Running matlab from batch file

START "" /WAIT C:\Apps\R2008bNetwork\bin\matlab.exe -nodesktop -
nosplash -r evldu
START "" /WAIT tskill matlab

I want task 1 to complete before task 2 is executed. It is not working
out as expected. How can I do it?

I simply want Matlab to close after task 1 is done.

On Mar 21, 3:17=A0am, n o s p a m p l e a s e <nospam.ple...@alum.com>
wrote:
> START "" /WAIT C:\Apps\R2008bNetwork\bin\matlab.exe -nodesktop -
> nosplash -r evldu
> START "" /WAIT tskill matlab
>
> I want task 1 to complete before task 2 is executed. It is not working
> out as expected. How can I do it?
>
> I simply want Matlab to close after task 1 is done.

How about running your job with a third script, in which the two tasks
you mentioned will be executed.
On Mar 21, 11:04=A0am, xianmin...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Mar 21, 3:17=A0am, n o s p a m p l e a s e <nospam.ple...@alum.com>
> wrote:
>
> > START "" /WAIT C:\Apps\R2008bNetwork\bin\matlab.exe -nodesktop -
> > nosplash -r evldu
> > START "" /WAIT tskill matlab
>
> > I want task 1 to complete before task 2 is executed. It is not working
> > out as expected. How can I do it?
>
> > I simply want Matlab to close after task 1 is done.
>
> How about running your job with a third script, in which the two tasks
> you mentioned will be executed.

Well I will executing the above two task in a DO LOOP and they have to
run in the different directories. That is why I have to close Matlab
after it is executed once.
On Mar 21, 5:17=A0am, n o s p a m p l e a s e <nospam.ple...@alum.com>
wrote:
> START "" /WAIT C:\Apps\R2008bNetwork\bin\matlab.exe -nodesktop -
> nosplash -r evldu
> START "" /WAIT tskill matlab
>
> I want task 1 to complete before task 2 is executed. It is not working
> out as expected. How can I do it?
>
> I simply want Matlab to close after task 1 is done.

try:

START "" /WAIT C:\Apps\R2008bNetwork\bin\matlab.exe -nodesktop -
nosplash -r "evldu;exit"

....I'm assuming evldu is evldu.m

I know this would work with R2007a but am currently having trouble
with the /WAIT aspect in R2008b myself.