Problems with installation with Matlab 6.5 R13 in Windows XP

Hello ALL,

I'm new with Matlab and I've being problems with the Matlab's
instalation on Windows XP Professional. When I try to execute te
setup.exe a pop-up appear on my screen with this message: "There is
not enough space on the C: drive to complete the installation.
The installer needs about 7 MB of space for temporary files.

You need to free some space on this drive, or change your TMP
environment variable to point to a drive that has more space."

My PC is a AMD Athlon XP 1900+ with 256 MB RAM and has HD with
capacity to 40GB of storage. It has free 19 GB to use yet. I can't
understand because the installation of this software does not happen.

I need help URGENTLY to solution this question. My graduation depends
this

Really Thanks

Best Regards,

Rog�rio Carrasqueira
comp.soft-sys.matlab 211266 articles. 18 followers. lunamoonmoon (258) is leader. Post Follow

Hi Rogerio,

Check your TMP environment variable and make sure that it exists and that it
points to a directory that exists and has enough space (~7Mb) to copy
temporary files to. If this does not help, I would contact support
(support@mathworks.com).

Good luck!
Sean

"Rog�rio Carrasqueira" <rgcarrasqueira@superig.com.br> wrote in message
> Hello ALL,
>
> I'm new with Matlab and I've being problems with the Matlab's
> instalation on Windows XP Professional. When I try to execute te
> setup.exe a pop-up appear on my screen with this message: "There is
> not enough space on the C: drive to complete the installation.
> The installer needs about 7 MB of space for temporary files.
>
> You need to free some space on this drive, or change your TMP
> environment variable to point to a drive that has more space."
>
> My PC is a AMD Athlon XP 1900+ with 256 MB RAM and has HD with
> capacity to 40GB of storage. It has free 19 GB to use yet. I can't
> understand because the installation of this software does not happen.
>
> I need help URGENTLY to solution this question. My graduation depends
> this
>
> Really Thanks
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Rog�rio Carrasqueira

0
scote (115)
10/19/2004 3:41:50 PM
Hey! Anybody figure this thing out? I can't get thru it. I tried
everything I can think of. Please help if you know how to solve this!
Thanx.
I tried to solve this problem with information given before, but it
not solve my problem, i�m going to report this to Mathworks support
to obtain any help

Best Regards

Rog�rio