Running MATLAB 32-bit on Windows 7 64-bit

Hello,

After upgrading my OS to Windows 7 64-bit and installing MATLAB 64-bit version, I realized that Target Support Package and Embedded IDE Link do not support Windows 7 64-bit. Target Support Package and Embedded IDE Link are supported on Windows 7 32-bit.

However, I do not have Windows 7 32-bit. A MathWorks tech support engineer suggested installing MATLAB 32-bit on Windows 7 64-bit. However, there is no guarantee that all features in MATLAB will work.

Has anyone worked with MATLAB 32-bit on Windows 64-bit? Please post your experiences.

Thanks,
Shyam.
0
Shyam
1/5/2010 5:52:04 PM
comp.soft-sys.matlab 211266 articles. 13 followers. lunamoonmoon (258) is leader. Post Follow

"Shyam" <shyam.nallabolu@gmail.com> wrote in message <hhvu84$4sf$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> Hello,
>
> After upgrading my OS to Windows 7 64-bit and installing MATLAB 64-bit version, I realized that Target Support Package and Embedded IDE Link do not support Windows 7 64-bit. Target Support Package and Embedded IDE Link are supported on Windows 7 32-bit.
>
> However, I do not have Windows 7 32-bit. A MathWorks tech support engineer suggested installing MATLAB 32-bit on Windows 7 64-bit. However, there is no guarantee that all features in MATLAB will work.
>
> Has anyone worked with MATLAB 32-bit on Windows 64-bit? Please post your experiences.
>
> Thanks,
> Shyam.

I just upgraded to Windows 7 64-bit from Vista 64-bit and now Matlab crashes on startup. I get an "Error starting desktop" message. Still trying to fix it.
0
Tyler