Running a GA code (from Matlab 7.1) in matlab 6.1

I have a m file of Genetc algorithm code which is written using the
GA toolbox of Matlab 7.I wanted to run this code on a server which is
having matlab 6.1..I tried copying all the GA toolbox files and use
it along with my code in matlab 6.1.But it is giving an error using
function builtin.when i opened the builtin.m file it shows some
unintelligible characters..

Is it possible to run this code on matlab 6.1 by any means..

Anil Biradar wrote:

> I have a m file of Genetc algorithm code which is written using the
> GA toolbox of Matlab 7.I wanted to run this code on a server which
> is
> having matlab 6.1..I tried copying all the GA toolbox files and use
> it along with my code in matlab 6.1.But it is giving an error using
> function builtin.when i opened the builtin.m file it shows some
> unintelligible characters..
>
> Is it possible to run this code on matlab 6.1 by any means..

Hi!

I think you will have to own the toolbox licenses for the ML versions
on which you wish to run the code. In this case both the GA toolbox
and the optimization toolbox.

/PB
0
PB

how to open Matlab 7.0.1 .fig file in Matlab 6.1?
I am having problem in opening a Matlab 7.0.1 .fig file in Matlab 6.1 The error message says: "Error using ==> open Unable to read MAT file C:\MATLAB6p1\work\problem.fig See FILEFORMATS for a list of known file types and the functions used to read them." ...

matlab 4.1 to matlab 7.6 compatibility
I am trying to upgrade a code from Matlab V 4.1.c to Matlab 7.6. I would like to know if there is any library where I can find replacements for those obsolete functions. for example: function 'average' is not available in Matlab 7.6. please advise. thanks ...

Importing matlab 6.5 GUI in matlab 7.1
I use MATLAB 7.1. If I open an existing GUI project built in 6.5 MATLAB with GUIDE tool, .fig is loaded correctly but .m is not loaded (it has the same name of .fig), then when I run the GUI and click on buttons I got function not found errors: ??? Undefined command/function 'fsv'. ??? Error while evaluating uicontrol Callback. How can I reassociate .m with his .fig? ...

Problems with Matlab 6.5.1 R13 to Matlab 7 R14
I've written a GUI, with text in it. When I open it with Matlab 6.5.1 R13 there are no problems to show the full text for Matlab. But when I try it with Matlab 7 R14 the text is shown incomplete. This is because Matlab 7 prints the font bigger than Matlab 6.5.1... Is there a font, which is in the same size in Matlab 7 R14 AND Matlab 6.5.1 R13? Thanks ...

Incompatible of MAT file for Matlab 6.5.1 and Matlab 7.0
Hi! I have recently installed Matlab 7.0. I have save my simulation results in .MAT file. However, these MAT files can't be opened using Matlab 6.5.1. I encountered problem as follows: ??? Error using ==> load Unable to read MAT file D:\MATLAB7\work\results.mat File may be corrupt. How can I solve this problem? Thanks. Linda Please see here: <http://tx.technion.ac.il/~perryb/matlab7/mat7.pdf> In short, save again as: The new features and enhancements are described in the "Release notes" of Matlab. A new feature that causes incompat...

Re: Incompatible of MAT file for Matlab 6.5.1 and Matlab 7.0
You can find a file converter here: <http://www.codebuildingblocks.com/MatVersionConverter/> ...

Calling Matlab 7.1 from LabView 6.1
Hello, I am using LabView 6.1 and I have recently installed Matlab 7.1 on the same machine. When I try to call Matlab by a Matlab script node, I only get the error message that the script could not be executed and that a failure occured calling the script server. (This does not depend on what script I implement.) Earlier, I had Matlab 6.5 which worked well with the script nodes. What can I do to get the script nodes running? Hello&nbsp;ffffff&nbsp; :) I can pretty much assure you that LabVIEW 6.1 has not been tested with MATLAB 7.1, and "officially" I might go so far as t...

How can I execute a GUI app. done on matlab 6.5 to matlab 6.1
How can I execute a GUI app. done on matlab 6.5 to matlab 6.1 my GUI have 2 *.fig and 2 *.m and first GUI pass result to the second ...

Can I install some toolboxes of Matlab 7.1 service pack in Matlab 7.2
In our laboratory we have one license of Matlab 7.1 service pack (with all tool boxes). Recently, we are not using Matlab 7.1 instead we are using Matlab 7.2. This version of Matlab 7.2 is a new license but we bought only few essential toolboxes like control system toolbox etc. However, recently we need to use Statistics toolbox for some design. Therefore, we have to use two versions of Matlab (i.e. both 7.2 and 7.1) which is inconvenient and time consuming. I would like to know: 1. Is it possible to install the statistics toolbox of Matlab 7.1 service pack in Matlab 7.2 ? 2. If possible, wh...

Problem running exe compiled using Matlab Compiler 7.6 on a PC with Matlab 6.5
Hi, I have some Matlab code which I compiled using Matlab Compiler 7.6. Using the MCRInstaller and the Visual C++ Runtime library, I was able to install MCR 7.6 on the client machine. However, the client machine already had Matlab 6.5. Now when I try to run my exe, I get the following error message: Fatal error finding symbol mxCalcSingleSubscript_76 in c:\matlab6p5\bin\win32\libmx.dll I understand that the error shows up since the exe tries to go and look for the necessary information in the win32 folder for Matlab 6.5 rather than the v76 folder for the runtime. Can anyone give ...

matlab 7.1 faster than 7.6 !
Hi all, I've run a pretty demanding program in both matlab 7.1 and 7.6 on the exakt same computer. What takes 4.3 seconds in 7.1 takes 11.5 seconds in 7.6! How is this possible? Is matlab getting slower for each release, or when did this happen?? Hope you can inform me Best PS. Oh, and since 7.1 doesn't run on Vista, and I thus have to use 7.6, this means that my new state of the art laptop runs equally fast as my three years old shitty HP. This sucks. "Pontus " <pontus.rendahl@gmail.com> wrote in message <gd07t7$6nq$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Hi all, >...

running matlab 7.1 on windows 7
when i start matlab 7.1 on win7, i get the following error message, error starting desktop, please help "V NAVEEN " <anuj.navren90@gmail.com> wrote in message <hirlde$mii$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > when i start matlab 7.1 on win7, i get the following error message, > error starting desktop, > please help a hint: http://www.mathworks.com/support/sysreq/previous_releases.html us ...

matlab 7.1 use matlab C++ math library
I wanna use matlab C++ math library into VC++6.0, but my matlab is 7.1. if i wanna use matlab C++ math library to programme, how can i setup my VC link?? why matlab7.1 doesn't have "extern->include->cpp" file??? In using matlab C++ math library , what difference between matlab 6.X and matlab7.1??? ...

Matlab 6.5.1 slower than Matlab 5.3
Hello everyone, i've just installed Matlab 6.5.1 on my desktop (2.8 GHz 1GB RAM) but when I compare its performance to an older version: Matlab 5.3 the new version is about 3.7 times slower. Running a certain m-file in 5.3 takes about 27 seconds, while running exactly the same m-file in Matlab 6.5.1 takes about 102 seconds (using tic toc). Can anyone tell me if this is normal (why then?) ? And if so why would I wanna use the newer version if it is that much slower? Ron Yes this is correct. After 5.3, Matlab and Simulink are running much much slower. Twice the execution time is typical a...

some problems of codes of MATLAB 7.0 working on MATLAB 6.5
I have used MATLAB for few hours.So I don't know the differences between version 6.5 and 7.0.I want to use some codes of MATLAB 7.0, but they doesn't work in MATLAB 6.5.How to change these codes so that they can work in matlab 6.5.Waiting for your help. Thank you . The codes are like this .I think changing the function findPI may work ,but I don'y know how % PIfun.m % Evaluate a function used to find the PI-line, using Kyle Champley's % method. % % Adam Wunderlich % last update: 5/18/06 function y = PIfun(r,R,h,gamma,x3,sb) temp = R - r*cos(gamma-sb); y = h*((pi - 2*atan(...

Run Matlab ... from Matlab
Hello, Is there any limitation to run Matlab from Matlab, as a system command, on Linux platforms ? I tried to start Matlab, both using the ! syntax (!matlab&) or the system command (system('matlab&')), the Matlab splash screen appears, but the new Matlab session closes rapidly . When I do the same with a script of mine (system('matlab -r "myscript"&')), my script is being executed, but Matlab finally crashes . If I remove the &, it works well, but the first Matlab session is blocked till I close the second one . I run Matlab on a Linux 64bits pla...

Run MATLAB code without MATLAB
I'm interested in running MATLAB code without having MATLAB installed. Particularly, I'd be interested in being able to call MATLAB code from Java (!!) or C (less desirable), because if I say, make some application that uses MATLAB code, then I don't wanna require users who download it to have MATLAB installed. What is the best route to take with this? Is it possible to simply interface MATLAB code from Java? On Jan 17, 12:32 pm, "Rob B" <rrbramb...@gmail.com> wrote: > I'm interested in running MATLAB code without having MATLAB > installed. Particu...

MATLAB 6 to MATLAB 7 changes
I am looking for information here on the MathWorks website about the changes between MATLAB 6 and MATLAB 7. Specifically, I am looking for information about changes in the handling of .mat files. For example if I have a mat-file: example.mat located in the MATLAB current directory. In MATLAB 7 I can load this data-file into the MATLAB workspace with: >> load example And it loads fine. If I type the above load command in MATLAB 6 I get and error. Is there anything that provides the technical information for this? Thanks Dave Dave wrote: > I am looking for information here on t...

Matlab 6.5 to matlab 7
hi, i want to upgrade my Matlab 6.5 to Matlab7, will it cause any effects to the M-files that i saved before? Or do I need to uninstall the Matlab 6.5 first before installing the Matlab 7? regards, blur On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 13:03:13 +0000, Blur wrote: > hi, > i want to upgrade my Matlab 6.5 to Matlab7, will it cause any effects > to the M-files that i saved before? See http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/rn/r14sp1_a.html for information on changes to the Matlab programming language that may affect old m-files. For the most part the changes are minor, and most ...

Run a Matlab code without matlab
Hi I've programmed a matlab code and i want to use it on my home computer. The problem is that matlab isn't installed. Is there any possibility to run a matlab code without matlab? Thanks uwe ugarcia > Is there any possibility to run a matlab code without matlab... no us ugarcia <uwe.gallaun@stud.unileoben.ac.at> wrote in message <7936ab9b-c811-44e3-a59d-8e3bbd877756@a26g2000prf.googlegroups.com>... > Hi > I've programmed a matlab code and i want to use it on my home > computer. The problem is that matlab isn't installed. Is there any > possibility...

Matlab script in LV6.1 built app fails after upgrade to Matlab 7 (R14).
The LV6.1 built app, running under LV6.1 runtime, successfully invokes Matlab script server, R13. After Matlab upgrade to R14, the script server fails to activate. Use of the newest matscript.dll download is not a satisfactory solution, since it fails on systems still running Matlab R13. Is there a universal fix for this problem? I have already checked the related postings. Hey Joxyl! I think the reason why we are not able to do this on R14 is because Mathworks has modified its ActiveX interface -- I dont know if NI has a fix for it yet, but probably the way to go would be to use the previous...

How to display MATLAB version (e.g., "MATLAB 7.1") in Windows taskbar?
I am working on converting some MATLAB code from version 6.5.2 to 7.1 and often have several (up to three) versions of MATLAB running at the same time. Each one shows up in the Windows taskbar with just the name "MATLAB." Is there a way to have it display something like "MATLAB 7.1" and "MATLAB 6.5.2" so I can easily tell which version is which from just the taskbar? Thanks, Peter Neumann This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------080708050208070604060508 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding...

matlab 7.1 and CCS v 3.1
hei all.. i'm using this configuration : 1. EzDSP TMS320F2812 2. Matlab 7.1 (R14SP3) 3. CCS v3.1 is that matlab 7.1 compatible with CCS v3.1? i've use matlab 7.5 and CCS v3.3 but my license is broken due a some problem... Hi, CCS v3.1 dosn't work with Matlab 7.1. let see the following: http://www.kxcad.net/cae_MATLAB/toolbox/ccslink/ug/bqwn8g7-1.html "ravi " <oktober1710@gmail.com> wrote in message <i4ke5f$2k1$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > hei all.. > > i'm using this configuration : > 1. EzDSP TMS320F2812 > 2. Matlab 7.1 (R...

I cannot run Matlab 7.1 properly
After I installed Matlab 7.1, it showed: javax.swing.border.EmptyBorder. <int>(Unknown Source) com.mathworks.mwswing.table.SortedTableHeaderRenderer.getTableCellRendererComponent(SortedTableHeaderRenderer.java:131)... etc. when I run it on Windows 7. I have reinstalled it for several, I still got the same error message. I have the same problem! me to, i have the same problem, but i dont know why doesnt work, i have tried onother java but without results. javax.swing.border.EmptyBorder. <int>(Unknown Source)I have matlab 14. Who know whats the problem? "Kay Zhang"...

Web resources about - Running a GA code (from Matlab 7.1) in matlab 6.1 - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Running - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the type of locomotion in humans. For running in horses, see Horse gait . For locomotion in dogs, see Gait (dog) . For ...

Mina Guli: Australian woman running 40 marathons in 49 days in 7 Desert Challenge
A FEW days ago Mina Guli was running on a polar ice cap, it was minus 20 degrees and there was a white out.

Malcolm Turnbull running bad scare campaign over negative gearing, Labor says
Labor says the Prime Minister has contradicted himself while fighting against its negative gearing policy.

90 percent of Android devices are running an outdated OS
According to new research over 90 percent of Android devices are running an out of date version of the OS. In addition, 32 percent of those in ...

9 new battery technologies that ease your fears of running out of juice
Smartphones are becoming more and more sophisticated mobile PCs, yet device makers still haven't figured out how to significantly improve their ...

Lunatics running the asylum @BloggersRus
Lunatics running the asylum by Tom Sullivan The sooner America legalizes marijuana and collectively lights one up, the better. At the risk ...

Trump Starts Talking About Running Mates After Nevada Win
A day after running the tables in the Nevada caucuses, Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump said he'd likely look for someone with ...

***Horse Race LiveWire*** Trump Not Running Ads In Any Super Tuesday States
***Horse Race LiveWire*** Trump Not Running Ads In Any Super Tuesday States

GOP Gov. Brian Sandoval takes himself out of the running for SCOTUS
His decision comes only a day after CBS News confirmed the White House had been vetting him

Apple Watch's biggest competition is running into problems
We still don't have exact sales numbers on the Apple Watch, but something is clearly having a big impact on Fitbit, Apple's biggest rival in ...