Run matlab from the command line in Windows

Hi

Does anyone know of a way to run matlab from the command prompt in Windows? By run I don't mean launch. The normal behaviour when you type matlab on the command line in Windows is for matlab to be launched in a separate thread and window, and the command immediately returns back to the shell in the command window. What I want to get is the linux-type behaviour of having matlab run in the shell. Calling "matlab -nojvm -nosplash" doesn't work.

Any help (or confirmation that this is impossible) would be much appreciated.

Oliver
0
Oliver

Oliver Woodford wrote:
> Hi
>
> Does anyone know of a way to run matlab from the command prompt in
> Windows? By run I don't mean launch. The normal behaviour when you type
> matlab on the command line in Windows is for matlab to be launched in a
> separate thread and window, and the command immediately returns back to
> the shell in the command window. What I want to get is the linux-type
> behaviour of having matlab run in the shell. Calling "matlab -nojvm
> -nosplash" doesn't work.

The documentation does not show any option for this purpose for Windows:

http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/ref/matlabwindows.html
0
Walter
5/18/2010 3:50:43 PM
Walter Roberson wrote:
> The documentation does not show any option for this purpose for Windows:
> http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/ref/matlabwindows.html

No, but it did give me the -wait option, which did the trick for my particular problem.
Many thanks, Walter.
0
Oliver