quaternions and examples to test with tia sal22

Greetings All

I have a couple of matlab M files that use quaternions,  I would like to test them out but I'm having a hard time finding good quaternion example problems that show the process/the work can anybody reccommed some or a site that has some?

tia sal22

0
ratullloch_delthis
1/12/2011 5:24:57 PM
comp.soft-sys.matlab 210991 articles. 13 followers. lunamoonmoon (258) is leader. Post Follow

On Jan 12, 7:24=A0am, ratullloch_delthis <ratullloch_delt...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Greetings All
>
> I have a couple of matlab M files that use quaternions, =A0I would like t=
o test them out but I'm having a hard time finding good quaternion example =
problems that show the process/the work can anybody reccommed some or a sit=
e that has some?

> tia sal22

For those who want to know I'm trying to test rotation around an
arbitrary axis.
0
Rick
1/12/2011 5:46:19 PM
ratullloch_delthis <ratullloch_delthis@gmail.com> wrote in message <JtlXo.559683$pX3.162527@en-nntp-11.dc1.easynews.com>...
> Greetings All
>
> I have a couple of matlab M files that use quaternions,  I would like to test them out but I'm having a hard time finding good quaternion example problems that show the process/the work can anybody reccommed some or a site that has some?
>
> tia sal22

Can't you do it by hand and compare?
0
Husam
..559683$pX3.162...@en-nntp-11.dc1.easynews.com>...
> > Greetings All
>
> > I have a couple of matlab M files that use quaternions, =A0I would like=
 to test them out but I'm having a hard time finding good quaternion exampl=
e problems that show the process/the work can anybody reccommed some or a s=
ite that has some?

> > tia sal22
>
> Can't you do it by hand and compare?

I'm looking for example problems that show the work/answer so I will
know that it is working correctly.  If I make up something out of thin
air I won't know the correct answer.
0
Rick
1/12/2011 6:36:04 PM
Rick T <ratulloch@gmail.com> wrote in message <4e83ec0b-d16c-459a-8c65-91aec43b326f@j25g2000vbs.googlegroups.com>...
> On Jan 12, 8:02 am, "Husam Aldahiyat" <numand...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > ratullloch_delthis <ratullloch_delt...@gmail.com> wrote in message <JtlXo.559683$pX3.162...@en-nntp-11.dc1.easynews.com>...
> > > Greetings All
> >
> > > I have a couple of matlab M files that use quaternions,  I would like to test them out but I'm having a hard time finding good quaternion example problems that show the process/the work can anybody reccommed some or a site that has some?
> >
> > > tia sal22
> >
> > Can't you do it by hand and compare?
>
> I'm looking for example problems that show the work/answer so I will
> know that it is working correctly.  If I make up something out of thin
> air I won't know the correct answer.

Maybe these submissions can help you:

http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/24247-eulerfixed-angles-properties
http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/20696-function-to-convert-between-dcm-euler-angles-quaternions-and-euler-vectors