Run MATLAB code without MATLAB

I'm interested in running MATLAB code without having MATLAB
installed.  Particularly, I'd be interested in being able to
call MATLAB code from Java (!!)  or C (less desirable),
because if I say, make some application that uses MATLAB
code, then I don't wanna require users who download it to
have MATLAB installed.  What is the best route to take with
this?  Is it possible to simply interface MATLAB code from
Java?

On Jan 17, 12:32 pm, "Rob B" <rrbramb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm interested in running MATLAB code without having MATLAB
> installed.  Particularly, I'd be interested in being able to
> call MATLAB code from Java (!!)  or C (less desirable),
> because if I say, make some application that uses MATLAB
> code, then I don't wanna require users who download it to
> have MATLAB installed.  What is the best route to take with
> this?  Is it possible to simply interface MATLAB code from
> Java?

See MCC for options.

-Chris
0
checkeraz69 (165)
1/17/2008 7:37:48 PM
In article <fmoafh$s3u$1@fred.mathworks.com>, rrbrambley@gmail.com
says...
> I'm interested in running MATLAB code without having MATLAB
> installed.  Particularly, I'd be interested in being able to
> call MATLAB code from Java (!!)  or C (less desirable),
> because if I say, make some application that uses MATLAB
> code, then I don't wanna require users who download it to
> have MATLAB installed.  What is the best route to take with
> this?  Is it possible to simply interface MATLAB code from
> Java?

Check out the MATLAB Compiler and perhaps the related Builder products:
http://www.mathworks.com/products/compiler/
http://www.mathworks.com/products/javabuilder/

--
Loren
http://blogs.mathworks.com/loren/
"Rob B" wrote in message <fmoafh$s3u$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> I'm interested in running MATLAB code without having MATLAB
> installed.  Particularly, I'd be interested in being able to
> call MATLAB code from Java (!!)  or C (less desirable),
> because if I say, make some application that uses MATLAB
> code, then I don't wanna require users who download it to
> have MATLAB installed.  What is the best route to take with
> this?  Is it possible to simply interface MATLAB code from
> Java?

Think this might help
http://technologyinterface.nmsu.edu/5_1/5_1f/5_1f.html
may be you already find the solution!