Removing Unwanted objects from a image

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hi,

Can anyone point me in the right direction to some tutorials,
examples or programs where unwanted objects are removed from a
image?. Is this kind of thing has already been carried out?

Regards
Peter
0
Reply get4peterin (1) 10/28/2005 12:59:59 AM

See related articles to this posting

help me to remove unwanted object from image
after using canny algo. for edge detection I found there are many other unwanted objects, so what can i do to live only the wanted object in the image. mufid wrote: > > > after using canny algo. for edge detection I found there are many > other unwanted objects, so what can i do to live only the wanted > object in the image. How do we know what features are important to you, and those you wish to discard? Without this information there is very little that can be done to help you. What you have to do is determine features that differ between the wanted objects and your 'no...

removing an object from an image
As above, is there code about that, for example, removes a sheep from a field and replaces it with the grass around it. IE compares pixels with others and replaces them to create desired effect. cheers Nick In article <ef18bbb.-1@webx.raydaftYaTP>, nick <nky_84@hotmail.com> wrote: > As above, is there code about that, for example, removes a sheep from > a field and replaces it with the grass around it. > > IE compares pixels with others and replaces them to create desired > effect. A tool that specifically finds sheep in a field might be interesting. Though i...

Removing objects in an image
Hi Im new to Matlab, i hope some one could help me. I have an image which has musical notes in which i have to remove the staff lines & show only the staff notes. lease some help me out? ...

removing unwanted objects
Hi, can anyone tell me how can i remove unwanted objects from image? On Jun 13, 7:17=A0am, "joveria " <capricon_ji...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hi, > can anyone tell me how can i remove unwanted objects from image? ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Lots of ways. If it's a binary image, you can use bwareaopen (which does a size filtering after it did regionprops on the image), or you can use imclearborder (to get rid of binary blobs touching the edge of the image), or you can call regionprops and do filtering. This latter method is ...

How to remove small objects from binary images
I have a binary image containing many disconnected objects. What's the fastest way to remove objects whose pixel count is less than some threshold? At the moment I'm doing it by labeling the regions using bwlabel (image processing toolbox) and then looping through all the label values and finding out the pixel count of each one and then removing it if it's less than the threshold. This is slow and I need it to be fast because I'm doing this on each frame of a video. I thought about using an erosion technique but I don't want to erode the edges of any of the big objects. T...

removing large objects from a binary image
All, I'm wondering if anyone knows of a function or method to remove large objects from a binary image...what I want is something similar to bwareaopen, which removes images will less than a specified number of pixels, but in reverse. Thanks in advance for any help If nothing else I think you could subtract the bwareaopen from the original image and get only the larger ones... Daphne "Robert Maidhof" <rtm2001@columbia.edu> wrote in message <fub16i$jaf$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > All, I'm wondering if anyone knows of a function or meth...

removing large objects from a binary image #2
All, I'm wondering if anyone knows of a function or method to remove large objects from a binary image...what I want is something similar to bwareaopen, which removes images will less than a specified number of pixels, but in reverse. Thanks in advance for any help In article <fub16i$jag$1@fred.mathworks.com>, Robert Maidhof <rtm2001@columbia.edu> wrote: >All, I'm wondering if anyone knows of a function or method >to remove large objects from a binary image...what I want >is something similar to bwareaopen, which removes images >will less than...

Remove small objects from binary image without erode.
Is there a function that removes objects binary image based only on their pixel area? I want to maintain lines, so erode or close is out of the question. Planning on using region props and check each area region, but that seems slow and inefficient... Tks On Dec 15, 7:17=A0pm, "Ironic Prata" <lixodoiro...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Is there a function that removes objects binary image based only on their= pixel area? > > I want to maintain lines, so erode or close is out of the question. Plann= ing on using region props and check each area region, but that s...

Can I remove unwanted lv and fs in /image.data before running mksysb?
Hello All, In the rootvg of our system, another admin guy create two logical volumes that I don't want to have it in the boot-tape. Can I remove them from /image.data (all their associated lv_data and fs_data stanzas) before running mksysb? Furthermore, I cannot un-mount the file systems that are associated with these two lv in rootvg? Or is/are there any better way to create a booted tape w/o unwanted lv/fs? Thanks for all your help, Bob. Hi, you may have a look to /etc/exclude.rootvg. In this file you can specify filesystems to be excluded from mksysb with regular expression form...

Removing Duplicate Objects from Object List
Greetings all. Does anyone have a good idea of how to write a loop that checks if two objects are equal? By "equal" here I refer to the 'eql' method, to test if the objects have the same value. I have set of Rule objects that will be stored in a RuleList object. I know how to cycle through the RuleList. I'm just doing this: $ruleList.selection.each { |rule| ... } The problem is that I need to go through each rule and check if it is equal to *any* of the other rules that are in the list. If a duplicate is found, one of the duplicate rules should be removed. Eve...

Image onload handler
Good day In an image onload handler, how do I access the image that just loaded? If the image is attached to the document, I can access it using the field window.event.srcElement. But I really don't want to attach the image to the document until it has loaded (I plan to use it to replace an existing visible low-res version of the same image). The onload handler is called for the unattached image, but the window.event.srcElement is NULL. I'm using IE 6.0, but I need a cross-browser solution. Cheers! Roger Shrubber wrote: <snip> > If the image is attached to the document, ...

color image segmentation, counting objects in image
HI, I have a got a image of containing red cells and white blood cells. http://drop.io./cellpic Now in that image i want to count objects i.e circular objects in red excluding a big object in purple colour . So i tried converting it into a gray image. But when i converted into gray image even the big object was also converted .still i continued, I tried detecting edges using sobel. Then tried to close the boundaries at the edges and filled it with imfill function. by using bwarea() of one object and area of total image ,I tried to get the no of cells. but instead in process I ...

Exporting images (ole object) from access to images folderfolder
Hello All Is there an easy way to do this? I have a database that contains records witha image as one of the fields, what I want to do is export the images to a seperate folder, in whatever foremat is suitable (gif, jpeg etc) But i can't work out how to do this This is all the information i have The original database was made using access 97, (I have Access 2003) I have tried using the ole to disk function thingie mentioned in an earlier post (2002) http://www.lebans.com/oletodisk.htm But it keeps coming up with "sorry this OLE Object contains an unsupported format, Please sele...

Image Processing: How to remove shades/reflection/shadow on an image
Hi all, I have a question to ask. I am doing a project to detect signboard in an image. After detecting the signboard, I need to perform image enhancement techniques on the image. The reason for that is after detecting the signboard, it has some shadows of other images on the signboard. For example, the signboard is partially covered by something which has some shades on it. Another exmaple is the signboard has the shadow of tree leaves on it. so, how can I actually remove all this things from the signboard image? I am stuck with this problem and do not know how to proceed on wit thi...

unite areas in logic image / find object in image
Hello! I'm doing a kind of image-recognition, searching a still image for an object with a certain color(i.g. a ball). Up to now I separated the colored-area via logical value-decisions in the RGB-matrix (e.g. R>20 & G<....) My problem is, that nearly always appear more than 1 region of matching pixels. Trying to reunite them with bwmorph-actions does't seem to be an effective solution. Anyone could help me finding a fast and more effective solution? Thanks in advance, tobias ...

Image Processing,remove the cells attached to the image order
I have to remove blood cells that touch the image border. i. e because to count the number of cells, need to have only full blood cell. RGB = imread('im2.jpg'); imshow(RGB) I = rgb2gray(RGB); threshold = graythresh(I); bw = im2bw(I,threshold); BW2 = imclearborder(bw); imshow(BW2); but the figure removes the blood cells which dont touch the border even and also gives odd shape for the remaining blood cells :( Can someone please help me with this to remove ONLY the blood cells touching the Image border. thanx On Jun 6, 6:25=A0am, "punsisi some" <punsisisomara...@yahoo...

The images have been removed.
The copyrighted images that were being used without permission have been removed from http://www.schestowitz.com/roy/ Roy Schestowitz roy.schestowitz@yahoo.com wrote: > The copyrighted images that were being used without permission have > been removed from > http://www.schestowitz.com/roy/ > Roy Schestowitz Hi flatfish Still using that open relay in poland, I see And still nothing of value to contribute How about telling us all about your "returned" Mandrake story? Or your "legal" XP installation? -- Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people...

How to reach a document.images.<image> object from an Applet?
Dear all, I would like to be able to manipulate an image contained in a website using an Applet. In order to do so I have to get the image inside the Applet. My idea is to expose a public method in my Applet which is called when the web page is loaded (i.e. onLoad) The following is some pseudo code explaining what I'd like to do. If this is at all possible, what type should the parameter for the passImage method have and what properties for the document.images.picture should I send? The image format could be of any common type (i.e. .gif, .jpg and maybe some more) Thanks, /Anders _____...

Removing object
Hello, I have a Box object in my scene: BG --> TG --> TG1 --> Box which i want to remove. I tried: TG1.removeChild(Box) and the result is RestrictedAccessException. What do i do wrong? Thank you for any help. Greetings, seatizen@wp.pl Wha does exceptionEobject.getMessage() return ? "seatizen" <seatizen@wp.pl> wrote in message news:<c0d1tn$753$1@atlantis.news.tpi.pl>... > Hello, > I have a Box object in my scene: > BG --> TG --> TG1 --> Box > which i want to remove. I tried: TG1.removeChild(Box) and the result is > RestrictedAccessExce...

How to remove a image.
Hi everyone, so i have this code im = imread('hand.jpg'); h= imshow(im); im1 = imread('hand1.jpg'); hold on; h= imshow(im1); set(h, 'AlphaData', 0.15); I superimposed two images, but what i want to do now, is to remove the imposed image. Does anyone knows how to do it? Jorge Luis wrote: > Hi everyone, > > so i have this code > > im = imread('hand.jpg'); > h= imshow(im); > > im1 = imread('hand1.jpg'); > hold on; > h= imshow(im1); > set(h, 'AlphaData', 0.15); > > > ...

extract an object from 1 image and display it on top of another image
Hi, I was wondering if any one know how to extract objects from a number of frames and then display these objects on another background. So far i have managed to find my objects and draw bounding boxes around them. I have got a background and displayed these bounding boxes on the background with no problem at all. However now i need to display the segmented parts on the background. Thanks! I have the locations of the pixels of the objects and all objects have been labelled using bwlabel so i can view each object in binary. I just don;t know how to extract object in rgb to new backgro...

remove a object...
hi i have a object Test and i have a array with many of their object Test TestArray[20]... how to remove a object from this array? thanks tony wrote: > Test TestArray[20]... > > how to remove a object from this array? Remove as in "the objects after the one removed should move up one position in the array"? If yes, the hard way is to either use a loop or arraycopy. If you also want to shrink the array's size, you can't. The better way is to use a class like ArrayList, which has the necessary code already implemented. /Thomas -- The comp.lang.java.gui FA...

Removing images
Hi Im trying to write code that causes two images to flicker between which one is visible rapidly. The GUI also has other images displayed which will need to be removed for this viewing. Setting other objects on the GUI to transparent slows down the speed of this flicker of the two im interested in dramatically. Any way I can remove the unwanted images from the other axes without using alpha('clear') or delete(object) so the processor can be devoted to the two I want? ta Dan your problem is probably related to your renderer. Since you use transparency, you have opengl as renderer. You...

Removing objects
I am writing a game, and it must keep a list of objects. I've been representing this as a list, but I need an object to be able to remove itself. It doesn't know it's own index. If I tried to make each object keep track of it's own index, it would be invalidated when any object with a lower index was deleted. The error was that when I called list.remove(self), it just removed the first thing in hte list with the same type as what I wanted, rather than the object I wanted. The objects have no identifying charachteristics, other than thier location in memory So my question: How...