running matlab gui executable(.exe) file in windows without matlab installed.

is it possible to run an executable file derived from matlab gui, in windows pc without matlab and MCR installed?

praveen
0
praveen
12/15/2009 7:45:03 AM
comp.soft-sys.matlab 211266 articles. 17 followers. lunamoonmoon (258) is leader. Post Follow

"praveen " <praveenignatius17@gmail.com> wrote in message <hg7epv$ntp$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> is it possible to run an executable file derived from matlab gui, in windows pc without matlab and MCR installed?
>
> praveen

My understanding - for what its worth - is that you need to have either Matlab or the MCR installed.

Regards

Dave Robinson
0
Dave
12/15/2009 10:08:01 AM
"Dave Robinson" <dave.robinson@somewhere.biz> wrote in message <hg7n61$3sk$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> "praveen " <praveenignatius17@gmail.com> wrote in message <hg7epv$ntp$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> > is it possible to run an executable file derived from matlab gui, in windows pc without matlab and MCR installed?
> >
> > praveen
>
> My understanding - for what its worth - is that you need to have either Matlab or the MCR installed.
>
> Regards
>
> Dave Robinson
can anyone confirm it pls.
0
praveen
12/15/2009 12:55:05 PM
You are incorrect.  You do need MCR.
Someone who has MATLAB and has the Compiler (http://www.mathworks.com/
access/helpdesk/help/toolbox/compiler/index.html?/access/helpdesk/help/
toolbox/compiler/br2jauc-1.html) can compile the MATLAB m-file into a
standalone executable that can run in Windows.  The developer would
need to distribute the MATLAB run time library (MCRInstaller.exe which
the target computer needs to run/install), the executable file that is
created by the compiler (YourApp.exe or whatever it's called), and any
ancillary files that are needed such as splash images, documentation,
sample data files etc. (because these are used at run-time and are not
built in to the executable).
0
ImageAnalyst
12/15/2009 2:20:16 PM
Either the MCR or MATLAB is required.

> is it possible to run an executable file derived from matlab gui, in
> windows pc without matlab and MCR installed?
>
> praveen

0
Peter
12/15/2009 5:19:27 PM
I can also confirm, you must install MCR for the particular version of matlab the .exe was generated with.

Look up Matlab deployment tool project there is a good amount of documentation on this subject.
0
cabrego