slow optimization using nonlcon with GA within matlab toolbox and mixed integer problem using GA within Matlab

greeting all,

i'm using nonlcon(nonlinear inequality constraint) with GA from the toolbox provided by matlab. does anyone notice the extreme slowlness in evaluating nonlinear constraint as compared to other linear constraint?

my problem for nonlinear constraint is as follow
c(1)=x+y^2-2*ones(N,1)
where x and y are Nx1 vector.
which means if N increases, the size of constraint increases.

and to clarify, the min problem is sometime like
min c'z
where z=[x;y], which means x and y are some range of variable within z(just a matter of problem formulation)

well, is there anyone with other alternative or is it possible or method in including non-linear constraint directly to fitness function?
(well, actually nonlcon deals nonlinear constraint by using Augmented Lagrangian Pattern Search from what i see from the help file, or am i wrong?)

and one more question, is there anyone that attempt to attempt to apply mixed integer problem into the GA in matlab?
For now, i can only switch before pure integer or pure real number problem, but not mixed at the moment. I will be trying to add in some repair operator to fix up the variable that needs to be integer and other remaining in real number.

I'm not sure why you are using ga to solve your problem. Did you find
fmincon unsatisfactory in any way?

Alan Weiss

On 5/10/2011 11:53 PM, terry wrote:
> greeting all,
>
> i'm using nonlcon(nonlinear inequality constraint) with GA from the
> toolbox provided by matlab. does anyone notice the extreme slowlness in
> evaluating nonlinear constraint as compared to other linear constraint?
>

> my problem for nonlinear constraint is as follow
> c(1)=x+y^2-2*ones(N,1)
> where x and y are Nx1 vector.
> which means if N increases, the size of constraint increases.
>
> and to clarify, the min problem is sometime like
> min c'z
> where z=[x;y], which means x and y are some range of variable within
> z(just a matter of problem formulation)
>

> well, is there anyone with other alternative or is it possible or method
> in including non-linear constraint directly to fitness function?
> (well, actually nonlcon deals nonlinear constraint by using Augmented
> Lagrangian Pattern Search from what i see from the help file, or am i
> wrong?)
>

> and one more question, is there anyone that attempt to attempt to apply
> mixed integer problem into the GA in matlab?
> For now, i can only switch before pure integer or pure real number
> problem, but not mixed at the moment. I will be trying to add in some
> repair operator to fix up the variable that needs to be integer and
> other remaining in real number.

0
aweiss (880)
5/11/2011 12:22:41 PM
Actually, i'm just doing some research and testing GA ability to solve problem. by right, it should be able to be suited to most type of linear programming, thought it may be inefficient and slower in all way.

Alan Weiss <aweiss@mathworks.com> wrote in message <iqdv2h$sug$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> I'm not sure why you are using ga to solve your problem. Did you find
> fmincon unsatisfactory in any way?
>
> Alan Weiss
> MATLAB mathematical toolbox documentation
>
> On 5/10/2011 11:53 PM, terry wrote:
> > greeting all,
> >
> > i'm using nonlcon(nonlinear inequality constraint) with GA from the
> > toolbox provided by matlab. does anyone notice the extreme slowlness in
> > evaluating nonlinear constraint as compared to other linear constraint?
> >

> > my problem for nonlinear constraint is as follow
> > c(1)=x+y^2-2*ones(N,1)
> > where x and y are Nx1 vector.
> > which means if N increases, the size of constraint increases.
> >
> > and to clarify, the min problem is sometime like
> > min c'z
> > where z=[x;y], which means x and y are some range of variable within
> > z(just a matter of problem formulation)
> >

> > well, is there anyone with other alternative or is it possible or method
> > in including non-linear constraint directly to fitness function?
> > (well, actually nonlcon deals nonlinear constraint by using Augmented
> > Lagrangian Pattern Search from what i see from the help file, or am i
> > wrong?)
> >

> > and one more question, is there anyone that attempt to attempt to apply
> > mixed integer problem into the GA in matlab?
> > For now, i can only switch before pure integer or pure real number
> > problem, but not mixed at the moment. I will be trying to add in some
> > repair operator to fix up the variable that needs to be integer and
> > other remaining in real number.
Nonlinear constraints are difficult (slow) to solve using GA. For
details of the algorithm, see
http://www.mathworks.com/help/toolbox/gads/bqf8bdd.html

Alan Weiss

On 5/12/2011 2:29 AM, terry wrote:
> Actually, i'm just doing some research and testing GA ability to solve
> problem. by right, it should be able to be suited to most type of linear
> programming, thought it may be inefficient and slower in all way.
>

> Alan Weiss <aweiss@mathworks.com> wrote in message
> <iqdv2h$sug$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
>> I'm not sure why you are using ga to solve your problem. Did you find
>> fmincon unsatisfactory in any way?
>>
>> Alan Weiss
>> MATLAB mathematical toolbox documentation
>>
>> On 5/10/2011 11:53 PM, terry wrote:
>> > greeting all,
>> >
>> > i'm using nonlcon(nonlinear inequality constraint) with GA from the
>> > toolbox provided by matlab. does anyone notice the extreme slowlness in
>> > evaluating nonlinear constraint as compared to other linear constraint?
>> >

>> > my problem for nonlinear constraint is as follow
>> > c(1)=x+y^2-2*ones(N,1)
>> > where x and y are Nx1 vector.
>> > which means if N increases, the size of constraint increases.
>> >
>> > and to clarify, the min problem is sometime like
>> > min c'z
>> > where z=[x;y], which means x and y are some range of variable within
>> > z(just a matter of problem formulation)
>> >

>> > well, is there anyone with other alternative or is it possible or
>> method
>> > in including non-linear constraint directly to fitness function?
>> > (well, actually nonlcon deals nonlinear constraint by using Augmented
>> > Lagrangian Pattern Search from what i see from the help file, or am i
>> > wrong?)
>> >

>> > and one more question, is there anyone that attempt to attempt to apply
>> > mixed integer problem into the GA in matlab?
>> > For now, i can only switch before pure integer or pure real number
>> > problem, but not mixed at the moment. I will be trying to add in some
>> > repair operator to fix up the variable that needs to be integer and
>> > other remaining in real number.

0
aweiss (880)

INface toolbox problem using Matlab
This problem is on the INface toolbox method. This is rather simple but I still cannot get it. I followed the instructions and stuff but I still have errors which I cannot remove. After running check_install, all the functions are supposed to be working properly. However, I still have 2 errors (listed below), which hindered my progress. Function "adaptive_nl_means_normalization" is NOT working properly. Function "nl_means_normalization" is NOT working properly. "Darras " <ronaldinho_darras9@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:jipjv7$s0q$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com... > This problem is on the INface toolbox method. This is rather simple but I > still cannot get it. I followed the instructions and stuff but I still > have errors which I cannot remove. > > After running check_install, all the functions are supposed to be working > properly. However, I still have 2 errors (listed below), which hindered my > progress. > > Function "adaptive_nl_means_normalization" is NOT working properly. > Function "nl_means_normalization" is NOT working properly. You're going to need to either contact the author of the toolbox for assistance: http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/26523 or provide a LOT more information about what exactly "is NOT working properly" means before anyone on the group would have enough knowledge to understand what's gone wrong and h...

Can MATLAB optimization toolbox be used in C ??
Hi, I am currently using C-language to solve certain problem. One of the sub-parts of this problem involves large scale optimization. I wanted to know whether there is any way to use MATLAB optimization toolbox in C. Or, Is there any way to make a stand alone executable in MATLAB that can include that toolbox?? Thanks, Kumar Vishwajeet "kumar vishwajeet" <kwzeet@gmail.com> wrote in message news:ja4j2u$if3$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com... > Hi, > I am currently using C-language to solve certain problem. One of the > sub-parts of this problem involves large scale optimization. I wanted to > know whether there is any way to use MATLAB optimization toolbox in C. Or, > Is there any way to make a stand alone executable in MATLAB that can > include that toolbox?? Take a look at the MATLAB Engine interface: http://www.mathworks.com/help/techdoc/matlab_external/bp_kqh7.html and/or MATLAB Compiler: http://www.mathworks.com/help/toolbox/compiler/ -- Steve Lord slord@mathworks.com To contact Technical Support use the Contact Us link on http://www.mathworks.com ...

Matlab Toolboxes used
After code has been written, Is there a way to check which toolboxes have been used? I receive p-code to run on my system from academics who have access to all toolboxes. Thank-you ...

matlab use
suggest me the online tutorial of MATLAB . On 2/27/2012 2:06 AM, azim kumar wrote: > suggest me the online tutorial of MATLAB . Best way to learn any language is to solve a simple problem you are familiar with. This way you know what the answer should be, and it is a matter of coding it to obtain the answer, and you'd have a goal to work for. Matlab itself has many on-line tutorials. Help->Online tutorials. --Nasser ...

Help: Optimization using Matlab
Hello all, I need to find the optimal value of x for the function (1- x^2/2R^2)^(1/x) in terms of R. Could someone please help, how I could do it in Matlab? Thanks a million, --Johnson fminsearch or fminbnd User10 wrote: > > > Hello all, > > I need to find the optimal value of x for the function (1- > x^2/2R^2)^(1/x) > in terms of R. > Could someone please help, how I could do it in Matlab? > > Thanks a million, > --Johnson > > > ...

What is the best way to import Excel files, with stock data, into Matlab? I’m using Matlab R2010b (64-bit)
What is the best way to import Excel files, with stock data, into Matlab? I’m using Matlab R2010b (64-bit) I’m trying to import historical prices of stock data. Matlab keeps cutting off the header of each column; it gives me only values. I am thinking that this is a data-type-mixing-issue, or whatever it’s called. I have ‘Dates’ in ColumnA, and ‘MSFT’, ‘PWER’, ‘KO’, and ‘SBUX’, in ColumnB-ColumnE. Basically, if I put the Excel file in my Matlab folder and double-click the file, I see the values in a matrix (no dates and no headers), I hit ‘Next’. Then, I see only one option; one radio button is enabled – ‘Create variable matching preview’. The other two options, ‘Create vectors from each column using column names’ and ‘Create vectors from each row using row names’ – both are greyed out. I’ve seen videos, on YouTube and on the Matlab site, where people import excel data and these options are NOT greyed out. No matter what I do, there options are ALWAYS greyed out. The problem is, when I click ‘Finish’ in my ‘Workspace’ I have a variable named ‘data’ all values in a 575x4 matrix, but I have NO DATES and I have NO HEADERS on the columns. All of this seems to go into another variable, called ‘textdata’; all dates and headers ate in textdata. This is VERY inconvenient. I’m trying to analyze some stock data and I have no headers, so I have no idea which stock is which (I can figure it out, but I think Matlab should do this for me). Also, I have no dates corresponding to ...

What code does matlab use for Matrix multiplication? Does it use Strassen?
I am getting unexpectedly fast results using matlab's matrix multiplication and I am wondering if it is doing something besides straight multiplication, such as using strassen's algorithm. I am benchmarking the matrix multiply at over 30 GigaFlops on my cpu, however, I am running only one thread (using -singleCompThread at startup), and my computer is 2.25 Ghz. Since I am doing single precision, SSE instructions allow 4 multiplies or adds per instruction, this allows 9 Gigaflops. Most computers can execute multiple instructions at once, however I know from my own tests, and consulting the intel manual: http://www.intel.com/content/dam/doc/manual/64-ia-32-architectures-optimization-manual.pdf (table C-10 and C-10A) that my computer can do at most 2 floating point operations in one cycle. This puts the theoretical maximum bound at 18Gigaflops, yet MATLAB seems to give much higher performance. How can this be? Below is my code that I tested with sz=2.^(0:12) for s=1:numel(sz) A=rand(sz(s),sz(s),'single'); tic; A'*A; t=toc; fprintf('sz=%d, time=%3.3gms, GFlops=%3.3g\n', sz(s), t*1000, 2*size(A,1)^3/1e9/t) end OUTPUT sz=1, time=0.0457ms, GFlops=4.37e-005 sz=2, time=0.0199ms, GFlops=0.000803 sz=4, time=0.00634ms, GFlops=0.0202 sz=8, time=0.0086ms, GFlops=0.119 sz=16, time=0.0086ms, GFlops=0.952 sz=32, time=0.029ms, GFlops=2.26 sz=64, time=0.0503ms, GFlops=10.4 sz=128, time=0.268ms, GFlops=15.7 sz=25...

Shall i use the misrosoft Visual c++ code from a m-file generated from matlab in Visual C++ with out matlab runtime environment
undefined ...

Using data acquisition toolbox of matlab
Hi, I am working on the project with DAQ toolbox of Matlab with NI USB x6336 device. However, I have few progress on it. My problem needs to use trigger, analog input and timer/counter input/ output. More specifically, I use a digital pin to output a 2MHz clock to an external device (counter); for every 100 ms, I will read analog data from the external device, for which I need to send a pulse on another digital pin as read signal (counter and trigger). I have been reading the introduction and related material on DAQ toolbox for couples of days. To get the trigger functionality, I need to use the legacy interface; however, to use the timer/counter, I need the session interface. I am not sure if there is any solution to this problem? Thanks! ...

Problem using Matlab Script in Labview
Hi All, I'm a relative new user of labview. I've to work on both matlab and labview. But I'm not able to execute any matlab script in labview as it returns an error saying "Error message from server". I'm currently using Labview-6 and Matlab-6.5. I tried with the Matlab running. It did not help. Could anybody help me out regarding this as it is a very urgent requirement for my task. Regards Srijith Try reading this article from our website, I think it addresses your issue. <a href="http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/CE309627064A3D5686256A9C005B0A5F?OpenDocument" target="_blank">http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/CE309627064A3D5686256A9C005B0A5F?OpenDocument</a> I hope this helps. Casey Weltzin, National Instruments ...

Problem using Excel Add-in in Matlab
Hi, I am using a VBA macro saved as an Excel Add-In and am trying to use this formula in the Excel workbook ( using xlswrite in Matlab). However, I am getting the error #NAME? I tried the following: I clicked on the yellow triangle on the left of #NAME and clicked on "Error Checking options". On the new window called Excel Options, I clicked "Excel Addin": I could see the VBA function under the "Active Application Addin" I also clicked on "Manage Excel Addin" and clicked on the checkbox VBA_Function(). However, whenever I call the function in the cell, I get an error #NAME?. Any idea how to fix it ? I can use the Excel Addin manually though, but with Matlab it does not seem to work. Thanks ...

Environmental Modeling Using MatLab and Econometric Analysis Using Stata
This three month long course introduces the use of MatLab for Environmental Modeling and leads to develop advanced level comprehensive skills in both Environmental Modeling and use of MatLab. The course also introduces the basic and advanced Econometric Modeling in the area of Environmental Economics and using Stata. The course is aimed towards Environmental Economists, Environmental Practioners, Students and faculty to develop hands on Environmental Modeling, MatLab, Econometrics and Stata. There is dire need for such course in the realm of today=92s fast moving Technological era and development of new models and theories to understand, apply and extend. This course helps in these dimensions. The course starts on May 20, 2012. Live class and interactive discussion 5 Days a Week, 2 Hours A Day Lectures Last Date to Register: April 30, 2012 Main topics to be covered are: 1. Fundamentals of Modeling, Principles and MATLAB 2. Transport Solutions 3. Transport with Decay and Degradation 4. Transport and Kinetics 5. Transport and Equilibrium Reactions 6. Ordinary Differential Equations =96 Dynamical Systems 7. Parameter Estimation 8. Flow Modeling 9. Groundwater Drawdown by Pumping 10. Aquifer Base flow and 2D Meshing 11. Potential and Flow Visualization 12. Stream function and Complex Potential 13. 2D and 3D Transport Solutions (Gaussian Puffs and Plumes) 14. Image Processing and Geo-referencing 15. Compartment Graphs and Linear Systems 16. Non...

Error using LMI matlab toolbox!!SOS
A=[-1 -2 1; 3 2 1; 1 -2 -1;]; B=[1 0 1]' E1=[-1 -2 1; 1 3 2; 2 -2 -1;]; E2=[0 0 1]'; D=[0 0 1]'; setlmis([]) T=lmivar(1,[3 1])%3x3 symmetric matrix Y= lmivar(2,[1 3])%1x3 matrix % 1st LMI lmiterm([1 1 1 T],1,A,'s')%A*T+T*A' lmiterm([1 1 1 Y],-1,B,'s')%_B*Y-(B*Y)' lmiterm([1 1 1 0],D*D')%D*D' lmiterm([1 2 1 T],1,E1)%E1*T lmiterm([1 2 1 Y],-1,E2)%-E2*Y lmiterm([1 2 2 0],-1)%-beta^2*I<-----how to put gamma also. % 2nd LMI lmiterm([-2 1 1 T],1,1)%T>0 <-------? LMISYS = getlmis gamma1=mat2dec(LMISYS,T,Y) options = [1e-5,0,0,0,0]; [gamma1opt,qopt]=mincx(LMISYS,gamma1,options) [gamma1opt,yopt]=mincx(LMISYS,gamma1,options) Topt = dec2mat(LMISYS,qopt,T) Yopt = dec2mat(LMISYS,yopt,Y) I have to minimize beta, and to find matrices T and Y. I am getting errors. I do not if the code is correct. The matrix inequality is: M=[A*T+T*A'-B*Y-Y'*B'+D*D' (E1*T-E2*Y)'; E1*T-E2*Y -beta^2*eye(3);] Thanks In advance. "tho" wrote in message <iul0d5$dcg$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... This is the one. Forget the previous. > A=[-1 -2 1; 3 2 1; 1 -2 -1;]; > B=[1 0 1]' > E1=[-1 -2 1; 1 3 2; 2 -2 -1;]; > E2=[0 0 1]'; > D=[0 0 1]'; > setlmis([]) > T=lmivar(1,[3 1])%3x3 symmetric matrix > Y= lmivar(2,[1 3])%1x3 matrix > > % 1st LMI > lmiterm([1 1 1 T],1,A,'s')%A*T+T*A' > lmiterm([1 1 1 Y],-1,B,'s')%_B*Y-(B*Y)' > lmiterm([1 1 1 0...

Environmental Modeling Using MatLab and Econometric Analysis Using Stata #2
This three month long course introduces the use of MatLab for Environmental Modeling and leads to develop advanced level comprehensive skills in both Environmental Modeling and use of MatLab. The course also introduces the basic and advanced Econometric Modeling in the area of Environmental Economics and using Stata. The course is aimed towards Environmental Economists, Environmental Practioners, Students and faculty to develop hands on Environmental Modeling, MatLab, Econometrics and Stata. There is dire need for such course in the realm of today=92s fast moving Technological era and development of new models and theories to understand, apply and extend. This course helps in these dimensions. The course starts on May 20, 2012. Live class and interactive discussion 5 Days a Week, 2 Hours A Day Lectures Last Date to Register: April 30, 2012 Main topics to be covered are: 5. Fundamentals of Modeling, Principles and MATLAB 6. Transport Solutions 7. Transport with Decay and Degradation 8. Transport and Kinetics 9. Transport and Equilibrium Reactions 10. Ordinary Differential Equations =96 Dynamical Systems 11. Parameter Estimation 12. Flow Modeling 13. Groundwater Drawdown by Pumping 14. Aquifer Base flow and 2D Meshing 15. Potential and Flow Visualization 16. Stream function and Complex Potential 17. 2D and 3D Transport Solutions (Gaussian Puffs and Plumes) 18. Image Processing and Geo-referencing 19. Compartment Graphs and Linear Systems 2...

using MODIS images to map ocean color using m_map in Matlab
I am trying to use image codes from http://oceandata.sci.gsfc.nasa.gov/MODISA/Mapped/Monthly/4km/chlor/ in ordor to create a figure of the DE, NJ, MA, and MA coastlines. I need to plot this data into a matlab image that had the high resolution data from m_map. Can anyone help me with the code? ...

why so many people use Matlab and much fewer people use Mathematica?
I tested the speed of Matlab 6.5 and Mathematica 8.0, Matlab used 4500 seconds to execute the program and mathematica used 6000 seconds, it seems the difference between Matlab and mathematica is not big, why so many people use Matlab and much fewer people use Mathematica? On 2/20/2012 6:09 AM, Liwen Zhang wrote: > I tested the speed of Matlab 6.5 and Mathematica 8.0, Matlab used 4500 > seconds to execute the program and mathematica used 6000 seconds, it > seems the difference between Matlab and mathematica is not big, why so > many people use Matlab and much fewer people use Mathematica? As was noted in the thread in comp.lang.fortran where you posted the "test", it was a terribly poorly chosen benchmark code--w/ optimization, Fortran was able to completely optimize away the constant, unused expression and the proposed Mablab comparison would _not_ be the way in which Matlab code would be written, either. The answer to the questions you're posing are probably "49". -- On 2/20/2012 8:14 AM, dpb wrote: > > As was noted in the thread in comp.lang.fortran where you posted the > "test", it was a terribly poorly chosen benchmark code--w/ optimization, > Fortran was able to completely optimize away the constant, unused > expression and the proposed Mablab comparison would _not_ be the way in > which Matlab code would be written, either. > In general, comparing run-time speed of programs written in inte...

Solving Mixed Integer Programming With Genetic Toolbox in Matlab r2011b
Hello Everybody I want to buy MATLAB r2011b to solve a mixed integer program with its new genetic toolbox. If anybody has worked with it, is it possible to define integer and binary variables in this new toolbox? Thanks a lot. On 12/17/2011 1:54 PM, John A wrote: > Hello Everybody > > I want to buy MATLAB r2011b to solve a mixed integer program with its > new genetic toolbox. If anybody has worked with it, is it possible to > define integer and binary variables in this new toolbox? > > Thanks a lot. Take a look at the documentation for this feature: http://www.mathworks.com/help/toolbox/gads/bs1cibj.html For binary variables, declare a variable as integer, and give a lower bound of 0 and an upper bound of 1. Don't expect miracles from this solver, the genetic algorithm is not particularly speedy or (in my opinion) reliable. The solver does not work well on problems with more than a hundred or so dimensions. However, it is a nonlinear solver, so you can express complicated problems with integer restrictions. In that circumstance it can be worthwhile. Alan Weiss MATLAB mathematical toolbox documentation ...

Matlab engine with matlab R2010b

Converting 12-bits unsigned integer to floats using matlab
Hello Does anyone have a hint on how to convert a set of 12-bites unsigne interger to float, using matlab? Matlab shows the following syntax using float a = float('single') a = float('double') a = float(TotalBits, ExpBits) // here is an example of 12-bit unsigned int x=[ 2843 2845 2851 2869 2838 2840 2853 2864]; I have tried these 3 float syntaxes , but i don't get any conversion? Any ideas on how to use them?? Thanks in advance! "Umutesi Faith" <ma_nz1@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:xYKdneCeBJAyjafZRVn-gQ@giganews.com... > > Hello > > Does anyone have a hint on how to convert a set of 12-bites unsigned > interger to float, using matlab? > Matlab shows the following syntax using float > > a = float('single') > a = float('double') > a = float(TotalBits, ExpBits) > > // here is an example of 12-bit unsigned int > x=[ > 2843 > 2845 > 2851 > 2869 > 2838 > 2840 > 2853 > 2864]; > > I have tried these 3 float syntaxes , but i don't get any conversion? > Any ideas on how to use them?? > Thanks in advance! > have you tried looking at the help for fread? using bit12 or ubit12 as a format? Best of luck - Mike hi, it seems that 12-bits are not supported in these format. however even i i convert these to 16-bits, there is still no result of the conversion! Does anyone have an idea about this conversion! What could be th appropriate syntax?...

Slow graphics rendering when GUI is compiled using the Matlab compiler
Hi, I have been trying to compile a GUI involving some sliderbars that lets the user slide through images. When running under Matlab it runs fine, but when compiled to a stand alone application there is significant lag from when the user clicks the slider bars to when the image is updated. Non graphical processes seem to be running at the same speed. Is this to be expected from the compiler or is there a potential fix? Cheers Soren ...

DTMF using MATLAB
Can any body help me in writing code of following problem in MATLAB :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::= =AD:::::::::::::::::::::: Design digital oscillators for DTMF frequencies at sample rate of 22500 sp/sec Generate a seven digit DTMF using Digital Oscillators and write it in a wav file haroon.khalil@gmail.com wrote: > Can any body help me in writing code of following problem in MATLAB > :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::�:::::::::::::::::::::: > > Design digital oscillators for DTMF frequencies at sample rate of 22500 > > sp/sec > Generate a seven digit DTMF using Digital Oscillators and write it in a > > wav file > Which part are you having difficulty with ? Paul Fs = 22.5 kHz There are two DTMF frequencies F1 = [L0 L1 L2 L3] % four low frequencies F2 = [H0 H1 H2 H3] % four frequencies ocillator coefficients for example for L0 numerator = 1 denominator = [0.5 -cos(2*pi*L0/Fs) 0.5] When you want to generate you input an impulse, also you need to adjust in order to get the desired amplitude value. An expert here might point out a better way help wavwrite cheers ...

Does MATLAB use PVM?
Hi all, Does MATLAB use PVM (Parallel Virtual Machine) library in its parallel products? (Parallel Computing Toolbox and MATLAB Distributed Computing Server) Thank you! ...

Using dgesdd from matlab
We are looking at using dgesdd() , in place of dgesvd() (svd()) to see if things speed up. The matlab manual stills says that svd() uses dgesvd() from lapack, what is the simplest way to use the speed benefit suggested by dgesdd() in the lapack manual. This is on linux, and we have both MKL, ACML and NAG available. I assume we could write a mex wrapper around the call, or can we load the .so file directly into matlab? Similar to and dlopen() ? Brock "Brock " <brockp@umich.edu> wrote in message news:gtafa5$56c$1@fred.mathworks.com... > We are looking at using dgesdd() , in place of dgesvd() (svd()) to see if > things speed up. > > The matlab manual stills says that svd() uses dgesvd() from lapack, what > is the simplest way to use the speed benefit suggested by dgesdd() in the > lapack manual. > > This is on linux, and we have both MKL, ACML and NAG available. I assume > we could write a mex wrapper around the call, or can we load the .so file > directly into matlab? Similar to and dlopen() ? You can't change SVD to use DGESDD, but you could write a MEX-file that calls into LAPACK: http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/matlab_external/f13120.html#f45091 Before you do that, though, are you just looking for the economy SVD? If so, you can ask for that from SVD by passing in either 0 or 'econ' as the second input argument to SVD: http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/r...

AM demodulation using MATLAB
Hey all, I am having some trouble with AM demodulation using MATLAB. I used the built-in MATLAB function butter to design a low pass filter and using the transfer function obtained, I filtered the modulated signal multiplied by the carrier. Here's the part of my m-file which deals with it: dam=cos(2*pi*250*t).*am; % am=amplitude modulated signal [b,a]=butter(5,250*2*Ts); %designing low pass filter with corner freq 250Hz, Ts-sampling %interval dam(:,1) = filtfilt(b,a,dam(:,1)); % filtering the demodulated signal dam=dam*2; %scaling to get original amplitude back the problem is that I'm trying to filter the signal without using the built in matlab functionality. I tried to multiply the transfer function of filter with the fourier transfer of dam (fft(dam)) to low pass filter it and then took the inverse fft of the answer, but came up with a weird answer when i tried to plot the demodulated signal. could someone tell me what i'm doing wrong when i am trying to filter it? Is there any other way around this without using built-in matlab functions? Thanks a lot in advance. -Farah. <farah727rash@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1156009534.298850.217080@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Hey all, > I am having some trouble with AM demodulation using MATLAB. I used the > built-in MATLAB function butter to design a low pass filter and using > the transfer function obtained, I filtered the modulated signal > multiplied by the carrier. Here'...

Web resources about - slow optimization using nonlcon with GA within matlab toolbox and mixed integer problem using GA within Matlab - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Local Search Optimization - Your Business First - Local SEO
Local Search Optimization provides accurate, reliable local search results guaranteed to connect your business first to high value customers ...

Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Journal
Writing by Nick Stamoulis SEO is a marathon, not a sprint. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again—SEO is a slow, ongoing process that you ...

Web Site Optimization: Speed Up Your Site website optimization web speed optimize web site performance ...
Website optimization speeds up slow web sites, increases website traffic, and improves conversion rates. Our web optimization services increase ...

Optimization Online
is a repository of e-prints about optimization and related topics . Submissions to are moderated by a team of volunteer coordinators . Coordinators ...

SEO, Search Engine Optimization, SEO Optimisation Company : SearchEngineOptimization.co.uk
Search Engine Optimization Services from the UK's leading SEO company. Try our Search Engine Optimisation Services and increase your rankings. ...

Search engine optimization - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Search engine optimization ( SEO ) is the process of improving the visibility of a website or a web page in a search engine 's "natural," or ...

App Store Optimization
App Store Optimization (ASO) is the first step to succeed in mobile app marketing. ASO helps your...

INFOGRAPHIC: 9 Steps Toward Facebook Graph Search Optimization
With Facebook’s Graph Search rolling out to users in the U.S. , it’s time for page administrators to start thinking about how their pages can ...

Netflix for iOS updated w/ iPad Pro optimization, peek & pop support, more
... The update bumps the app to version 8.0 and includes auto-play support for iPhone users, 3D Touch support, and iPad Pro display optimization. ...

Intel’s ‘Tick-Tock’ Seemingly Dead, Becomes ‘Process-Architecture-Optimization’
... by the wayside for the next two lithographic nodes at a minimum, to be replaced with a three element cycle known as ‘Process-Architecture-Optimization’. ...