raised cosine distribution

Hi everybody,

I currently have a program that enables the user to enter
coordinates and have a sphere drawn at those sets of
coordinates.  Is there any way that I can replace the
spheres that have a user-determined position with a raised
cosine distribution that will go in the same spot as the
spheres?

Thanks a lot!

Sarah
comp.soft-sys.matlab 207033 articles. 0 followers. lunamoonmoon (258) is leader. Post Follow

"Sarah Clarkson" <sarahclarkson_123@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
<f9chp1$l95$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> Hi everybody,
>
> I currently have a program that enables the user to enter
> coordinates and have a sphere drawn at those sets of
> coordinates.  Is there any way that I can replace the
> spheres that have a user-determined position with a raised
> cosine distribution that will go in the same spot as the
> spheres?

So you have some code that you wrote that
plots a sphere at some user driven location.
You now want it to plot something else, of
your own specification.

Is there any way to do it? Yes. Change your
code.

Whats the problem?

Good programming practice would have had
you look ahead when you wrote the code,
realizing that one day you might wish to
modify the code, realizing that modular code
makes these changes much easier. Then you
might only have had to swap in one simple
module. Modular code is good for many
other reasons, but this is a good example.

John
0
woodchips (7942)

Raising volume of a midi file
I have some midi files and I want to raise their volumes. How can I do that? "Pink_isn't_well" <nosmapplease@somewhere.com> wrote in message news:Xns953ED7E114FF4t45fs6vve@130.133.1.4... > I have some midi files and I want to raise their volumes. How can I do > that? Insert a MIDI CC controller # 7 event = 127 (or 128 depending on synth) at the very beginning of each channel of the file "ghost" <ghost@ghost.net> wrote on Sat, 07 Aug 2004 21:59:03 GMT in comp.music.midi: > Insert a MIDI CC controller # 7 event = 127 (or 128 depending on >...

DDR DIMM clock distribution
Hi I'm using Cyclone II EP2C8 in PQFP208 package and DDR DIMM. And I'm wondering how to distribute clock signal. DIMM has 6 clock signals (3 differential pairs). I figure out two solution: 1. Use differential output PLL_OUT and split signals to three DIMM input. 2. Use 6 general purpose FPGA IO to distribute three pairs of clock and shifted clock. (This IO pins will be single-ended not differential) Which soulution is better and will have lower skew to other DDR signals? Or maybe do that on different way? -- PGW On Tue, 9 Oct 2007 18:04:12 +0200, pgw <"SwietyMikolaj[&quo...

MCI Accepts Qwest's Raised Offer; Verizon May Raise Bid
Telecom dailyLead from USTA April 25, 2005 http://www.dailylead.com/latestIssue.jsp?i=21077&l=2017006 TODAY'S HEADLINES NEWS OF THE DAY * MCI accepts Qwest's raised offer; Verizon may raise bid BUSINESS & INDUSTRY WATCH * Report: Motorola mulls Siemens investment * RIM's success has spawned new challenges * Virgin hires Merrill, Credit Suisse for wireless IPO * Time Warner plans to upgrade Adelphia assets * SBC reports earnings USTA SPOTLIGHT * USTA Webinar: USAC High Cost Beneficiary Audit Process-Tomorrow, 1:00 ET EMERGING TECHNOLOGIES * Fujitsu unv...

generate random number for certain distribution #2
Hi, As we know that Matlab can generate random number with several command. I need to generate random value for the following gamma distribution: f(D)=No*D^m*exp(-L*D); No, m and L will be assumed. I need to generate randomly distributed D in size of 0<D<10 that follows the above distribution. Do you have idea to do it in matlab? Thanks for your help Cheers jq ...

TRANSPOSE and Analysis of the Distribution
Hi SAS-L, I have a dataset with 30,958 cases of burglary reported to the police during a one year period. I am interested in how many burglaries occured at each unique address. Since my unit of analysis was burglary reports (each of which contains an addresses), I ran PROC TRANSPOSE so I could find out how many times each address shows up in the dataset. So now I have a transposed dataset containing 32 variables: COL1...COL30, Address, and _Name_. I'd like to create a variable called "Num_Burgs" (which combines COL1...COL30) so that I could analyze its distribution and detrmi...

Anyone been able to raise Steve Adams at oracle-l?
Been having a problem with posting, have emailed him twice with two different email addresses, no reply, nothing. Is he OK? Probably still in the US from the OOW? On Oct 24, 8:20=A0am, Noons <wizofo...@yahoo.com.au> wrote: > Been having a problem with posting, have emailed him twice with two diffe= rent > email addresses, no reply, nothing. > Is he OK? =A0Probably still in the US from the OOW? Mark Bobak posted on Oracle-L that Steve has granted him the ability to handle many routine Oracle-L activities such as granting posting privileges. Try contacking Mark if the issue i...

Creating a Frequency Distribution with Three Vars
data one; input x y z; cards; .. . . 1 . . 1 2 . .. 2 2 1 1 1 1 1 2 1 1 3 1 2 1 1 2 2 1 2 3 1 3 1 1 3 2 1 3 3 2 1 1 2 1 2 2 1 3 2 2 1 2 2 2 2 2 3 2 3 1 2 3 2 2 3 3 3 1 1 3 1 2 3 1 3 3 2 1 3 2 2 3 2 3 3 3 1 3 3 2 3 3 3 ; I want to create a table AND a dataset that looks like this: X-count Y-count Z-count Blank 2 2 3 1 11 9 9 2 9 11 ...

unable to begin a distributed transaction (Msg 7391)
I am receiving the following error when I run a stored procedure: Server: Msg 7391, Level 16, State 1, Procedure spXXXX The SP inserts data into a local (sql 2000) table from a remote sql 2000 database. The SP works fine until I add a trigger to the destination. The contents of the trigger do not appear to matter, as I have tried removing everything but one line, which is just a declare statement. Updating the table with the trigger (even the full trigger) in place does not cause an error. Running the SP without the trigger on the table does not cause the error. I have the exact same setup o...

Asking for a raise, What am I worth?
I have an AAS in computer technology. I have been at my current job with the title of "Programmer-Analyst" for 2 years. I work for a small business. I am proficient with Visual Basic 6 & VBA, Java, Mentor (industry specific language of the CfMC software package), Merlin (industry specific language/software), and HTML. I also have a basic knowledge of C/C++, SQL, C#, VB.Net, COBOL, Pascal, and Assembler (MIPPS) programming. In these 2 years I have been at my current job I have developed several VBA programs to use with Access (Our database we use), Excel, and Word that has impro...

beta distribution
Hi all, I am trying to build a vairable x named, with a distribution beta with different a & b values but I need to fix de mean into 100 value, do you please can provide me the way to get it... Many thanks data tabla(drop=registro); do order=1 to 1000; x = round(60+150*rand('beta',4,4)); output; end; run; --------------------------------- Correo Yahoo! Comprueba qu� es nuevo, aqu� http://correo.yahoo.es ...

SN#12751 Solaris[TM] Operating System to be Distributed by Rackable Systems
SYSTEM NEWS FOR SUN USERS Vol 74 Issue 1 2004-04-05 Article 12751 from section "News" Extending the Solaris OS to Third-party x86 Systems Rackable Systems will distribute the Solaris[TM] Operating System (Solaris OS) for x86 platforms on their industry-first, thermally efficient servers, including AMD Opteron and Intel Xeon processor-based systems. The servers from Rackable Systems can provide twice the density of standard rack-mount solutions with only half the form factor depth. Rackable Systems manufactur...

Digital Raising Edge using cfp-300
Hi, &nbsp; Raising Pulse / Positive&nbsp;Pulse &nbsp;and Falling Pulse/ Negative Pulse. &nbsp; I put this dummy question different time in different ways but still there is no answer. &nbsp; I am using cFP-300 (Digital input module). As in other PLC programming softwares there are options that they have Pulse option, whenever there is activity (acquisition) of data from field device, they can generate a Positive Rising Pulse if input goes High (1) and Negative Pulse, if input goes Low (0). &nbsp; It is necessary for my projects as i have to activate my output based on t...

Re: Persistent Distributed Objects
Sorry about being interpreted as being vague. `et me try to narrow it down.= program a creates objects b c d which each need to use 1 disk space 2 ram = 3 processor time. I would like to create a heckpoint which would save the w= ork of the object to be later used and then delete it from memory [which I = assume from reading about them implimented elsewhere is more or less how th= ey work]. The other part would be to assign the objects via a network depen= ding on the number of network machines. I.e. suppose b c and d see machines= e f g on a network they can send those machines objects b c ...

Can I put a Distribution List in the Whitelist Exception file for a Content Control Definition File?
Can I put a Distribution List in the Whitelist Exception file for a Content Control Definition File? I would like to do this instead of trying to maintain the Whitelist Exception File with numerous addresses that are already in my Distribution List which is essentially a duplication of my personal address book. Thank you. :-) > Can I put a Distribution List in the Whitelist Exception file for a > Content Control Definition File? > > I would like to do this instead of trying to maintain the Whitelist > Exception File with numerous addresses that are already in m...

[News] [Rival] More Spying and More Data Breaches Raise Concerns
Federal Chancellor supports Schäuble's stance on domestic security ,----[ Quote ] | The Federal Chancellor had moreover again voiced her support for Mr. | Schäuble's demand that within the context of the upcoming amendment of the | Federal Criminal Police Office (BKA) Act a sound legal basis for | surreptitious online searches of PCs be created. `---- http://www.heise.de/english/newsticker/news/92539/from/rss09 They have had plans. They want to install Windows spyware on all PCs. U.K. commissioner blames CEOs for data breaches ,----[ Quote ] | The United Kingdom...

PLEASE HELP- Automate SAS Report Distribution by E-Mail
Hello Friends: I need help creating a SAS macro (about which I really know very little) that would read report id, sender's name, recepient's e-mail address, subject, attach a report and include a message. This information will be stored in a list called distribution_list.sas. At present we are running this following code inside each pogram that generates each report that is being e-mailed. There will be more than 1 receipient for some reports. We have bout 20 reports that needs to be sent daily. ODS HTML close; FILENAME outbox EMAIL From=abcd@xyzcompany.com TO= (pqr@xyzcompany.c...

Raised text
I need to add raised text and a raised logo to a surface. The surface is not flat, it curves in all directions. I created a curve in the shape of the logo (for simplicity, lets say that it is a triangle) as a sketched curve on a datum plane in front of the surface. then I projected the logo curves onto the surface. I tried to "OFFSET" the projected curve, to get the raised thickness. It works if set to "along surface", but when set to "normal to the surface" (what I want), it only offsets one of the curve lines. Because the surface is not planer, I can'...

Fitting time series using an annual sine and cosine
Hi, I'm working with GRACE data and I want to fit the monthly time series using an annual sine and cosine, and semi-annual sine and cosine. On Tuesday, December 4, 2012 3:27:08 PM UTC+13, University wrote: > Hi, > > I'm working with GRACE data and I want to fit the monthly time series using an annual sine and cosine, and semi-annual sine and cosine. Say your data are in column vector y which represents nmon months of data: dtm=365.25/12; % Interval in days t=[0:nmon-1]'*dtm; wSat=2*pi/365.25*t; wSsat=2*pi/(365.25/2)*t; A=[cos(wSat) sin(wSat) cos(wSsat) ...

advataga of Root Raised Cosine pulse shaping over Raised Cosine pulse shaping????
hi all I've done a MATLAB simulation project on 16 QAM with Raised Cosine an Root Raised Cosine pulse shaping... the doubt that i'm not able to digest is what are the additiona advantages offered by root raised cosine pulse shaping filter over raise cosine pulse shaping filter.. i heard from many people and even my guide says that root raised cosin filters are preferred to raised cosine filters for practica purposes...(Is it true really??) even theoretically both the filters are stated to be equivalent.... is it for any practical implementation reasons ?? if so what are they?? plea...

BEGIN TRANSACTION or BEGIN DISTRIBUTED TRANSACTION
Hi have have two linked SQL Servers and I am trying to get things working smootly/quickly. Should I be using 'BEGIN TRANSACTION' or 'BEGIN DISTRIBUTED TRANSACTION' ? Basicly, these SPs update a local table and a remote table in the same transaction. I cant have one table updated and not the other. Please dont say replicate the tables either as at this time, this is is not an option. I have for example a number of stored procedures that are based around the following: where ACSMSM is a remote (linked) SQL Server. procedure [psm].ams_Update_VFE @strResult varchar(8) =...

Test if the distribution is Cauchy distribution
Is there anyone who knows how to test if a dataset comes from a Cauchy distribution with MATLAB? Jack wrote: > Is there anyone who knows how to test if a dataset comes from a > Cauchy distribution with MATLAB? Jack, if you have access to the Statistics Toolbox, you can use TCDF with KSTEST or CHI2GOF to test the fully specified null hypothesis of a Cauchy distribution. You can also use the Distribution Fitting Tool to fit a t-location scale family, and see what you get for the degrees of freedom parameter, although that tool uses maximum likelihood to fit models, and maximum like...

semi-random distribution
I am trying to model a distribution of objects in a liquid and I am seeking a baseline model to start with or some advice on my approach. (heterogeneous mixture) For example: Objects: rocks (shaped as arrows [->]) (density = y) liquid: jelly (density = x) in a bucket Description: Pour rocks in liquid and mix with a rotational velocity (z) {heterogeneous mixture}. I want the rocks to be randomly distributed throughout the bucket of jelly. I want to model the distribution of the rocks based on the density, velocity, and size of objects and liquid. I also want to model the directio...

Re: draw a normal distribution (also lognormal)
Thanks. one more question, how can i use QQ plot to check the mormality of generate= d sample in this case? Thanks again. On 10/4/05, Venita DePuy <depuy001@notes.duke.edu> wrote: > > I believe the following will create a normal distribution (with mean 0 an= d > std dev 1) Note that it looks much more normal if you use 1000 points, > etc. > If you want to get particular, you can have Proc Univariate draw in lines > for what a normal and/or lognormal distribution, with the mean/std dev of > the data, should look like. > > data file1; > do i =3D 1 to 100; &...

heatmap Re: how to generate random data from uniform distribution?
thanks, Dale. This is exactly what i need. btw, i recently work on a project that require heatmap. I search the whole list and, if i remember correctly, you post a sas macro here for heat map. I run it, it works perfectly. You seem to use proc gcontour then. I tried to add cursor pop- up by using html= in the plot option but failed. Do you think gcontour does not accommodate html option? do you know any other graphic procedure can create heatmap that accommodate html options? thanks. > >Xin Wei, > >You are a little non-specific about the requirements here. You >indicate in you...

_conditionally_ returning to point where exception was raised?
Hi I'm new to Python and would like to know if the following is possible. Say I have one lower-level object A and one user-interface object B. Suppose B.CallingMethod() calls A.CalledMethod(), the latter method stumbles upon an IO error and raises an exception. The calling method detects the exception, but needs to get input from the user before deciding whether A.CalledMethod() should continue being executed or permantently stop/cancel the execution of the remaining code in A.CalledMethod(). Can this be done? What I would like to know is if the calling method is allowed to "decide...