Problems with calling a function from a MATLAB generated dll in c# with matrices as input arguments.

Sorry, there happend something with the subject of my last posting

Hi everyone

There is this wonderful solution of how to call a function from
MATLAB generated dll which I found on

 <http://www.mathworks.com/support/solutions/data/1-X1PFC.html>

It works fine.
My problem is now how to call a function (from a MATLAB generated
dll) which has a Matrix as In- and Output argument (and not a
scalar). Has anyone already experienced with that?
I googled a lot, but I could not find anything.

Thanks in Advance.

Michael

P.S. I am using MATLAB Compiler Version 4.0

methods to call matlab in C C++ and call C C++ in matlab
Hi, I am reading the help documents about how to program matlab and C C++ together and my questions are a little bit general. It seems that are several ways to call matlab in C C++ and another several ways to call C C++ in matlab. Please correct me if I am wrong or missing something when I try to list them. To call matlab code in C C++, are there two methods available? The first one is Matlab engine and the second one is to use MATLAB Compiler mcc to create C or C++ shared libraries from your MATLAB code. To call C C++ in matlab, are there also two methods? The first one is to call funct...

Problem for calling a Matlab generated C DLL with Labview
Hello everybody, I am not familiar with DLL and I need help for using a Matlab generated C-DLL with a Labview application. I have created a C-DLL from Matlab compiler version 4.8 and have deployed it on the host PC using MCRinstaller. So far so good. When I used the VI for calling the DLL, I have the choice between 6 functions: - Initialize - InitializeWithHandlers - PrintStackTrace - Terminate - mlf - mlx Do I have to use all of these functions? In a first attempt, I have created a sequential loop in Labview to run the function Initialize then the function mlf and finally the function T...

How to call matlab functions directly from C++ /without calling matlab engine
How to call matlab functions directly from C++ without calling matlab engine. as it is described in this tutorial: http://www.codeproject.com/samples/matlab_cpp.asp I have tried to do something similar in Visual Studio 2005 [Matlab 7, r14] #include <mclcppclass.h> .... mwArray A, B, C; A = magic(mwArray(5)); B = transpose(A); .... but it doesn't compile. I got following errors: error C3861: 'magic': identifier not found error C3861: 'transpose': identifier not found etc... I was looking for header files with declarations of this functions in matlab directory...

How to write a C wrapper dll to export Matlab dll functions so that LabVIEW Call Library Function Node can use it?
Hello LabView developers, &nbsp; I used LabVIEW to call Matlab m script to implement matlab MPC successfully. I wanted to use Matlab compiler to compile the matlab m script function into a c&nbsp;shared library&nbsp;.dll so that LabVIEW can call it without requiring Matlab installed on the PC. &nbsp; I used MatLab R2007b with matlab compiler. I was able to generate a C shared library dll set successfully using mcc command. &nbsp; However, from the header file, I see that the inputs and outputs of&nbsp;the function prototype&nbsp;are&nbsp;in mxArray. I need to change this data type to whatever that&nbsp;LabView Call&nbsp;Library Function Node can recognize. &nbsp; I have followed a few examples in the forum, but none of them went through. &nbsp; I use LabView 8.5. I have Microsoft Visual C++ Version 6 and Microsoft Visual Studio 2005. The compiler is in C++. Should I use a C compiler only to generate the C wrapper dll so that Labview can recognize it in the Call Library Function Node? &nbsp; If anybody has gone through this successfully, I would like to learn from you on how to do it. &nbsp; Thanks, &nbsp; Kimberly yw wrote: Hello LabView developers, &nbsp; I used LabVIEW to call Matlab m script to implement matlab MPC successfully. I wanted to use Matlab compiler to compile the matlab m script function into a c&nbsp;shared library&nbsp;.dll so that LabVIEW can call it without requiring Matlab installed ...

Problems in Calling Matlab Functions from C++
Here is my code and somehow C++ is failing to communicate with Matlab: Engine *engOpen(const char *startcmd); const char *stringA = "cd('D:/Waqar');"; int engEvalString(Engine *ep, char * (stringA)); const char *string = "D = importdata('InputMatrixA.txt', ' ');"; int engEvalString(Engine *ep, char * (string)); const char *string2 = "dlmwrite('m2.txt', D, 'delimiter', '\t', 'newline','pc');"; int engEvalString(Engine *ep, char * (string2)); ...

matlab beginner: calling matlab from C/C++
I'm relatively new to the world of Matlab. I want to call my matlab own code from a C/C++ program on a machine with matlab installed. Do I need to compile the matlab code using matlab compiler tool or the matlab engine is enough for this? Thanks a lot for your help On Nov 28, 10:03 am, "Paeo Campigotto" <campigo...@dit.unitn.it> wrote: > I'm relatively new to the world of Matlab. > I want to call my matlab own code from a C/C++ program on a > machine with matlab installed. > Do I need to compile the matlab code using matlab compiler > tool or the matla...

C/C++ in matlab and matlab in C/C++ ?
Is it possible to read C/C++ code in matlab and the other way around too? Hi, as long as C or C++ are written in text files you can edit them in the matlab editor. To see the special character of C or C++ coding language, in the editor go to menus: file>preferences>Edito/Debugger>language and on popup "Language" select "C/C++". This does not allow you to run the C/C++ code, just to view it i nicer way... regards, chris saneman <asdfsdf@asd.com> wrote in message <frl846 $f8i$2@news.net.uni-c.dk>... > Is it possible to read C/C...

C# call DLL generated by Matlab and callback
Hi, All I have a C# application and I need to "asynchronous" call the DLL generated by "MATLAB deploytool". Besides, I need to make a callback from MATLAB to C# application after asynchronous call. For example: 1) C# application: MyCSharp 2) MATLAB DLL: MatCode.dll (include a Function addMatrix(a,b)) 3) In MyCSharp application, reference MatCode.dll and asynchronous call the function "addMatrix(a,b)". 4) After "addMatrix(a,b)" function complete(maybe spend long time), MATLAB return the result by call back C# application. I have known how ...

problem of call matlab compiled dll in C++
Hi, guys, I got a problem when calling a matlab compiled dll in my C++ problem. the matlab version is 7.2.0 release 2006, compiler is 4.0 I got the following warning message: ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////// class com/mathworks/jmi/nativematlab not found--unable to register native methods. Failed to set up java output streams Disabling java support cannot load class com/mathworks/jmi/opaqueJavaInterace. Matlab java services cannot be initialized ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////// after I hit OK button, my program crashed!!!! I searched th...

How to call function in Matlab developed .dll in c#?
Hi I want to reference a function within a matlabl compiled .dll using pinvoke method in c#. I have never used matlab. This function is written by a colleague who has compiled it has .dll using matlab. function HelloWorld() msgbox('Hello World'); end I have written the following code in C# to reference the above function in the .dll. using System; using System.Collections.Generic; using System.ComponentModel; using System.Data; using System.Drawing; using System.Linq; using System.Text; using System.Windows.Forms; using System.Runtime.InteropServices; using System.IO; namespace WindowsFormsApplication1 { public partial class Form1 : Form { public Form1() { InitializeComponent(); } [DllImport(@"C:\cshared.dll", CallingConvention = CallingConvention.Cdecl)] internal static extern string HelloWorld(); private void Form1_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) { MessageBox.Show(HelloWorld()); } } Unfortunately, the above code does not work. The following error is displayed on line MessageBox.Show(HelloWorld());. Unable to load DLL 'C:\cshared.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E) The c:\cshared.dll file does exists. I have written couple of lines to test whether files exist or not. It does. I have removed these lines to keep the code basic. I have MATLAB Comp...

Matlab abort when calling system generator function from a normal matlab file
Hi, I implemented some functions using system generator (simulink) and I need to perform some statistical analysis on these functions which involves multi-colouring test. I wrote a matlab file to call these functions inside of a for loop. But for some reason, after a few runs, Matlab just automatically quit without any warning or error messages. Does anyone know why this is happening? At least any suggestion on whether it's Matlab's problem or system generator's problem? Any help would be appreciated. Joy ...

How can I convert a matlab function to C/C++ callable dll function ?
Dear Community Members I'd like to convert my .m file function to a C/C++ callable dll function. How can I convert an m file function to a C/C++ callable dll function and How can I call and parse it inside a C/C++ function ? Yours Faithfully Cem DEMiRKIR ...

matlab beginner: calling matlab from C/C++ #2
I'm relatively new to the world of Matlab. I want to call my matlab own code from a C/C++ program on a machine with matlab installed. Do I need to compile the matlab code using matlab compiler tool or the matlab engine is enough for this? Thanks a lot for your help ...

Please help
Hello Everyone: I am having problem in using matlab functions from C++. Here is my C++ compiler info: Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 I have included engine.h, matrix.h, and tmwtypes.h files as required by the program and almost following the procedure mentioned in engwindemo.c file. Here is my example code: Engine *engOpen(const char *startcmd); const char *stringA = "cd('D:/Waqar');"; int engEvalString(Engine *ep, char * (stringA)); const char *string = "D = importdata('InputMatrixA.txt', ' ');"; int engEvalString(Engine *ep, char * (string));...

matlab calling DLL vs. .exe calling matlab engine
Hello, I'm writing an 3D image recognition which sends commands via RS232 to a Robot which moves to the point in 3D. The problem is the serial interface: sending string commands via serial/fprintf is very slow (I really don't know what matlab makes before sending them) in comparison to e.g. Windows hyperterminal. My question is if it is better to execute a dll out of Matlab-code doing the serial things or viceversus writing a program in c++ which uses the matlab-engine ? What could be the fastest way? What are advantages/disadvantages ? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advanc...

How do I call a MATLAB Compiler generated DLL from the Borland C++ Builder 6 IDE?
How do I call a MATLAB Compiler generated DLL from the Borland C++ Builder 6 IDE? Thanks! ...

Calling non-built in MATLAB functions from within C/C++
I'm trying to determine how to evaluate a function file in MATLAB from within a C/C++ application. I have seen many examples on how to run built-in MATLAB functions such as plot (i.e., engEvalString(ep, "plot(x,y);");). However, whenever I try to run my own functions using the engEvalString command, it does not seem successful. The following is an example of the *.cpp source code that I am running in MS Visual C that attempts to place data into the MATLAB workspace and execute my own personal MATLAB function. Upon using the "who" command at the Command Window, I can see...

Call a Matlab function from Java running in matlab.
Hi guys. I really apologize for asking this question, since I'm sure it is either basic or not possible, but I have been reading through the documentation and can't seem to figure this out, since the examples look like they just send and receive variables from the Java methods. Could anyone give me a short example of how to call a method from a Java object that causes some sort of action to be performed in MATLAB? For example, I would like to: 1) make a new object of MyClass from MATLAB called MyObject. 2) run MyObject.DoSomethingInMatlab() 3) have a statement in DoSomethingInMatlab...

call to matlab function from matlab GUI stalls
I have the following problem. I have created a simple Matlab GUI (for our purposes it can just be considered a Matlab function) which gathers some parameters and then invokes a perl script that in turn calls other perl and Matlab scripts to perform various calculations. If instead of using the Matlab GUI, I run the perl command from the unix prompt, the flow runs and concludes correctly. BUT if I invoke the flow from the Matlab GUI (function), then it runs correctly by calling various other perl and Matlab scripts, but then when it reaches the third Matlab function call, it consistently stalls...

Newbie Question : Can I call MatLab functions from my C/C++ application?
Is there a header file or something that will allow me to utilise MatLab function in my C/C++ application? If so, which header file(s) contain the functions that will allow me to find the inverse and determinate of an C/C++ array, and other 'matrix' operations to be performed on two dimensional arrays? (Left divide would be extremely useful too!) Is there something 'special' that needs to be done for the C/C++ application which is using a two dimensional array to be interpreted as a MatLab matrix, or are they treated the same? Where can I learn more about using MatLab ...

Calling matlab function in C
I am doing image processing application . In it i want to call a matlab function in C .Problem is that i have written a function in matlab and want to call it from C.I dont know where to place myfuntion.m file so that when control goes to matlab it opens my defined function. Rashid Sarwar wrote: > > > I am doing image processing application . > In it i want to call a matlab function in C .Problem is that i have > written a function in matlab and want to call it from C.I dont know > where to place myfuntion.m file so that when control goes to matlab > it opens my defined f...

call C# dll from MatLab
All, Can MatLab call a function in a DLL written in C# as easily as calling into a DLL written in C? If so, how? TIA, Bill Bill If I remeber rightly, there are a couple of articles on codeproject.com that cover this. Do a search for Matlab in the C# category and you should find them Ok. Cheers Barry On 4 Jun, 21:03, "Bill Grigg" <wgr...@earthlink.net> wrote: > All, > > Can MatLab call a function in a DLL written in C# as easily as > calling into a DLL written in C? If so, how? > > TIA, > > Bill Barry, Thanks for that fast repsonse. I already have googled it and found codeproject references. Unfortunately, they all had to do with calling MatLab from C#, not C# from MatLab. Any other thoughts? Bill > > > Bill > > If I remeber rightly, there are a couple of articles on > codeproject.com that cover this. Do a search for Matlab in the C# > category and you should find them Ok. > > Cheers > Barry > > On 4 Jun, 21:03, "Bill Grigg" <wgr...@earthlink.net> wrote: >> All, >> >> Can MatLab call a function in a DLL written in C# as easily as >> calling into a DLL written in C? If so, how? >> >> TIA, >> >> Bill > > > Bill Sorry - I could've sworn I saw a project there a while back that covered what you wanted. I'll take a look and see if I can find it. Cheers Barry On 4 Jun, 21:28, "Bill Grigg" <wgr...@ea...

Problem Calling Matlab from C++
Hi there everyone�����: I need somebody help. I'm a spanish student. Sorry 'bout my english�!�! :P I'm making a C++ program that should plot an interpolation vector in Matlab. I think to do it like this way: /////////////// //ejemplo2.cpp /////////////// #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <string.h> #include <windows.h> #include "C:\MATLAB6p1\extern\include\matlab.h" #include <C:\MATLAB6p1\extern\include\engine.h> #define MLF_V1_2 int main() { Engine *ep; ep=engOpen(NULL); engEval...

How to call Matlab function from C++?
Hi, I would like to know is it possible to call some matlab image processing functions from C++? Is the only method is to use MATLAB engine to call matlab function? for example, i have written an M-file likes this: function new_image = img_modify(pass_img) new_image = imrotate(pass_img,-90,'bilinear','loose'); What i want to do is to pass an image from c++ to this function, and then it return back a rotated image to C++ (or I can do some programming in C++ to read the rotated image). Then by using mcc, some files like .dll, .lib, .c, are generated, however I dont ...

Web resources about - Problems with calling a function from a MATLAB generated dll in c# with matrices as input arguments. - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Generated collection - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In diatonic set theory , a generated collection is a collection or scale formed by repeatedly adding a constant interval in integer notation ...

Moontoast, VideoGenie Team Up To Bring Brand Advocates’ User-Generated Videos To Facebook
It’s not quite the Facebook video ads that have been the subject of rumors, but social rich media advertising platform Moontoast and user-generated-video ...

Auto-generated message: (someones name) has left this conversation and will no longer see your messages ...
Well I figured out how to stop it for me, do not leave the conversation, instead open the conversation and go to the Actions tab, click "Report ...

User Generated Photos in Open Graph - Facebook-Entwickler
... With the increasing number of users having access to mobile cameras, there is a growing need to be able to share and associate those user-generated ...

Does Hyperlapse signal a bigger shift to user-generated content?
... of the level of seriousness Facebook and Instagram as a whole are taking with video creation. There’s a battle being played out on user-generated ...

Minecraft Command Block : Randomly Generated Forest - YouTube
In this video, I demonstrate what can be done by using the spreadplayers command. Keep in mind, this is just a proof of concept, and hopefully ...

Prayers for man who generated love
JOHN McCARTHY'S farewell had been billed as a football funeral. It was attended by a who's who of the game he loved, yet as a tribute it laid ...

Ex-Miss Universe Jennifer Hawkins makes way for data-generated Miss Fantasy, Eva
Former Miss Universe Jennifer Hawkins probably wasn't counting on the ignominy of being sidelined at Myer for a data-generated fantasy woman ...

CGI - Computer Generated Effects In Movies
CGI has revolutionised filmmaking in the past decade, affecting just about every movie we watch.

Chile earthquake live: Tsunami generated after shallow 8.2 magnitude quake hits in Pacific
Parts of Chile's coastline have been hit by a tsunami after a huge magnitude 8.2 earthquake in the Pacific Ocean.