process files one by one in the directory

Hello,
I have 4 files named ab12.txt, cd45.txt, ug3h.txt, kf8l.txt in a directory.
I have a function like [X,Y] = myfunction (filename, collection).
Collection = 2 always. But the filenames changes. I have to use this function using above filenames one by one.
How can I just create the variable (filename = 'ab12'), run the function. again create the variable (filename = 'cd45') and run the function and so on until the last 4th file.

cheers,
Yogesh

http://www.mathworks.com/help/techdoc/import_export/br5wz4t.html#br7q_u6

--
Steve Lord
slord@mathworks.com

0
slord (13689)
7/25/2011 2:51:56 PM
Thanks for the reply.
I have files of different filenames. In the help page, its sequential files like file1.txt through file20.txt. And in this case, myfilename = sprintf('file%d.txt', k); does the job.
My situation is different and i cant use %d here and also i dont want .txt to be in the filename. All I want to do is create a variable called filename = 'real file name of the file'

thanks once again.
On 7/25/2011 11:34 AM, yogesh kumkar wrote:
> Thanks for the reply.
> I have files of different filenames. In the help page, its sequential
> files like file1.txt through file20.txt. And in this case, myfilename =
> sprintf('file%d.txt', k); does the job.
> My situation is different and i cant use %d here and also i dont want
> .txt to be in the filename. All I want to do is create a variable called
> filename = 'real file name of the file'
>
> thanks once again.

Well, you can do that by ordinary string operations within Matlab as
long as you have some way to generate the name programmatically.

 From you first posting, however, it seems like all you need is to use
the functional form of dir() and look at the .name field for the files
in the subdirectory of extension .txt

There's a FAQ that demonstrates that as well...

If that doesn't/won't work, please explain _specifically_ why not...

none1568 (7453)
7/25/2011 4:40:55 PM
If you don't want to use dir() to find out what's there, or sprintf()
to build your filenames, (both of these methods are shown in the FAQ:
http://matlab.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ#How_can_I_process_a_sequence_of_files.3F)
then I think you're just going to have to do it manually

collection = 2;
filename = 'ab12.txt';
[X,Y] = myfunction(filename, collection);

filename =  'cd45.txt';
[X,Y] = myfunction(filename, collection);

filename = 'ug3h.txt';
[X,Y] = myfunction(filename, collection);

filename = 'kf8l.txt';
[X,Y] = myfunction(filename, collection);
0
imageanalyst (7621)
7/25/2011 4:42:46 PM
Sorry, you had said that you don't want the ".txt" in there so it
would be
collection = 2;
filename = 'ab12';
[X,Y] = myfunction(filename, collection);

filename =  'cd45';
[X,Y] = myfunction(filename, collection);

filename = 'ug3h';
[X,Y] = myfunction(filename, collection);

filename = 'kf8l';
[X,Y] = myfunction(filename, collection);

but I really think dir() or sprintf() would be the more robust way to
go unless you know that those are the only four filenames you will
ever pass to myfunction().
0
imageanalyst (7621)
7/25/2011 4:52:55 PM
On 7/25/2011 11:52 AM, ImageAnalyst wrote:
> Sorry, you had said that you don't want the ".txt" in there so it
> would be
> collection = 2;
> filename = 'ab12';

....etc., example elided for brevity

> but I really think dir() or sprintf() would be the more robust way...

Indeed, indeed...

And, seems like good place to add that in the dir() solution apparently
the perceived problem to the OP is that the .name field is full name
including extension.

If that is so, then

doc fileparts

should be of interest...

none1568 (7453)

One big one or many small ones?
I hope this comes across clearly.... I'm tinkering around with an application that will extract data from a CRM program and dump it into a collection. The ultimate goal is to get the data from the database into a MapPoint map. I can't go directly from the database to the map because I need to be able to move the data around before I plot it on the map. If I have 100 records in my database, but I'm only displaying 50 on the screen, I only want to map the 50 displayed, so doing a plain SELECT * query on the database table won't work. Using the CRM program's API, I can dump the ID numbers of the records displayed on screen to a text file. I can then loop through the text file line by line to grab the IDs necessary for my SQL query. My question is this: Is it "better" to extract the data from the database one by one and insert it into the collection one by one or is it better to assemble a SQL query that will extract 10 (or 20 or 100 or whatever) at a time and insert them into the collection? This is VB6 using ADO. I've done some speed tests myself, but I'm wondering if there is a "best practices" that is followed in this situation. For smaller datasets, doing it one by one is pretty quick. When I start getting into the realm of several hundred records, it starts to bog down a bit. Any similar experiences would greatly be appreciated. ...

find files in one directory to use to search through another directory
HI, I'm a beginner to intermediate user. Here's what I am trying to do. I have a directory (call it X) with many sub-directories with many .h files. I want to use the names of the .h files in directory X to search through another directory (call it Y) and see where the .h files from X are included in the .h and .cpp files in Y. In directory X I used the following command to find all the .h files: find . -name "*.h" The above command generates a list of all the .h files, but with the path name. I don't want the path names, only the name of the file.h Then I want to do a grep in directory Y and search in every .cpp and .h file in Y to see if any of the .h files from X are used. Thanks Jami jamihuq wrote: > HI, > I'm a beginner to intermediate user. > > Here's what I am trying to do. I have a directory (call it X) with many > sub-directories with many .h files. > I want to use the names of the .h files in directory X to search > through another directory (call it Y) and see where the .h files from X > are included in the .h and .cpp files in Y. > > In directory X I used the following command to find all the .h files: > find . -name "*.h" > > The above command generates a list of all the .h files, but with the > path name. I don't want the path names, only the name of the file.h > > Then I want to do a grep in directory Y and search in every .cpp and .h > file in Y to see if any...

How to read columns one by one from spreadsheet file
Hi &nbsp; I am working on hydraulic test system control.I need to input my command from excel file point by point.any body now how to input from excel file pls help me. &nbsp; regards oruganti. Hi &nbsp; What do you mean with "from excel file point by point"? How is this excel file generated? &nbsp; Thomas The simplest way is to save your Excel data as a csv (comma separated variable) file or tab separated txt file. Then you can use the "read from spreadsheet file.vi" to pull the data into an array.&nbsp; After you have it in a LabVIEW array, you can maninulate it with the array tools (pull out a row or column at a time, pull out specific values, etc...). ...

one to one relationship
I created 2 tables with one to one relationship. if I add a record in table A, how does table B record get created? Does SQL do this automatically because it is one to one relationship? or do I need to create a trigger? if i need a trigger, how do I get the ID of new record to create the same ID in table B? thanks for any help. Joe Klein rjl444@hotmail.com wrote: > I created 2 tables with one to one relationship. if I add a record in > table A, how does table B record get created? Does SQL do this > automatically because it is one to one relationship? or do I need to > create a trigger? if i need a trigger, how do I get the ID of new > record to create the same ID in table B? > thanks for any help. > Joe Klein From the standpoint of pure design: What justification is there for two tables with a 1:1 relationship? -- Daniel A. Morgan http://www.psoug.org damorgan@x.washington.edu (replace x with u to respond) I understand what you are getting at- I can keep the data all in a single table, but the 2nd table will have fields related to one aspect of the application, which will be easier to maintain. If you change the design to a single table you could create a view containing the fields related to the one aspect of the application. <rjl444@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1120223323.151688.224240@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > I understand what you are getting at- I can keep the data all in a > single table, but the 2nd table w...

One-One Relationship
Hi, Do you guys know what's wrong with a one-to-one relationship? The reason I want to make it like this is that at the very end of the chain, the set of keys is huge. I want to limit the number of columns to be the key. i.e. the [company] table has 1 column as the key. The [employee] table will have 2 columns as the key. e,g, If I add a [sale] table to the [company]-[employee] relationship, the third table will have 3 columns as the key -- "company id", "employee id", and "sale id". (e.g.) I have a company with many employees and computers. But instead of classify all these, I just want to call all these as an entity. A company is an entity. An employee is just another entity. etc. So, instead of a one-to-many: [company]---*[employee]---*[sale] | | * [computer] I make it one-to-one. [entity]---*[entity] If I want to know the name and address of the entity "employee", I will have a 1-to-1 table [employee] to look up the information for this employee entity. [entity]---*[entity] | | [company] | | [employee] | | [computer] | | [sale] -- > There is no answer. > There has not been an answer. > There will not be an answer. > That IS the answer! > And I am screwed. > Deadline was due yesterday. > > There is no point to life. > THAT IS THE POINT. > And we are screwed. > We will run out of oil soon. >> I want to limit the number of columns to be the key. << You missed t...

Multiple processes; one file
Hey all, I hope this one peaks some interest. I recently inherited a rather kluge of a script. To multithread this thing I need to enable two processes to copy files from a single folder. Maybe process A pulls from the top of the list and process B pulls from the bottom of the list. But what happens when they meet in the middle and processes A is copying the file and process B comes along. Will they not "stomp" on each other. The "Ghetto" way is to create what I call "turd" files before the copy begins and have process B check for the existence of this turd file before executing on the file. That's a little messy in my opinion. There has got to be a more savvy way to do this. Any thoughts or insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Noah I suppose the OS keeps the file handle on cases like this . i don;t think so there are easy ways to capture this as we have tried out many options to prevent this. Unless some one else in the group has a better idea . You can try using fuser -f "filename" and if none of the processes are accessing it , allow the process B to proceed. thx RC I'm not sure why this is a problem - why can't two processes *copy* the exact same file(s)? I tried this: unxr:/home/dbdumps/Backup>ll NISA_SQLZ.dbccdb.18Apr2006.17:31 -rw-r--r-- 1 sybase system 1.4G 18 Apr 2006 17:33 NISA_SQLZ.dbccdb.18Apr2006.17:31 unxr:/home/dbdumps/Backup>cp NISA_SQLZ.dbccdb.18Apr2006.17:31 a & [1] ...

one-to-one relationship
I have a table that I had split into 2 tables (for various reasons). The problem is, I've seen a few instances of customers databases where it's not creating the record in the 2nd of the one-to-one tables, especially when they had imported their customers from another db, and no data existed for the fields in the 2nd table. How do I ensure that, if there is one record in one table with a particular CustomerID, that it is also created in the 2nd of the one-to-one tables? This would be for either new customers, or imported customer data. Many Thanks, Andy ...

data one by one
Hello, first of all sorry for my english. I'm trying to get all samples of a signal. I have this values in an array (collected Y data), but i need to see it one by one. I put my file below. Can you help to me? Thank you very much. Luz sig5.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/172171/1/sig5.vi First of all, your array index is set at 150 (in the front panel), that means your array will start displaying at index 150.&nbsp; To view the other data, drag your display box (in gray) larger, then right click on the display box'es (in gray) most outer border, and select Visible Items-&gt;Vertical Scrollbar.&nbsp; Now you'll see you're way down in your array, either change the array index to 0, or use the scrollbar to go back up at the beginning of the array.&nbsp; Either way will do the same thing. If you need to extract the data one by one, you'll need a loop.&nbsp; In sig5[1]2.vi, after all the data is collected, the VI will display the data one by one in "array data" like a slideshow (delay by 2 sec) See-MingMessage Edited by Elsa Fung on 03-08-2006 06:28 AM sig5[1].vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/172174/1/sig5[1].vi sig5[1]2.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/172174/2/sig5[1]2.vi sig5[1][1].vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/172200/1/sig5[1][1].vi sig5[1]2[1].vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/172200/2/sig5[1]2[1].vi No, I want to see exactly all of values of the array da...

one to one relationships
Does Access store two tables which have a one-to-one relationship, as if they were just one table? I ask because in the db I'm making, there are a few instances in which a one-to-one relationship seems appropriate. But my reasoning is that for the same entity, sometimes several fields are relevant only for some records. So putting those fields into a separate table would keep the main table from having a lot of empty fields for many records. But if Access stores the records as if they were in one big table, there's no point in my splitting the table into two, is there? This is still the db for the recreational tree climbing business. Here's an example: tblJobProposals. The fields in this table all apply to one or two people wanting a climb. If someone wants to arrange a climb for a group, six more fields apply. So I make tblGroupProposals, with the same JobProposalID so it's linked to the other JobProposal fields. (Also, of course, the JobProposalID is a FK in other tables, so I don't want two different PKs.) Does it save space and make sense to do it this way? TIA No, Access does not store one-to-one relationship tables as though they were a single table. If there is actually a record in the related table for each record in the main table, there will be a bit of additional overhead. If there are many empty records in the related table, you may save a bit of disk space (but, on the other hand, these days disk space is both cheap and fast). My choice...

How to strmout one gds data according to one template file?
Hello everyone, If I have one template file, I may run 'pipo strmout streamOutFile.il' to stream out the gds data. How may I do it with skill code in CIW window? BTW, since IC6.X use OA database, skill language will be dated and abandoned, won't it? B.R. Joffre On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 16:37:53 +0800, tech11 wrote: > Hello everyone, > > If I have one template file, I may run 'pipo strmout streamOutFile.il' to > stream out the gds data. How may I do it with skill code in CIW window? > > BTW, since IC6.X use OA database, skill language will be dated and > abandoned, won't it? > > B.R. > > Joffre Just do in skill: system("pipo stremout streamOutFile.il") On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 16:37:53 +0800, "tech11" <tech11@sohu.com> wrote: >Hello everyone, > >If I have one template file, I may run 'pipo strmout streamOutFile.il' to >stream out the gds data. How may I do it with skill code in CIW window? > Guenther answered this. You can also use ipcBeginProcess() >BTW, since IC6.X use OA database, skill language will be dated and >abandoned, won't it? > No. Why do you think that? A lot of work has gone in to ensure SKILL compatibility. You can use the same SKILL functions to access the database - the SKILL API was always a layer on top of the actual database implementation - all that has happened is that the underlying database implementation has change...

List all files in directory (only one level deep)
Hi, I am new to AIX and need to get a listing of all files and subdirectories in a specific directory. For example: a listing of /home/xxx. I was able to get this done with the following two commands: find /home/xxx/* -prune -type -f >listing.txt find /home/xxx/* -prune -type -d >>listing.txt with the following results: /home/xxx/file1 /home/xxx/file2 /home/xxx/file3 /home/xxx/dir1 /home/xxx/dir2 /home/xxx/tempdir Problem 1: I need two lines of commands to get the file populated. Problem 2: The file is not sorted 'f' (from the files) before 'd' (from the directories) which would take another step to do. Question: is there a more efficient way of doing this (preferably with one command line) and have the listing sorted alphabetically? Any helpful input would be appreciated. Thanks, Jack Jack wrote: > Hi, > [...] > /home/xxx/file1 > /home/xxx/file2 > /home/xxx/file3 > /home/xxx/dir1 > /home/xxx/dir2 > /home/xxx/tempdir [...] > Jack > Try ls -d /home/xxx/* or ls -1 /home/xxx Enjoy Bernd Bernd, Thanks for the tip. I tried both ways and this will work. Jack ...

UPDATE/INSERT to make One-to-Many table become One-to-One
I have a scenario where two tables are in a One-to-Many relationship and I need to move the data from the Many table to the One table so that it becomes a One-to-One relationship. I need to salvage the records from the many table and without going into detail, one of the reasons I can't do the opposite as there are records in the ONE table that I need to keep even if they don't have any child records in the MANY table. Below I created the code to create the sample tables: 1- tblProducts is the ONE side table 2- tblProductDetails is the MANY side table 3- tblProductsResult is the RESULT I expect to get after running some T-SQL code 4- tblProductComponents is another MANY side table to tblProducts 5- tblProductComponentsResult is the RESULT I expect to get... Some of the points to consider: 6- Normally all UniqueID columns are to be IDENTITY. For this sample i am entering the UniqueID values myself. 7- I don't want to create new tables like tblProductsResult and tblProductComponentsResult. I want to update the real tables. I have created the tblxxxResult tables only for this post. 8- The goal is to update the name of the Product by giving it the name of the first matching Name from tblProductDetails. 9- If there are more than one entry in tblProductDetails for each Product, then I need to create new Products inheriting the original Product's information including its child records from tblProductComponents. If you run the code and open the tables it will be...

Copy a file from one directory to another from a SAS program?
Is there a way from SAS to copy a file from one directory to another? = I am exporting 200+ sheets from an Excel 2007 workbook and there is one = sheet that I do not want to process like the others, so I'd like to move = it in my SAS program to another folder. -Mary ...

One-to-one relationships as feedback
I have an mdb with a *projects* table. I also have a *timecode* table. Projects and timecodes are related by a one-to-one relationship but I do not want to simply add the timecode field to my projects table for the following reasons: -Not all projects have a timecode -Not all timecodes have a project initially. The timecodes table can be viewed as a pool of codes. We add a series of available codes to the table and assign them to projects as time goes by. When we're out, we add more. I thus would like to be able to assign a timecode to a project from the projects table. This is easily done. The tricky part is: I would like there to be some of way to feedback this assignment to the timecode table in such a way that it is possible to open up the timecode table and see which codes have been assigned and which ones are still available. I'm looking for a simple way of implementing this. I'm not using forms or anything fancy. Users of my db will simply edit tables manually. I'm basically building something between an excel spreadsheet and a full scale db with ui. Many thanks for considering this. Many thanks. On Thu, 21 Jun 2007 18:20:40 -0000, Shogun <arisaivaladez@gmail.com> wrote: >I have an mdb with a *projects* table. I also have a *timecode* >table. > >Projects and timecodes are related by a one-to-one relationship but I >do not want to simply add the timecode field to my projects table for >the following reasons: ...

files, directories, files, directories
Hi folks, I've been trying to make a decision and it's driving me crazy. Is a directory a file or is a directory NOT a file but a node? Should I have A) public interface IFile { IFileName FileName; IContent GetContent(); } public interface IDirectory extends IFile { } or B) public interface INode { INodeName NodeName; } public interface IFile extends INode { IContent GetContent(); } public interface IDirectory extends INode { } Method A is nice cause IFile becomes the base "Node" type and you can use names like "IFileName" which sounds nice compared to "INodeName" and fits with the "FileSystem" moniker. A has the disadvantage that IDirectory has a GetContent() method which isn't bad but can be considered a bit weird. It probably wouldn't be too hard to make users think of everything as a file. Method B is nice cause IDirectory doesn't have GetContent() -- that honour belongs only to IFile. B is at a disadvantage when it comes to naming: everything becomes a "Node". INodeName sounds rude compared to IFileName. This method feels more "pure" cause you're specialising features completely. Do you reckon I can get away with Method A? It doesn't seem as pure unless you spend a long time convincing yourself that (for all intents and purposes) a file *is* a node (it's just got a different name) and a directory *is* a file. A penny for anyone's thought...

Re: Copy a file from one directory to another from a SAS program?
If you know the file names, you can do the 'X' command at some point to execute a system command to move the file: X "move /path/to/original /path/to/dest"; If you are on Windows (probably, since you are using .xls). Otherwise, whatever command is native to your OS for moving files should work within your 'X' command. Matt -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Mary Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2008 2:05 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Copy a file from one directory to another from a SAS program? Is there a way from SAS to copy a file from one directory to another? I am exporting 200+ sheets from an Excel 2007 workbook and there is one sheet that I do not want to process like the others, so I'd like to move it in my SAS program to another folder. -Mary ...

The Old Ones are the Best Ones
Musing on an old DOS based game called Wolfpack. Battle of Atlantic game that let you attack conveys, or conn destroyers protecting the conveys, or conn merchant ships IN the convoys. And you could jump from ship to ship in the course of a battle. If your ship was in bad shape you could jump to another on your side and fight on, or even jump into the enemy ships attacking you. Wonderful. ...

read in observations one by one
i have a macro to finish a certain calculation for a bunch of observations. also i have another file which contains the list of the observations. i know i can copy the observations into the parameters of the macro by hard code. is there a auto way to do this. for example i have 5 sales rep, i would like to calculate their sales, expense, travel time..., and i have the macro the do this. i can use hard code to call macro with different rep's name to do the calculation and output with different files. i am wondering if it is possible to read in the first name from the list file, do the calculation and output, then read in the second rep. and so on. seems like i need to use some loop code like do while or do until. but i really don't know how to do it. anyone has idea? thanks, ...

Re: Copy a file from one directory to another from a SAS program? #4
hi ... try this before using the X command ... options noxwait; "NOXWAIT specifies that the command processor automatically returns to the SAS session after the specified command is executed. You do not have to type EXIT." the online doc has a good explanation of XWAIT and XSYNC (sounds like EXTINCT, hmmm... DOS) -- Mike Zdeb U@Albany School of Public Health One University Place Rensselaer, New York 12144-3456 P/518-402-6479 F/630-604-1475 > Yes, that does work > X "move c:\dir1\test.txt c:\dir2\test.txt" > > It is however, leaving open the DOS command window. I tried: > X "exit"; > and that did not work to close it. Would anyone know how to close it? > > -Mary > ----- Original Message ----- > From: matt.pettis@thomsonreuters.com > To: mlhoward@avalon.net ; SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU > Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2008 2:58 PM > Subject: RE: Copy a file from one directory to another from a SAS program? > > > If you know the file names, you can do the 'X' command at some point to > execute a system command to move the file: > > X "move /path/to/original /path/to/dest"; > > If you are on Windows (probably, since you are using .xls). Otherwise, > whatever command is native to your OS for moving files should work > within your 'X' command. > > Matt > > -----Original Message----- > From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:...

Re: Copy a file from one directory to another from a SAS program? #5
try before the statement: =20 options noxwait; =20 shouldn't matter, but after the 'x' statement, you may want to turn the option back on (i personally never do) with: =20 options xwait; =20 hth, matt ________________________________ From: Mary [mailto:mlhoward@avalon.net]=20 Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2008 3:12 PM To: Pettis, Matthew (Prof II&RS); SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: Copy a file from one directory to another from a SAS program? Yes, that does work X "move c:\dir1\test.txt c:\dir2\test.txt" =20 It is however, leaving open the DOS command window. I tried: X "exit"; and that did not work to close it. Would anyone know how to close it? =20 -Mary ----- Original Message -----=20 From: matt.pettis@thomsonreuters.com=20 To: mlhoward@avalon.net ; SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU=20 Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2008 2:58 PM Subject: RE: Copy a file from one directory to another from a SAS program? If you know the file names, you can do the 'X' command at some point to execute a system command to move the file: =09 X "move /path/to/original /path/to/dest"; =09 If you are on Windows (probably, since you are using .xls). Otherwise, whatever command is native to your OS for moving files should work within your 'X' command. =09 Matt =09 -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV....

how to change directoy using matlab CD to the folder that one of my m file is opend from?
I have an m file open in the editor, and it lives in say folder_A. is there a way from Matlab to tell it: please cd (make current folder) to the folder that this m file open in the editor is located in? If there is more than one m file open in the editor, I should be able to select one ofcourse, I can just type the command cd folder_A But the path is too long, and Matlab does not seem to allow me to copy the path shown at the top of the window banner so I can paste it on the console window. What would be nice, if from the editor itself, I can right-click on the file window, and have a pop-up window open with an option to 'cd to the folder this file is in' thanks, --Nasser I agree. Once Brett Shoelson at the Mathworks told me to put this at the start of my code: % Change the current folder to the folder of this m-file. if(~isdeployed) cd(fileparts(which(mfilename))); end I think it maybe used to work but now it doesn't. It asks me to change directory, or add to path before the m-file even runs and gets to that code. I've put in a request to have an option to do some kind of an auto-switch to the folder where your m-file lives when you try to run it but I don't think they liked that idea, so we are stuck with the annoying prompts all the time. It's especially bad for me because I work on several different projects that live in different folders so I'm always having to answer the prompt when an auto-switc...

One process cant read data inserted by other process. Why?
Hi I'm using ADO.Net and Access 2002. I have two processes written in vc++ .net, lets call them for, example A and B. A opens a connection, do something and closes the connection. Then A calls process B and waits it to finish. B opens a connection, update the data, closes the connection and exits. A opens a connection and reads the data that existed before the updates made by process B. Why? Is the connection pooling to blame? I tried using a connection string parameter "OLE DB Services = 0" to turn off connection pooling but the problem still exists. What more info do you need? ...

append multiple RTF files to one RTF file
I am having difficulty finding a way to copy and append multiple RTF files to one RTF file. I need to do this with a VB app or component. Any information you have, ideas, limitation, etc... that you can pass my way would be GREAT! Thank You. "Jim" <jim_black@blacksweb.com> wrote in message news:e0957e1.0310271253.83ec8d4@posting.google.com... > I am having difficulty finding a way to copy and append multiple RTF > files to one RTF file. I need to do this with a VB app or component. > Any information you have, ideas, limitation, etc... that you can pass > my way would be GREAT! Thank You. There are no easy methods to do this. What you are going to have to do is every character you will need to check the font, font size, color etc.... On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 23:49:19 -0600, "John Smith" <SPAMsales@ispmaker.net> wrote: >"Jim" <jim_black@blacksweb.com> wrote in message >news:e0957e1.0310271253.83ec8d4@posting.google.com... >> I am having difficulty finding a way to copy and append multiple RTF >> files to one RTF file. I need to do this with a VB app or component. >> Any information you have, ideas, limitation, etc... that you can pass >> my way would be GREAT! Thank You. > >There are no easy methods to do this. What you are going to have to do is >every character you will need to check the font, font size, color etc.... > Depending on the format (i think the RTB can onl...

including one XML file in another XML file

Web resources about - process files one by one in the directory - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Wikipedia:Quick directory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This page is a handy directory to various locations of interest in Wikipedia. Only dynamic pages should be listed here, no policy pages etc. ...

Telephone directory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"Phone book" and "White pages" redirect here. For a contact list, see Contact list . For other uses, see White pages (disambiguation) . Subscriber ...

Don't call us: Centrelink bosses remove phone numbers and email from directory
Tom was savvy enough to take his complaints straight to Centrelink management.

Don't call us: Centrelink bosses remove phone numbers and email from directory
Tom was savvy enough to take his complaints straight to Centrelink management.

Don't call us: Centrelink bosses remove phone numbers and email from directory
Tom was savvy enough to take his complaints straight to Centrelink management.

Business Directory Listings: Eight Smart Tips for You to Get Started
If you are considering a business directory listing for your small business, congratulations – you are on the right track. Local SEO, local customers, ...

Atlas Partner Directory Launched
... just for Facebook and Instagram –advertising platform Atlas has one, as well. On that note, Atlas Tuesday introduced the Atlas Partner Directory ...

Slack announces App Directory store
... create more apps for the store, and a new framework called Botkit which should simplify the process of creating apps. The Slack App Directory, ...

Amazon brings Microsoft users into AWS with Active Directory service
Amazon has launched an AWS Directory Service for Active Directory , a fully managed implementation of Microsoft's authentication and user management ...

Hackers leak DHS staff directory, claim DOJ is next
On Sunday, an account on Twitter posted a Department of Homeland Security staff directory with 9,355 names. Shortly after the DHS data was posted, ...