Q: File Exchange --- posted file not there yet. Should I upload file again?

I posted a file to the file exchange yesterday, but it is not showing
up yet. How long does it usuallly take for the file to show up? Should
I upload it again or wait?

James Tursa

James Tursa <aclassyguywithaknotac@hotmail.com> wrote in
message <f058j3h10e632t855riru5bocpodhvgu3k@4ax.com>...

> I posted a file to the file exchange yesterday, but it is
not showing
> up yet. How long does it usuallly take for the file to
show up? Should
> I upload it again or wait?
>
> James Tursa

It can take a few days depending on workload,
holidays/weekends, sick days etc.

Yair Altman
0
altmanyDEL (1141)
11/9/2007 9:41:30 AM
James Tursa <aclassyguywithaknotac@hotmail.com> wrote in message
<f058j3h10e632t855riru5bocpodhvgu3k@4ax.com>...

> I posted a file to the file exchange yesterday, but it is not showing
> up yet. How long does it usuallly take for the file to show up? Should
> I upload it again or wait?
>
> James Tursa

Your submissions must be processed by a
person at the Mathworks. (I assume it is our
favorite Mathworks administrator, Helen
Chen.) So anything submitted on a Friday
will probably not appear until the following
Monday. And, since she has other duties to
attend to, if you submit during the week, it
may take a day or so to appear if things are
busy. Note that the Matlab contest is being
run just now. I'll bet this has Helen and her
colleagues busier than normal for the next
few days.

Please don't resubmit it, as this will just
confuse things, possibly resulting in
duplicated submissions since Helen is not
screening for that. It will also make for
more work for her and more of a backlog
for others to wait. If you got to the page
that tells you your submission has been
sent, then it will appear in due time. Only
if it has been at least (business) 3 days in
the Boston area should you begin to
worry what happened, and I'd start with
a friendly e-mail first.

John
0
woodchips (7944)
11/9/2007 10:46:08 AM

Thanks. I will wait until at least the middle of next week before
taking any follow-up action.

James Tursa
Thanks for all the great discussion and support, everyone.
Please do feel free to reach out to any of us on the MATLAB
Central Team if you ever have any questions. We do
appreciate your patience when something slips through the
cracks.

James, John Ceredona is contacting you directly regarding
your post.

Best wishes,
Helen

James Tursa <aclassyguywithaknotac@hotmail.com> wrote in
message <bp19j359bhdl6bogpjqd9kgviejgn0s2ct@4ax.com>...

> Thanks. I will wait until at least the middle of next week
before
> taking any follow-up action.
>
> James Tursa

0
Helen.Chen (108)
11/9/2007 4:59:47 PM
James Tursa <aclassyguywithaknotac@hotmail.com> wrote in
message <f058j3h10e632t855riru5bocpodhvgu3k@4ax.com>...

> I posted a file to the file exchange yesterday, but it is
not showing
> up yet. How long does it usuallly take for the file to
show up? Should
> I upload it again or wait?
>
> James Tursa

Hello James,

A typical turnaround on a file posted to the File Exchange
is one day, with exception to file files posted on the
weekend, as we may or may not have coverage on the weekends.
 I did some searching, and unfortunately I don't think your
posting ever made it to the File Exchange review area.  Can
you try resubmitting the posting?  Once you send it in,
please send me an email and I will track it down so that it
can be pushed out ASAP.  I apologize for any inconvenience
this may have caused you.

On a side note, would you consider updating your community
email address, I was unable to contact you directly as your
email address is not valid.

Regards,
John Ceredona
MATLAB Central Administrator
The MathWorks
http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/
On Fri, 9 Nov 2007 19:55:40 +0000 (UTC), "John Ceredona"
<John.Ceredona.NOSPAM@mathworks.NOSPAM.com> wrote:

>James Tursa <aclassyguywithaknotac@hotmail.com> wrote in
>message <f058j3h10e632t855riru5bocpodhvgu3k@4ax.com>...
>>
>> I posted a file to the file exchange yesterday, but it is
>not showing
>> up yet. How long does it usuallly take for the file to
>show up? Should
>> I upload it again or wait?
>>
>> James Tursa
>
>Hello James,
>
>A typical turnaround on a file posted to the File Exchange
>is one day, with exception to file files posted on the
>weekend, as we may or may not have coverage on the weekends.
> I did some searching, and unfortunately I don't think your
>posting ever made it to the File Exchange review area.  Can
>you try resubmitting the posting?  Once you send it in,
>please send me an email and I will track it down so that it
>can be pushed out ASAP.  I apologize for any inconvenience
>this may have caused you.
>
>On a side note, would you consider updating your community
>email address, I was unable to contact you directly as your
>email address is not valid.
>
>Regards,
>John Ceredona
>MATLAB Central Administrator
>The MathWorks
>http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/

I re-submitted the file, typecast.c, but I don't think I redirected it
to the proper place. It should be in utilities - external iterfaces.

I checked my community e-mail address and it is correct. I don't know
why you couldn't reach me that way. The only thing I can suggest is
you try again and let me know. Thanks.

James Tursa
One follow up question also. Is there a place on The Mathworks website
where I can easily determine when a MATLAB function was first
introduced?  i.e., if I use a particular function of feature of
MATLAB, how far back does it go before there are compatibility
problems with older versions of MATLAB?

James Tursa
In article <5r0fj3dpq1sbqittsu4d1tb297eog7njv8@4ax.com>,
James Tursa  <aclassyguywithaknotac@hotmail.com> wrote:

>One follow up question also. Is there a place on The Mathworks website
>where I can easily determine when a MATLAB function was first
>introduced?

There doesn't appear to be.
--
   "History is a pile of debris"                     -- Laurie Anderson
0
> In article <5r0fj3dpq1sbqittsu4d1tb297eog7njv8@4ax.com>,
> James Tursa  <aclassyguywithaknotac@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >One follow up question also. Is there a place on The
Mathworks website
> >where I can easily determine when a MATLAB function was first
> >introduced?
>
> There doesn't appear to be.
> --
>    "History is a pile of debris"                     --
Laurie Anderson

Duane Hanselman's book has such a list in his book

Yair Altman
0
altmanyDEL (1141)
11/12/2007 7:46:57 AM
> I re-submitted the file, typecast.c, but I don't think I
redirected it
> to the proper place. It should be in utilities - external
iterfaces.

> I checked my community e-mail address and it is correct. I
don't know
> why you couldn't reach me that way. The only thing I can
suggest is
> you try again and let me know. Thanks.
>
> James Tursa

Hello James,

Your file is now placed in the correct category.  In the
future, if you have an issue with a file posted to the File
Exchange, simply email files@mathworks.com

- John