Maya " <priyaravi_22@yahoo.co.in> wrote in message <hae4mr$nf6$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > &qu...

Matlab to C/C++
Hello! I want to convert Matlab code to C or C++ (no problem). I use the command mcc -B cpplib:mfile mfile.m which creates the following files: 1) mfile.cpp 2) mfile.ctf 3) mfile.exports 4) mfile.h 5) mfile_mcc_component_data.c I suspect that it should also create at least one more file (.dll) but it doesn't... Also, when I type the command, the following message appears: Could not find the compiler "cl" on the DOS path. Use mbuild -setup to configure your environment properly. C:\PROGRAM FILES\MATLAB71\BIN\WIN32\\..\MEX.PL: Error: Unable to locate compiler. PS: I have Matlab 7...

C/C++ and MatLab
I am trying to call and debug matlab code via C/C++. i am able to run the engdemo.c program but I cannot stop the debugger in a test MatLab file to see if this can be done. I would like the C/C++ program to spawn the MatLab environment so that I may have access to all the MatLab debugging tools but be able to read any inputs from the C/C++ calling function and return any modifications to those values back to the C/C++ function as well. I am running MatLab 6.5.1.199709 v 13. Does MatLab 7 have any added capability that I would need to do this? Reginald Robertson wrote: > > > I am tr...

EngSim: All Matlab features and functions. 2 to 20 Times Faster than MATLAB. Use the same programming syntax as MATLAB, ANSI C/C++, /C++. Good Graphics.
ENGSIM is an Engineering Simulation & Graphics Library for Microsoft Visual C++. It has all Matlab features and functions. 2 to 20 Times Faster than MATLAB. Very Easy to program. Use the same programming syntax as MATLAB, ANSI C/C++. Graphics Support is Very Good. Support Negative Indexing for Array/Matrix, Complex Array and Complex Matrix. Support Fix-point/Floating-point Communications Engineering and Signal Processing Simulation. Support Statistical Analysis. Support User- Defined Classes. Support User-Graphics Development ...

jython and C-c C-c
How do I get C-c C-c to work with jython? I have the jpython command set to jython, and I can start the interpreter with C-C ! and then use C-c C-c, but this is rather frustrating. If I try to use C-c C-c without first starting the interpreter in another window I get wrong type argument: sequencep, jpython Thanks, Dave Cook ...

Better C/C++ Than C/C++?
I am looking for a good systems programming language that can be used instead of C/C++. My qualifications for the language are: * mature compiler(s) that produce native-code binaries (for Windows) * open source - preferable, but not 100% necessary Thanks, Kevin "Kevin Albrecht" <kevin@albrecht.net> writes: > I am looking for a good systems programming language > that can be used instead of C/C++. My qualifications > for the language are: > > * mature compiler(s) that produce native-code > binaries (for Windows) Ocaml, D, cyclone, Eiffel, Beta >...

vectorized computation in C++ such as those in Matlab (Matlab to C++)?
Dear all, Can C++/STL/Boost do the vectorized calculation as those in Matlab? For example, in the following code, what I really want to do is to send in a vector of u's. All other parameters such as t, l1, l2, l3, etc. are scalars... But u is a vector. Thus, t6 becomes a vector. t9 is an element-wise multiplication... The following code was actually converted from Matlab. If vectorized computation is not facilitated, then I have to call this function millions of times. But if vectorized computation is okay, then I can send in just a u vector with batch elements a time. I have man...

matlab beginner: calling matlab from C/C++
I'm relatively new to the world of Matlab. I want to call my matlab own code from a C/C++ program on a machine with matlab installed. Do I need to compile the matlab code using matlab compiler tool or the matlab engine is enough for this? Thanks a lot for your help On Nov 28, 10:03 am, "Paeo Campigotto" <campigo...@dit.unitn.it> wrote: > I'm relatively new to the world of Matlab. > I want to call my matlab own code from a C/C++ program on a > machine with matlab installed. > Do I need to compile the matlab code using matlab compiler > tool or the matla...

How to transfer matlab codes into visual c++ or c codes?
Hi, Folks I have written some matlab functions (Matlab 6.5), and I want to change them into visual c++ or c codes then create a visual c++ project to use the generated c++ or c codes.(visual c++ 6.0). Could anyone give me the full instructions on how to deal with it because I have met some unresolved external symbol problems when linking (use visual c++ 6.0). Have I missed to include some lib files? Thanks. Hi, Suppose you have an M-file mySquare.m: function y = mySquare(x) y = x*x ; You'll create a dll file by using the command: mcc -t -L C -W lib:mySquarelib -T link:lib mySquare.m...

Matlab face detection code to c/c++ code
hello guys... I am in urgent need of something which can change my MATLAb code to C or C++ code. I have to run this C, c++ code in Code composer studio and feed the program into DSP emulator EVDM642. Code composer studio does not support MATLAB... So, its important to convert the code into C or C++.. This is my semester project and I have to give the presentation on 18th november...or else I will be failed.. Please help me guys....Tell e something which changes MATLAb to C/C++. Thanx in advance. On 16 Nov., 05:42, "Tarun " <tarunsa...@gmail.com> wrote: > hello guys... >...

converting matlab code to c\c++
I tried the example in the site,creating a stand alone c file, (fractals.m) using the matlab project wizard and it gave me this warning: --------------------------------------------- This is the output from running MATLAB Add-in. Please close this window after viewing it. --------------MCC/MEX BEGIN--------------- mcc -k "Z:\DROWSINESS\PROJECT\TRY_C\fractals\mcc.mak" -/n -B sgl -A line:on -g libmmfile.mlib libmwsglm.mlib -vh "Z:\drowsiness\project\try_c\fractals.m" Compiler version: 3.0 Parsing file "z:\drowsiness\project\try_c\fractals.m" (Referenced from: "...

C and C++ codes turn to MATLAB
does anybodt know about that can we change c or c++ codes to matlab can we implement them On 15 Jul, 11:32, "ali " <rebelfi...@gmail.com> wrote: > does anybodt know about that can we change c or c++ codes to matlab can we implement them Check out MEX files in the External Interfaces documentation. Rune for example &#305; have c codes c files ten can &#305; turn this m file &#305; just wonder that it is so important not an answer to your question but you can create .exe file in C that process the required job and then call it from matlab. On Jul 15, 2:32=A0...

Converting MATLAB code to C/C++
Hi, I have written an algorithm for a robot in MATLAB and found that the algorithm works fine. The MATLAB code contains about 13 M files each with one function. I would like to convert it into C/C++ so that the code can make my robot function. I heard that its possible to convert MATLAB code to C/C++ automatically using a feature in MATLAB. I looked up online and found that the feature is available for MATLAB 6.5. I am currently using MATLAB 7.7.0.471 (R2008b) on a Linux (Ubuntu 8.04) system. It would be great if someone could point me to the help pages providing instructions on how to go ...

Transforming Matlab code to C or C++
Hi every body, I have a huge code written in Matlab. I need to transform it to C or C++. Do you know if Matlab or C has any feature that get the mfile and generate the code in C++? Thanks for your help in advance, Saeedeh The answer is no. The Matlab Compiler produce use to do this but currently in simply encrypts and wraps your m-files with the Matlab interpreter engine. This essentially allows you to deploy your Matlab solution. Alternatively, if you can craft your solution in Simulink, the Real Time Workshop purports to generate C-code for any number of targets. But if you are going to ...

coupling Matlab with C/C++ code
Dear All, In the framework of an optimization application, I would like to couple/link my Genetic Algorithm code (written in C/C++) with Matlab (in order to compute the objective function). Is it possible to couple Matlab with C/C++ ? What is the best way to do that ? Can I some exemples/online references, etc. Thanks in advance VK Vincent KELNER wrote: >..., I would like to > couple/link my Genetic Algorithm code (written in C/C++) with > Matlab (in > order to compute the objective function). You may write a mexfile, that calls your algorithms. See doc for "External In...

coverse a Matlab.mdl into C / C++ code and how to use this code
Hello help, I am a dutch student which want to integrate a simply matlab.mdl in a C++ program. But how do I do that? I have one in and output. In the model there will be added a constant to this input. So its just a simple example to learn how to integrate generated code into C or C++. I did the same by labview and there was a clearly guide for doing this. Building DLLs in LabVIEW 6.x or later: <http://zone.ni.com/devzone/conceptd.nsf/webmain/5df85b448eb081d8862568ff006a0b20> Calling a DLL from Microsoft Visual C++ that Was Generated by LabVIEW 6i: <http://zone.ni.com/devzone/de...

Math code generation in C/C++? Can Maple or Matlab symbolic do collecting the terms in C translation?
Here is what I want to compute: t22 := Re((1/2*(a^2+2*sigma2*(c+g*(ee+i*v)))^(1/2)*exp(.5*a*t)/ (1/2*(a^2+2*sigma2*(c+g*(ee+i*v)))^(1/2)*cosh(1/2*(a^2+2*sigma2*(c +g*(ee+i*v)))^(1/2)*t)+.5*a*sinh(1/2*(a^2+2*sigma2*(c+g*(ee +i*v)))^(1/2)*t)))^(2*a*xbar/sigma2)) Assuming all variables are real and positive... My objective is to translate the complex-valued function into real and imaginary parts because in our engineering programming, the numerical library IMSL doesnot have a complex-valued integrator. Of course I can do every calculation in complex domain using a complex-number class in C/C...

Conversion from MATLAB to C/C++ using MATLAB compiler
I am working on conversion of .m files to c/c++. I am using the MATLAB compiler version 3.0 and MATLAB version 6.5.1. There seem to be a few functions which do not seem to get converted. The error i got while using functions like TRAIN, NETWORK and INIT (all neural-networks related functions used in the general neural network programs, newpnn.m etc) is The MATLAB compiler does not currently support MATLAB object oriented programming and the functions TRAIN , NETWORK and INIT would produce a run-time error. Could anyone please tell me as to how i can circumnavigate this problem or solve this...

Web resources about - Possible to execute a Objective C or C/C++ Code through MATLAB? - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Welcome - Net Objectives Net Objectives - Scrum Agile Training & Agile Development - TDD, Agile Scrum ...
Deliver value to your customers faster. NetObjectives.com is the industry leader in agile scrum training, scrum methodology, lean agile training, ...

Multi-objective optimization - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Multi-objective optimization (also known as multi-objective programming , vector optimization , multicriteria optimization , multiattribute optimization ...

Facebook Power Editor Users Can Now Preview News Feed Ads; Objectives Updated
Facebook began testing the ability for Power Editor users to preview News Feed ads as early as last September, and the social network confirmed ...

Electing Gollum should not be our objective
If you give him power he claims he will fix America, but there is another tradition in America. A tradition that believes that power corrupts, ...

New Facebook ad objective: Local awareness
Small businesses wanting to target Facebook users closer to them have a new advertising objective : Local awareness. Facebook announced this ...

Objective-Cologne Conference
Objective-Cologne is an Objective-C & Cocoa community-organized conference taking place next month in Cologne Germany. Speakers include Mike ...

Net Objectives (@netobjectives) on Twitter

Net Objectives Business Driven Software Development - LinkedIn
The purpose of this group is to create a community of practice of people interested in using and learning more about Net Objectives&#39; Business ...

How-to articles for iPhone development and Objective-C
This question is protected to prevent "thanks!", "me too!", or spam answers by new users. To answer it, you must have earned at least 10 reputation ...

Best Decision - choice making analytics that helps you choose the best objective solution for any problem ...
Get Best Decision - choice making analytics that helps you choose the best objective solution for any problem, save time and money, decisions ...