Random file in a file

I am trying to take a random file from a folder
what can I do to get random to find a file but not numbers?
0
Baldvin

On Tue, 20 Oct 2015 19:24:03 +0000, Baldvin Vigfússon wrote:

> I am trying to take a random file from a folder what can I do to get
> random to find a file but not numbers?

You could get a list of files in the folder, generate a random integer
between 1 and the number of files, then use that RN to index the file list.

Bruce
0
bbowler

how to call matlab file to another matlab file
Hey friends, i am working on simulation of power system using matlab. for that i have written codes for generation side and line side separately. Now i want to use the result of generation file to line file....so how can i use the result of one file to another.... eg i have gen.m file from that i can get hourly gen data....now i want to compare that data to line.....and line modelling is done in separate file line.m so i want to call result of gen.m file to line.m file..... waiting for ur valuable suggestion thanks ...

load5
As a solution to some posts a while ago about reading compressed matlab 7 files in matlab 6, i posted load5 to the file exchange (7734) which does this. Note that the "Other Requirements" field on the FX is outdated as the zip file has both windows and linux versions and DOES search the matlab path if the file is not found in the current directory. ...

file.exe file generation from file.m file
How to generate application (*.exe) file from *.m file, which has lots of graphics. Program was written for image watermarking by using image processing toolbox. I want to send this program some where else but with out sowing the program codes. By this *.exe no need to use matlab6.5 platform. Also tell me How to generate *.p file from *.m file Which is hide the code to user but for run this program need matlab6.5 Please give me some idea about it. it is very urgent for me. I will be very great full to you "Biswajit Kar" <hibiswajitkar@rediffmail.com> wrote in message ne...

MATLAB files (M-files)
Hello All, Could anyone explain with me why MATLAB files (M-files) execute slower than compiled written in other languages such as C,C++ and Fortran? Give me the significant slow of M-files to be compiled Thank you. ...

Matlab files to Grams files
Hello; Is there a way to convert Matlab files to Grams .spc files? -Chad Hi, did you see GSTools in the File EXchange ? <http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/loadFile.do?objectId=9938&objectType=file> J�r�me ...

How to set path for .M files. How to include, and verify a file in the MATLAB path. In other words I wish to learn how to setup the path for .M file in MATLAB path? Thanks.
undefined ...

How to set path for .M files. How to include, and verify a file in the MATLAB path. In other words I wish to learn how to setup the path for .M file in MATLAB path? Thanks. #2
undefined ...

can generated random files be distinguished from true random files ?
Hi, Is there a way to distinguish a regular random file from a generated random file (seed+prng,encryption, etc ..) without brute forcing, if the only thing you have is the resulting output file. Or is this something that is theoretically impossible? If not, in what direction should I look for information on this? Thanks for any help. SuperFly <spam@hotmail.com> writes: > Hi, > > Is there a way to distinguish a regular random file from a generated > random file (seed+prng,encryption, etc ..) without brute forcing, if > the only thing you have is the resulting output f...

file extention from file file location
Hi, I am new to perl (only working on this one problem) but I program in other languages. We have an upload script written in cgi. Can anyone tell me how to get the file extension from the variable $File1 (actual file location on uploader's computer) then find out if it is equal to "txt" Thanks in advance for not telling me to read the manual. Ron -- PLEASE NOTE: comp.infosystems.www.authoring.cgi is a SELF-MODERATED newsgroup. aa.net and boutell.com are NOT the originators of the articles and are NOT responsible for their content. HOW TO POST to co...

Matlab freezes for a short while when saving an m-file, then overwrites m-file with blank file
I'm having a problem with saving files in Matlab. Every so often Matlab freezes for a short while when saving an m-file, then overwrites m-file with blank file and shows this in the Editor window. All the code is gone and I am left with an empty file, saved over the top of my file with the same name. I am saving to a network drive and it happens to both me and my colleague. It also happen in multiple versions of Matlab. Any ideas? So far the best I have been able to do is make sure autosave is turned on and copy the contents of the autosave into the blank file, meaning I only lose a ...

Iteration through File.file? misses entries for which File.file?(entry) == true
Hello everyone, I'm new to Ruby, so I'm most likely making an elementary mistake. However, searching Google didn't help me find my answer, and after mucking around with irb I still haven't figured it out. I wrote a method that was intended to take all of the files in a given directory and put them into an array. Here's the code I wrote: def getFiles(dir) pwdFiles = Array.new Dir.foreach(dir) do |entry| pwdFiles.push(entry) if File.file?(entry) == true end end This works fine when called on the working directory --- that is, getFile...

Convert MatLab-files into Xfig files
Hello, Can you please help me on the following? I know that the .fig format of MatLab and Xfig are different though have the same endings. Nontheless I would like to convert my pictures from MatLab into Xfig pictures to edit them further - if possible. If it isn't possible, then does someone of you know which (well known) program I can use to draw graphs and convert them into xfig? Is it possible for Mathematica? Kind regards Lena Malinowski Hello Lena, you can use gnuplot to draw graphs (http://www.gnuplot.info/) and save them to xfig FIG files. Or you can use the program pstoedit (...

Converting matlab file to executable file
Hi i need to convert matlab file(m file) to exe file.I tried using "mcc -m a.m" command. But in my pragram i have used neural network and saved the network as .mat extention. I couldnt include the network in the executable file. Kindly help me out. Thank you, Priyadarisini "priyadarisini " <priyabme@yahoo.com> wrote in message <hpeidl$k4u$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Hi i need to convert matlab file(m file) to exe file.I tried using "mcc -m a.m" command. But in my pragram i have used neural network and saved the network as .mat extention. I couldn...

converting fortran files to matlab files
hi there all, i was wondering if it would be easy or possible to coverting fortran files into matlab files. i have some data that was created in fortran but i really need to work on that data in matlab, i m using matlab version 6.5. if anyone knows and can point me in the correct direction, i would be very grateful, Thank u for ure time Tapan Hi, You have to write mex files : Read this : <http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/matlab_external/ch06engi.html> J�r�me I don't understand....... You say: i was wondering if it would be easy or possible to coverting f...

Web resources about - Random file in a file - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Synchronous dynamic random-access memory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Synchronous dynamic random access memory ( SDRAM ) is dynamic random access memory (DRAM) that is synchronized with the system bus . Classic ...

Martin Bevan was the victim of a random ‘one hit’ attack that destroyed his life
MARTIN Bevan earned $125,000 a year, drove an $80,000 Chrysler and lived a life of luxury. Then he was out one night and that all changed.

Mark Zuckerberg has debunked the rumour he's giving his fortune away to random Facebook users
We've all seen it — the post claiming that Mark Zuckerberg is giving away his fortune to a select group of random Facebook users. All you have ...

A Few Random Comments on December Existing Home Sales
Everyone expected a rebound in existing home sales in December. The key reason for the decline in November was the new TILA-RESPA Integrated ...

Kat Von D and Steve-O are dating: random couple or makes sense?
I know it's crazy that I became a clean and sober, hybrid-driving, animal-rescuing vegan who's super into meditating, but I'm glad I did. I'm ...

TSA Stepping Up Random Security Screenings For Airport Workers
... That scenario will likely be less and less frequent around the country as the Transportation Security Administration plans to increase random ...

NYPD Officers Pull Over Random Families, Give Them Christmas Gifts
NYPD Officers Pull Over Random Families, Give Them Christmas Gifts

Unknown Guys In Liverpool Shirts Beat Random Lower League Team In FA Cup
Well, it just had to be him, didn’t it. Yes, while Premier League giants Liverpool went 2-1 down to the ... non-giants, I presume, of ... some ...

Final Fantasy IX on PC will have the option to turn off random encounters
... like Final Fantasy VII on PS4, but it's appreciated. A lot of classic JRPGs are just that classic but the time sink involved with high random ...

Brussels wants you to make internet calls to random locals
Brussels is having a tough time lately. While it's the effective capital of the European Union and famous for its street art, the combination ...