Run Matlab ... from Matlab

Hello,
Is there any limitation to run Matlab from Matlab, as a system command, on Linux platforms ?
I tried to start Matlab, both using the ! syntax (!matlab&) or the system command (system('matlab&')), the Matlab splash screen appears, but the new Matlab session closes rapidly .
When I do the same with a script of mine (system('matlab -r "myscript"&')), my script is being executed, but Matlab finally crashes .
If I remove the &, it works well, but the first Matlab session is blocked till I close the second one .
I run Matlab on a Linux 64bits platform .
Thanks in advance,
Nicolas
0
Nicolas
12/3/2010 7:22:04 AM
comp.soft-sys.matlab 211266 articles. 17 followers. lunamoonmoon (258) is leader. Post Follow

On 10-12-03 01:22 AM, Nicolas wrote:

> Is there any limitation to run Matlab from Matlab, as a system command,
> on Linux platforms ?
> I tried to start Matlab, both using the ! syntax (!matlab&) or the
> system command (system('matlab&')), the Matlab splash screen appears,
> but the new Matlab session closes rapidly .
> When I do the same with a script of mine (system('matlab -r
> "myscript"&')), my script is being executed, but Matlab finally crashes .
> If I remove the &, it works well, but the first Matlab session is
> blocked till I close the second one .
> I run Matlab on a Linux 64bits platform .

It appears there is a parsing problem in the script that invokes Matlab.
Here's an example of what I had to do to get around it:

!matlab -r \""disp('hello');quit"\"

0
Walter

MATLAB talking to MATLAB?
For my project, I need to have a client program (MATLAB executable) talking to a server program (also MATLAB executable) to query data. Is there any easy way to accomplish that? I appreciate any help that I can get on that. Thanks. Cheers, Hoi Oops, I forgot to mention. There are multiple clients querying the server, so I guess serial objects + remote serial port wouldn't work. "Hoi Wong" <wonghoi.ee@gmail.com_> wrote in message news:f3ald6$gg4$1@news.Stanford.EDU... > For my project, I need to have a client program (MATLAB executable) > talking to a ser...

Run MATLAB code without MATLAB
I'm interested in running MATLAB code without having MATLAB installed. Particularly, I'd be interested in being able to call MATLAB code from Java (!!) or C (less desirable), because if I say, make some application that uses MATLAB code, then I don't wanna require users who download it to have MATLAB installed. What is the best route to take with this? Is it possible to simply interface MATLAB code from Java? On Jan 17, 12:32 pm, "Rob B" <rrbramb...@gmail.com> wrote: > I'm interested in running MATLAB code without having MATLAB > installed. Particu...

Run a Matlab code without matlab
Hi I've programmed a matlab code and i want to use it on my home computer. The problem is that matlab isn't installed. Is there any possibility to run a matlab code without matlab? Thanks uwe ugarcia > Is there any possibility to run a matlab code without matlab... no us ugarcia <uwe.gallaun@stud.unileoben.ac.at> wrote in message <7936ab9b-c811-44e3-a59d-8e3bbd877756@a26g2000prf.googlegroups.com>... > Hi > I've programmed a matlab code and i want to use it on my home > computer. The problem is that matlab isn't installed. Is there any > possibility...

Call a Matlab function from Java running in matlab.
Hi guys. I really apologize for asking this question, since I'm sure it is either basic or not possible, but I have been reading through the documentation and can't seem to figure this out, since the examples look like they just send and receive variables from the Java methods. Could anyone give me a short example of how to call a method from a Java object that causes some sort of action to be performed in MATLAB? For example, I would like to: 1) make a new object of MyClass from MATLAB called MyObject. 2) run MyObject.DoSomethingInMatlab() 3) have a statement in DoSomethingInMatlab...

Running MATLAB Script from a PC without MATLAB
Hello, I have written a script in matlab, which reads certain information from a text file. Now is there a way I can generate an .exe (or anything else) out of it so that it can be run from a PC without MATLAB. Thanks Madhu On 28/08/10 5:21 AM, Madhu Shurpali wrote: > I have written a script in matlab, which reads certain information from > a text file. Now is there a way I can generate an .exe (or anything > else) out of it so that it can be run from a PC without MATLAB. You would need the optional (extra cost) Matlab Compiler. There are number of restrictions...

How do I Run a Matlab 6 GUI in Matlab 5
Hi there everyone!! I am designing a Matlab 6 GUI at the university, but have Matlab 5 at home. If I try to run the Matlab 6 Gui,it doesnt want to open. Is there a way to open Matlab 6 GUI's in Matlab 5. Any help will be appreciated Hugo ...

running matlab program (with symulink) without matlab?
Is there any possibility to write program in matlab (with use of simulink) and then run it as an interactive demo or somethink like that , on another computer without matlab installed ? Or mayby are there some other solutions? Thanks, Tomek ...

Codes are all shown in the matlab window when running matlab
I am using matlab 6.5.0. Today, when I wrote some codes in the M-editor and run by using F5, all contents of the codes appear in the main matlab window. This is quite strange and never happened before. I tried to shorten the codes and run some simple test. Still the same. So it has nothing to do with what I wrote in the program. I suspect that I turned on some setting in matlab without realizing it. Anyone can give a hint on how to turn this display off? Thanks. You probably turned echo on. Try echo off all Or go to File -> Preferences -> Command Window and uncheck Echo on HTH P...

how could i use the matlab help without running matlab?
sometimes i just want to see some content of the help files and not intend to use matlab itself but as we know i must start matlab software first, then open the help product can i simply open the help document without running matlab? thanks! "fangfines " <fangfines@qq.com> wrote in message <i67kgh$qcr$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > sometimes i just want to see some content of the help files and not intend to use matlab itself > > but as we know i must start matlab software first, then open the help product > > can i simply open the help document wi...

running matlab program without having matlab installed?
Hello; I have Matlab student version, but it comes without the matlab compiler. For some reason Mathworks decided that students do not need Matlab compiler. A student can't even buy the compiler as an add-on. Not allowed. Then how would be it be possible for me to have my matlab programs run by someone else who does not have matlab on their system? Mathematica has a free player which allows one to run someone else's Mathematica code without having Mathematica installed. See Mathematica demonstration web site. Will Matlab player be available in some future release?...

Matlab automation server and Matlab Compiler Run Time
I did a simple excel macro which runs matlab functions sucessfully in a machine with Matlab installed. Now I want to run it in a computer without matlab, with "MATLAB Compiler Run Time" installed. I can add the Matlb automation server type file (mlapp.tlb) sucessfully, but when I try to run it, I get this error: "ActiveX component can't create object" In this line: Set matlab = New MLApp.MLApp Do you know what is missing? Thanks ...

Running matlab from xterm from a cronjob? (Matlab-xterm-cronjob);
Hey Everyone, I am trying to run Matlab with crontab in order to produce pictures/graphs, on Max OS. I have read in the Technical Solutions that This problem may be able to be avoided using a VNC server. [( http://www.mathworks.com/support/solutions/en/data/1-1B3IT/?solution=1-1B3IT )]. So I have been attempting to write a cronjob to do this, by opening x11 and then an xterm, but to no avial. 22 * * * * cd ../../; cd Applications/Utilities; open X11.app; cd ../../; cd users/x2007twe/Desktop; xterm -e "cd Desktop; matlab -nodesktop -mwvisual -r load_da...

How can I run a matlab file in a PC without Matlab?
Hi, Is there a way of running a matlab program in a PC that doesn't have matlab, or is there a way to make an EXE file of a matlab program? If anyone knows, pleas give me a hand. Thanks Try to use the mcc command. help mcc for more info greetz Stefan "Gabriel" <txiqui@excite.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:eedf6f5.-1@webx.raydaftYaTP... > Hi, Is there a way of running a matlab program in a PC that doesn't > have matlab, or is there a way to make an EXE file of a matlab > program? > If anyone knows, pleas give me a hand. > > Thanks ...

Is the matlab compiler faster than just running your code in Matlab?
Hi, I made a very complicated orbit model for calculating the error motion of a spindle. If run my program it takes several days to end the calculation. I optimized my code using the profiler. However, my calculation still takes some days.... If I use the Matlab compiler (.exe) for my calculations, will this save a lot of calculation time compared with running my program just in Matlab? Any suggestion is welcome! "Hermano Cappa" wrote in message <ik8jcs$dnh$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > If I use the Matlab compiler (.exe) for my calculations, will this save a lot ...

Is there a way to run Matlab 7 mex dll under Matlab 2007a?
Hi all, Does Mathworks have back-ward compatibilities for mex dlls which were created in the earlier versions of Matlab? I have downloaded a trial copy of NAG Matlab Foundation toolbox. But it was created using earlier version of Matlab(they claim it was tested to be okay for Matlab 6 and 7. I guess the dlls were created using Matlab before 7.0.4. But I want to use it under my current Matlab 2007a. When running their dll, I got: ??? Invalid MEX-file 'C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2007a\toolbox\nag\nag \nagc.dll': The specified procedure could not be found. --------------- After googlin...

DLL creating by Matlab for Matlab
I would like to know if it is possible to convert several M-files into one DLL with Matlab (by using mcc or mex or other functions) and use this DLL with Matlab. How can I do that? I could create DLL with mcc -l xxx.m but I can't use this DLL with Matlab (error: "??? The function, script or class xxx cannot be indexed using {} or . indexing.") I have a project on Matlab with just M-files and I want to give this project to someone who want to use it on Matlab too, but I don't want to give him the source M algorithms. Moreover, I don't want to have an executable....

matlab in JAVA or java in MATLAB?
Hi guys I am now experencing a great difficulty in the interation between java and matlab. I have an objective function written in JAVA with has method return an numerical number, i call it 'profit'. The nature of this obtive function (ObjFun.java) is that it takes an parameter input, say C, with different C value, the returned profit value is different. Eventually I want to find the optimized C value which produce the maximun profit (C will be under constrains). Initially I want to use linprog or fminsearch in matlab. So I tried the command in matlab that excutes my ObjFun.java. But it failed because my ObjFun.java will call an external .exe file. and the file path contains spaces which is fine by Java but not matlab. I stuck here, I myself is a Java programmer not good at matlab, I can't find any thing on google about the solution to my problem. So here I propose another idea: call matlab function in JAVA. I need some advise on this. Thank you very much for a reply!!! Lemon can anyone give advice?? "Lemon F" <f.lemon.jin@hotmail.com> wrote in message <i3bag7$i96$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > can anyone give advice?? If you would not have double-posted you would have seen that you already received advice (on the other post): http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/newsreader/view_thread/288403 ...

matlab to matlab remote execution
Hi I have two win PCs running matlab 7. One is slow and other is a high spec fast PC. They are connected to LAN. The directory on fast PC where all matlab work takes place has been mounted as a drive on slow PC. Hence this directory on fast PC can be accessed from slow PC's matlab session. I want to let the user on slow PC run some computationally intense M scripts in his matlab session but execute them on fast PC. I tried usual unix like method. First installed telnet server on fast PC. Then used telnet client on slow PC to log on fast PC. If I attempt to start matlab in slow PC telnet ...

Matlab engine with matlab R2010b

Spawning matlab from within matlab
Hello all, I would like to spawn multiple matlab processes from an '.m' script. Meaning, run an m-file from a 'parent' Matlab that launches, say, 8 more 'children' matlab processes. I'd like to do it in such a way that the same m-file in the 'parent' is able to close down, or kill, all the 'children' processes. Any suggestions? Joe ...

Calling Compiled MATLAB from MATLAB
Hello everyone, How do I compile MATLAB M files into a form that can then be called from within the MATLAB interpreter? A roundabout way would seem to be to (somehow) Turn the matlab code into C (I think mcc does this), then compile this C code into MEX format and call that. Is there an easier way? I have the MATLAB compiler, so I just need to know what to do with it to get this to work. Thanks in advance, Sina sina.tootoonian wrote: > > > Hello everyone, > > How do I compile MATLAB M files into a form that can then be called > from within the MATLAB interpreter? A roundabout way would seem to > be > to (somehow) Turn the matlab code into C (I think mcc does this), > then > compile this C code into MEX format and call that. Is there an > easier > way? I have the MATLAB compiler, so I just need to know what to do > with > it to get this to work. > > Thanks in advance, > > Sina > > HELP MEX > HELP MEX Or, better, HELP MCC help pcode pseudo code is useful to obfuscate code - protect algorithms, yet still run at full speed and be distributable to other matlab users sina.tootoonian wrote: > > > Hello everyone, > > How do I compile MATLAB M files into a form that can then be called > from within the MATLAB interpreter? A roundabout way would seem to > be > to (somehow) Turn the matlab code into C (I think mcc does this), > then > compile this C code into MEX format and call that...

MLApp (Matlab API Engine) running without Matlab IDE
Is it a possible (and how) to run Application (written in C#) on a maschine that has just MCR (Matlab Component Runtime)? Details> I am integrating Matlab COM with .NET. Everything works fine od development maschine (with 2007a). But when I deploy my scenario on production maschine (that only has MCR installed) I get error: Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {A052DEB6-24BF-4425-B4AE-E8C55D264566} failed due to the following error: 80040154. Best regards, Veroljub Zmijanac, intership in Robert Bosch GmbH ...

Running matlab from xterm from a cronjob? (Matlab-xterm-cronjob); #2
Hey Everyone, I am trying to run Matlab with crontab in order to produce pictures/graphs, on Max OS. I have read in the Technical Solutions that This problem may be able to be avoided using a VNC server. [( http://www.mathworks.com/support/solutions/en/data/1-1B3IT/?solution=1-1B3IT )]. So I have been attempting to write a cronjob to do this, by opening x11 and then an xterm, but to no avial. 22 * * * * cd ../../; cd Applications/Utilities; open X11.app; cd ../../; cd users/x2007twe/Desktop; xterm -e "cd Desktop; matlab -nodesktop -mwvisual -r load_da...

Making MATLAB code independent to run on machine not having matlab installed
Hello Everyone, I am implementing one image compression algorithm. I want the code I have written in the MATLAB to run on the machines which do not have MATLAB installed on them. Can anyone suggest me how to do this? use: Matlab Compiler or any of the Matlab Application Deployment Targets: MATLAB� Builder for Excel� MATLAB� Builder for .NET MATLAB� Builder for Java� Look up the documentations for these toolboxes: <http://www.mathworks.com/products/product_listing/index.html> (scroll to the bottom of the toolboxes list). ...

Web resources about - Run Matlab ... from Matlab - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Undocumented Matlab
Undocumented, unsupported and hidden features in Matlab

Matlab Upazila - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... 23°21′N 90°42.5′E  /  23.35°N 90.7083°E  / 23.35; 90.7083 Coordinates : 23°21′N 90°42.5′E  /  23.35°N 90.7083°E  / 23.35; 90.7083 Matlab ...

Open Directory - Science: Math: Software: MATLAB
The MathWorks - Developers of MATLAB, Simulink and Stateflow. Offers products for data analysis, visualization, application development, simulation, ...

MATLAB Mobile on the App Store
Read reviews, compare customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about MATLAB Mobile. Download MATLAB Mobile and enjoy it on your iPhone, ...

The Smart Emergency Response System Using MATLAB and Simulink - YouTube
In the aftermath of an earthquake, every second counts for disaster victims. Imagine a system that can locate people quickly and help first responders ...

The A-Z of Programming Languages: MATLAB
What prompted the development of MATLAB?

Matlab: Invalid .NET Framework. Either the specified framework was not found or is not currently supported ...
If you are trying to compile Matlab into .Net framework, you might encounter this message, even though you have the .Net framework installed ...

Matlab edges closer to electronic design automation world
Matlab, one of the world's most widely used products for algorithmic development, has long occupied its own niche far removed from EDA and hardware ...

Can I/How do I use DMTCP with a parallel pool of MATLAB workers? · Issue #223 · dmtcp/dmtcp · GitHub
dmtcp - DMTCP: Distributed MultiThreaded CheckPointing matlab -nodisplay -r "parpool('local',4); parfor i=1:10, pause(1); fprintf('%i ',i); end; ...

Using MATLAB and SDR to Reverse Engineer 433MHz Messages
... so he focused on studying the methodology and the tools available for analyzing 433MHz RF transmission. He describes the process of using MATLAB ...