Push button to halt a loop

Hello.

Is there a way to code up a GUI that gracefully brings a program out of a loop (i.e to avoid using Ctrl + C)?
Something like:

a = 1;

while a ==1
....run and plot this...
'GUI code which sets a=0 when button is pressed' (thus ending the loop).
end

I'm trying to find a way to run a program indefinitely until a key/button is pressed.
0
theguv81 (25)
5/30/2011 6:17:02 AM
comp.soft-sys.matlab 206981 articles. 0 followers. lunamoonmoon (258) is leader. Post Follow

On May 30, 8:17=A0am, "Frank " <thegu...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Is there a way to code up a GUI that gracefully brings a program out of a=
 loop (i.e to avoid using Ctrl + C)?
> Something like:
>
> a =3D 1;
>
> while a =3D=3D1
> ...run and plot this...
> 'GUI code which sets a=3D0 when button is pressed' (thus ending the loop)=
..
> end
>
> I'm trying to find a way to run a program indefinitely until a key/button=
 is pressed.

You don't really want to do that, but the way to achieve
this is to start the GUI component where the button appears
before you enter the loop, and then poll the state of the
button in each iteration of the loop.

Rune
0
allnor (8507)
5/30/2011 6:22:58 AM
On 5/29/2011 11:17 PM, Frank wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Is there a way to code up a GUI that gracefully brings a program out of a loop
>(i.e to avoid using Ctrl + C)?
> Something like:
>
> a = 1;
>
> while a ==1
> ...run and plot this...
> 'GUI code which sets a=0 when button is pressed' (thus ending the loop).
> end
>
> I'm trying to find a way to run a program indefinitely until a key/button is pressed.

Yes, ofcourse, I do that all the time.  Very easy, like this:

have a STOP button. In its call back, read your userData struct
from figure (doc userData), which you'd already set up, and
set a flag in it to true, say STOP=true. Then save the userData
back.

The mainline (your loop), will, at the end of each iteration,
read userData and checks if the flag is true of false, if it
is true, it terminates the loop, and sets the flag to false
to be ready for the next time the mainline is called,
and then write userData back to figure. Something like

  moreWork = true;
  while moreWork

     .... busy work here
     .... if done, moreWork=false;

     %check if user hit STOP button
     userData = get(handles.figure1, 'UserData');
     if userData.state == STOP
        userData.state = RUN;  %reset for next time
        set(handles.figure1,'UserData',userData);
        moreWork = false; %to stop the loop
     end
end

Do not need to worry about race conditions between Stop button
callback and mainline, as main line will be interrupted untill
stop button callback is completed (matlab takes care of this).

Initially, in your GUI OpeningFcn (if you are using GUIDE), you'll
set up the userData struct and init this flag to false.

--Nasser

0
Nasser
5/30/2011 6:38:47 AM
I thought maybe I should re-write this again to include  the
whole setup to make things more clear.

In OpeningFcn(), if using GUIDE, do
   set(handles.figure1, 'UserData',[]);
   userData.stop = false;
   set(handles.figure1, 'UserData',userData);

In the STOP button callback, do  (this is the interrupt)
-----------------------------------
    userData = get(handles.figure1, 'UserData');
    userData.stop = true;
    set(handles.figure1,'UserData',userData);

In the mainline, (the RUN button callback) do

     moreWork = true;
     while moreWork

        .... busy work here
        .... if done, moreWork=false;

         %check if user hit STOP button
         userData = get(handles.figure1, 'UserData');
         if userData.stop == true
            userData.stop = false;  %reset for next time
            set(handles.figure1,'UserData',userData);
            moreWork = false; %to stop the loop
         end
     end

--Nasser
0
Nasser
5/30/2011 6:56:56 AM
Thanks Nasser for you're fast response.
0
theguv81 (25)
6/1/2011 1:21:02 AM
"Frank" wrote in message <is445u$qhn$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> Thanks Nasser for you're fast response.

Sorry, Nasser:

I tried something like what you suggested. Actually I did it almost the same way before reading your post. With no success. To me this does not work.

The main loop always takes control until the simulation is done. The stop callback is queued and acts only after the main loop terminates. I am not able to find a workaround.

Am I missing anything?
0
msiti (2)
1/17/2012 2:08:09 PM
On 1/17/2012 8:08 AM, Azimut wrote:
> "Frank" wrote in message<is445u$qhn$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
>> Thanks Nasser for you're fast response.
>
> Sorry, Nasser:
>
> I tried something like what you suggested. Actually I did it almost the same way
>before reading your post. With no success. To me this does not work.
>
> The main loop always takes control until the simulation is done. The stop callback
>is queued and acts only after the main loop terminates. I am not able to find a workaround.
>
> Am I missing anything?

humm.. I am sorry, I have no idea what are you refering to. I see
nothing in this message I can respond to.

--Nasser
0
Nasser
1/17/2012 2:30:07 PM
The point is that the structure you suggested:

run_Callback
    userData = get(handles.figure1, 'UserData');
    if (userData.stop == true)
        userData.stop = false; %reset for next time
        set(handles.figure1,'UserData',userData);
        abort_simulation;
    end
simulation_loop;

stop_Callback %pushbutton
userData = get(handles.figure1, 'UserData');
userData.stop = true;
set(handles.figure1,'UserData',userData);

practically does not work, even though it should. Matlab apparently is not able to get the status update from "stop callback", perhaps because too busy with simulating the intensive "simulation_loop" called from "run_Callback".

However I found a trick to give Matlab time to check stop_Callback updates.
The code example above works if a statement like: pause(0.000001) is placed among run_Callback instructions.

(I found this trick in another thread, not my idea; at least in my case it works)
0
msiti (2)
1/17/2012 3:07:09 PM
On 1/17/2012 9:07 AM, Azimut wrote:
> The point is that the structure you suggested:
>
> run_Callback
>      userData = get(handles.figure1, 'UserData');
>      if (userData.stop == true)
>          userData.stop = false; %reset for next time
>          set(handles.figure1,'UserData',userData);
>          abort_simulation;
>      end
> simulation_loop;
>
> stop_Callback %pushbutton
> userData = get(handles.figure1, 'UserData');
> userData.stop = true;
> set(handles.figure1,'UserData',userData);
>
> practically does not work, even though it should. Matlab apparently is
>not able to get the status update from "stop callback", perhaps because
>too busy with simulating the intensive "simulation_loop" called from "run_Callback".
>
> However I found a trick to give Matlab time to check stop_Callback updates.
> The code example above works if a statement like: pause(0.000001) is placed among run_Callback instructions.
>
> (I found this trick in another thread, not my idea; at least in my case it works)

First, I am glad things worked for you.

Second, I have no clue where the above code with 'abort_simulation' came
from, becuase I did not write that. Here is the link:

http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/newsreader/view_thread/308463

Third, I gave you a pattern to follow, a general approach. I did not include
all the details and every thing. If you asked for more details, I would have
given you a link to an example code I did, here is one

Here is just one example showing how it works

http://12000.org/my_courses/UC_davis/spring_2011/MAE_121_eng_dynamics/lab/lab_one/index.htm

click on the HTML link there, and click on the source code. And yes, I did
use a pause for tiny amount to get this to run, I never said I did not as I was
just giving you a pattern, not an actual code with all the details. I did
not think I had to include every bit of everything each time I answer something.

But it is not important now. Since it works for you know.

--Nasser
0
Nasser
1/17/2012 3:34:42 PM
Instead of "pause(0.0001)", use "drawnow;". "pause" command is extremely slow because it uses very inaccurate timing mechanism. If you're running a time-critical loop, NEVER use "pause" in your loop. Having said that, drawnow is not a perfect choice either. However, there is no delay. Only the overhead to process "drawnow" exists. So, if you're not running many GUI objects doing this and that, "drawnow" exits fairly well. In a very fast computer you may finish "drawnow" within 0.1ms, which is good for usual task.

Best,

"Azimut" wrote in message <jf42qt$8ni$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> The point is that the structure you suggested:
>
> run_Callback
>     userData = get(handles.figure1, 'UserData');
>     if (userData.stop == true)
>         userData.stop = false; %reset for next time
>         set(handles.figure1,'UserData',userData);
>         abort_simulation;
>     end
> simulation_loop;
>
> stop_Callback %pushbutton
> userData = get(handles.figure1, 'UserData');
> userData.stop = true;
> set(handles.figure1,'UserData',userData);
>
> practically does not work, even though it should. Matlab apparently is not able to get the status update from "stop callback", perhaps because too busy with simulating the intensive "simulation_loop" called from "run_Callback".
>
> However I found a trick to give Matlab time to check stop_Callback updates.
> The code example above works if a statement like: pause(0.000001) is placed among run_Callback instructions.
>
> (I found this trick in another thread, not my idea; at least in my case it works)
0
sskimbox (22)
1/25/2012 10:26:10 PM
"Frank" wrote in message <irvcou$hv$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> Hello.
>
> Is there a way to code up a GUI that gracefully brings a program out of a loop (i.e to avoid using Ctrl + C)?
> Something like:
>
> a = 1;
>
> while a ==1
> ...run and plot this...
> 'GUI code which sets a=0 when button is pressed' (thus ending the loop).
> end
>
> I'm trying to find a way to run a program indefinitely until a key/button is pressed.

function rotate_triangle()
axes('units','normalized',...
     'position',[0.1 0.1 0.8 0.8],...
     'color',[0.5 0.5 0.5],...
     'NextPlot','replacechildren',...
     'tag','plot_axes');
hp = plot([1 3 2 1],[2 4 1 2]);
set(hp,'tag','tplot');
xlim([-8 8]);
ylim([-8 8]);
% define rotation button
uicontrol('units','normalized',...
    'position', [0.42 .925 .15 .05],...
    'style','push',...
    'SelectionHighlight','off',...
    'string','rotate',...
    'fontweight','bold',...
    'fontsize', 10,...
    'fontname','arial',...
    'foregroundcolor',[0 0 0],...
    'callback',{@rotate_button},...
    'tag','rotate_button');

function rotate_button(hload,eventdata)
% locate and delete the main figure object
ax = findobj('tag','plot_axes');
hp = findobj('tag','tplot');
hb = findobj('tag','rotate_button');
stop_flag = get(hp,'userdata');
if ~isempty(stop_flag)
    if stop_flag == 0
        set(hp,'userdata',1)
        set(hb,'string','rotate');
    elseif stop_flag == 1
        set(hp,'userdata',0);
        set(hb,'string','stop');
    end
else
    set(hp,'userdata',0)
    set(hb,'string','stop');
end
t = hgtransform('Parent',ax);
set(hp,'Parent',t)
Rz = eye(4);
for r = 0:.1:2000*pi
    Rz = makehgtform('zrotate',r);
    set(t,'Matrix',Rz)
    drawnow
    pause(0.01)
    stop_flag = get(hp,'userdata');
    if stop_flag == 1
        break
    end
end
return
0
nospam185 (247)
1/25/2012 11:27:09 PM
Thanks, Sung Soo.

drawnow is perfect for my purpose.
I think the picture is complete now.

best regards, A.

"Sung Soo Kim" <sskimbox@aol.com> wrote in message <jfpvi2$b50$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> Instead of "pause(0.0001)", use "drawnow;". "pause" command is extremely slow because it uses very inaccurate timing mechanism. If you're running a time-critical loop, NEVER use "pause" in your loop. Having said that, drawnow is not a perfect choice either. However, there is no delay. Only the overhead to process "drawnow" exists. So, if you're not running many GUI objects doing this and that, "drawnow" exits fairly well. In a very fast computer you may finish "drawnow" within 0.1ms, which is good for usual task.
>
> Best,
>

> "Azimut" wrote in message <jf42qt$8ni$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> > The point is that the structure you suggested:
> >
> > run_Callback
> >     userData = get(handles.figure1, 'UserData');
> >     if (userData.stop == true)
> >         userData.stop = false; %reset for next time
> >         set(handles.figure1,'UserData',userData);
> >         abort_simulation;
> >     end
> > simulation_loop;
> >
> > stop_Callback %pushbutton
> > userData = get(handles.figure1, 'UserData');
> > userData.stop = true;
> > set(handles.figure1,'UserData',userData);
> >
> > practically does not work, even though it should. Matlab apparently is not able to get the status update from "stop callback", perhaps because too busy with simulating the intensive "simulation_loop" called from "run_Callback".
> >
> > However I found a trick to give Matlab time to check stop_Callback updates.
> > The code example above works if a statement like: pause(0.000001) is placed among run_Callback instructions.
> >
> > (I found this trick in another thread, not my idea; at least in my case it works)
0
mr_x0 (2)

MySql
Hi I am reading a row of hashes from a MySQL table. I need to add that row to an array to create an 'array of hashes' I should then be able to access, say, $xyz[34]{'steel'}. The following is part of the code: my @xyz=({}); # array of hashes $sql="SELECT coal,iron,steel,china,wool,cloth,fish,livestock FROM industry"; $sth=$dbh->prepare($sql); $sth->execute or die "Unable to execute query: $dbh->errstr\n"; my $row; while ($row = $sth->fetchrow_hashref) {push (@xyz,$row)} $sth->finish(); $dbh- >disconnect(); print $xyz[6]{'cloth...

Why push ecx ?
Hi, I have a question here, VC7 generated such assembly code for my strlen() _strlen PROC NEAR push ebp mov ebp, esp push ecx mov eax, DWORD PTR [ebp+8] mov DWORD PTR [ebp-4], eax $L1: mov ecx, DWORD PTR [ebp-4] movsx edx, BYTE PTR [ecx] test edx, edx je SHORT $L2 mov eax, DWORD PTR [ebp-4] add eax, 1 mov DWORD PTR [ebp-4], eax jmp SHORT $L1 $L2: mov eax, DWORD PTR [ebp-4] sub eax, DWORD PTR [ebp+8] mov esp, ebp pop ebp ret 0 _strlen ENDP the C code of my strlen() is as below unsigned int strlen(const char *s) { const char *t=s; while(*t!='\0') ++t; ...

The HALT() Conjecture
A function cannot esist that determines the halt value of any function a simple program halting deciding paradox 10 if Halt() Goto 10 20 Pint "Finished!" thats ok, a function can still exist that determines the value of any _OTHER_ function! i mean, what idiot would put the test harness inside the test software to start with? program 1 10 Print "Finished!" program 2 10 if Halt(program1) Then Print "p1 halts!" Now it works! Graham Cooper (BInfTechM ...

Buttons on the web.
I have a button painted in multiple occurences on the web. When i press the button the detail trigger is fired and the code runs ok and the $curocc of the entity is correct. When i change the html of the button to make it into an image, (ie change type="submit" to type="image" and add a src attribute) things go wrong. On pressing the button the data is submitted back to the usp correctly BUT the $curocc is ALWAYS THE LAST OCCURENCE. My code relies on $curocc being correct i.e. being equal to the occurence you clicked the button in. I cant use hyperlinks as...

Checkmail button has recently stopped working
Just recently, the checkmail button on the button bar stopped working. I am using a paid copy of version 7.1.0.9 The only way to check mail is to go to the personalities, right click and select Check Mail. Works fine then. I saw a post from a couple of years back giving instructions. I followed them, Still no joy. Thanks in advance for your help. Reg Gupton On Mon, 23 May 2011 14:27:51 -0700 (PDT), Reg <reggupton@gmail.com> wrote: >Just recently, the checkmail button on the button bar stopped >working. I am using a paid copy of version 7.1.0.9 > >T...

Problem in Push Button in GUI
Hi, Due to lack of space, I need to have a string over two lines in "String" of the Push Button of the GUI. I am not able to display the string . Any ideas... -Hardik Hi, don't post the same message again and again... just add a post to the previous one ! ANGEL, "how to show a pushbutton with 2 lines of string" #, 15 Jan 2004 12:30 pm </WebX?50@@.eece35b> J�r�me ...

[News] Vietnam Government Pushes for Greater Use of Free Software
Ministry encourages open source software ,----[ Quote ] | The Ministry of Information and Communications has recommended state agencies | use four open source software products - Open Office, Thunderbird, Firefox | and Unikey. `---- http://english.vietnamnet.vn/tech/2007/12/761476/ Earlier this week: Hacao Classmate PC avaiable ! [and Vietnam grows on OpenOffice.org] ,----[ Quote ] | Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! | | Hot news from Vietnam here... `---- http://www.tuxmachines.org/node/22928 Related: Students using PCLinuxOS in Vietnam ,----[ Quote ] | Finally, I decided ...

Array of Command Buttons
Hi Is there a way to set the properties of an array of command buttons as a group? For example, at the moment I am setting the properties of each button individually like so: cmdButton.Enabled(0) = True cmdButton.Enabled(1) = True cmdButton.Enabled(2) = True cmdButton.Enabled(3) = True To avoid pointless repetitive code I would imagine it can be done something like: cmdButton.Enabled(0 to 3) = True Can anyone help me with the correct syntax for this problem? Thanks in advance Roy "Roy Riddex" <roy_riddexNOSPAM@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:7N4Oc.1312$28.1091@...

Loop problem
Hello, i have a problem with a lisp-function. (defun closed (list1 list2) (setq el-list (car list1)) (cond ((equal list1 nil) nil) ((closed_test list2 el-liste) T) (T (loop (setq y (closed (cdr list1) (append list2 (list (car el-list))))) (setq el-list (cdr el-list) (when (or (equal el-list nil) y) (return y))) ))) list1 is a list of lists. list2 contains just elements. the function should traverse a tree and make some comparing, if there are an element and its negative. for easy testing, you could replace the closed_tes...

explicit looping, matrix, columns
I'm trying to write a m file .....function [m] for a matrix My input m by n matrix and two integer numbers representing the column numbers output the two columns represented by the two intergers only switched. if the columns do not exist then I must display an error this must be done by using explicit looping I'm having a hard time with this and ANY help would be appreciated THANK YOU In article <fq5om7$db1$1@fred.mathworks.com>, David Holmberg <ferrisbulldogg@yahoo.com> wrote: >I'm trying to write a m file .....fun...

Titlebar close button
This may be a stupid question, but how can I get just the "close" button in the titlebar without Min and/or Max. I've played around a bit and it seems to require one or theo other, and I don't see a bit the [Emx] headers for "close." Maybe I answered my own question - I need to check the toolkit headers? > > > This may be a stupid question, but how can I get just the "close" > button in the titlebar without Min and/or Max. > Without the minimize and maximize buttons? Or without the minimize and maximize entries on the sy...

Distinct Recordset SQL as Loop Variable
Hey Guys, I'm just playing around with some code I wrote for work and am trying to minimize the coding as much as possible. So two questions: 1. What are your best practices for organizing your code, aside from comments? I typically split my code up into sub procedures and then run them all from the top of the code. My problem is that my code page is taking me a while to scroll through and find the code i'm looking for. 2. I have two queries. The first creates a recordset of unique values of a single field. The second uses that list of unique values as a variable to loop through an...

Custom application button in KDE on RH9???
It's very convenient that you can right-click on the panel, and add an application button without having to dork around with setting it up manually. But I see Redhat is beginning to make the same kinds of mistakes that Microsoft makes repeatedly - those that are made when trying to second-guess the user. To wit: I uninstalled the StarOffice 1.0 RPM, and in its place, installed StarOffice 1.1 - no RPM was available. However, under the KDE desktop, I can neither add a blank button to the panel (so that I can set the properties manually), nor can I change the properties of an existing button...

Write sequence text files within a loop
when I using the following script to create sequence files within a loop; for k=1:15 textfilename = ['Penumbradata' num2str(k) '.txt']; fid = fopen(textfilename, 'rt'); textdata = fread(fid); fclose(fid); end this give me this errors; ??? Error using ==> fread Invalid file identifier. Use fopen to generate a valid file identifier. Error in ==> profilesimulationhem at 628 textdata = fread(fid); Could someone tell me what's that mean?/Kha "Kha " <khawla_h1@hotmail.com> wrote in message <i94e4u$l6h$1@fred.mathworks.com&g...

Strange loop behaviour.
OK, I don't have a lot of experience with C, but the following code is doing something I don't understand. ===========begin code section============================== int mainarray [10] [1000]; int numberofrecords=0, i=0, j=0, scanerr=0; int count [50]; FILE *main_file; /* Initialize arrays */ for (i=0; i<51; i++) { count[i] = 0; printf ("i= %d count[i]= %d\n", i, count[i]); } for (i=0; i<11; i++) { for (j=0; j<1001; j++) { ...

Script for depressible buttons?
Is there a script for depressible buttons that work in Mozilla and IE? This works nice but only in IE: http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex5/depressbutton.htm. Thanks, Brett Brett wrote: > Is there a script for depressible buttons that work in Mozilla and IE? > > This works nice but only in IE: > http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex5/depressbutton.htm. > > Thanks, > Brett > "Easy to install and degrades well with all other browsers." Rubbish, they don't work at all in Firefox. The effect is a "button" that doesn't...

How to calculate day/time difference between Record=New and fram button was pushed down
I do have three buttons within a Frame, one at a time can be active (push down). I do have a field that mention the date and time a new record was set. All of above is stored in the same table Now, I would like to add fields above the three buttons that mention the difference in days and hours/min. between the time the button was set to pushed down and the time the record was born. The days/hours become bigger if the button is down and is halted for the other buttons. The purpose is for the helpdesk form that I have indicating the days/ time the call is open, on wait or closed. Bart ...

while loop not cooperating
I have a file containing commar seperated values: dbs02:/home/kelly> head disk_usage aftddb,42262768,30751104 afttdb,52251832,19804242 aftxdb,52872048,20289728 aitddb,4482176,26728656 aitxdb,4108816,27086160 apxddb,8649968,12223056 cirddb,25423648,26745552 csoddb,29137376,12697824 csosdb,515291440,23183392 dev_db,2854080,1314912 Using a while loop and echo, I can read and write each line to standard out thus: dbs02:/home/kelly> cat v1 #!/bin/sh while read line do echo ${line} done < disk_usage dbs02:/home/kelly> ./v1 | head aftddb,42262768,30751104 afttdb,52251832,198...

New record button greyed out
[This followup was posted to comp.databases.ms-access and a copy was sent to the cited author.] I have a jazz records archive database which is supposed to be updatable via an input form. Despite setting the form's properties so that it will accept edits, deletes etc the new record button on the record navigation thingy stalwartly remains greyed out. I can add one record at a time by editing the underlying table but still the form remains "read only". I am working in admin/owner role and all permissions look ok. Any clues? Dave J The form property that you need is &quo...

Ignore Power Button Push
My one and a half year old daughter loves to push the buttons on the two systems in my office. One of them I can lock the front to prevent her from doing this. My other, the FreeBSD box, has an open front and I'd like to configure FreeBSD to ignore when the power button (or at least throw a message to the current console asking what to do - ala Windows style power management) is pressed. My alternative is to put this server behind the desk (along with the UPS) in order to get it out of her reach. Just wondering if there is an easy software solution to this. Any ideas on doing ...

The Push-To-Talk Push
Arik Hesseldahl, 08.18.03, Forbes.com NEW YORK - In compiling a list of the weirdest and least-remembered of the technology fads of the 1970s, the CB radio would have to be near the top. Well before the public discourse among arbiters of what's cool on the fashion merits of the so-called trucker hat, motorists around the U.S. experienced a brief but intense fascination with truckers and trucker culture. In the mid-1970s this mini-mania was kicked off in part by a TV advertising campaign pushing a brand of bread and centering on a fictitious trucker named C.W. McCall. The cam...

[9fans] macosx + inferno + acme + one-button-mouse + chording
oops. Last night I realized too late what Rob and Russ meant. Reason is that I never use the chording in acme. So, yeah, don't know if chording can or ever could work with one-button-mouse. ron > > oops. Last night I realized too late what Rob and Russ meant. Reason is > that I never use the chording in acme. how do you manage without using chording? one good thing about acme is, i dont even realize how i use acme to do something. i seem to do it automatically. it would be difficult to use acme when some key features are missing because i will begin to be cautious when i...

How to know which push button have been pushed ?
Hi, I have created two pushbuttons who refer to the same callback. How can i do to know if it's the push button 1 that has been pushed or the other ? Thanks Nono "Nono" <decatoirearnaud@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:4938541.1115041274879.JavaMail.jakarta@nitrogen.mathforum.org... > Hi, I have created two pushbuttons who refer to the same callback. How can > i do to know if it's the push button 1 that has been pushed or the other ? > Thanks > Nono Take a look at GCBO and GCO. Also, it's pretty easy to send the button object's handle as an a...

Push net config change to my domain?
Hi folks, I have 700/800 PCs of which about 200 appear in the browse lists. I want them all to appear, without having to type net config server /hidden:no or regdit32 H.._L.._M\Sys\CurrConSe\Serv\Lanmnser\Perams on more than 500 machines by hand. What I'd like to know is, is there any [free] way I can effect this global change from a central location? Thanks, Patrick ...

i after halt see d0p2s0> what this and ...?
hi i install minix3 when i run #halt command i see this prompt d0p2s0> i now at where of os and file system? and here when i write help see the list name and command what these? thanks. On dec. 2, 20:26, hogat <hogat...@gmail.com> wrote: > hi > i install minix3 when i run #halt command > i see this prompt > d0p2s0> > i now at where of os and file system? > and here when i write help see the list name > and command what these? > thanks. You see the boot monitor's prompt. The code d0p2s0 represents your disk and partition where the bootloader is installe...