Slow startup, stuck initializing

Hi all!

I am new at this newsgroup, so please excuse me if this topic has already been brought up while I was too stupid to find anything about it...

I have a problem when starting Matlab (Win XP) with a borrowed network license on my laptop while connected to the internet... Matlab itself starts up quickly as usual, but then seems to be stuck initializing for about 10-15 minutes, which is very annoying.

When disconnected from the internet or connected to our company's network via VPN, there is no problem whatsoever. It seems that Matlab is trying to reach the license server, could this be?

I have no network drives in my path and no startup.m which could cause trouble... and it happens on different computers, so I suppose it's not a problem linked to my installation.

Has anyone experienced the same problem and is there a solution to it? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance
Stefan
0
Stefan
1/23/2010 2:43:04 PM
comp.soft-sys.matlab 211136 articles. 13 followers. lunamoonmoon (258) is leader. Post Follow

"Stefan " <stefan.troyer@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi all!
>
> I am new at this newsgroup, so please excuse me if this topic has already
> been brought up while I was too stupid to find anything about it...
>
> I have a problem when starting Matlab (Win XP) with a borrowed network
> license on my laptop while connected to the internet... Matlab itself
> starts up quickly as usual, but then seems to be stuck initializing for
> about 10-15 minutes, which is very annoying.
>
> When disconnected from the internet or connected to our company's network
> via VPN, there is no problem whatsoever. It seems that Matlab is trying to
> reach the license server, could this be?
>
> I have no network drives in my path and no startup.m which could cause
> trouble... and it happens on different computers, so I suppose it's not a
> problem linked to my installation.
>
> Has anyone experienced the same problem and is there a solution to it? Any
> help is greatly appreciated!

Try the suggestions here:

http://www.mathworks.com/support/solutions/en/data/1-2Z18MA/index.html?solution=1-2Z18MA

--