Shift + Right Click

Is there any way to monitor for a Shift + Right Click in Matlab?

This isn't an option in the Selection Type property of figures, but
I'm hoping for an easy way to determine if there was a Shift + Right
Click. If not there's always Ctrl + Left Click I suppose...
0
ian6992 (20)
5/31/2006 7:00:44 PM
comp.soft-sys.matlab 210022 articles. 11 followers. lunamoonmoon (258) is leader. Post Follow

Distinguish Shift - click left and Shift
Is there a way to distinguish the SelectionType property in a figure for a Shift - click left and Shift - click right? Both result in the SelectionType 'Extend'... Thx "Stefan" <s@m.de> wrote in message <hpkik9$5c3$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Is there a way to distinguish the SelectionType property in a figure for a Shift - click left and Shift - click right? > Both result in the SelectionType 'Extend'... > > Thx Hi Stefan, if you are in a callback function you can use this example with small changes, taken from the figure prope...

How to do >>(right shift) and <<(left shift) in Matlab?
Hi all, How >>(right shift) and <<(left shift) 2'complement number (both positive and negative integer). Is x>>2 equal to floor(x/4)? And is x<<2 equal to x*4? Best regards, Davy Soho wrote: > Hi all, > > How >>(right shift) and <<(left shift) 2'complement number > (both positive and negative integer). > > Is x>>2 equal to floor(x/4)? > > And is x<<2 equal to x*4? > > Best regards, > Davy > Does bitshift: http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/ref/bitshift.html do what you wa...

Signed right shift in Matlab?
Hi all, I want to find a emulation method in Matlab. For it only provide unsigned shift(function bitshift). But I need a signed version. %% out=in>>n; %% in and out both in signed integer Function[out]=right_shift(in,n) floor(in/(2^n)); When right shift, copy signed bit to right. Is the function right? Best regards, Davy ...

Right-click context menu that can pass values when right-clicking a link??

Skybuck presents ShiftLeft( Left, Right, Shift ) and ShiftRight( Right, Left, Shift )
Hello, I think these two functions will come in very handy to solving the "write longword bits" problem. ShiftLeft( Left, Right, Shift ) ShiftRight( Right, Left, Shift ) Shifting with extra inputs is what is required to solve it nicely. // Begin of Code *** program Project1; {$APPTYPE CONSOLE} { Skybuck presents ShiftLeft( Left, Right, Shift ) and ShiftRight( Right, Left, Shift ) version 0.01 created on 5 may 2008 by Skybuck Flying. Be carefull though, the shift parameter must be 0 to 31. } uses SysUtils; // make overloaded versions for easy coding // display in big endian. procedure WriteBitPattern( const ParaByte : byte ); overload; type TbitRange = 0..7; TbitSet = set of TbitRange; var vBit : TbitRange; begin for vBit:= 0 to 7 do begin if vBit in TbitSet(ParaByte) then begin write('1'); end else begin write('0'); end; end; end; procedure WriteBitPattern( const ParaWord : word ); overload; type TbitRange = 0..15; TbitSet = set of TbitRange; var vBit : TbitRange; begin for vBit:= 0 to 15 do begin if vBit in TbitSet(ParaWord) then begin write('1'); end else begin write('0'); end; end; end; procedure WriteBitPattern( const ParaLongWord : longword ); overload; type TbitRange = 0..31; TbitSet = set of TbitRange; var vBit : TbitRange; begin for vBit:= 0 to 31 do begin if vBit in TbitSet(ParaLongWord) then begin write('1'); end else begin write('0&...

soft right-click on asus a8js
hey when pressing the right-click on my onboard mouse, it's really hard to get a response. the left-click is solid though. i own an asus a8js. anyone have a fix for this? thx kris On Thu, 25 Oct 2007, Kris Panahon wrote: > hey > > when pressing the right-click on my onboard mouse, it's really hard to > get a response. the left-click is solid though. i own an asus a8js. > > anyone have a fix for this? > > > thx > kris Kris, I know of one thing called "DEOXIT" that works miracles on much stuff like roller inductors in ant tuners etc. ...

Matlab arithmetic bit shifting right
Does anybody know how to perform an arithmetic bit shift right in Matlab? I tried using bitshift, but it cuts off the decimal points (i.e. bitshift(6.625,-2) = 1, but it should be 1.75). I have also tried to get the binary number using the bitget function, but it too cuts off the decimal points and returns (1100 or 6). Thanks in advance. "John Ryan" <jballgame20@aol.com> writes: > Does anybody know how to perform an arithmetic bit shift right in > Matlab? I tried using bitshift, but it cuts off the decimal points > (i.e. bitshift(6.625,-2) = 1, but it should be 1.75). I have also > tried to get the binary number using the bitget function, but it too > cuts off the decimal points and returns (1100 or 6). Thanks in > advance. The bit*** functions assume "flints", or integers represented as floating point values. What binary value do you think you should get for 6.625? -- Peter Boettcher <boettcher@ll.mit.edu> MIT Lincoln Laboratory MATLAB FAQ: http://www.mit.edu/~pwb/cssm/ Also, starting in version MATLAB 6.5 (Release 13) non-flint inputs to bitshift actually error: >> bitshift(6.625,-2) ??? Error using ==> bitshift Inputs must be integers. whereas before it would have silently truncated 6.625 to 6. Penny Anderson The MathWorks, Inc. "Peter Boettcher" <boettcher@ll.mit.edu> wrote in message news:m3zn8lp9jd.fsf@coyote.llan.ll.mit.edu... > "John Ryan" <jballgame20@aol.com> wri...

Shift-click, control-click
Dear All, I am working on a piece of Javascript code that needs to detect a mouse-click, shift-click and control-click. The code is not my own - it is a part of a much larger suite of routines. The code as it stands does not work in Firefox, and I suspect that the task of feature detection (which currently depends on browser detection) can be carried out better. The result should be that opcode is set to 0,1 or 2 dor click, control-click and shift-click. I post the entire function below. Thanks Paul function click(e) { if(!e) e=window.event; var mX=null; var mY=null; var opcode = 0; ...

shift left, shift right
Hello, Is there any command to shift left or right a vector ? thanks for your reply. patrice: <SNIP ...Is there any command to shift left or right a vector... a hint: help circshift us Try these: 4.1 Vectors To shift and rotate the elements of a vector, use X([ end 1:end-1 ]); % shift right/down 1 element X([ end-k+1:end 1:end-k ]); % shift right/down k elements X([ 2:end 1 ]); % shift left/up 1 element X([ k+1:end 1:k ]); % shift left/up k elements Try this link: <http://www.cs.huji.ac.il/course/2003/impr/matlab/MatlabTip.pdf> -TRO patrice wrote: > > > H...

Right Click, Left Click
i have used macs exclusivly for years. I am confused by this right and left click thing. I know it is microsoft terminology, but what exactly is it? -- Panta Rei In article <never-D1E0E5.16380824022005@nntp0.pdx.net>, clw <never@home.org> wrote: > i have used macs exclusivly for years. I am confused by this right and > left click thing. I know it is microsoft terminology, but what exactly > is it? Two-button mouse, left and right buttons. The left button is equivalent to the single Mac button. The right button is similar to Ctrl-Click on the Mac. You can use a 2-button mouse on a Mac. Bill -- To send e-mail, remove .invalid In article <never-D1E0E5.16380824022005@nntp0.pdx.net>, clw <never@home.org> wrote: > i have used macs exclusivly for years. I am confused by this right and > left click thing. I know it is microsoft terminology, but what exactly > is it? If you put a 2 button mouse on your Mac, then left click is your normal mouse click as you know and love. Right-click is the same as Control_key-left-click Not being a Windows person, I think Right-Click is somewhat similar in that it is context dependent on what happens when you right-click, but I think it typically gives you a pop-up list of options to perform. But then again I could be wrong about Windows. Bob Harris > i have used macs exclusivly for years. I am confused by this right and > l...

right/left shift + click, mouse wheel scroll
Hello, I am new to this group - have searched ubuntuforums and winehq but haven't found too much related with my problem. Not quite sure this is wine related or xorg.conf related, please let me know if a known issue. The issue is appearing for any recent versions of wine up to current 0.9.45 (have tried on last 5-6 versions), on ubuntu 6.06 and 7.04. My windows app is developed in Borland Delphi and works almost 100% well under wine. The one problem I noticed so far is that is not responding when Shift+clicking on buttons, as expected (under MS Windoes, this opens specific repor...

Right click and left click in a canvas ?
Hello Everybody (?!), I have a canvas in a window, and I would like to show a contextual menu with the right click (which works fine, thank you) and also have another action happen whan the user does a left click. If I place a "return true" in the mouse down event in order to catch the left click in the mouse up event, then I loose the right click... How do you get a canavas to react to both right and left click ? Thanks Patrick Patrick B wrote: > How do you get a canavas to react to both right and left click ? In the MouseDown event, try if not Is...

distinguish between left click to right click?
hello, how can I distinguish between a left mouse click to a right mouse click when I'm inside the "ButtonDownFcn" of a uicontrol/graphic handle that is, for example: set(handleList, 'ButtonDownFcn', {@ButtonDownOnObject,figureHandle} ); when executing the buttondown function due to a mouse click, how can I know if it was a left or right mouse click that caused the event ? "ohad gal" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:eeeb39b.-1@webx.raydaftYaTP... > hello, > > how can I distinguish between a left mouse click to a right mouse > cli...

what does SHIFT-left-or-right of up-down-left-right do?
Well, I know about shift up-and-down: shift-right ("red" or whatever) up and down on choose-box, HIST, things like that, take the cursor all the way to the beginning or the end. shift-left ("white") on up and down scroll the screen-full up or down (the FIRST such click *stupidly* goes to the final CURRENTLY-ON-SCREEN choice or whatever (meaning TWO double-button-pushes to scroll-down that FIRST time.) What are some of the OTHER possibilities, ie with the left and right arrows? Oh, apparantely undocumented, I've found (via mistaken key-pushes) that RIGHT-arrow will do a SWAP (on stack), and that an UP-arrow gets you into HIST (that HIST is *one nice feature*!) Other tricks with those arrows? Thanks! David David Combs wrote: > Well, I know about shift up-and-down: > > shift-right ("red" or whatever) up and down on > choose-box, HIST, things like that, take the > cursor all the way to the beginning or the end. > > shift-left ("white") on up and down scroll the > screen-full up or down (the FIRST such click > *stupidly* goes to the final CURRENTLY-ON-SCREEN > choice or whatever (meaning TWO double-button-pushes > to scroll-down that FIRST time.) > > > What are some of the OTHER possibilities, ie with the > left and right arrows? > > > Oh, apparantely undocumented,...

Click, DoubleClick, and Right-Click on ListView
How do I trap clicking events on the icons on listview? Hi, The listed below Windows messages are sent to notify a control's parent window that the user has clicked the mouse button within the control: NM_CLICK NM_DBLCLK NM_RCLICK NM_RDBLCLK http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/commctls/common/notifications/nm_click.asp http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/commctls/common/notifications/nm_dblclk.asp http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/shellcc/...

touchpad: how to middle-click, right-click
Hi, Is possible to middle-click/right-click without the mouse ? I found Ctrl-click stands for middle-click in firefox, but not in other apps. I've tried various combinations with Ctrl, Alt, click, no luck. ;-( thanks in advance, -- William Ciao William Xuuu, nel tuo messaggio dicevi: > Is possible to middle-click/right-click without the mouse ? Which distro do you use? In my debian I have set Fn+ctrl as middle click and Fn+alt as right click. I think the default behaviour of mouse emulation of ppc is the use of F10 and F11 keys. Try them. -- On Oct 5 1991, 8.53 AM; Linus Bened...

Left Shift / Right Shift Operators
Hi, Is there any way to catch the losing bit occurring due to Right Shift Operator ? e.g int a = 5 ; a = a >> 1 ; // // a is now 2 and the least significant bit is lost // // I want this solution for the question: "How to find if the number is even or odd using only "<<" or/and ">>" operators ?" On Thu, 29 Nov 2006, Santosh Nayak wrote: > > Is there any way to catch the losing bit occurring due to Right Shift > Operator ? int a = 5; int lost_bit = a & 1; a = a >> 1; /* now lost_bit holds the lost bit */ > ...

left shift then right shift an unsigned int
Hello, for the following code: unsigned int var = 0xFF2277F0UL; unsigned char take2 = (var << 8) >> 24; Is there any pitfall about the shift? (get '22' i.e. 34 or '"' as wanted) Thanks and best regards, Wenjie On 11 Jul 2003 04:07:43 -0700, gokkog@yahoo.com (Wenjie) wrote: >Hello, for the following code: > unsigned int var = 0xFF2277F0UL; > unsigned char take2 = (var << 8) >> 24; >Is there any pitfall about the shift? (get '22' i.e. 34 or '"' as wanted) It looks OK to me... -- Bob Hairg...

Java left shift and right shift operators.
I have a problem where I have to do left shift and right shift. Long N; int shiftby; output = N >> shiftby; Above N is shifted right. Example if N=11101101 [binary value] will become: 1110110 when shiftby=1; will become: 0111011 when shiftby=2; will become: 0011101 when shiftby=3; will become: 0001110 when shiftby=4; will become: 0000111 when shiftby=5; will become: 0000011 when shiftby=6; will become: 0000001 when shiftby=7; When I want to shift left I can use output = N << shiftby; //[Not change in sign "<<" instead of ">>"] Above N is shifted left. Example if N=11101101 [binary value] will become: 111011010 when shiftby=1; will become: 1110110100 when shiftby=2; will become: 11101101000 when shiftby=3; will become: 111011010000 when shiftby=4; will become: 1110110100000 when shiftby=5; will become: 11101101000000 when shiftby=6; will become: 111011010000000 when shiftby=7; I have to use use left shift and right shift to shift Number right/ left depending on value of shiftby if (shift>0) output = N >> shiftby; else output = N << (-shiftby);// working but inefficient. I am using above shift operator many times. I want to get rid of the if then else condition. As If condition takes a lot of time. I want something like output = N >> shiftby; where N is shifted left / right automatically if shiftby is -ve then shift left otherwise shift right. I tried using below function divider=2^shiftby; /...

Right click and doube click is very slow with notepad
Hi People! I have an esoteric problem that needs your knowledge and wisdom. My PC is into a VLAN, I'm working with Windows XP proffessional... The problem is the following: When I perform right click on txt file or when I want to open that file the system takes a huge time...and I have to wait for centuries (almost)... I don't have idea where the problem is... so that I'm requesting your help... Thanks in advance for your support. Rgds. Sebastian sebastian.galera@gmail.com writes: > Hi People! > > I have an esoteric problem that needs your knowl...

how to locate right slot in a range with right-shifting and offset?
Hi all, Assume I non-uniformally break down a range from 0 to (2^10)-1 into (2^4)-1 blocks. |----|---|------|---|......|--| 0 5 7 (2^10)-1 For a given value x (x may be from 0 to 2^10-1), I would like to locate what block x should be in. For example if x is 6, I want to find the second block (from 5 to 7) in the above figure. ( x is integers). In a technical report, for this task, I see they use the operator: block_address=x >> shift_amount + offset_amount. (>> is right shift). where shift_amount and offset_amount are the same for all values of x. (all ...

Touch Screen equivlaent of shift-click and control-click
Is there an accepted or well established touch screen alternative to shift-click (meaning "extend selection") and control-click (meaning "add to selection")? Thanks - Rowan ...

no right click
Does anyone know the following: I am considering to put a javascript in my pages that will prohibit someone from copying my content with ctrl c or a right mouse klik. What if the browser does not support javascript. Wil u user in this case still be able to copy content? Jaap Zuidersma "Jaap Zuidersma" <zuidersma30@zonnet.nl> wrote in message news:546ed$429364aa$3ea65147$5257@news.versatel.nl... > Does anyone know the following: > > I am considering to put a javascript in my pages that will prohibit someone > from copying my content with ctrl c...

shift-click
hi watir and rubyer, i am currently trying watir features. is ruby or watir support **shift-click**(open in new window) or right click then pointing to open in new window? i searched both terms on this groups, seems like having no discuss like this. i also search google and i found stuff asking about right click pointing. the solution is maybe autoit? http://rubyforge.org/pipermail/wtr-general/2007-March/009834.html so, does watir give "shift-click"? add some notes on other tools i've tried greasemonkey on firefox it utilizes javascript to get this feature in GM_openInTab(Link.href) we know IE has no new tab(IE7 will put this in), so i have only choice to open in new windows ...

Web resources about - Shift + Right Click - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Shift JIS - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... style . The references used may be made clearer with a different or consistent style of citation , footnoting , or external linking . Shift ...

Turnbull Islamic council visit marks shift for Muslims under pressure
Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull's visit to Islamic centres in Victoria mark a shift in the relationship, Muslim groups say.

Sydney shooting: Ingleburn hostage was working his first shift at factory
One of the men who was taken hostage during a deadly six-hour siege in Sydney's south-west on Monday says he was working his first shift at the ...

App Store shifts to updating ‘Best New Apps’ more often under Phil Schiller’s leadership, calls it place ...
Signs of change are beginning to surface on the App Store after December 17th’s notable leadership changes involving Apple’s Worldwide Marketing ...

Coalition MPs shift tax sights to super
The government's tax plans risk being squeezed further with rebellious Coalition backbenchers shifting their sights to superannuation.

Republicans Shift to Last-Ditch Plan to Stop Trump at Convention
... Donald Trump’s dominant performance on Super Tuesday, which included victories in seven of 11 states, has prompted a swift and sudden shift ...

Salesforce CEO Marc Benioff says there's a major shift happening in business software
Salesforce CEO Marc Benioff says there's a huge shift taking place in the business software space that'll shape the future: smarter and more ...

Va. Officer Slain On 1st Shift Laid To Rest
CBS Local Va. Officer Slain On 1st Shift Laid To Rest CBS Local WOODBRIDGE, Va. (WJZ)—Nearly 4,000 people packed a Northern Virginia chapel ...

Donald Trump shifts gears on torture: "I will be bound by laws"
CBS News Donald Trump shifts gears on torture: "I will be bound by laws" CBS News Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump, who has ...

iOS 9.3 beta 5开启低电量将禁用Night Shift
NightShift是苹果在iOS9 3中增加的主要功能之一 在iOS9 3beta5中 昨天我们曾报道了控制中心的NightShift开关又作出了一些改动 它不再弹出对话框让用户选择 TurnOnForNow 或者是 TurnOnUntilTomorro