running matlab 7.1 on windows 7

when i start matlab 7.1 on win7, i get the following error message,
error starting desktop,
please help

"V NAVEEN " <anuj.navren90@gmail.com> wrote in message <hirlde$mii$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> when i start matlab 7.1 on win7, i get the following error message,
> error starting desktop,
> please help

a hint:

http://www.mathworks.com/support/sysreq/previous_releases.html

us
0
us1 (8051)

Matlab 7.1 on window 7
I am currently using window 7 ultimate 32bit.. After finish install MATLAB 7.1, the software won't work.. It's appear window with coding..i think it is a error.. before I used vista and the installer work fine... please help.. or should i download another MATLAB version that compatible with Window 7? thanks~ You may have this problem because Matlab needs a Java virtual machine, and the one that is included could not be 100% compatible with Windows 7... you can download an update for the JVM and copy the exe file to the bin matlab folder.... "Khairizan " <commwarr...

Running a GA code (from Matlab 7.1) in matlab 6.1
I have a m file of Genetc algorithm code which is written using the GA toolbox of Matlab 7.I wanted to run this code on a server which is having matlab 6.1..I tried copying all the GA toolbox files and use it along with my code in matlab 6.1.But it is giving an error using function builtin.when i opened the builtin.m file it shows some unintelligible characters.. Is it possible to run this code on matlab 6.1 by any means.. Anil Biradar wrote: > > > I have a m file of Genetc algorithm code which is written using the > GA toolbox of Matlab 7.I wanted to run this code on a server wh...

Does Matlab 7.1 work on Windows 7?
Could someone please tell me. I want to upgrade but it is a critical application for me. As well I don't want to upgrade till 2009b student edition is available in a physical copy. "Benjamin " <bpazolli@gmail.com> wrote in message <hc0vgd$p2r$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Could someone please tell me. I want to upgrade but it is a critical application for me. As well I don't want to upgrade till 2009b student edition is available in a physical copy. I've been able to get MATLAB 7.1 (32-bit) to run on Windows 7 (64-bit) by setting the compatibility mode to &q...

Matlab 7.1 on window 7 #2
I am currently using window 7 ultimate 32bit.. After finish install MATLAB 7.1, the software won't work.. It's appear window with coding..i think it is a error.. before I used vista and the installer work fine... please help.. or should i download another MATLAB version that compatible with Window 7? thanks~ On 10-08-30 01:46 PM, Khairizan wrote: > I am currently using window 7 ultimate 32bit.. > After finish install MATLAB 7.1, the software won't work.. > It's appear window with coding..i think it is a error.. > before I used vista and the installer work fi...

Matlab 7.1 (2005) and Windows 7 Home Premium
I'm able to run Matlab 7.1 in Win7 HP. But when I tried to run this: Output = [Variable'; fcnMat2Cells(Results)] OutFile = [CurDir SubjFdr{q} SsnFdr{y} '_aGC.xls']; % Out filename if exist(OutFile) == 2 delete(OutFile); end xlswrite(OutFile, Output); I encountered this error: ______________________________________________________________________ ??? Error using ==> run Invoke Error, Dispatch Exception: Source: Microsoft Office Excel Description: Microsoft Office Excel cannot access the file 'F:\MRC\Research\Projects\RevBike\LW\Pre_S0\Walk'. There...

Can I install some toolboxes of Matlab 7.1 service pack in Matlab 7.2
In our laboratory we have one license of Matlab 7.1 service pack (with all tool boxes). Recently, we are not using Matlab 7.1 instead we are using Matlab 7.2. This version of Matlab 7.2 is a new license but we bought only few essential toolboxes like control system toolbox etc. However, recently we need to use Statistics toolbox for some design. Therefore, we have to use two versions of Matlab (i.e. both 7.2 and 7.1) which is inconvenient and time consuming. I would like to know: 1. Is it possible to install the statistics toolbox of Matlab 7.1 service pack in Matlab 7.2 ? 2. If possible, wh...

How to display MATLAB version (e.g., "MATLAB 7.1") in Windows taskbar?
I am working on converting some MATLAB code from version 6.5.2 to 7.1 and often have several (up to three) versions of MATLAB running at the same time. Each one shows up in the Windows taskbar with just the name "MATLAB." Is there a way to have it display something like "MATLAB 7.1" and "MATLAB 6.5.2" so I can easily tell which version is which from just the taskbar? Thanks, Peter Neumann This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------080708050208070604060508 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding...

LabView 7.1 and MATLAB 7
LabView 7.1 hangs when I try to send variable to MATLAB 7 workspace using standart LabView to MATLAB script. Nothing appears in MATLAB 7 workspace. When I tried to run the MATLAB Script-Fractal.vi (MATLAB script node has only outputs) from examples directory - everything work fine. When I run the MATLAB Script - Lorenz Diff Eq.vi from examples - error message appears:"Error 1047 occurred at LabVIEW: LabVIEW failed to send variable to the script server. Server:"Inappropriate input array size" in MATLAB Script - Lorenz Diff Eq.vi". Using LabView 7.1 with previous version of ...

how to open Matlab 7.0.1 .fig file in Matlab 6.1?
I am having problem in opening a Matlab 7.0.1 .fig file in Matlab 6.1 The error message says: "Error using ==> open Unable to read MAT file C:\MATLAB6p1\work\problem.fig See FILEFORMATS for a list of known file types and the functions used to read them." ...

"if matlab version 7.1.0.246(R14) service pack 3 will work in windows 7, 32 bit"
As i am not able to open the subjected version in windows 7 32/64 bit even in compatibility mode. system is showing "start error desktop" with long list of files starting with "java" and ending with "source unknown. please give the solution. "manjit singh" <manjit2970@gmail.com> wrote in message news:i9s7o6$ltt$1@fred.mathworks.com... > As i am not able to open the subjected version in windows 7 32/64 bit even > in compatibility mode. system is showing "start error desktop" with long > list of files starting with "java&qu...

matlab 7.1 faster than 7.6 !
Hi all, I've run a pretty demanding program in both matlab 7.1 and 7.6 on the exakt same computer. What takes 4.3 seconds in 7.1 takes 11.5 seconds in 7.6! How is this possible? Is matlab getting slower for each release, or when did this happen?? Hope you can inform me Best PS. Oh, and since 7.1 doesn't run on Vista, and I thus have to use 7.6, this means that my new state of the art laptop runs equally fast as my three years old shitty HP. This sucks. "Pontus " <pontus.rendahl@gmail.com> wrote in message <gd07t7$6nq$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Hi all, >...

Re: LabView 7.1 and MATLAB 7
Hiii, Keelin &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I am sorry that i am replyin on this thread after so much time, but i want to know that, we are using LabVIEW 7.1 at this point of time and we have just started to work on LabIVEW 7.1 and MATLAB 7.0 communication,&nbsp; we have purchase the LabVIEW 7.1 in March 2005, so before that was this bug fixed or it is still there? Thanks, Nishant ...

MATLAB 7.1 works on Win 7?
Hello, Intro: I've got MATLAB 7.1, which up until now I used on my Win XP Home, Lenovo laptop. Recently I bought Win 7 Home Premium, also Lenovo, laptop. Now I'm trying to install and use the same version of MATLAB on a new system. Problem: After inserting CD 1 and choosing Custom installation, at the 'Select destination folder' window - the installation stops and doesn't propagate all toolboxes' list to allow me to choose what I want. The buttons 'Next' & 'Back' are disabled, as well as 'Cancel' & 'Help'. Tried these step...

Labview 7.1 and Matlab 7.4
We had a vi working with Labview 7.1 : Unfortunately University upgraded the common version of Matlab to 7.4(R2007a) from 7.2 - and - the vi stopped working - no error messages while running the vi. 1. does Labview 7.1 support Matlab 7.4.0 2. Is there any patch DLL etc to resolve the problem? &nbsp; Thanks for your help. &nbsp; Mankind Ian, Some More news. I had more interaction with our computer centre and they have sent me an OSD file, which while opening with notepad looks something like Javascript. When running that script, I got my Labview to communicate with the Matlab server -...

Web resources about - running matlab 7.1 on windows 7 - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Running - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the type of locomotion in humans. For running in horses, see Horse gait . For locomotion in dogs, see Gait (dog) . For ...

Inside Running: Trainers unhappy with Geelong Racing Club after track switch - HeraldSun Search Search ...
TRAINERS weren’t happy with the decision by the Geelong Racing Club on Sunday morning to switch Monday’s trials from the Geelong track to the ...

Endless running meets football and hockey in these new Blocky games
... (pictured above), Blocky Football takes the basics of a well-known sport and combines them with the fast-paced action of endless running gaming. ...

DOD running short of smart bombs in ISIS campaign
... smart bombs have been dropped during the roughly 9,000 missions flown by US Air Force and Navy aircraft that the Department of Defense is running ...

Walking the Walk: DeRay McKesson Is Running for Mayor of Baltimore
... who becomes the first of the prominent post-Ferguson activists to seek public office, said in a phone interview on Wednesday night. “I’m running ...

Donald Trump Is Running as a Conservative Republican
... presumably in a business-like manner. I recite the main points of Trump’s brief remarks to highlight the fact that on the issues he is running ...

Elijah Cummings Will Not Be Running For Senate In Maryland
In the last couple of days Republicans Reid Ribble or Wisconsin and Stephen Fincher of Tennessee have announced they won't be running for reelection. ...

Time is running out for Europe and the US to agree a new 'Safe Harbor' scheme to transfer private consumer ...
Time is running out for negotiators working on a new transatlantic data transfer scheme between the European Union and the US ahead of a Tuesday ...

Time running out for lottery winner to claim huge prize
California authorities warn of deadline coming up for what could be largest unclaimed prize in state history

This Ketchup Ad With Running Wiener Dogs Is the Most Majestic Thing You'll See All Day
Sure, this is a commercial for condiments but let's face it, we're only watching for the puppies. Maybe it's wrong to dress dogs up as food ...