Simulink: Continuos time, time-invariant operations

Hi,

I want to do pretty trivial stuff in Simulink but don't know how to deal
with it:

- Continuous time operation, if possible variable step solvers

- A signal should come from MATLAB workspace and be sampled (that's just
"From Workspace")

- The simulation time is divided into M periods (M ~ 1000) and in each
period, the signal should be multiplied by a different sinusoid

- This signal is fed into different, continuous time transfer functions

- At the end of each period (e.g., given as timestamps) the current
value of the continuous signal should be saved (sampled) and exported to
MATLAB

So I would need either a (continuous time) sine source where the
frequency can be changed over time. Or some way to create 1000
sinusoidal blocks (without copy&pasting them) and MUXing the correct
source at each time.

Any ideas how to implement this?

Thanks
Peter

0
Peter
8/28/2014 12:23:35 AM
comp.soft-sys.matlab 211266 articles. 17 followers. lunamoonmoon (258) is leader. Post Follow

MATLAB discrete time simulation of simulink model (Control simulink simulation time from MATLAB)
I am trying to run a simulink model simulation in definite time steps from MATLAB so that I can extract data from simulink, do some caluclations and send these new data back to Simulink for further simulation from the point I left off. The process can be descirbed below: Note that total simulation time is 600 seconds. 1. Start simulation from MATLAB for 100 seconds and then pause the simulation 2. Extract all the data I need from simulink and bring into MATLAB, do some calculations to changes simulink model parameters and then pass this new calculated data back to simulink. 3. Continue th...

Matlab keeps crashes time after time when using Simulink
Hi, every time I use SIMULINK (just programming) Matlab keeps crashing in random intervals. First Matlab states: 'MATLAB hat ein Problem festgestellt und muss beendet werden.' (~ Matlab encountered a problem and has to be stopped) Afterwards Matlab crashes/quitts . I appritiate any ideas. Thanks, Michael Hello Michael, i am having the same problem. were u able to resolve it ?? thanks. Michael Schiek wrote: > > > Hi, > every time I use SIMULINK (just programming) Matlab keeps crashing > in > random intervals. > First Matlab states: > 'MATLAB hat ein Pro...

time.clock() or time.time()
What's the difference between time.clock() and time.time() (and please don't say clock() is the CPU clock and time() is the actual time because that doesn't help me at all :) I'm trying to benchmark some function calls for Zope project and when I use t0=time.clock(); foo(); print time.clock()-t0 I get much smaller values than when I use time.clock() (most of them 0.0 but some 0.01) When I use time.time() I get values like 0.0133562088013, 0.00669002532959 etc. To me it looks like time.time() gives a better measure (at least from a statistical practical point of view). peterb...

time.time or time.clock
I'm having some cross platform issues with timing loops. It seems time.time is better for some computers/platforms and time.clock others, but it's not always clear which, so I came up with the following to try to determine which. import time # Determine if time.time is better than time.clock # The one with better resolution should be lower. if time.clock() - time.clock() < time.time() - time.time(): clock = time.clock else: clock = time.time Will this work most of the time, or is there something better? Ron On Jan 14, 7:05 am, Ron Ad...

time.time()
am I doing this wrong: print (time.time() / 60) / 60 #time.time has been running for many hours if time.time() was (21600/60) then that would equal 360/60 which would be 6, but I'm not getting 6 so I'm not doing the division right, any tips? On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 13:01:40 -0500, Bart Nessux <bart_nessux@hotmail.com> wrote: >am I doing this wrong: > >print (time.time() / 60) / 60 #time.time has been running for many hours > >if time.time() was (21600/60) then that would equal 360/60 which would >be 6, but I'm not getting 6 so I'm not doing the divisi...

Is time.time() < time.time() always true?
So, I was blazin' some mad chronix, as they say, and got on to thinking about Python. The question was, is the statement: time.time() < time.time() always true? Seems it should be false, since the statement itself occurs at one time instant.. but of course we know that python doesn't execute code that way.. So my question is, why doesn't Python work this way? (PS, I wasn't smoking anything, its a figure of speech :) ) On 21 Nov 2006 15:10:25 -0800, flamesrock <flamesrock@gmail.com> wrote: > So, I was blazin' some mad chronix, as they say, and got on to th...

Importing Real Time Data into Simulnk. Operating Simulink in Real Time
Hi Everybody. I am using the Simulink 'Workspace input/output pane' and an 'Inport' block to import data into a Simulink model. The data that I want to import into Simulink is updated periodically. I am using a timer function in Matlab to read and import the data and am saving the data into a Workspace variable called 'Wind'. This variable is a structre array without time. The value of the variable changes every time the Timer updates it. However, once the Simulink model has started the value of the variable that is imported into the model using the 'Inport' ...

How can I use a Matlab function, whose inputs varies with time (real time function), in simulink
Hello I need your help I would llike to know how can I use a Matlab function, whose inputs varies with time (real time function), in simulink. Thank you in advance Hiba ...

RE: Is time.time() < time.time() always true?
Chris Mellon wrote: > On 21 Nov 2006 15:10:25 -0800, flamesrock <flamesrock@gmail.com> > wrote:=20 >> So, I was blazin' some mad chronix, as they say, and got on to >> thinking about Python.=20 >>=20 >> The question was, is the statement: >>=20 >> time.time() < time.time() >>=20 >> always true? Seems it should be false, since the statement itself >> occurs at one time instant.. but of course we know that python >> doesn't execute code that way.. So my question is, why doesn't >> Python work this way?=...

time in milliseconds by calling time.time()
I am trying to measure some system response time by using the time.time () or time.clock() in my script. However, the numbers I get are in 10s of milliseconds. For example, 1248481670.34 #from time.time() 0.08 #from time.clock() That won't work for me, since the response time may be only a few milliseconds. My environment is Solaris 10 with Python 2.4.4 (#7, Feb 9 2007, 22:10:21). SunOS 5.10 Generic_137112-07 i86pc i386 i86pc The tricky thing is, if I run the python interpreter and import the time module, I can get a time floating number in better precision by cal...

Convert Windows Time to Matlab Time
I have a data logger that is inserts a Windows system time stamp in the form of a serial data number on data that is being logged. From some poking around, I see that Matlab's serial data number is the days that have passed since 01-Jan-0000 and the Window's serial data number is the days that have passed since 01-Jan-1601. Is there a built-in Matlab function that converts the system time stamp to a date string or vector? I have searched high and low and any help would be much appreciated. It seems like a fairly common thing that would be needed and am not going to reinvent the w...

Simulink: time series / time format
Hello, I am working with measurements which I pass to a Simulink model. These values are measured at a specific time and date. So I converted these measurements into a time series object and pass this variable / object via a “From Workspace” Block to the model. The simulation works fine, but my output is just linked to basic Simulink simulation time (for example t = 1 to 10 and not 1. January 2013 to 10. January 2013) Is there an easy way to tell Simulink, that it should use the time format of my input “From Workspace” time series as the time basis for my output? Thank you very ...

delta time = time stop
I'm using Python to parse a bunch of s/w test files and make csv files for later report generation by MS ACCESS....(my boss loves the quick turn-around compared to C). Each log file may contain one or more 'sessions', and each session may contain one or more 'nodes'. Each session in the log has an ASCII start and stop time, as does each node. I have the basic parse part done for parameters, errors, etc., but noticed my routine for determining how long each session/node took (delta time) was a bit repetitive, so decided to make a 'stand-alone' routine to handle th...

how can i use my time as simulation time in Simulink?
i type the following commands to set the simulationstime of matlab. lw = [ttc', lwc']; rw = [ttc', rwc']; rg = [ttc', rgc']; tt=[ttc', ttc']; [ts,xs,ys] = sim('EBM_P2',tt(end),[],lw,rw,rg,tt) my time has the value 1x332 double ,but ts has the value 415x1 double. ts has the value 1x despite of giving the time("ttc") matlab use his simulationtime. how can set my time as simulationtime? please answer me. thanks for your helping. ...

Web resources about - Simulink: Continuos time, time-invariant operations - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Time-invariant system - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
If a time-invariant system is also linear , it is the subject of LTI system theory (linear time-invariant) with direct applications in NMR spectroscopy ...

Social Networks Over Time and the Invariants of Interaction
We're all embedded within social networks, and studying those networks can help researchers quantify human behavior. Mathematician and Social ...