Problem with Installation on Mac OS X 10.6.2

Hi!

Lately I tried to install Matlab from my dowloaded ISO (net-install or the like didn't work) and everytime the installation program starts to unpack the archives (after entering where the license.dat ist) I get following error message:

"There was an error extracting the archives for MATLAB.
This is usually caused by a lack of disk space, or a permissions error (there may be a pre-existing installation of MATLAB for a different user). Check that you have enough disk space and fix any permissions problems, then re-run the installer."

Well, there is enough disk space, as it's a brand new iMac and I also tried to repair the permissions.

I even downloaded the ISO a second time, but it still doesn't work.

Hints would be appreciated.
Thanks!
0
Dajan

"Dajan Mimic" <dajan.mimic@rwth-aachen.de> wrote in message
> Hi!
>
> Lately I tried to install Matlab from my dowloaded ISO (net-install or the
> like didn't work) and everytime the installation program starts to unpack
> the archives (after entering where the license.dat ist) I get following
> error message:
>
> "There was an error extracting the archives for MATLAB.
> This is usually caused by a lack of disk space, or a permissions error
> (there may be a pre-existing installation of MATLAB for a different user).
> Check that you have enough disk space and fix any permissions problems,
> then re-run the installer."
>
> Well, there is enough disk space, as it's a brand new iMac and I also
> tried to repair the permissions.
>
> I even downloaded the ISO a second time, but it still doesn't work.
>
> Hints would be appreciated.

It's possible the image that you downloaded was corrupted ... contact
Technical Support for help determining the cause of this error.

--
Steve Lord
slord@mathworks.com

0