Slider-crank mechanisms

Hi

Please help me:
How to compute position vectors of a slider-crank mechanism using
MATLAB?

BBSok
0
200305431 (3)
8/17/2005 9:40:53 PM
comp.soft-sys.matlab 207188 articles. 1 followers. lunamoonmoon (258) is leader. Post Follow

Twisteri slider
hello i want to creat a volume object in gui(for example volume in softscope that tune offset or scale in data Acquisition toolbox or volume in jetaudio player that change volume of sound) how i can creat this in gui i want use it as a slider in my gui ...

controlling a axes limits by a slider
Hello, I am Chanikya, I am doing a project for identifying the syllables in a bird song. I created a GUI, I added two axes and a slider to the GUI. One axes is for plotting signal, and other axes is used for plotting the spectrogram of the signal. I wanted to control both the axes limits by slider. By moving the slider both the plots should change(move to the next limits). I am not able to do this. Can you please give me suggestions for doing this. Thanks for your time and consideration. Regards, Chanikya Konda. Hello, can anyone help me. Thanks in advance Regards, Chaniky...

Help with slider incorrectly changing xlims
I'm trying to make a (2,1) subplot with a slider. The top plot is a continuous function and the bottom plot is comments about that function. Everything plots fine, but the first time I use the slider the text I place becomes jumbled out of order and I can't imagine why. As an example, if the bottom plot contained the comments '1' '2' '3' '4' in order, then once I use the slider '3' '1' '4' '2' becomes how they're displayed. I'm not exactly sure what order it jumbles them into, but I could use some help. Code...

why slider disapear?
hi,all. I create a GUI with sliders to show image. I only set the attributes min and max,but when i almost drag the slider to the end(max),the slider disappear,and the command window show the message: Warning: slider control can not have a Value outside of Min/Max range Control will not be rendered until all of its parameter values are valid. why this happened? thank you in advance. qu qu wrote: > hi,all. > I create a GUI with sliders to show image. I only set the attributes > min and max,but when i almost drag the slider to the end(max),the > slider disappear,and the command...

Slider Potentiometer needed for Acorn MEU
Slider Potentiometer needed for Acorn MEU We need to replace under warranty the Volume slider on an Acorn MEU. It is 45mm long with a travel of 30mm Being audio it is dual. The one we have that has a broken slider on it is marked: 15A100K[Ohm]X2 9302 We've looked on RS, CPC, Farnell, ebay and can't find anything suitable. We are resigned to getting one who's pin positions are different but can cope with that. At present the best I can find only match two of the four key specs 100K Dual 30mm travel Log (Mid point reads as 16K) Can anyone point us to a suita...

US-TX-Austin: Mechanical Engineer, CAD, MS Office, Microsoft project (45355357604)
US-TX-Austin: Mechanical Engineer, CAD, MS Office, Microsoft project (45355357604) ================================================================================== Position: Mechanical Engineer Reference: ZYD00154 Location: Austin TX Duration: Skills: CAD proficiency MS Office and Microsoft project experience Excellent verbal and written communication skills Scope: Design and conduct analyses of complex electro-mechanical products. Assist in developing technical specifications and product ...

Mechanize select list help...?
Hi. I'm using the excellent WWW::Mechanize to screen scrape a site for UK frost dates (don't ask ;) there's a lot of issues with the HTML not being grand, so I thought that's where I am going wrong in my code, but I'd be really grateful if somebody could give me a steer on this as I've been trying for hours, and the documentation only gets me half-way :) Here's the code. All I want to do is select each of the 100 or so towns in the select list, follow the link via the submit button and scrape the first and last frost dates from the resulting page. Here's the...

Contoling a Slider with a joystick in a GUI
hy I want to move a slider using a joystick in a GUI file. Does anyone know if this is possible? I try using AI = analoginput('adaptor',ID) but i don't now my joystick ID ...

Epistemology 301: Mechanical Pluralism
Mechanical Pluralism ~v~~ In order to facilitate analysis of phenomena in mechanical terms a certain nomenclature is introduced to replace the more cumbersome terminology of differences, differences between differences, and that principle compounded in terms of itsef. We shall simply abbreviate differences as D and the level of compounding between differences as multiples of D as in 1D, 2D, 3D, and 4D. 1D is just the Newtonian realm of equal and opposite reactions for matter and material interactions generally; 2...

sliders
hey i'm trying to create a slider "pulserange" with the range from 100 - 1060, and when i move it, it will zoom in and out of a graph.. here is what i have done so far: - i changed the initial value from 100-1060 - then i put this code in the create function of the slider: initval = 100; set(handles.pulserange,'Value',initval); then in the area of were i want to change the graph, i have: k = get(handles.pulserange,'Value'); my errors include: ?? Attempt to reference field of non-structure array. Error in ==> letsdoit>puls...

GUI sliders
I have created a GUI figure with a plot area and two slider bars. However, I have no idea on which property to change or what code to add to change the max and min values of the scrollbars. Also, how would I perform a block of code such as plot(x,y) on the plot area of the GUI after a button click? Thanks, Stanley In article <b3eec965-f08f-4827-9d09-79bad0c132c0@64g2000hsw.googlegroups.com>, ssylee <stanigator@gmail.com> wrote: >I have created a GUI figure with a plot area and two slider bars. >However, I have no idea on which property to change or what code to >add to...

slider
How can I associate a slider to a graph so that I can see another part of the axes? Thanks in advance coral alonso wrote: > > > How can I associate a slider to a graph so that I can see another > part of the axes? > Thanks in advance Look at Stephen Lord's example: <http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/loadFile.do?objectId=1670&objectType=file> ...

Linking Radio buttons with a Slider
Hi, I have a problem trying to link my radio buttons (which are already grouped) with a slider. I grouped it by using the function in GUIDE, i'm using Matlab 7. My objective is to have the silder move to the value/position that my radio buttons click on. Currently although my buttons are exclusive to each other but the slider doesn't respond. Can someone please help? Thanks! Below are the codes i've written: function unitgroup_SelectionChangeFcn(hObject, eventdata, handles) if (hObject == handles.button1) v=6; set(handles.slider1, 'value', v); else if...

sliders... again
I want a piece of static text to read out the value of a slider. I would like this to be updated everytime the slider is moved (and mouse released, say). Ideally, I would also like to the text be editable - and the slider jump to a new position when new text is entered. Is there a way to do some or all of this without having the user click more 'done' buttons - I want it all to update the minute the mouse is clicked. Thank you "Tim Hallett" <timothy.hallett@imperial.ac.uk> wrote in message news:ef05892.-1@webx.raydaftYaTP... >I want a piece of static text to rea...

Lotus 123 R9 database mechanics
I have created in the past simple flat databases as in a phone book type environment. I am attempting to create a simple INVOICE type database where I use an invoice template for data entry, and another identical one to recall an entry or print. What I can not figure out is if INVOICE # 2 has 2 jobs under description. IE washing dishes 5 Hrs & the next line drying dishes 2 hrs. The how do you save this in order to re-call it as all tghe other entries use 1 line and the description & hours field have the possibility of several fields? Thanks Davis Sounds like you ne...

generative mechanical design ...
(This is a CATIA-related question, not AutoCAD, but my news-reader didn't seem to have a working CATIA newsgroup) I've been reading lately about "Generative Mechanical Design", which is most prominently implemented in CATIA V5, but I can't seem to find much information on how it actually works in practice (the overwhelming majority of stuff is just vague marketing fluff :-) So, tell me if I'm on the right track here ... Does this system actually automatically synthesise, from scratch, a manufacturable design (in terns of the geometry of its consti...

Panasonic KX-P4440 SatinPrint mechanical grouching noise
We've rescued an old Panasonic KX-P4440 SatinPrint from a factory, and for a while it printed OK, but recently it's taken to making a very mechanical graunching noise like cogs slipping. I suspect this is part of the paper feed mechanism as the image is affected when we here the noise a lot. Is anybody familiar with this problem ? Is there an easy fix ? Failing that, are service manuals available for this machine anywhere ? Cheers, J/. -- John Beardmore ...

how does the slider work?
dear all! i would like to have a slider which i can use to try different thresholds on an image. i already wrote the algorithm for the threshold and i have a gui for a slider. how to combine them? thank you!! binaa "Binaa M?ller" <g.s.trapp@herts.ac.uk> wrote in message <h6uach$p49$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > dear all! > > i would like to have a slider which i can use to try different thresholds on an image. i already wrote the algorithm for the threshold and i have a gui for a slider. how to combine them? > > thank you!! > > binaa % Could you ...

Kernel crash, version 7.0, windows XP, when using slider in Manipulate with Dynamics plot on control area
Hi; I was wondering if someone has a real Mathematica debugger that they could use to help me find where this bug is? I do standard mathematica. I spend the last 6 hrs on this, and can't find the problem. I do not have a debugger, so it is impossible to find where the bug is since it is a kernel crash and I do not see what I am doing wrong. One thing I know is that if I all the Epilog code in the code, the problem goes away. This is the problem: I have a manipulate, with a plot being drawn using Dynamics in the control area. The plots uses control variables. When ...

using slider for tcp ip
i am using labview to create a tcp ip connection.. in my client i am using a slider, and i want the slider on my server side moving along with the slider on client side.. currently i am stuck in case structure for the slider on server side.. can some one solve it for me?? SHSClient.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/317544/1/SHSClient.vi SHSServer.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/317544/2/SHSServer.vi Hello Mahe something that really can help you create this behavior is using shared variables and Front Panel Binding.&nbsp; you just need to bind both sliders to th...

Contrast Slider
For a school project i'm trying to create a gui that pulls up an MRI image and has a slider bar which adjusts the contrast of the image. I'm able to load the MRI image but my slider bar doesn't change the contrast. I don't understand which function to use and how to go about doing this!!! Any help???? "Kris Langheinrich" <bubs2407@gmail.com> wrote in message <fudh42$d6$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > For a school project i'm trying to create a gui that pulls > up an MRI image and has a slider bar which adjusts the > contrast of th...

Slider
Hi, I want combine a slider with a component, but I don't know the name of it. Often, a slider is paired with a field so that the user can enter a precise value. This field looks like a combobox for numbers. But I found examples only with a text field. And combobox are for text and images. Can somebody help me please? Viele Gr��e Rita Rita Erfurt wrote: > Hi, > > I want combine a slider with a component, but I don't know the name of it. > Often, a slider is paired with a field so that the user can enter a precise > value. This field looks like a combobox for ...

SN#21013 News Bites
SYSTEM NEWS FOR SUN USERS Vol 130 Issue 2 2008-12-12 Article 21013 from section "News" Short News Items of Interest to the Sun User Community - Python 3.0 Available for Download - Songbird 1.0 Released - OpenOffice.org 3.0 Reviews - OpenSolaris Time Slider Screencast - IEEE and TOG Man Pages Added to OpenSolaris 2008.11 Release [url "http://blogs.systemnews.com" "http://blogs.systemnews.com"] Details at http://sun.systemnews.com/g?A=21013 Have a custom version of 'System News...

Trouble with sliders
Hello everybody, I am a freshman in programming and try to do my first steps with Matlab. I would like to generate a GUI but the sliders keep bothering. My problems are: The slider vanishes if I set the Min to 1: ss = 1/slices ; %smallstepsize bs = 10/slices ; %bigstepsize set(hObject,'Min',1,'Max',slices,'SliderStep',[ss bs]); When I try to manage the problem by setting the Value to 1, I cannot move the slider any more. Another slider is working but sometimes it vanishes as well. I cannot say why. To me this seems very random. I would be very glad if somebody c...

What's the meaning of these sliders display?
Hi, h=figure; uicontrol('Style','slider','units','normalized','Pos',[.1 .9 .8 ..03],'SliderStep',[.1 1]); uicontrol('Style','slider','units','normalized','Pos',[.1 .8 .8 ..03],'SliderStep',[.1 .9]); uicontrol('Style','slider','units','normalized','Pos',[.1 .7 .8 ..03],'SliderStep',[.1 .8]); uicontrol('Style','slider','units','normalized','Pos',[.1 .6 .8 ..03],'SliderStep',[.1 .7]); uicontrol('Style&#...