RGB2GRAY error??????????????

Hi all,

i am building an OCR system,First stage i separate the lines on the
imagefile and then separate the character and get features for each
character...

using moment in variant, any way i am using RGB2GRAY level on my
system,

the problem is : when i separate the character and try to use
RGB2GRAY on the separated character image,this error appears :

??? Error using ==> rgb2gray>parse_inputs
MAP must be a m x 3 array.

whatis that? when i use the RBG2GRAY on the image of separated line
from the sameimage, it works fine...!!!!!!

wats wrong, how i can solve this problem????????
0
mmsa12 (7)
6/25/2006 11:40:46 AM
comp.soft-sys.matlab 209007 articles. 11 followers. lunamoonmoon (258) is leader. Post Follow

MMSA wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> i am building an OCR system,First stage i separate the lines on the
> imagefile and then separate the character and get features for each
> character...
>
> using moment in variant, any way i am using RGB2GRAY level on my
> system,
>
> the problem is : when i separate the character and try to use
> RGB2GRAY on the separated character image,this error appears :
>
> ??? Error using ==> rgb2gray>parse_inputs
> MAP must be a m x 3 array.
>
> whatis that? when i use the RBG2GRAY on the image of separated line
> from the sameimage, it works fine...!!!!!!
>
> wats wrong, how i can solve this problem????????

It seems that your image is not 3D (MxNx3). Make sure you extract the
region properly.

-Herbert

Embedded Matlab interface error : error calling MATLAB function 'sf'
Hi, I am using MATLAB 7.6 on a 64-bit machine. I am trying to run a mathematical model containing various user defined embedded matlab function that was previously 'built and run' using same matlab version but on a 32-bit machine. I am getting this error on my current machine setup "Embedded Matlab interface error : error calling MATLAB function 'sf'". I have already visited many matlab central pages yet I am unable to find a solution to this specific problem. N.B: I tried to configure a c compiler through mbuilder -seup on caommand line but it seems that there are no compilers on my new machine, Can this be a reason for my problem? > Can this be a reason for my problem? MATLAB on Win32 ships with a compiler. MATLAB on Win64 does not. You need to install one of the supported compilers (http://www.mathworks.com/support/compilers/R2012a/win64.html) for the MATLAB Function block to work. Phil ...

How to solve "Memory out Error" or "Memory allocation Error" in MATLAB?? I am using, MATLAB 7.9.0(R2009b(64-bit
When I am running my MATLAB-Simulink Model,after sometimes it indicates that "Memory out Error" or "Memory allocation Error". How can I overcome these problems and run my model properly... On 3/13/2013 2:14 AM, chittaranjan pradhan wrote: > When I am running my MATLAB-Simulink Model,after sometimes it indicates >that "Memory out Error" or "Memory allocation Error". How can I overcome >these problems and run my model properly... > I think when you get "Memory out Error" then it most likely means you need to acquire more memory for your computer. One way to remedy this is to buy more memory and install it in your computer. This assumes you have already examined your model and made sure you have implemented it in the most efficient manner. --Nasser Thank you, Mr. Nasser I am using 64-bit, MATLAB 2009a version and the memory of the RAM is 16-GB. When I am running my model, it is going to stop after some time and message comes that "Memory allocation Error". Please, help me How to solve this problem and model will work properly. I have deleted most of the scopes. Chittranjan ...

Error Using LSQCURVEFIT : Matlab Error
Hi All, I have MATLAB 2007b on my computer along with the optimization toolbox. I attemped to run the lsqcurvefit but ran into this trouble. The error persisted even when I tried the example given in the MATLAB documentation for lsqcurvefit (Ideally it should have worked properly). Surprisingly this command (lsqcurvefit) and my code were working perfectly fine few days ago. But suddenly after I installed MATLAB 2010a TRIAL version, I started running into this problem (lsqcurvefit gave the same error with both MALAB 2010 and 2007 versions). So I uninstalled both MATLAB 2010a Trial vers...

Check for matlab error from Matlab Engine call
Hi, I am using the matlab engine from a C++ program. I call engEvalString() and check for the return value, but the result is zero, even if a Matlab error (like "Undefined function or variable '...') occurs. Is there any way to find out if a Matlab error occured? Thanks, Philipp ...

MatLab Error Of This program has been modified outside MatLab editor
Hi, I am running a MatLab program I've run many times before, and now when I try to run it, I get a message saying : "This program has been modified outside of the MatLab editor. Do you want to reload it?" I've moved the program to a new directory, but I've run MatLab progs from that directory before, so I am perplexed. Can anyone tell me what to do? TIA, Matt In article <972bbd06-3687-4253-9aa0-a08acf91d117@z38g2000hsc.googlegroups.com>, junoexpress <MTBrenneman@gmail.com> wrote: >I am running a MatLab program I've run many times before, and now when >I try to run it, I get a message saying : >"This program has been modified outside of the MatLab editor. Do you >want to reload it?" >I've moved the program to a new directory, but I've run MatLab progs >from that directory before, so I am perplexed. >Can anyone tell me what to do? Use Save As to save the current version under a different name. Then allow Matlab to reload the file. Save that, and then compare the two saved versions to determine what the differences are, and create an appropriately merged version. -- "There is nothing so bad but it can masquerade as moral." -- Walter Lippmann junoexpress <MTBrenneman@gmail.com> wrote in message <972bbd06-3687-4253-9aa0- a08acf91d117@z38g2000hsc.googlegroups.com>... > Hi, >...

error using matlab script block with matlab 7.0
Hello, &nbsp; I'm using along several months in my vi's the matlab script block using 6.1 and 6.5 matlab script version and I haven't got any problem. Today I've installed matlab 7.0 and the matlab script block, but matlab script block never shows errors and I dont' know whyit happens. &nbsp; Someone knows which can be the problem.....is not compatible with matlab 7.0....i have to update labview?? &nbsp; Thanks &nbsp; Larson Thank you very much diego....i haven't found this forum topic. &nbsp; Bye! ...

Matlab Errors
Hi, I have made my GuI in matlab but the problem is occuring when i activate the gu, It come with an error message saying that the gui main function was closed with an end and some other function wasent. I have not personally edited any code in matlab editor once i made the gui so i am kinda lost as to what settngs have been changed and this error comes up everythime i run the gui. So I am no able to see how it wd work even if i write some custom code in. Please help. Thanks ASB ...

error in matlab
Error evaluating 'InitFcn' callback of block_diagram 'all_fuzzy'. Undefined function or variable 'simu'. i get error while simulate my file,,plz help me ...

When is an error not an error?
The Java language specification claims in: 8.8.7.1 Explicit Constructor Invocations .... "If an anonymous class instance creation expression appears within an explicit constructor invocation statement, then the anonymous class may not refer to any of the enclosing instances of the class whose constructor is being invoked." Helpfully it gives an example: "For example: class Top { int x; class Dummy { Dummy(Object o) {} } class Inside extends Dummy { Inside() { super(new Object() { int r = x; }); // err...

rgb2gray. Error
Hi Everybody, I have next problem. In my program I use rgb2gray function. On two computers (one have MatLab 7.0.*, another - MatLab 7.3.*) it works without problem. On the third computer with MatLab 7.0.* an error comes : "??? Undefined command/function 'rgb2gray' ". What could it mean? or why does this error come? has anybody some ideas? Thank you very much, Tim(ur) hi, did you install the IP toolbox on this machine ? J�r�me Timur Ametov wrote: > Hi Everybody, > > I have next problem. In my program I use rgb2gray function. On two > computers (one have M...

Matlab error?!?!
Hi! I nedd to create a sinusoid with a varying frequency. I used the code below, where freq is the frequency, which goes from 1 to 3 Hz. T=0.01; t = [0:T:30]; freq= [1:2/(length(t)-1):3]; y = 20*sin(2*pi*freq.*t); When i plot the freq it goes from 1 to 3 as expected, but if you look at the sin, at the end it has a period of 0.2 sec, which means 1/0.2 = 5 HZ!!! How is it possible? Did I do something wrong? Or it's Matlab fault? Help me please! Thank you Paolo Micanti wrote: > > > Hi! > I nedd to create a sinusoid with a varying frequency. I used the > code below, > w...

how to make Matlab quit on an error ("quit if error"?)
I have a real-time GUI application where it is useless for the Matlab console to sit waiting at the prompt after an error occurs, because the user only understands clicking buttons, etc. So I'm after an analog to the "dbstop if error" command, so that Matlab quits after an error. (Then the user restarts the application, and I'll examine the logfile for the error message.) Any ideas? TIA try A(nan) = 9; catch quit end ...

error matlab
Hi, I need someone to help me to understand this error in my program, [m,v,w] = size(I); for s=1:w for i=1:m for j=1:v, if(I(i,j,s)==1), treatement; end; end; end; end; for s = 1, the program execute correctly after the second iteration s=2, the program displays an error: Undefined function 'colon' for input arguments of type 'struct' error in for k = 1: m, thanks a lot "dhikra H" wrote in message <n0knpf$ht9$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > Hi, > I...

When is an error not an error?
When it's OSS slopware, of course. http://www.angelfire.com/planet/dfs0/Knode_send_error.png On 2006-09-12 02:42, * DFS wrote: > When it's OSS slopware, of course. > > http://www.angelfire.com/planet/dfs0/Knode_send_error.png > Well, some time ago I had a problem with OE - too long reference line to other posts, and OE of course refused to send... then crashed. Should I name it a feature? -- Andrea On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 03:25:29 +0200, Andrea wrote: > On 2006-09-12 02:42, * DFS wrote: >> When it's OSS slopware, of course. >> >> http:/...

MATLAB installation "Error finding installer class" error
Lets learn how to open MATLAB: 1. Mount your iso with daemon tools (this is a program you can download online) or powerISO 2. Click setup.exe and it will be installed in this location C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2012a. you can read manual to get more help. When you finished the installing, enter this location C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2012a Probably you will try to click setup.exe, matlab image will occur and suddenly give this error : "Error finding installer Class. An exception occurred while looking for class." This is because you have already installed MATLAB why do you try to install it again? 3. You should enter here C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2012a\bin\win32 and if you have not activated your MATLAB yet, click activate_matlab.exe and select your licence data. 4. Next go to C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2012a\bin. There will be a matlab.exe , click right mouse button on it and click "send", after click "create a destkop shortcut" Now you can use your MATLAB program ...

Matlab GUI error "Error evaluating uicontrol callback"
why do I get "Error evaluating uicontrol callback" when executing a gui in matlab 6 r12. I have created the exact same gui in the latest version Matlab 7 r14 with no problems but cannot get it to execute in the old version r12? Please help ...

Excel error 429 when running Matlab magic square example from Matlab builder
Hi, I was working with the Matlab builder magic square example (can be found in matlab builder users guide) in Matlab to compile and build m-files into COM objects for Excel. Essentially, the building process creates a .bas file which can be imported into Visual Basic Editor in MS Excel. In the VB code, the Matlab functions essentially end up being wrapped up inside COM objects and you can invoke these functions in the excel spreadsheet. The example works successfully for output to a single cell. For outputing to multiple cells simultaneously, the code changes a little as a macros are in...

MEX error: Error in `/..../glnxa64/MATLAB': double free or corruption (out): 0x00007fcd022ca0c0 ***
Hi, I am trying to write a mex code which does following: 1) Input a scalar and a sparse matrix 2)Then, it convert sparse matrix to some other FORMAT (TAUCS) A 3) Then, (in future) I would be doing some computation with A. 4) Then, free memory. It compiled well. It also run once and returns some output. My attempt to run it second time gives me runtime error: *** Error in `/usr/local/MATLAB/R2011b/bin/glnxa64/MATLAB': double free or corruption (out): 0x00007fcd022ca0c0 *** I know that the source of error is located where I free memory (detailed code later): //Freeing spaces mxFree(A->colptr); mxFree(A->rowind); mxFree(A->values.d); My Matlab code clc; clear all; close all; Dir = '/home/dkumar/Mex_Codes_DKU/MexCode_Working/Mex_CPP_N_ARMADILLO_Codes_DKU_makefile_Working'; %Create a simple sparse matrix spMat = speye(100, 100); %Set few more elements to be non-zero spMat(5, 8) = 1.500; spMat(5, 100) = 3.500; spMat(19, 100) = 3.500; spMat(59, 89) = 1.500; % MEX cd(Dir); x = 5.0; %system('make'); tic z = MatSparse_2_TAUCS(x, spMat); toc z My Mex Code #include "mex.h" #include <math.h> #include <stdio.h> #include "/home/dkumar/libtsnnls-2.3.3/tsnnls/taucs_basic/taucs.h" extern void _main(); const int numInputArgs = 2; const int numOutputArgs = 1; // Function declarations. // ----------------------------------------------...

ode45 & events : error in Matlab 7 SP1, oke in Matlab 6.5
I wrote a program some time ago, which was working fine with Matlab 6.5 . I've upgraded to Matlab 7(SP1) and now it's not running anymore. I've getting an error while integrating a differential equation. I'm having the following error : ??? Error using ==> horzcat All matrices on a row in the bracketed expression must have the same number of rows. Error in ==> ode45 at 393 teout = [teout, te] Error in ==> flo_zoek_punt_doorsnede>controle at 211 [tijd,trajectorie,te,ye,ie] = ode45(@opl_aantr,[0 teind],[startpunt],options,LIAP_INSTAB,LIAP_STAB); It has something to do with the event function, but I don't know who to solve it. Do I have to change something to my code? Thanks Liesbeth Luyckx PS My code is the following : options = odeset('event', @zoek_nul); [tijd,trajectorie,te,ye,ie] = ode45(@opl_aantr,[0 teind],[startpunt],options,LIAP_INSTAB,LIAP_STAB); ------------------------------ function [value,isterminal,direction] = zoek_nul(t,y,LIAP_AANTR,STAB_LIAP) WAARDE = Liapunov1(y'); % Liapunov1 is a function WA1 = WAARDE - LIAP_AANTR; WA2 = WAARDE - STAB_LIAP; value = [WA1; WA2]; isterminal = [0 ; 1]; direction=[0; 0]; ------------------------------- function out1 = opl_aantr(t,y,LIAP_AANTR,STAB_LIAP) gegevens; % the parameter values are in this file % g and mu_d are both functions out1 = zeros(4,1); out1(1) = y(2); out1(2) = - 2 * dzeta1 * y(2) - g(y(1)) - g(y(1) - y(3)) - mu_d(y(1)); out1(3) = y(4); out1(...

ERROR: Error starting reference:file:/C:/MATLAB/R2010b/java/jar/toolbox/simulink.jar
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.mathworks.comparisons.plugin.ComparisonPlugin at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source) at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source) at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source) at com.mathworks.util.osgi.Servic...

MAC SE: "Bomb" "Sys Error" / Address error" at start
Stephen Buggie (505) 863-2390 Psychology Department Univ. of New Mexico, Gallup February 15, 2006 200 College Road Gallup NM 87301 buggie@unm.edu NEED RESCUE DISK! MAC SE -- BOMB System Error / Address Error ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Dear Macintosh experts, My Mac SE crashes at power-up. I gives the bell-chime, then it proceeds though the launch sequence. After showing two extension-icons, it crashes. Then a dialogue-box shows the BOMB icon with the message, SORRY, A SYSTEM ERROR HAS OCCURRED --- ADDRESS ERROR It never reaches the desktop; this crash occurs every time. The Mac SE has a 330 meg internal hard drive, System 6.x.x, and a 1.4 meg internal 3.5 floppy drive. There is a SCSI port but no internal CD reader. The b/w screen is extremely sharp in its focus. The computer worked fine until about a year ago, when I stupidly put a file in the wrong folder. It has crashed consistently ever since! It has an assortment of software on the hard drive, but I have backups of everything and am willing to reformat the entire hard drive if necessary to get the computer working again! If I can resurrect the computer, I hope to upgrade the system to System 7.0 or 7.1 . DONE SO FAR: Yes, I have launched it with shift-key down, to turn off the extensions, but it always crashes Ive also tried vari...

Objc Nubie: Errors Errors Errors
I've been toying with learning ObjC/Cocoa for sometime and finally got over the hump of "brackets vs. braces" but am wondering why my little test throws so many warnings when run: // gcc FileTest.m -o FileTest -ObjC -framework Cocoa #include <Cocoa/Cocoa.h> #include <Foundation/Foundation.h> int main( void ) { NSString * str = [ [NSStringalloc] initWithString:@"~/samplefromcocoa.txt" ]; NSString * full = [ NSString stringWithString: [str stringByExpandingTildeInPath ] ]; if( [ [NSFileManager defaultManager] fileExistsAtPath:full ] ) { NSLog( @"File %@ exists", str ); } else { NSString * contents = [ [NSString alloc] initWithString:@"Created by FileTest.m" ]; BOOL didWrite = [contents writeToFile:full atomically:NO]; if( didWrite ) { NSLog( @"Creating File %@", str ); } else { NSLog( @"Unable to create file %@", str ); } } return 0; } when run and it has to write the string to disk> 2004-02-11 08:27:03.882 FileTest[2082] *** _NSAutoreleaseNoPool(): Object 0x50d6f0 of class NSCFString autoreleased with no pool in place - just leaking 2004-02-11 08:27:03.885 FileTest[2082] *** _NSAutoreleaseNoPool(): Object 0x50dc80 of class NSPathStore2 autoreleased with no pool in place - just leaking 2004-02-11 08:27:03.887 FileTest[2082] ...

[Info-vax] $ PIPE error
[Log fragment, edited a bit. The first set of process quotas are from the failing process log, and the second set of process quotas are from a successful process log "<OTHER>". Except for PGFLQUOTA, they are the same. This is a spontaneous failure after a crash/reboot not involving this code. The PIPE statement refused to execute, giving a DCL activation error. I have removed the PIPE statement and things work fine. What Quota is the problem, or how can I find out. $ SHOW PROCESS/QUOTA ! <--REMOVE 6-FEB-2009 12:16:11.77 User: LBLDSP_CM Process ID: 20A...

Error while obtaining sizes from MEX S-function 'forward' in block 'dummy/Dynamic_Model/S-Function'. MATLAB error message:.
Hi to everybody, I created the file forward.dll using the command: mex -DWIN32 -output forward model_d.c model_s.c sdlib.c assigns.c contact.c derivs.c gmc.c impact.c inits.c invert.c lcp_solver.c lmdif_c.c mathtools.c object.c output.c pipetools.c readmuscles.c readtools.c sdfor.c spring_based.c wrapping.c gcvspl.c user_def.lib forward.lib acpp.lib qhull.lib solid.lib wrap.lib I need to run the command: set_param([subsystemname,'/','S-Function'],'function name','forward','parameters','[0],[0],[0],[0],[0],[0],[1 0 0 0 20],[0]'); ...

Web resources about - RGB2GRAY error?????????????? - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Error - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The word error entails different meanings and usages relative to how it is conceptually applied. The concrete meaning of the Latin word "error" ...

Scott Morrison under fire after BIS Shrapnel report used to attack Labor contained crucial error
... negative gearing policy, after the report's authors clarified it was prepared before Labor's policy was announced and contained crucial errors. ...

Scott Morrison under fire after BIS Shrapnel report used to attack Labor contained crucial error
... negative gearing policy, after the report's authors clarified it was prepared before Labor's policy was announced and contained crucial errors. ...

Porsche sees error of ways, next 911 GT3 to offer manual transmission
Filed under: Porsche , Coupe , Performance The man behind the Porsche 911 GT3 says the next generation of the high performer will get an optional ...

Coding error leads to data leak at WMT
The error happened during the migration of servers and was not a hack, a company spokesman said.

CDC Corrects Error, Finds Health Risk Of Laminate Flooring Higher Than Previously Announced
Two weeks ago, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention released their report on formaldehyde levels emitted by certain types of laminate ...

Lee Daniels Admits 'Empire' Suffered From 'Growing Pains' in Season 2: 'It's Trial and Error'
Lee Daniels Admits 'Empire' Suffered From 'Growing Pains' in Season 2: 'It's Trial and Error'

Instrument error: AMD, FCAT, and Ashes of the Singularity benchmarks
There's a report making the rounds that claims AMD cards perform terribly in Ashes of the Singularity based on results captured using Nvidia's ...

80004005: Why Error Messages Are Still So *&%$#! Indecipherable
... There's a good chance the engineers are too. If you've ever been vexed by a phone, tablet, or PC, chances are you've bumped into an error code. ...

A Basic Spelling Error Cost These Hackers Nearly $1 Billion
Most spelling mistakes are innocent, fleeting, and only mildly embarrassing. Then there are the ones that result in a loss of over $800 million ...