problem with malab addin while doing morphological thinning on a binary image

hi guys,
i am using Matlab addin in VC++ 6 for my project.
I am doing morphological thinning using bwmorph function.
The function runs fine if i compile it in matlab, but gives an error
( unhandled exception ....kinda stuff ) when i run it in VC++.

the code is ........

function a = thinning()

img = imread('output.bmp','bmp');
img2 = im2bw(img,0.5);
img3 = bwmorph(img2,'thin',Inf);    %%%% this line gives the problem
imwrite(img3,'output_t.bmp','bmp');

And moreover if  i make an standalone application of only this .m
file then too the function runs fine, but gives error when i include
it in a project.

If i comment the line ( bwmorph ) then the rest of the part runs
fine ......

help me out guys ..
this is a part of my Image Processing course project.....
need help soon .

c ya soon
gfx

Converting images to binary images problem.....
I just need some helps here because I'm a new user for MATLAB 7.I don't know how to convert a decimal/greyscale images into binary form of images ( 1 or 0 ).I really need some guides as soon as possible.This is very important for me.Thank you for any guides and helps. Andres wrote: > I just need some helps here because I'm a new user for MATLAB 7.I > don't know how to convert a decimal/greyscale images into binary form > of images ( 1 or 0 ).I really need some guides as soon as > possible.This is very important for me.Thank you for any guides and > helps. >...

matlab command for converting binary image to color image
hi, anybody knows matlab command for converting binary image to color image ? I have searched in help, but i m unable to locate it. subramanya wrote: > > > hi, > anybody knows matlab command for converting binary image to color > image ? > > I have searched in help, but i m unable to locate it. In order to change current pixel color to another color for the whole image, create your own colormap. For example if the image is black and white (binary matrix), you can convert white pixels into red pixels by executing a code similar to the following: I = eye(100); imshow(I);...

Binary image thinning
What is the algorithm used to perform the binary image thinning: i.e. bwmorph(image,'thin','Inf') On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 04:36:23 -0400, at wrote: >What is the algorithm used to perform the binary image thinning: > >i.e. >bwmorph(image,'thin','Inf') hI Use type bwmorph.m and see the source code. Good luck -Ahmad Luigi <luigi.rosa@(at)tiscali.it> writes: > What is the algorithm used to perform the binary image thinning: > > i.e. > bwmorph(image,'thin','Inf') For thinning, bwmorph divides the image pixels into tw...

Thinning a binary image
Hi all! I have a binary image with coastlines as white pixels. The coast line is very "thick" and I would like to thinnen it to a minimum of pixels. The image matrix could look like this: 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 1 0 0 0 0 1 1 1 0 0 0 1 1 1 1 0 0 0 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 but should look like this: 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 1 1 0 0 0 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 I have already tried bwtraceboundary but that doesn't work. anyone has an idea? Volker K wrote: > Hi all! > > I have a binary image with coastlines as white pixels. The > coast line is very ...

matlab image problem
hello I want to know if there already has some basic image file like function which can generate a line in a grah,a disk, if so, please give me some samples, thank a lot Cheers, BO ...

Binary to image in Matlab
Dear All, I have 4000 x 3000 - 16-bit data stored as a binary file which I want to display as an image. How do I read this file into matlab and convert the binary file to image file (jpg,png,bmp - any format will do)? Bye, Satish Sat <satish.isro@gmail.com> wrote in message <6dcd0330-bfb5-4c99-b442-24ca90b39984@x1g2000prh.googlegroups.com>... > Dear All, > > I have 4000 x 3000 - 16-bit data stored as a binary file which I want > to display as an image. How do I read this file into matlab and > convert the binary file to image file (jpg,png,bmp - any format will ...

Binary Image to Indexed Image to RGB Image
How will we convert binary image to indexed image? And then the indexed image to RGB image in Matlab? ...

a problem about image reading in MATLAB
greeting all: Im a freshman to Matlab, so could any1 tell me if MATLAB could reads the colors on every pixel of a image and returns the values to a matrix? thanks in advance. In article <ef56fea.-1@webcrossing.raydaftYaTP>, pangzi <bbbbbh@hotmail.com> wrote: >Im a freshman to Matlab, so could any1 tell me if MATLAB could reads >the colors on every pixel of a image and returns the values to a >matrix? Yes. Matlab has three representations for images: "intensity", "indexed", and "truecolor". Intensity images are grayscale images: each matr...

Image display problem in MATLAB
Hi, I am trying to display a satellite image using MATLAB. I used imshow and imagesc. Both returned a washed out version of my original image. I have no trouble displaying any other image in MATLAB. And I have no trouble displaying my satellite image in Visual Basic. Any ideas? Thank you, Elaine try imshow(I, [ ]); % suppose that your image variable is I if it works, it means the dynamic range of your image is no longer within [0.0 1.0]. Usually, if you read your image using imread() and imshow() right after, you should not get any problem. Unless, you do some processing on that image a...

problem with reading an image into matlab
Hello All, I have a problem with reading a JPG file into Matlab: Basically, all I want to do is to add a JPG figure into my matlab figure. For this I am using the command: Image = imread(figure_file_in); But I get an error telling me the following: ??? Error using ==> rjpg8c JPEG images with CMYK colorspace are not currently supported. Error in ==> readjpg at 21 A = rjpg8c(filename); Error in ==> imread at 430 [X, map] = feval(fmt_s.read, filename, extraArgs{:}); Any ideas on how I can work around it? Thank you Does it work to open jpg file outside matlab and save it as another jpg format (rgb)? miki lo <myartsev@gmail.com> wrote in message <1405076251.120146.1287303078074.JavaMail.root@gallium.mathforum.org>... > Hello All, > I have a problem with reading a JPG file into Matlab: > Basically, all I want to do is to add a JPG figure into my matlab figure. For this I am using the command: > Image = imread(figure_file_in); > But I get an error telling me the following: > ??? Error using ==> rjpg8c > JPEG images with CMYK colorspace are not currently supported. > > Error in ==> readjpg at 21 > A = rjpg8c(filename); > > Error in ==> imread at 430 > [X, map] = feval(fmt_s.read, filename, extraArgs{:}); > > Any ideas on how I can work around it? > Thank you ...

Thinning image morphological operator
I had a question about the THIN function in IDL. I was under the impression that this operation was supposed to preserve connectivity. Am I mistaken? The IDL implementation does not seem to do so. The image linked below is output from a program I wrote. It simply takes the image on the left and applies the THIN function, yielding the image on the right. (Note the gap that forms toward the bottom.) http://twslankard.googlepages.com/fluke.jpg Is this a problem with my understanding of the thinning operation or is it a problem with the THIN function? Any assistance is greatly appreciated! Reg...

Problems with Thinning of Morphological Operation
I try to thin a binary edge map to get single-pixel-width edges. I use the Matlab's bwmorph(bw, 'thin') to implement this task. But there are two problems that is not desirable in resultant edge map: - The processed edge map by bwmorph(bw, 'thin') is not strictly single-pixel-width. But in my application, all edges should be composed of single pixel width strokes strictly. - After thinning, there are many tiny 'stings' composed of several pixel on the edge. I want to get rid of these 'stings' but keep the edges 'untouched', so any filtering operation is not preferred. Could somebody here give me some suggestions on these problems? Thank you very much. ...

MATLAB code and Binary Image database
I would like to inform you that I need a MATLAB source code to recognize different regular geometric shapes such as: squares,rectangles,triangles,circles and ellipses in different sizes using neural network. All of the images containing these shapes should be in binary format with the size of 300*400 pixels. Would you please give me a MATLAB code to detect these geometric shapes? Furthermore, I need a binary image database for 2D geometric shapes. Would you please, give me a link to download such a database? "Mohi" <mohi_rad2009@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1748148156.52...

The pixel value of thinning binary image.
Hello, When I have been applying my code to the thinning binary image, for chain of object, I found the value of pixel was changed. Though this input pixel is 0, it is not contour, it was altered during running code. Surely there is no action take this. I attempt to bug program, but it is puzzle. If anyone can tell me, please help. Thank you. ...

MATLAB Image processing toolbox problem
Hi, I'm using MATLAB 7.1.0.183 (R14) on Linux.I'm trying the histogram equalization using this code: Img7=imread('pollen.tif'); Img7=im2double(Img7); NormHist=imhist(Img7)/numel(Img7); Points=1:10:256; subplot(221) imshow(Img7); subplot(222) bar(Points,NormHist(Points)); HistEqualized=histeq(Img7); HistEqualizedNormHist=imhist(HistEqualized)/numel(HistEqualized); subplot(223) imshow('HistEqualized'); subplot(224) bar(Points,HistEqualizedNormHist(Points)); Pretty simple,but MATLAB gives this error: ??? Error using ==> imuitools/private/ imageDisplayParseInputs>ge...

Problem printing binary image files.
We have files of images in Epson graphics format, which we are trying to print to an Epson DFX-5000 dot matrix (either on the DS10's parallel port - LRA0:, or via the LPD print symbiont). When the files are smaller than 32K bytes, they print okay ... but when they are larger than 32K bytes it appears that some bytes go astray, and the printing of the image goes awry. The files are just a stream of bytes containing Epson print control and graphics commands, there are no line feeds or separate records, just a stream of say 40000 bytes. Extract of DIR/FULL showing relevant parts: File organiz...

matlab command for reading binary images
dear sir/madam, Do u know matlab command for reading binay images ? I have stored binary image in "skin2" variable. when I read as follows it is giving error: x=imread(skin2); plz help me ...

problem saving very large images in matlab
Hi, I experience problems saving large 3d images in matlab ( with radeon HD 7800 graphic card). I use Save-as from File menu. ( but also the line comand gives the same problem) All is fine up to a certain image size , when I try with larger images the image that I see on the sceren is not saved properly and only the axis are visible on the saved file. The gray level section of the image does not shows up in the file saved. Same behaviour with jpg, tif etc file extensions any idea ... or particular setting to avoid the problem ? thank you in advance for your attention Gianni This happens with IMWRITE? Can you give the full command that you used? "Gianni Schena" wrote in message <k2kn1b$nmg$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > > Hi, > > I experience problems saving large 3d images in matlab ( with radeon HD 7800 graphic card). > > I use Save-as from File menu. ( but also the line comand gives the same problem) > > All is fine up to a certain image size , when I try with larger images the image that I see on the sceren is not saved properly and only the axis are visible on the saved file. > The gray level section of the image does not shows up in the file saved. > > Same behaviour with jpg, tif etc file extensions > > any idea ... or particular setting to avoid the problem ? > > thank you in advance for your attention > Gianni ...

Problem in solving a problem by matlab.
Hello Everybody, I am having a problem in back propagation network. It is not a direct one to use sofwares like matlab for simulation. The problem is briefly described as follows. I want to specify the number of interconnections in the hidden layer or between the hidden layers. Can this possible using Matlab? Also I want to share the weights between two sets of hidden layers how to do that in Matlab? Please suggest me any other GUI softwares that can solve both the above problems or give me suggestions or atleast the posibility of doing this in Matlab(any...

help: problem reading binary files in matlab
Hi all, My aim is to read the contents of the binary file, (change the format ) and plot them. I had a problem in reading the binary files I am using. You can download the files at http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8IQQ6MOF These files are the geographical data which are obtained after running a model. the 1987 files are the original files which came with the model example while 2002 files are the one that I created. dimensions of the 2002 files is 89 x 121. this is what I have done: fid=fopen('filename', 'rb', 'ieee-le'); A = fread(fid); My " A "...

problems with montage function for displaying binary images
Hi, I have a series of binary images = bwVol (They are simulated ) size(bwVol)= MxNxP Type = Double M x N - dimension of each image P - indicates time points I want to display multiple images in same frame and looked at montage function. So I did the following bwWolRes = reshape(bwVol,MxNx1xP) montage(bwWolRes) This does display the images but there seems to be no "space" between consecutive images. In other words I cannot discern where one image ends and other starts. Plesae let me know what I am doing wrong. I am aware of subplot and subimage however montage seems to be much...

Binary image for HSV image
dear all, i'm trying to convert a colourful image into different binary images for each of its colour. how can i read a HSV image and determine how many level of hue exist in that image? then display it according to its binary images for each hue level. thanks of your help Deric Law wrote: > > > dear all, > > i'm trying to convert a colourful image into different binary > images > for each of its colour. > > how can i read a HSV image and determine how many level of hue > exist > in that image? > then display it according to its binary images for...

Problem with booting vxworks standalone binary image
Hello all, I am trying to boot a Vxworks standalone binary image from ROM without using a bootrom. The kernel comes up ok but reports 'Adding 0 symbols for standalone'. I checked the symTbl.c file and standTblSize has a reasonable value. I can't find out why or where standTblSize is being reset back to zero. Does the utility objcopyppc removes symbols when it makes a binary ? How can I retain symbols in binary images ? Thanks for your suggestions. -shru On Jun 15, 4:31 pm, "psgrshru...@gmail.com" <psgrshru...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello all, > I am trying t...

Please Help !!! Can anyone give me some ideas on how to convert binary/greyscale images into binary images ??????
I just need some helps here because I'm a new user for MATLAB 7.I don't know how to convert a decimal/greyscale images into binary form of images ( 1 or 0 ).I really need some guides as soon as possible.This is very important for me.Thank you for any guides and helps. Andres wrote: > > > I just need some helps here because I'm a new user for MATLAB 7.I > don't know how to convert a decimal/greyscale images into binary > form > of images ( 1 or 0 ).I really need some guides as soon as > possible.This is very important for me.Thank you for any guides and &g...

Web resources about - problem with malab addin while doing morphological thinning on a binary image - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Morphological skeleton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The variable n is called the size of the structuring element. Lantuéjoul's formula has been discretized as follows. For a discrete binary image ...

Martin Esteva's Morphological Experiments
Industrial design students and pros alike will appreciate Martin Esteva's form studies : Like his endlessly imaginative kindred spirit George ...

Morphological control of hybrid amphiphilic poly(N-isopropylacrylamide)/metal cyanide complexes
Morphological control of hybrid amphiphilic poly(N-isopropylacrylamide)/metal cyanide complexes Nature.com Article - ; Li , Q., Zhang, L., ...

First study to show that pesticides can induce morphological changes in vertebrate animals
(PhysOrg.com) The worlds most popular weed killer, Roundup, can cause amphibians to change shape, according to research published today in Ecological ...

Herbicide can induce morphological changes in vertebrate animals: Tadpoles change shape
The world's most popular weed killer, Roundup®, can cause amphibians to change shape, according to new research.

No Sense Of Scale Is Necessary In Morphological Film "New Nosthetics"
Eva Papamargariti's "New Nosthetics" takes the viewer on a surreal trip through what could be Dali's digitized psyche.

Wired Space Photo of the Day: Morphological Mars Mystery
This image covers many shallow irregular pits with raised rims, concentrated along ridges and other topographic features. How did these odd features ...

New basal bird from China reveals the morphological diversity in early birds
... and represents a new basal avialan lineage. This new discovery adds to our knowledge regarding the phylogenetic differentiation and morphological ...

Cryptic Variation in Morphological Evolution: HSP90 as a Capacitor for Loss of Eyes in Cavefish
To what extent does adaptation rely on de novo mutation, as opposed to preexisting variation? It has been proposed that heat shock protein 90 ...

Morphological Computation: The Hidden Superpower of Soft-Bodied Robots
... computation to solve it. Not surprisingly, many soft robots are inspired by nature. Researcher Helmut Hauser talks about his research in 'morphological ...