Problem with Maple Toolbox for MATLAB.

I installed the Maple Toolbox for MATLAB, I have both Maple 13 & MATLAB r2009b, so when I try to run the command syms I get this:

 syms x y
??? Error using ==> sym.sym at 164
Attempt to execute SCRIPT maplemex as a function:
/Applications/MATLAB_R2009b.app/toolbox/maple/maplemex.m

Error in ==> syms at 57
	    assignin('caller',varargin{i},sym(varargin{i}));

I don't know what the hell is happening I have been trying to do everything but nothing have worked. I am on Mac OS X 10.6.2. What is going on with this issue?

Thanks in advance.
0
Polar

Maple Toolbox for Matlab vs. Matlab Symbolic Toolbox?
What's the difference between Maple Toolbox for Matlab and Matlab Symbolic Math Toolbox? I saw Maplesoft website selling the former, and Mathworks selling the latter. Are they selling the same horse twice? In article <p9qdncFk5e7VVlHanZ2dnUVZ_jWdnZ2d@comcast.com>, Zeke Zeng <zzeng2@comcast.net> wrote: >What's the difference between Maple Toolbox for Matlab and Matlab Symbolic >Math Toolbox? >I saw Maplesoft website selling the former, and Mathworks selling the >latter. Are they selling the same horse twice? No, the Maple toolbox is m...

Problems with The Maple ToolBox for Matlab.
Hi, i have a problem... the Maple toolbox for Matlab doesn't function on my notebook. (Windows Vista Ultimate 32bit) I have the Matlab version 7.0.342 r2007b I have installed all the necessary (maple upgrade to 11.01 and 11.02, the toolbox upgrade etc...). But the error it is always the same: ------------------------------------------------ >> maple ans = '' >> -------------------------------------------------- Maple don't start... What does it mean? I have tried to unistall and reinstall matlab with and without the ma...

Problem with Maple toolbox for Matlab
when i run this code in Matlab : >syms x ??? Error using ==> sym.sym Invalid MEX-file 'C:\MATLAB701\toolbox\maple\maplemex.dll': The specified module could not be found. .. Error in ==> syms at 47 assignin('caller',varargin{1},sym(varargin{1})); I want to use Maple toolbox for Matlab. I've installed this toolbox, .... But i can't use this.Althought file maplemex.dl avalaible in the director. ????? ...

Maple's Matlab link messes up my Matlab symbolic toolbox, any cure?
Hi there, The Maple 11's Matlab link toolbox is not compatible with the Matlab(2007a) 's Symbolic toolbox at all. I previously had a code using Symbolic toolbox and it gave correct results, but now after upgrade it to Maple 11's Matlab link toolbox the results got completely wrong. I have a feeling that in order to speed up calculation, the Maple 11 Matlab link toolbox does not use a full internal precision as before. Thus it achieves speed up than the previous versions. However this cutting corner doesn't do a correct job for my problem, in which I have to use the ful...

On Maple toolbox for Matlab
I purchased Maple toolbox for Matlab. I assumed that I can run any maple command in Matlab, until I tried "seq". Is there any way to run [>seq(a[i],i=1..n); in Matlab using the maple toolbox? The manual sas that % maple('f',a,b,c); would run a ample command f(a,b,c). However, what are the a, b, c for "a[i],i=1..n"? That should be emailed to support@maplesoft.com Alec ...

Maple Toolbox for Matlab
How to do this : sin(x)*cos(y)+sin(y)*cos(x) = sin(x+y) ?. i used " simple" command but not done. i'm using MAPLE TOOLBOX FOR MATLAB V11.0, run this command in MATLAB window Thanks Huy wrote: > How to do this : sin(x)*cos(y)+sin(y)*cos(x) = sin(x+y) ?. > > i used " simple" command but not done. > i'm using MAPLE TOOLBOX FOR MATLAB V11.0, run this command in MATLAB window In Maple itself, it would be: > combine(sin(x)*cos(y)+sin(y)*cos(x),'trig'); sin(x + y) You will need to find the appropriate rewrite...

Maple Matlab toolbox
I have Matlab 2010a(64bit) and Maple 15(think 64bit, not sure). When I setup the matlab toolbox, it installs the 32 bit toolbox with maplemex.mex32 file. When I run the code, matlab searches for maplemex.mex64 bit file. Any idea how I can remedy this? I have Visual C++ 2008 Sp1 compiler setup on matlab. Thanks in advance. ...

vlfeat toolbox problem in matlab
when i try to run computeFeatures function give me this error [keypoints,descriptors] = computeFeatures(imdata) ??? Attempt to execute SCRIPT vl_imsmooth as a function: C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2011a\work\practical-image-classification\vlfeat\toolbox\imop\vl_imsmooth.m Error in ==> vl_phow at 136 ims = vl_imsmooth(im, sigma) ; Error in ==> computeFeatures at 14 [keypoints, descriptors] = vl_phow(im, 'step', 4, 'floatdescriptors', true) ; "amira ali" wrote in message <jbmqhk$2op$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > when i try to run computeFeatures function give me this error > > > [keypoints,descriptors] = computeFeatures(imdata) > ??? Attempt to execute SCRIPT vl_imsmooth as a function: > C:\Program > Files\MATLAB\R2011a\work\practical-image-classification\vlfeat\toolbox\imop\vl_imsmooth.m > > Error in ==> vl_phow at 136 > ims = vl_imsmooth(im, sigma) ; > > Error in ==> computeFeatures at 14 > [keypoints, descriptors] = vl_phow(im, 'step', 4, 'floatdescriptors', true) ; can anyone help me urgently? "amira ali" <amiraali2005@gmail.com> wrote in message news:jbn278$nsb$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com... > "amira ali" wrote in message <jbmqhk$2op$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... >> when i try to run computeFeatures function give me this error >> >> >> [keypoints,descriptors] = computeFeatures(imdata...

Matlab Database toolbox problems.
I am trying to load a very large database into matlab using the database toolbox. When I load it in using the visual Query Builder it is no problem. However when I try to do the same thing using code I recieve the following error message. ??? Java exception occurred: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space This occurs while using the fetch command. curs - fetch(curs);. I have been searching around and can find no reason why this should be the case. Thank you If you are on Windows, I would suggest trying to use ADO via the actxserver function to query your database. Gabriel Smith wrote:...

INface toolbox problem using Matlab
This problem is on the INface toolbox method. This is rather simple but I still cannot get it. I followed the instructions and stuff but I still have errors which I cannot remove. After running check_install, all the functions are supposed to be working properly. However, I still have 2 errors (listed below), which hindered my progress. Function "adaptive_nl_means_normalization" is NOT working properly. Function "nl_means_normalization" is NOT working properly. "Darras " <ronaldinho_darras9@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:jipjv7$s0q$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com... > This problem is on the INface toolbox method. This is rather simple but I > still cannot get it. I followed the instructions and stuff but I still > have errors which I cannot remove. > > After running check_install, all the functions are supposed to be working > properly. However, I still have 2 errors (listed below), which hindered my > progress. > > Function "adaptive_nl_means_normalization" is NOT working properly. > Function "nl_means_normalization" is NOT working properly. You're going to need to either contact the author of the toolbox for assistance: http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/26523 or provide a LOT more information about what exactly "is NOT working properly" means before anyone on the group would have enough knowledge to understand what's gone wrong and h...

Matlab Webserver and Database toolbox problems
Hi! Im trying to build an application using matlab webserver and the database toolbox. Both are working fine separetly but when i try to access my mySQL database using code in an m-file for the webserver i get the following error: MATLAB Application Error: Undefined command/function 'fetch' To me this looks like im lacking some path, but i was thinking the webserver is using the same "default" paths as matlab do when it starts up? Does anyone have a solution? Thank you in advance! ...

some problems of codes of MATLAB 7.0 working on MATLAB 6.5
I have used MATLAB for few hours.So I don't know the differences between version 6.5 and 7.0.I want to use some codes of MATLAB 7.0, but they doesn't work in MATLAB 6.5.How to change these codes so that they can work in matlab 6.5.Waiting for your help. Thank you . The codes are like this .I think changing the function findPI may work ,but I don'y know how % PIfun.m % Evaluate a function used to find the PI-line, using Kyle Champley's % method. % % Adam Wunderlich % last update: 5/18/06 function y = PIfun(r,R,h,gamma,x3,sb) temp = R - r*cos(gamma-sb); y = h*((pi - 2*atan(r*sin(gamma-sb)/temp))*(1 + (r^2 - R^2)/ (2*R*temp)) ... + sb) - x3; % find_PI_Line.m % % Find the the parametric interval corresponding to the unique PI-line % passing through the point x for a given helical pitch. % This code implements the method of Kyle Champley. % inputs: P = pitch (cm/turn), R = helix radius, delta_s = s stepsize, x % output: PI = [sb st] % % Adam Wunderlich % last update: 5/18/06 function [PI] = findPI(P,R,delta_s,x) h = P/(2*pi); r = sqrt(x(1)^2+x(2)^2); gamma = atan2(x(2),x(1)); options = optimset('TolX',h*delta_s/100,'FunValCheck','on'); [sb,fval,exitflag] = fzero(@(sb) PIfun(r,R,h,gamma,x(3),sb),... [(x(3)-h*pi)/h,x(3)/h],options); if exitflag ~=1, disp('Error: PI invalid'); end % note that beta=sb in Kyle's formula alphaX = atan(r*sin(gamma-sb)/(R - r*cos(gamma-sb))); st = sb + pi -...

F:\MATLAB\toolbox\matlab\timeseries\tsKeyPressFcn.m (Access is denied)
Have anyone come acros the above error when trying to install Matlab? ...

problems with code to convert ncs file in matlab under Matlab R14(2004)
Hello to everyone, Ill try to run Nlx2MatCSC ( a code from neuralynx than convert continuous file to matlab variables) in Matlab R14 (2004), and it doesn't work: When I type: >> [Timestamp, ChanNum, SampleFrequency, NumValSamples, Samples] = Nlx2MatCSC(Filename, [1 1 1 1 1], 0, 3, [0 4 9]); ??? Attempt to execute SCRIPT Nlx2MatCSC as a function. I heard that this code is running in Matlab 2007a and newer, but...what about this old version? Any help, Cheers ...

Recent soft computing papers and MATLAB Toolboxes
Dear Colleagues, I would like to call your kind attention to the updated website of the Soft Computing Research Group at the University of Veszprem (Hungary) http://www.fmt.vein.hu/softcomp/ You can download MATLAB Toolboxes: - Fuzzy Clustering MATLAB Toolbox - Genetic Programming MATLAB Toolbox - Interactive Evolutionary Strategy (EASy) MATLAB Toolbox - Constrained Fuzzy Model Identification for the FMID Toolbox independent MATLAB programs related to: - Data mining * Fuzzy clustering based time-series segmentation * Supervised Fuzzy Clustering for the Identification of Fuzzy Classifiers * Fuzzy Modeling with Multidimensional Membership Functions: Grey-Box Identification and Control Design * Compact TS-Fuzzy Models through Clustering and OLS plus FIS Model Reduction * Inconsistency Analysis of Labeled Data * Star plots - MATLAB files for Graphical Representation of trace elements of clinkers - Process control and monitoring * Feedback Linearizing Control Using Hybrid Neural Networks Identified by Sensitivity Approach * Incorporating Prior Knowledge in Cubic Spline Approximation - Application to the Identification of Reaction Kinetic Models * Identification and Control of Nonlinear Systems Using Fuzzy Hammerstein Models - A Simple Fuzzy Classifier based on manuscripts in PDF about - fuzzy model based process control and monitoring - fuzzy clustering and classification - incorpor...

how to install Genetic Algortihm Toolbox that comes with matlab r14 sp3 to matlab r14 sp1 ?
Hi, i need a brief explanation how i can install the GA Toolbox of r14 Sp3 version to r14 sp1 version, thnx in advance ...

Virtual reality toolbox Matlab
I'm using Virtual reality toolbox having 100 objects but at a time 5 object= s only takes action but I noticed that if only 1 object in .wrl file, it pr= ocessing good but when more than 1 its slows gradually less computation spe= ed. What is the solution of my scenario. Is dynamic Simulink VR-Sink can he= lp for me? What are the suggestions according to this problem? ...

database toolbox problem (matlab ->MS SQL)
Original data in Matlab 6,13 6,13 6,13 6,13 5,39 5,39 5,39 5,39 5,15 5,15 5,15 5,15 the sam data importet in MS SQL 6,130000114 6,130000114 6,130000114 6,130000114 5,389999866 5,389999866 5,389999866 5,389999866 5,150000095 5,150000095 5,150000095 5,150000095 Why the difference in precision? I performed no operation with the numbers, I used only the command: insert(conn,'zaklad1',sloupce,data) conn - database connection zaklad1 - name of the database sloupce - the cell array (=names of collums in database) data - a cell array with data In the SQL server i use t...

PROBLEM IN MATLAB!
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------020208050403030404070307 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, I am facing a strange problem with MATLAB. I have a function prolate_legendre_expansion.m which behaves as follows. If called at the MATLAB prompt, for example as >> [beta] = prolate_legendre_expansion (1,30) it works fine. However, if this function is called from within another test function (called test_prolate.m, which does nothing else except call the function above) as >> test_prolate it fails completely (returns NaN!). Can anyone tell me why this is happening? I have attached these two files. Here is my version info: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- MATLAB Version 7.0.4.365 (R14) Service Pack 2 MATLAB License Number: 162023 Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Version 5.1 (Build 2600: Service Pack 2) Java VM Version: Java 1.5.0 with Sun Microsystems Inc. Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- MATLAB Version 7.0.4 (R14SP2) Curve Fitting Toolbox Version 1.1.3 (R14SP2) Data Acquisition Toolbox Version 2.6 (R14SP2) EigTool Version 2.04 Filter Design Toolbox ...

From Maple into Matlab
Hi, usually I work with Matlab but sometimes I prefer to use Maple. Often I end up copying lists of coefficients from Maple into Matlab almost by hand which is not efficient. Here's an example: B:=n->1/2*(-1)^n*(2*n+1)/n*2^(2*n)*bernoulli(2*n)/factorial(2*n); Then I use c=seq(B(n),n=1..20); cc=evalf(c); Then I copy the numbers (using my Windows copy and paste features). Is there a more efficient way? Usually I have to make some corrections, that is 10^-10 into e-10, etc. Any suggestions? Sorry for asking, such an elemantary question, but I am happy to help with issues in Matlab, too. Best, Thomas In article <d7qjhe$bna$1@news.ox.ac.uk>, Thomas Schmelzer <thomas.???@balliol.ox.ac.uk> wrote: |>usually I work with Matlab but sometimes I prefer to use Maple. Often I end |>up copying lists of coefficients from Maple into Matlab almost by hand which |>is not efficient. |>Here's an example: |>B:=n->1/2*(-1)^n*(2*n+1)/n*2^(2*n)*bernoulli(2*n)/factorial(2*n); |>Then I use |>c=seq(B(n),n=1..20); |>cc=evalf(c); I hope you use := rather than =. |>Then I copy the numbers (using my Windows copy and paste features). Is there |>a more efficient way? |>Usually I have to make some corrections, that is 10^-10 into e-10, etc. |>Any suggestions? |>Sorry for asking, such an elemantary question, but I am happy to help with |>issues in Matlab, too. Try using Ex...

I have a problem with matlab
I'm universitary student, I need to risolve an exercice with matlab 5.0 student: bisection of function exp(x)-2 in [0,1] Please help me. Thanks in advenced. easy wrote: > I'm universitary student, I need to risolve an exercice with matlab > 5.0 student: > bisection of function exp(x)-2 in [0,1] > Please help me. > Thanks in advenced. If you post the code that you've started with and explain exactly where you're getting stuck, we may be able to help you. We don't want to rewrite the code that you've already written, after all. -- Steve Lord slord...

Problem with matlab
I have to find the period of a certain periodic waveform that is make up of data points of a matrix Y. This matrix has a total of 27881 rows and 7 columns. The 2nd column and the 4th column is the y axis data points and time data points respectively. The method i did was to do a loop to get the index that represents the max peak value. The problem is that i am umsure how to start another loop counter from the last index value that is achieved from the looping that i have used earllier. Here is the codes. Coz to get the period i decide to use the peak to peak approach Another way is how t...

Problem with MATLAB
Hi All: I am having a problem with the software MATLAB and was wondering if anybody out there on the L could help. Thanks and regards Kumar ********************************************************************* This message and any attachments are solely for the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, disclosure, copying, use or distribution of the information=20 included in this message is prohibited -- Please=20 immediately and permanently delete. On Sep 26, 12:04 pm, nagakumar.srid...@SPCORP.COM ("Sridhar, Nagakumar") wrote: > Hi All: > I am having a problem with the software MATLAB and was wondering > if anybody out there on the L could help. > You might try posting your question to comp.soft-sys.matlab. I would strongly recommend that you actually state your question instead of simply saying "I am having a problem" without any details. -- Paige Miller paige\dot\miller \at\ kodak\dot\com ...

Toolbox of Matlab
Hi guys, I am new. I wish to ask how to use the functions of the toolbox(may be symbolic math toolbox) in the matlab main code? Thanks so much. On 6/8/2013 8:39 AM, Xin wrote: > Hi guys, I am new. I wish to ask how to use the functions of the > toolbox(may be symbolic math toolbox) in the matlab main code? Thanks so > much. Once properly installed, there's no difference in calling routines in toolboxes as opposed to in the base distribution--you simply reference the function name. There will be documentation on the individual components/functions with the distribution/installation. If don't install locally, there's always the online documentation at the TMW website mathworks.com -- ...

Web resources about - Problem with Maple Toolbox for MATLAB. - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Puerto Rico Miss Universe Kristhielee Caride stripped of title over 'attitude problem'
Puerto Rico's 2016 Miss Universe contestant has been stripped of her crown after officials said she had an attitude problem.

Puerto Rico Miss Universe Kristhielee Caride stripped of title over 'attitude problem'
Puerto Rico's 2016 Miss Universe contestant has been stripped of her crown after officials said she had an attitude problem.

Things I Didn’t Know Were Problems
Pigeons and tawny crazy ants. Who knew? Here’s something that might be a problem: Would you be alarmed if your smallish freshwater fish tank ...

Casa de Oro residents fight problems in community - CBS News 8 - San Diego, CA News Station - KFMB Channel ...
Concerned residents in Casa de Oro continued their fight against illegal pot shops Thursday as they continue to see several pop up along Campo ...

Researchers Crack 50-Year-Old Nuclear Waste Problem
Researchers from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill have cracked a 50-year-old nuclear waste problem that will make nuclear storage ...

Alphabet plans analytics platform to help cities solve traffic problems
Sidewalks Labs, a unit of Google parent-company Alphabet, is teaming up with the U.S. Department of Transportation to build a data and analytics ...

Report: Obama Pushes Donors To Back Hillary Despite Authenticity Problems
Report: Obama Pushes Donors To Back Hillary Despite Authenticity Problems

Turkish public says refugees EU’s problem, does not care about deal
Many members of the public consider the ongoing refugee crisis to be a problem for the EU and do not give much importance to a deal between Ankara ...