simulink generate single pulse (only 1 pulse)

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

How can i generate only one pulse in simulink

something like this :
         __
_____| |_______________________________________________

please help ..
thanks
0
Reply mo 8/31/2010 9:23:08 AM

See related articles to this posting

Use the summation of 2 step blocks.

E.g. a step from 0 to 1 at time t=10, added to a step from 0 to -1 (note the minus) at time t=20 will give you a pulse of height 1 from t=10 to t=20.

Phil.
0
Reply Phil 8/31/2010 2:22:08 PM

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Simulink Pulse Generator with amplitude between -1 and +1
Okay - I've got Simulink up and running and I'm using the Pulse Generator with a pretty simple transfer function and the scope. I would like however to use a pulse that goes from -1 to +1 instead of from 0 to +1. Is there any way to alter the Pulse Generator block so that the amplitude is between -1 and +1? Thanks. "JustADude Rupert" <jasonkrupert@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:hkvpvk$llb$1@fred.mathworks.com... > Okay - I've got Simulink up and running and I'm using the Pulse Generator > with a pretty simple transfer function and the scope. ...

Simulink or Matlab Random Pulse Generator with specified qty of pulses
Does anyone know how to easily generate a randomly spaced pulse in simulink or in a general matlab script? I am trying to create an "upset" pulse in a simulink model but with a specified maximum quanitity of upsets (pulses). I'd like to be able to specify "X" pulses +/- "Y" to occur at randomly spaced intervals over tspan = T. Any ideas out there? On Nov 13, 10:47 am, "Jeremy " <jeremy.p.har...@boeing.com> wrote: > Does anyone know how to easily generate a randomly spaced > pulse in simulink or in a general matlab script? I am...

How to use single Timer to generate PWM PULSE, Pulse ON time measurement, Event time measurement1,Event time measurement2
Hi,I am planning to use a single Timer to generate PWM PULSE, Pulse ON time&nbsp; measurement, Event time measurement1,Event time measurement2 some one please suggest me how can I achive this.Thanks in advance..Michael Hi Michael, It would be really good to understand your application a little more so that any specific needs that you have may be met. In the meantime, I would also suggest searching on ni.com for "pwm" or other keywords that relate to your application. You will see a faceted navigation on the left side that allows you to narrow your search for example code, tutori...

Single pulse generator
When a conditional expression outputs true i want it to trigger a pulse with settable amplitude and duration (in seconds). Kind of like what the "pulse" function does but only a single pulse and also triggered. Regards Theodor I should probably add that this is for Simulink. Cheers Hi, I am having the same problem. did you find a way to do it. thanks ...

pulse generator (Simulink)
Hello, I have a problem with Simulink. I need to generate a falling triggered subsystem, which produces one 5 sec impulse. Can I use the pulse generator, because I need only one period. If I can use it, how can I manage to get only one period? Many thanks Jan ...

simulink block: pulse generator
How to build up a simulink block of a pulse generator with variable pulse width and duty cycle from its input ports? where, Pulse width and duty cycle in each cycle are generated from a S-Function. Thanks a lot! ...

Triggered pulse generation [simulink]
I'm pretty much a beginner. I'm trying to create a rising edge triggered pulse in simulink (ultimately for dSpace), with another delayed pulse from the same trigger source. I have tried to create a triggered subsystem, then use signal builder to create the pulse feeding an output port. I connect the output to a unit delay. I now trigger the subsystem with a pulse generator block, and observe the trigger, pulse output and delayed output on a scope block. The trouble is, the system does not behave as I would expect - the pulse in the subsystem occurs at the beginning of th...

Programmable pulse generation (Simulink)
Hi, I would like to make a pulse generator which can take a frequency input and generate pulses at that frequency. The pulse generator included in Simulink isn't sufficient as it can not take an input from other blocks in the simulation. I've tried downloading the Programmable Pulse Generator (by Dustin) in the File Exchange section, but this .mdl file doesn't work on either of the two version of Matlab I've tried it on (v7, R14 and R2007a). This is a simple task, but I can't seem to get it figured out. Please help. Thank you. Andr? Campher Hi...

Pulse generator block in Simulink
Dear all, Is it possible to set the period parameter in pulse generator block as variable? The period parameter is not fix and some times change during simulation. Thank you. "Riadi Riadi" <a_riadi_a@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:h82e6q$4a7$1@fred.mathworks.com... > Dear all, > > Is it possible to set the period parameter in pulse generator block as > variable? > The period parameter is not fix and some times change during simulation. > > Thank you. Choose time-based and external signal for time (t): http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/t...

How to generate a sequency of Chirp pulses in simulink?
I would like to generate a chirp signal (say 1s duration) and then repeat the chirp every 10s. The output should be 0 for the rest of 9s in one cycle. The chirp block in Signal Processing blocksets can generate chirp signal, but it always immediately repeat itself after the sweep time. I know I can multiply the repeated chirp by a rectangular pulse to achieve what I need. But is there any more efficient way of doing the same? Any hint is appreciated. Chunru ...

simulink block: random pulse generator
the Pulse Generator source in the simulink library could only generate a regular pulse with constant freqency and duty cycle. However, I need to build up a pulse generator block with a series of random pulse signal, whose width and duty cycle are always determined by an outside S-Function discrete outputs (the outputs port of S-Function is connnected to the input port of this Pulse Generator). That is, the S-function calculates the width and duty-cycle for each discrete step, then this desired pulse is generated by this random pulse generator. How can I realize pulse generator block? Thanks...

HELP. How to generate a single delayed pulse strobe in VHDL
This may seem an elementary VHDL question to all of you, but I am an analog designer that is learning how to use VHDL in some of my projects. Can anyone show me how to write a simple VHDL code that generates a single delayed pulse strobe anytime its triggered by a single pulse input signal. I have a 1 MHz source connected to my Altera FPGA that can be used in this application. Any Help is appreciated. Thanks in advance. Hi, LRCR schrieb: > This may seem an elementary VHDL question to all of you, but I am an > analog designer that is learning how to use VHDL in some of my > p...

Changing the firing angle using a pulse generator on simulink (Matlab)
I'm building a model on simulink and need to change the firing angle using the pulse generator block. The firing angles that I require are 30, 45 and 60 degrees. On the simulink circuit there are two thyristors and each thyristor has one pulse generator going into it. What would I have to change the values of the pulse generator to, to obtain the angles mentioned above? "Daryl" wrote in message <jlh6m4$f56$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > I'm building a model on simulink and need to change the firing angle using the pulse generator block. The firing angles tha...

How can I generate Gaussian pulse using DAQ-6036E, BNC-2110 on Laview 7.1?
Hi everyone I am trying to use the vi as follows: Sample Finder&gt;Hardware input output&gt;&gt;DAQmx&gt;Generate Digital Pulse Signal (Counter output)&gt; Gen Dig Pulse Train-Continuous.vi From the beginning of this work, I have problem. When I execute the vi, I got error message. The message says that the physical channel specified does not exist&nbsp;on this device. Maybe, I have to indentify the physical channel. How can I do this? Could you let me know overall step&nbsp;after&nbsp;setting the physical channel, &nbsp;that I have to take to get the Gaussi...

How to generate a single output pulse on 64 different digital out lines (PCI-6513) each with a different start time relative to an event in a main program loop.
Long question. &nbsp; I am running a main program loop of 60 msec. At one point in the loop I create a 64 element array of delay times. At that point I need to begin outputting a predefined single pulse to each of the 64 lines on my PCI-6513. Each line outputs the pulse&nbsp;with a starting delay&nbsp;set by the "delay time" in the array. &nbsp; Each delay time is such that the pulses will be done before the next loop commands another one. &nbsp; Thank You &nbsp; Roger Hi, You have multiple ways of doing this, since there is no timing engine on the 6513 you...

Conversion of Rectangular pulses into Gaussian pulses in Simulink
Dear All, I want to create a block in simulink which converts incoming rectangular pulse train into Gaussian Pulse train. The Gaussian Pulse would have double the pulse width of the rectangular one. The mean value remains same where as the variance is the width of rectangular pulse. Can anyone help me out? Thanks in advance, S.K. Sahoo " I want to create a block in simulink which converts incoming rectangular pulse train into Gaussian Pulse train. The Gaussian Pulse would have double the pulse width of the rectangular one. The mean value remains same where as the variance is the w...

How do I create random pulse heights for BNC555 pulse generator?
I am trying to use a BNC555 to create a pulse with a random magnitude. The library given by NI has been great to start, but I cannot seem to take the adjustable pulse height and transform it to a random pulse height. Any ideas? Has anyone seen this done? you can take the output from the 555 and run it through a multiply node, with a random number generator applied to the second input (multiplier) Eric This sounds like a great idea. The multiplier is something that I found out would be necessary as the rise time is significantly different if you use the adjustable feature of the BNC555. Th...

How to count "Generate Pulse Train" pulses
hi! i�ve got an pci-mio-16e4 plus scb68 connector block. what i want do do is, to count the pulses generated by the daq-vi "generate pulse train" which puts a ttl puls train signal on the gpctr-out pin. the problem is, that if i connect that pulse signal to an counter input, the pulse train will somehow disappear. can someone give me an hint how to count that kind of pulse train pulses? thnx + best regards holger Hi Holger, The best way to perform your couter operations is by adapting the shipping examples in LabVIEW. These examples will typically be found under the Help menu ...

Generate Pulse train and delayed pulse train 6071E
Hi I have a 6071 E board with&nbsp;Labview 8.5&nbsp;and I am trying to generate 2 finite pulse trains one needs the first one should have no delay and the second one should be just like the first but with an adjustable delay.&nbsp; &nbsp; I tried searching for examples with no luck &nbsp; Chris Hi Chris, Let me know if the screen shoot helps, you will find it by clicking on help-&gt;find example. Then the Counter Output create task VI the first one in most of the examples has an input for the delay.&nbsp;<a href="http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/i...

how to get random sequence from pulse generator in sample based pulse type
when using pulse generator in sample based pulse mode output is 1 and 0 in periodic mode but how to get random 0 and 1 ...

Pulse Generator
Hi there I would like to generate a pulse with a varying duty cycle in Simulink. The thing is I have got a sequence of duty cycle values [41%, 63%, 54%...] in an array but, unluckily, I have no clue how to introduce this information to the Pulse Generator Block. In fact, Simulink represents "n" different pulse patterns for 0<t<20ms instead of a unique one with varying duty cycle (for example: 41% for 0<t<1e-4; 63% for 1e-4<t<2e-4; and so on). I should be grateful if anyone could help. Cheers, Juan ...

Pulse generating
hi i want to generate with matlab a N-cycle Sinusoid with Rectangular Envelope for UWB transmission. can you tell me how to do? thanks ecko wrote: > > > hi > i want to generate with matlab a N-cycle Sinusoid with Rectangular > Envelope for UWB transmission. > can you tell me how to do? > thanks The following code assumes that your rectangular window is 1024 samples long - obviously you need to specify this. I have also assummed that N is 10 - again put in whatever you want. The resulting vector of samples is stored in Pulse. You might want to include an Amplitude term - ...

Pulse generation
I want to generate many gaussian pulses using a matlab loop. Can you help please!! Tanks rim.cherif wrote: > > > I want to generate many gaussian pulses using a matlab loop. Can > you > help please!! > Tanks > > See pulstran ...

Pulse Generation
Hi, I have a PCI-MIO-16E-4 DAQ card and the SC-2345. I'm trying to generate pulses to run a stepper motor through the digital I/O terminal block of the SC-2345. I'm using an Allegro UCN5804B stepper-motor translator/driver to run the motor which is where I need to send the pulses. I'm relatively new to LABVIEW so any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks I have not used the 5804B but you probably will lend a digital line out high or low to the dirrection pin (and maybe even to the full or half step pin) using a DIO output line (see the examples in labview for setting DIO li...