problem with vtk java windows

hi everyone,

I'm having a problem with the vtk windows.

I use the code below to open vtk render windows (Win32OpenGL) to
visualize a 3d model create in matLab (release 13).
everytime I decide to close the window, matlab crash and close the
whole application.
can anyone look at the code, and tell me if there's somenthing I can
do?

thanks a lot, here is the code.

import vtk.*
panel=vtkPanel;
ren1=vtkRenderer;
renWin=vtkRenderWindow;
renWin.AddRenderer(ren1);
iren=vtkRenderWindowInteractor;
iren.SetRenderWindow(renWin);
cam1=ren1.GetActiveCamera;
cam1.SetEyeAngle(5)

iren.Initialize;

Problem with Java/MATLAB app on Windows
I have a tool that we use in-house that I wrote in Java that uses Matlab as a math and plotting engine. On the unix version of the software, I can have my Java application start a child MATLAB process and the program can interact with it via standard i/o as though one were using the MATLAB command line normally. Now I want to run the tool on Windows. This technique fails on Windows as the standard i/o doesn't appear to be used by MATLAB on that platform. So I switched approaches to calling Java methods directly within MATLAB, and using the Mathworks-provided callback interface to...

Calling matlab from java (windows), and running the java code not using the matlab JVM
Hello, I want to know if there is a way to call matlab from java (in windows), but not by calling the java code from matlab. I want to use a different JVM than the one matlab uses. In linux it is simple since I can use input/output redirection, is there a way to do this in windows (I have matlab 5.3, pretty old version). Thanks a lot, Nili. ...

matlab in JAVA or java in MATLAB?
Hi guys I am now experencing a great difficulty in the interation between java and matlab. I have an objective function written in JAVA with has method return an numerical number, i call it 'profit'. The nature of this obtive function (ObjFun.java) is that it takes an parameter input, say C, with different C value, the returned profit value is different. Eventually I want to find the optimized C value which produce the maximun profit (C will be under constrains). Initially I want to use linprog or fminsearch in matlab. So I tried the command in matlab that excutes my ObjFun.ja...

matlab in JAVA or java in MATLAB? #2
Hi guys I am now experencing a great difficulty in the interation between java and matlab. I have an objective function written in JAVA with has method return an numerical number, i call it 'profit'. The nature of this obtive function (ObjFun.java) is that it takes an parameter input, say C, with different C value, the returned profit value is different. Eventually I want to find the optimized C value which produce the maximun profit (C will be under constrains). Initially I want to use linprog or fminsearch in matlab. So I tried the command in matlab that excutes my ObjFun.ja...

Display problem in Matlab Figure windows on mac running matlab remotely
I am running matlab remotely using x11 and I am having trouble with the display in figure windows, such as with use of plot() command. The figure will appear with the correct information, but the color mapping seems to be off, and most often the window appears with a mix of purple and green colors instead of black and white. I am running a mac (10.4.11) where I connect remotely using x11 to a linux server where matlab 2007a is installed. I would appreciate any assistance. ...

Check Matlab Installation, Poosible java class path problem, java not enabled.
Dear Sir, I am new to Matlab soft.I had recently installed Matlab 6.0 on my Xp-Sp2, But i had been getting lot of problems since then. Here are the problems i had to face: 1>Destop Launch Failed. 2> Possible Java class path problem. The First prblm i mentioned was solved By solution nos: 1-1A2L7. But since then i had the 2nd problem i mentioned obove.However I do get the matlab commmand window, but i am unable to use matlab editor. Also using Version -java commmand give me " Java not enabled" Msg. I am having J2sdk1.4.05 version instaled but i am not able to use it with matlab...

Problems with Java from Matlab
Hi All! I wrote a couple of classes in Java. If I start the program from console, it works fine. The Main class is a descendant from JFrame. If I want to create the object in Matlab, I see an empty JFrame form - without contents (which is a descendent of JPanel) Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks Pascal -- snip -- public class Main extends JFrame { protected static ODView myODView; protected boolean mode3D; /** Creates a new instance of Main */ public Main() { super("Fenster"); setSize(300,300); setLocation(300,300); //se...

VTK - Java
Hi everyone! Despite there are very few threads related to this topic (VTK-Java-Matlab integration), it seems that someone is using VTK for demanding 3D renderings. So I decided to try it. I successfully compiled VTK (with Java wrapping) as a stand alone toolbox and I can run and interact with all the included examples, so I suppose that everything is in its place. But, when I try to use vtk in my Matlab scripts, it seems that something is going wrong: for example, when I run the usual Cone1 example, the rendering window is created, the cone spins, but then Matlab crashes. Probably the &quo...

problems with Java in Matlab
Hello Friends, I have Matlab R2008. Here-uin I am trying out some XML read/writes(xmlread specifically). FOr that I just pasted the code in the help files viz - xDoc = xmlread(fullfile(matlabroot, ... 'toolbox/matlab/general/info.xml')); xRoot = xDoc.getDocumentElement; Pls note that the windows I am using is the Korean version of Windows. But, I have sorted all path issues in the classpth.txt and librarypath.txt for the toolboxes and stuff. Now, when the above mentioned instructions were typed in the command window I get the following error - ??? Java exception oc...

java problems in matlab????
hi, i am not a new matlab user. recently matlab died on my computer (it wouldn't go past initializing on startup) and so after many attempts at startup sequence, virus detection etc. i finally un/ and reinstalled it. everything seems to work ok except the help browser seems to sporadically produce java errors reported in the command window: Failure in browser during Loading phase : Insufficient memory at ice.pilots.html4.Lex2.checkMemory(Lex2.java:308) at ice.dombase.LexBase.arraycopy(OEAB) at ice.dombase.LexBase.parse(OEAB) at ice.dombase.LexBase.parse(OEAB) at ice.pilots.html4....

Really really confused: Matlab's tricky window behavior on Linux, Windows 2000 and Window XP (was: why my matlab program on Linux and Windows XP behave so differently?)
"gino" <mizhael@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:cd5a6s$due$1@news.Stanford.EDU... > Hi folks, > > The matlab program is supposed to be cross platform compatible. Since matlab > uses Java, it should behave the same for the GUI to display on Windows XP > and Linux. But now, the GUI window was completely random showing on Linux > and on Windows XP. Manu UI control components are off their place. If I fix > this problem on Linux, the the UI controls will be off their place on > Windows; if I fix this problem on Windows, then the UI controls will be off >...

Get a result from Matlab to Java (Call Matlab from JAVA
Hi all, I am having trouble getting the return value from matlab to JAVA. I have tried Kamin Whitehouse 's code(matlabcontrol.java) and get working for eval and feval, but having trouble using blockingFeval function which returnts the value of matlab. The problem I am having is it returns some value valid only in matlab workspace and when I play around with the return value in matlab, it works fine but in Java program it is just junk data. I corresponded with Kamin and he thinks that jmi.jar has been changed since he developed the class. The matlab library now returns the handle of t...

Matlab and Java: problems with datatype
Hello everyone! I call Matlab from Java using the class MatlabControl written by Kamin Whitehouse. In my Java-Application I create a matrix and I want to call Matlab to compute the eigenvalues. At the moment I define the Java matrix as a two-dimensional double array: double[][]. Then I call the method "public void testBlockingFeval(final String Command, final Object[] args)" with "eig" as command and an object array containing my matrix. Matlab answers that "Function 'eig' is not defined for values of class 'cell'." How can I define a matrix in Ja...

windows sound problem with java
Hello, Just wondering if there is any way that java can manipulate the sound volume in windows, ive searched on the sun java forums and as of yet havent come up with anything helpful. Im writing a program for my mobile phone that will interact with another java prog on my computer through bluetooth, im gunna use it as a remote to turn up the volume, skip tracks, etc. on the computer. Any help appreciated! Thanks, Craig ...

Web resources about - problem with vtk java windows - comp.soft-sys.matlab

FSIN Chief says problems in La Loche, Sask. widespread across province
Chief Bobby Cameron says the serious challenges that La Loche, Sask. faces are very similar to many other indigenous communities across Saskatchewan. ...

Chinese wisdom for Middle East problems
Chinese wisdom for Middle East problems

LG admits G4 bootloop problem is a hardware fault, will repair affected devices
... a hardware defect and will repair affected devices. According to the numerous posts on various social platforms and YouTube, the bootloop problem ...

Problem
"The governments in Paris, London and Brussels have completely lost control, they are not able to maintain the rule of law and they are miserably ...

The #OscarsSoWhite Problem Is Only the Tip of the Iceberg
... to always be the good guy, the right thing and the correct answer. However, they can’t be my safe place today because today they’re the problem. ...

Russia says a growing problem in space could be enough to spark a war
... space junk grows so large that a single collision could set off a domino effect of increasingly more collisions. For Kessler, this is a problem ...

Problems in Flint, Detroit show rift over emergency managers
Budget expert was in charge of Flint's city government and Detroit schools at key points in recent turmoil, making him focal point of anger

Why Iran is a problem for oil market
An Iranian oil tanker set sail for South Korea last week, heralding a new period of uncertainty for world crude prices.

O’Malley Points Out Animals Don’t Have Employment Problems
'We're the only species on the planet without full employment'