quaternions and examples to test with tia sal22

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Greetings All

I have a couple of matlab M files that use quaternions,  I would like to test them out but I'm having a hard time finding good quaternion example problems that show the process/the work can anybody reccommed some or a site that has some?

tia sal22

0
Reply ratullloch_delthis 1/12/2011 5:24:57 PM

See related articles to this posting

On Jan 12, 7:24=A0am, ratullloch_delthis <ratullloch_delt...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Greetings All
>
> I have a couple of matlab M files that use quaternions, =A0I would like t=
o test them out but I'm having a hard time finding good quaternion example =
problems that show the process/the work can anybody reccommed some or a sit=
e that has some?

> tia sal22

For those who want to know I'm trying to test rotation around an
arbitrary axis.
0
Reply Rick 1/12/2011 5:46:19 PM

ratullloch_delthis <ratullloch_delthis@gmail.com> wrote in message <JtlXo.559683$pX3.162527@en-nntp-11.dc1.easynews.com>...
> Greetings All
>
> I have a couple of matlab M files that use quaternions,  I would like to test them out but I'm having a hard time finding good quaternion example problems that show the process/the work can anybody reccommed some or a site that has some?
>
> tia sal22

Can't you do it by hand and compare?
0
Reply Husam 1/12/2011 6:02:05 PM

..559683$pX3.162...@en-nntp-11.dc1.easynews.com>...
> > Greetings All
>
> > I have a couple of matlab M files that use quaternions, =A0I would like=
 to test them out but I'm having a hard time finding good quaternion exampl=
e problems that show the process/the work can anybody reccommed some or a s=
ite that has some?

> > tia sal22
>
> Can't you do it by hand and compare?

I'm looking for example problems that show the work/answer so I will
know that it is working correctly.  If I make up something out of thin
air I won't know the correct answer.
0
Reply Rick 1/12/2011 6:36:04 PM

Rick T <ratulloch@gmail.com> wrote in message <4e83ec0b-d16c-459a-8c65-91aec43b326f@j25g2000vbs.googlegroups.com>...
> On Jan 12, 8:02 am, "Husam Aldahiyat" <numand...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > ratullloch_delthis <ratullloch_delt...@gmail.com> wrote in message <JtlXo.559683$pX3.162...@en-nntp-11.dc1.easynews.com>...
> > > Greetings All
> >
> > > I have a couple of matlab M files that use quaternions,  I would like to test them out but I'm having a hard time finding good quaternion example problems that show the process/the work can anybody reccommed some or a site that has some?
> >
> > > tia sal22
> >
> > Can't you do it by hand and compare?
>
> I'm looking for example problems that show the work/answer so I will
> know that it is working correctly.  If I make up something out of thin
> air I won't know the correct answer.

Maybe these submissions can help you:

http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/24247-eulerfixed-angles-properties
http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/20696-function-to-convert-between-dcm-euler-angles-quaternions-and-euler-vectors
0
Reply Husam 1/12/2011 6:48:08 PM

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Quaternion and rotation about an origin and an arbitrary axis origin help tia sal22
Quaternion and rotation about an origin and an arbitrary axis origin help tia sal22 Greetings All Thanks to James and Chas for helping me get this far I have the output of my quaternions in the format [w x y z]. My first vector point is [1x 0y 0z] and the arbitrary point I want to rotate about is [0.5x 0y 0z]. The thing is when I plot the quaternion values for the x and y values they don't rotate about the origin [0x 0y 0z] or the arbitrary axis origin of [0.5x 0y 0z] can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I checked my axis-angle to quaternion conversion by checki...

Using mathscript formula to create test sound question tia sal22
Greetings All &nbsp; I'm trying to use mathscript formula to create an audio file and I'm not sure why my vi is not working.&nbsp; It says the data type has to be string but the graph just shows a blank line &nbsp; TIA &nbsp; sal22 mathscript formula to sound test.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/190406/1/mathscript formula to sound test.vi ...

Web Testing, Example Test cases URL testing
Web Testing, Example Test cases While testing a web application you need to consider following Cases: =B7 Functionality Testing =B7 Performance Testing =B7 Usability Testing =B7 Server Side Interface =B7 Client Side Compatibility =B7 Security Functionality: In testing the functionality of the web sites the following should be tested: =B7 Links i=2E Internal Links ii. External Links iii. Mail Links iv. Broken Links =B7 Forms i=2E Field validation ii. Error message for wrong input iii. Optional and Mandatory fields =B7 Database * Testing will be done on the database integrity. =B7 Cookies ...

[ace-users] proactor test example getting unknown error on open(): proactor test example getting unknown error on open()
ACE VERSION: 5.5 HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: HP Compaq nw8420, Windows XP SP2, not sure of the WINSOCK version. Pentium M, 2.0 Ghz, 1 GB of RAM TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST: COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): THE $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h FILE [if you use a link to a platform- specific file, simply state which one]: I link to config-win32-msvc.h THE $ACE_ROOT/include/makeinclude/platform_macros.GNU FILE [if you use a link to a platform-specific file, simply state which one (unless this isn&#...

Is unit testing an example of white box testing?
can anyone gives me white-box testing examples? I just know testers need to write code to test internal logic of a program, that is white-box testing. Is unit testing an example of white box testing? For example, when programmers use JUNIT for unit testing, are they doing white box testing? What I heard is in workplaces, most of the testers are doing black box testing, so they know nothing about the code. please advise. thanks!! Matt wrote: > can anyone gives me white-box testing examples? I just know testers > need to write code to test internal logic of a program, that is > whit...

default build without tests, performance tests, examples?
Hello, Dunno if this is what is called "subsetting", but how do I build everything except the tests, performance tests, and examples for ACE, TAO, and CIAO? Why is the default to build all this? I would prefer that I be forced into building it, rather than forced out of it. Thanks! Jeff ...

Axis Angle to quaternion and quaternion to Axis angle question sal22
Sorry if this is a double post the last post never showed up Axis Angle to quaternion and quaternion to Axis angle question sal22 comp.soft- sys.matlab,alt.math.recreational,sci.math.research,sci.math,sci.math.num- analysis Greetings All Link to text file/question in case formatting gets messed up http://db.tt/nVv8Ivj I created two functions one to convert axis angle to quaternion and another one to convert quaternion to axis angle as far as I can tell the formulas are correct the question I have is when I create a quaternion from the axis angle format example: x=.3 y=.1 z=.6...

[ace-users] Re: default build without tests, performance tests, examples?
Hi Jeff, To ensure that we have proper version/platform/compiler information, please make sure you fill out the appropriate problem report form (PRF), which is in $ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM or in $ACE_ROOT/BUG-REPORT-FORM $TAO_ROOT/BUG-REPORT-FORM in older versions of ACE+TAO. Make sure to include this information when asking any questions about ACE+TAO since otherwise we have to "guess" what version/platform/compiler/options you've using, which is error-prone and slows down our responsiveness. >> Dunno if this is w...

Taking MSN messenger as an example, let' see what's the difference between compatibility testing and interoperability testing.
Taking MSN messenger as an example, let' see what's the difference between compatibility testing and interoperability testing My understanding is that compatibility is testing for the compatible among different platforms (i.e. it's for the AUT to run on/with X,Y,Z ), while interperability testing is for two similiar features/applications can know/understand/workable with each other (i.e. it's for the AUT run together with its brothers or cousins). Taking MSN messenger for example, MSN on Unix is compatibility, but MSN with MSN 7.5 or Yahoo Messenger is interoperability. Am I r...

Testing prioritisation
You received from the development team a new application; this application was never been tested before. And you have been told that you have to test it, they also say they don't know how much time you have to test it. You can have a month or you can have a day, every day may be last day for testing. This is a simple application that enables you to save some objects and their proprieties. Also user can edit an existing record and can delete an existing record. Application enables you to delete and edit multiple records. All changes that have been made to the objects including deleting and ...

how to design an testing example
The content of my program are the following: #include <stdio.h> int main(int argc,char *argv[]) { FILE *fp; void filecopy(FILE *,FILE *); if (argc==1) filecopy(stdin,stdout); else while (--argc>0) if ((fp=fopen(*++argv,"r"))==NULL) { printf("cat:can't open %s\n",*argv); return 1; } else { filecopy(fp,stdout); fclose(fp); } return 0; } void filecopy(FILE *ifp,FILE *ofp) {int c; while ((c=getc(ifp))!=EOF) putc(c,ofp); } when I input command lines,for example:cat f:\test\1.cpp ...

databanks as test-examples
hi can someone help me. i am looking for free databanks. i could use as examples for testing the usage of them. just for a start getting into this field. i appreciate your help. thx ann xx On Nov 14, 3:10 pm, ann <goldenli...@googlemail.com> wrote: > hi > can someone help me. i am looking for free databanks. i could use as > examples for testing the usage of them. just for a start getting into > this field. > i appreciate your help. thx ann xx Do google search ...

Unit Testing Examples
Hello All, so I'm now convinced that unit testing is really the way to go and I want to add it to an existing project. The first thing that I find out, is that, well, it's hard work. Harder than writing the real functional code. My application manipulates graphs. I first write the skeleton in Python, then convert it to C++ for high performance (some graphs can have millions of nodes.) Up to now, I simply evaluated the validity of a graph by eye-balling the results of toy problems. Obviously, this gets harder as the graphs grow, so unit testing sounds like a good way to make sure I ca...

Test::Unit examples and OptionParser
Hello, I am looking for a stack of unit tests examples to check the behavior of OptionParser for parsing command line options, such as: [option]: --help --output_file --cutoff_value --list_of_keys --verbose Cheers, Martin -- Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/. 2010/4/22 Martin Hansen <mail@maasha.dk>: > I am looking for a stack of unit tests examples to check the behavior of > OptionParser for parsing command line options, such as: > > > [option]: > =A0--help > =A0--output_file > =A0--cutoff_value > =A0--li...

Acceptance test spike example
I'm posting this message for 2 reasons. First, I'm still pretty new and shakey to the whole Acceptance Testing thing, and I'm hoping for some feedback on whether I'm on the right track. Second, although all the Agile literature talks about the importance of doing Acceptance Testing, there's very little in any of the books or out on the Web that helps with how to do it. If I am on the right track, this will be one more helpful item folks can find on a Google search. The code below is basically a spike I wrote in a few hours last night to prove to myself and my team that ...

Perl Test
Hi there, I've got an interview for a junior web developer role and they will be testing my Perl skills in the interview. I was just wondering if there was an online resource for example tests of varying levels for Perl and any other languages. Thanks Steve Stephen Adam wrote: > Hi there, > > I've got an interview for a junior web developer role and they will be > testing my Perl skills in the interview. I was just wondering if there > was an online resource for example tests of varying levels for Perl > and any other languages. Download some hot CGI scripts...

Extract Tests from rdoc Examples
Hello Group, I remember that Bill Kleb once proposed a method to extract tests from the rdoc of a source. Has something developed from this approach or has it died quietly? I think it was quite an interesting idea because it did test the correctness of the source and the documentation at the same time. regards, Brian -- http://ruby.brian-schroeder.de/ Stringed instrument chords: http://chordlist.brian-schroeder.de/ ...

Is Storage Subpool Example tested?
Hello. I'm trying to compile http://ada-auth.org/standards/12rm/html/RM-13-11-6.html , but there are some errors. Perhaps, 1. "use type System.Storage_Pools.Subpools.Subpool_Handle;" is missing. 2. 2nd parameter of Set_Pool_of_Subpool is "in out", but access value is given. 3. Downcast as MR_Subpool is missing in > Result.Start := Pool.Next_Allocation; 4. ".Start" is missing in > Pool.Next_Allocation := Pool.Markers(Pool.Current_Pool); (And, I had to replace some 'Unchecked_Access to 'Unrestricted_Access, but this is GNAT's feature. I...

Acceptance test spike example
I'm posting this message for 2 reasons. First, I'm still pretty new and shakey to the whole Acceptance Testing thing, and I'm hoping for some feedback on whether I'm on the right track. Second, although all the Agile literature talks about the importance of doing Acceptance Testing, there's very little in any of the books or out on the Web that helps with how to do it. If I am on the right track, this will be one more helpful item folks can find on a Google search. The code below is basically a spike I wrote in a few hours last night to prove to myself and my team that ...

test example for report and label clipper
i have written an example in c and c++ that will read a frm or lbl and read a dbf and a ntx (read only) to display either a label or a report. but i need a proper test modules of lbl and frm to test it properly, then maybe i can post the exe's for people to use. i do have some test example from various dbase book from the 80's (no crack about the age) and it seems like it does work. what i need is the proper workout or where i can download examples to try? maybe a clipper person can post a few examples to try. maybe it would help if i said please and thank you for listening and helpin...

test peripheral example in xilinx XPS
Hello all I am using xilinx platform studio (XPS) for testing my FX12 minin module development board and facing some problems. Using base system builder, i select only RS232 and Mini module GPIO leds and two examples were created,one test memory and second test peripheral.Test memory resides in BRAM while test peripheral in DDR SDRAM. I downloaded bit file to my board successfully for both memory and peripheral examples one by one using xps download bitstream but problem is that test peripheral example shows nothing (test memory example shows correct results on hyperterminal). ...

Testing Google Gmail -- Worked Example
We have heard from several sources that Google Gmail, a widely used AJAX web applications, is very difficult to test reliably. We agree: testing Google Gmail is tricky. So we figured, if eValid could do the Gmail application well then that would bode well for eValid use on other, similarly complex web applications. Our sample Gmail test was to sign in to an existing Gmail account, compose an email message, send it to the same Gmail account, observe that it arrives successfully, then delete the message just sent. This sequence exercises the main Gmail functions, and it illustrates use of eVa...

[ANN] assert_xhtml
Rubies: My quest to get the maximum coverage & diagnostics from the leanest possible tests has reached a new level. This is a Rails functional test on an HTML form: user = users(:Moses) get :edit_user, :id => user.id assert_xhtml do form :action => '/users' do fieldset do legend 'Personal Information' label 'First name' input :type => 'text', :name => 'user[first_name]' :value => user.first_name end end end Tha...

Where can I find Expect examples for test?
I have studied the "Exploring Expect", but it does not mention how to write test script with expect. Can anyone help me find some real-world or fantacy examples? luopub@163.com wrote: > I have studied the "Exploring Expect", but it does not mention how to > write test script with expect. Can anyone help me find some real-world > or fantacy examples? > Have you looked at DejaGnu or read some of the papers on the expect website yet? Have you tried entering "expect test script" in google? That seems to yield lots of possible links. -- Bryan Oak...