quaternions and examples to test with tia sal22

Greetings All

I have a couple of matlab M files that use quaternions,  I would like to test them out but I'm having a hard time finding good quaternion example problems that show the process/the work can anybody reccommed some or a site that has some?

tia sal22

0
ratullloch_delthis
1/12/2011 5:24:57 PM
comp.soft-sys.matlab 206920 articles. 560 followers. lunamoonmoon (258) is leader. Post Follow

On Jan 12, 7:24=A0am, ratullloch_delthis <ratullloch_delt...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Greetings All
>
> I have a couple of matlab M files that use quaternions, =A0I would like t=
o test them out but I'm having a hard time finding good quaternion example =
problems that show the process/the work can anybody reccommed some or a sit=
e that has some?

> tia sal22

For those who want to know I'm trying to test rotation around an
arbitrary axis.
0
Rick
1/12/2011 5:46:19 PM
ratullloch_delthis <ratullloch_delthis@gmail.com> wrote in message <JtlXo.559683$pX3.162527@en-nntp-11.dc1.easynews.com>...
> Greetings All
>
> I have a couple of matlab M files that use quaternions,  I would like to test them out but I'm having a hard time finding good quaternion example problems that show the process/the work can anybody reccommed some or a site that has some?
>
> tia sal22

Can't you do it by hand and compare?
0
Husam
..559683$pX3.162...@en-nntp-11.dc1.easynews.com>...
> > Greetings All
>
> > I have a couple of matlab M files that use quaternions, =A0I would like=
 to test them out but I'm having a hard time finding good quaternion exampl=
e problems that show the process/the work can anybody reccommed some or a s=
ite that has some?

> > tia sal22
>
> Can't you do it by hand and compare?

I'm looking for example problems that show the work/answer so I will
know that it is working correctly.  If I make up something out of thin
air I won't know the correct answer.
0
Rick
1/12/2011 6:36:04 PM
Rick T <ratulloch@gmail.com> wrote in message <4e83ec0b-d16c-459a-8c65-91aec43b326f@j25g2000vbs.googlegroups.com>...
> On Jan 12, 8:02 am, "Husam Aldahiyat" <numand...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > ratullloch_delthis <ratullloch_delt...@gmail.com> wrote in message <JtlXo.559683$pX3.162...@en-nntp-11.dc1.easynews.com>...
> > > Greetings All
> >
> > > I have a couple of matlab M files that use quaternions,  I would like to test them out but I'm having a hard time finding good quaternion example problems that show the process/the work can anybody reccommed some or a site that has some?
> >
> > > tia sal22
> >
> > Can't you do it by hand and compare?
>
> I'm looking for example problems that show the work/answer so I will
> know that it is working correctly.  If I make up something out of thin
> air I won't know the correct answer.

Maybe these submissions can help you:

http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/24247-eulerfixed-angles-properties
http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/20696-function-to-convert-between-dcm-euler-angles-quaternions-and-euler-vectors
0
Husam

US-TX-Austin: RF Technician, experience setting up and calibrating test setups (45359532428)
US-TX-Austin: RF Technician, experience setting up and calibrating test setups (45359532428) ============================================================================================ Position: RF Technician Reference: ZYD00151 Location: Austin TX Duration: Skills: Experience working at high frequency (1 GHz and higher). Demonstrated hands-on experience setting up and calibrating test setups, including equipment such as network analyzers. Proven experience automating data collection using software such as ...

questions about STL erase example
I am reading a STL example: bool badValue(int x); // return whether x is 'bad'. vector<int> c; c.erase( remove_if(c.begin(), c.end(), badValue), c.end()); My question is the above code, does it remove ONLY THE FIRST item where badValue return false or ALL ITEMs where badValue return false. Thank you. Allerdyce.John@gmail.com wrote: > vector<int> c; > c.erase( remove_if(c.begin(), c.end(), badValue), c.end()); > > My question is the above code, does it remove ONLY THE FIRST item where > badValue return false or > ALL ITEMs where badValue return false....

simple test
Why does this test as not true. if (!1==2) echo 'true'; else echo 'nottrue'; It seems like it should be true. groups2@reenie.org wrote: > Why does this test as not true. > > if (!1==2) echo 'true'; else echo 'nottrue'; > > It seems like it should be true. > IMHO Operator precedence. you are negating 1 instead the whole expression. How to negate whole expression: if (!(1==2)) echo 'true'; else echo 'nottrue'; Hendri Kurniawan On May 2, 12:43 am, Hendri Kurniawan <ask...@email.com> wrote: > grou...@reenie.org w...

US-TX-Austin: Sr Test/Product Eng., Mixed-signal Eng., ATE Platforms; Perm (45343914403)
US-TX-Austin: Sr Test/Product Eng., Mixed-signal Eng., ATE Platforms; Perm (45343914403) ======================================================================================== Position: Sr Test/Product Eng. Reference: SMC01826 Location: Austin TX Duration: Perm Skills: BS in Electrical or Computer Engineering required 5+yrs exp in mixed-signal Product, Test, or Applications Engineering Exp with mixed-signal ATE platforms (Teradyne, Agilent, LTX, or Credence) Exp with mixed-signal lab equ...

Test for a phone number without any hyphens?
I have been trying to work out a regular expression to test for ONLY numbers, no hyphens so that I can accept only hyphen-less phone numbers...I have had no luck Any ideas out there... TIA, Miki Michelle said: > >I have been trying to work out a regular expression to test for ONLY numbers, no >hyphens so that I >can accept only hyphen-less phone numbers...I have had no luck What have you tried, and what are you using as a reference? /^\d+$/ ...

Statement Coverage Examples
Hi, I am having some difficultly understanding statement coverage. The biggest problem I face is having no code examples with clearly defined answers stating how many tests are required to achieve full statement coverage. The people I am studying with all have different ideas and we can not come to any real conclusion. Any help/examples would be most appreciated! Thanks, Darren ...

lit. and web references using examples
I'm in the process of learning OO-programming. I stumbled across the pattern topic and found it very important and useful to OO-programming. However, when patterns are explained detached from real world applications it becomes very very abstract and hard to understand. Then again I found patterns much easier to understand in the context of examples. However such explanations using examples seem to be difficult to find. Do you know literature and/or web sites with understandable real world examples of applied patterns? Like text books, tutorials etc. based on examples? .... Do...

Quaternions
Hi all, I am wondering if anyone knows of a way to smooth quaternion data? I have a long time series (1 Hz) of noisy (measured) quaternions that represents the attitude/orientation of a rigid body. I also have a set of model quaternions (1 Hz) covering the same period that represent the 'ideal' attitude as a function of time. Is it possible to use this ideal attitude data to constrain and smooth the measurements? At the moment, I am comparing the each ideal quaterion with the measured value to remove outliers in the data but I was wondering if there is a better way? T...

Give me a good example for accumarray()
Hello, I am learning MATLAB and when I read about the accumarray() function it looks good but I didn't understand how the examples worked. Could someone give me a nice small example (problem) and how accumarray solves it? "Husam Aldahiyat" <numandina@gmail.com> wrote in message <h2n5b9$lo7$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Hello, > I am learning MATLAB and when I read about the accumarray() function it looks good but I didn't understand how the examples worked. > > Could someone give me a nice small example (problem) and how accumarray solves it? Any ti...

Unit Testing Without Frameworks
On Tuesday 06 July 2004 13:55, Lothar Scholz wrote: > > And to be honest i stopped unit tests, because the current libraries > GUI, networking, filesystems do not support them well enough. Hope > that this will improve in the future. I felt the same way. I got back into unit testing in a way I don't think most people would understand. I dropped frameworks altogether. I started just running anything found in a "tests" sub-directory of whatever project I was working on. Actually, I do have a framework of a sort: a single ruby file I use to launch tests that mat...

any labview example for resonator parameter measurement?
Hellow! I am doing the measurement of the resonator parameter(like&nbsp;C0,L,C1,R) using network analyzer, are there anybody&nbsp;has some experience about it, are there any&nbsp;example code? thanks a lot! Mike&nbsp; Mike, Which network analyzer are you using.&nbsp; You may be able to find some LabVIEW drivers for it at the following link: <a href="http://www.ni.com/devzone/idnet/" target="_blank">National Instruments Instrument Driver Network</a> You may also check the other thread you started and the responses from JL Chew. <a hr...

ignore test PGP 1162792097.82 #34
igrnore. this is a testfile, please disregard ...

dll example
Can someone give me an example of a dll? I've never written one. Do you use dllmain() or winmain()? I know you have to export at least one function too. Bill -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =----- "Bill Cunningham" <nospam@net> wrote in message news:3fb5604f$1_4@corp.newsgroups.com... > Can someone give me an example of a dll? I've never written one. Do you use > dllmain() or winmain()?...

test #4
This is a test. you failed. On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 23:09:31 +0000, Boer Attila Laszlo wrote: > This is a test. Begin <slrnctrhed.356.boera@solaris.brasov.rdsnet.ro> On 2005-01-06, Boer Attila Laszlo <boera@rdslink.ro> wrote: > This is a test. FAILED. You should not post test messages here, but in the various *.test newsgroups. Please. -- j p d (at) d s b (dot) t u d e l f t (dot) n l . And off you go, read rfc1855 and other netiquette stuff too before posting. ...

Examples of Ambiguous CFG's and Languages
Hi, Can anybody show me a sorce for some ambiguous Context Free Grammars and Languages ( other than the famous one or two available in all the books)? Thanks jalal++ Seyyed Jalal Kazemitabar a �crit : > Hi, > Can anybody show me a sorce for some ambiguous Context Free Grammars > and Languages ( other than the famous one or two available in all the > books)? > Thanks > jalal++ have a look to np -> np gadj np -> det n np -> n np -> np gp gp -> prep np gadj -> adj adj -> [americain] (american) det -> [le] (the) n -> [joueur] (player) n -> footbal...

Quaternions
Hi There Given two quaternions q_1 , q_2 I would like to decide the angle of rotation between the quaternions. By that I mean the angle \theta we get between a vector r rotated with q_1 respectively q_2. I can do it the hard way and compute arccos \theta = q_1 (0,r) q_1^* \cdot q_2 (0,r) q_2^*, assuming r is a unit vector. But this gives a quite lengthy equation. I have a feeling that I missed something and there should be an easier way out which are geometric intuitive, and only is based on q_1, q_2. Thanks Niels Niels Ebsen Boldt <boldt@diku.dk> wrote: > Hi There > Given two...

[News] [Rival] Real Life Example of Windows Vista Nuisance
Vista piracy the least of Microsoft's problems ,----[ Quote ] | Shortly after installing Vista, I received messages about having 30 days and | counting down left to activate my copy of Vista. I was directed to an | activation page on Microsoft's website and proceeded to follow the | instructions to enter the ridiculously long activation key. When I finished | and pressed the activate button, I was informed that my activation key was | invalid so I would have to call Microsoft support. `---- http://www.itwire.com/content/view/15672/1023/ The most recent revision turned Vist...

need help with overview of popular testing packages
Hi I need to show my students some automated testing in action. We are talking small, classroom type exercises here - enter record via GUI, perform various checks on fields, highlight incorrect info, write record - that sort of thing. Can anyone recommend the best sw to show them the basics? many thanks mystraightroad wrote: > I need to show my students some automated testing in action. We are > talking small, classroom type exercises here - enter record via GUI, > perform various checks on fields, highlight incorrect info, write > record - that sort of thing. > > Can...

Re: Testing RW in SAS
Well, based on what you have mentioned, I believe that you are trying to do a random walk with drift testing. Think about it this way, you are testing a random series of number that seems to drift based on prior observations. Not sure whether I am right on this. Sorry but I am not a time series expert. Regards, Murphy On Sat, Apr 4, 2009 at 12:14 AM, Priyanka Singh < priyanka.priyankasingh@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi all, > > I am asking very simple question. Please excuse me for my ignorance. I am > unable to understand from the SAS help file, what is the null for the > fo...

Demo/example/tutorial for streaming/dynamic VBOs?
Are there any demos/examples/tutorials for using streaming or dynamic VBOs? (ie. for which data changes every frame) I've had no problem getting high performance with static VBO (specified once, used many times), but I've been unable to get dynamic or streaming VBOs to work even as fast as immediate instructions (glBegin/glVertex/etc.). All the VBO demos I found were using static VBOs exclusively... Thanks for any links/hints! Eric ...

xPC Target test 5 FAILED
Hello. Please, help me. I am using Matlab 6.5 with xPC Target 2.0 and connecting the host and industrial target computer (Advantech) through RS-232. When I run the command xpctest I receive the following message: ### xPC Target Test Suite 2.0 ### Host-Target interface is: RS232 COM1 ### Test 1, Ping target system using standard ping: ... SKIPPED ### Test 2, Ping target system using xpctargetping: ... OK ### Test 3, Reboot target using direct call: ... SKIPPED ### Test 4, Build and download xPC Target application using model xpcosc: ... OK ### Test 5, Check host-target communication for comm...

US-TX-Austin: Sr Test/Product Eng., Mixed-signal Eng., ATE Platforms; Perm (45344857607)
US-TX-Austin: Sr Test/Product Eng., Mixed-signal Eng., ATE Platforms; Perm (45344857607) ======================================================================================== Position: Sr Test/Product Eng. Reference: SMC01826 Location: Austin TX Duration: Perm Skills: BS in Electrical or Computer Engineering required 5+yrs exp in mixed-signal Product, Test, or Applications Engineering Exp with mixed-signal ATE platforms (Teradyne, Agilent, LTX, or Credence) Exp with mixed-signal lab equ...

testing 123
testing 123 ...

Chi square test
HI there, I would like to operate a Chi square test to know if two time series are in good agreement after a regression model. Do you know if to calculate the observed and the expected frequencies, a simple histo_plot could work ? Thanks Cheers ...

Segmentation fault during make test of HTTPD-User-Manage-1.61 : untie probleme
Hi all, I've got problemes trying to install HTTPD::UserAdmin. It segfault on t/03dbm.t gdb show that's in the Perl_pp_untie: Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault. 0x080c0246 in Perl_pp_untie () (gdb) bt #0 0x080c0246 in Perl_pp_untie () #1 0x08097090 in Perl_runops_standard () #2 0x0805cdca in perl_call_sv () #3 0x0805cb96 in perl_call_sv () #4 0x080a269d in Perl_sv_clear () #5 0x080a2bae in Perl_sv_free () #6 0x080a67b0 in Perl_sv_vcatpvfn () #7 0x0809d3ab in Perl_sv_add_arena () #8 0x0809d3fe in Perl_sv_clean_objs () #9 0x0805ab30 in perl...