raised cosine distribution

Hi everybody,

I currently have a program that enables the user to enter
coordinates and have a sphere drawn at those sets of
coordinates.  Is there any way that I can replace the
spheres that have a user-determined position with a raised
cosine distribution that will go in the same spot as the
spheres?

Thanks a lot!

Sarah
comp.soft-sys.matlab 209987 articles. 11 followers. lunamoonmoon (258) is leader. Post Follow

"Sarah Clarkson" <sarahclarkson_123@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
<f9chp1$l95$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> Hi everybody,
>
> I currently have a program that enables the user to enter
> coordinates and have a sphere drawn at those sets of
> coordinates.  Is there any way that I can replace the
> spheres that have a user-determined position with a raised
> cosine distribution that will go in the same spot as the
> spheres?

So you have some code that you wrote that
plots a sphere at some user driven location.
You now want it to plot something else, of
your own specification.

Is there any way to do it? Yes. Change your
code.

Whats the problem?

Good programming practice would have had
you look ahead when you wrote the code,
realizing that one day you might wish to
modify the code, realizing that modular code
makes these changes much easier. Then you
might only have had to swap in one simple
module. Modular code is good for many
other reasons, but this is a good example.

John
0
woodchips (7943)