Solution: MATLAB 6.5 (R13) natively on Windows 7

I have recently upgraded to Windows 7 and then had to notice that my MATLAB 6.5 (R13) doesn't work out of the box. Although people recommend installing it on a XP VM, I managed to get it to work flawlessy under Win7 64-Bit with some tricks.
For all people who are stuck with such an old version like me, here is my solution:

Part 1 - Install the Microsoft Java VM
======================================
1) Get the last version of the Microsoft JVM (Build 3810) from some website, it's usually called "msjavx86.exe".
   A still working official link is (despite the different filename)
   http://www.download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/v3-19990518/cabpool/MSJavWU_8073687b82d41db93f4c2a04af2b34d.exe
2) Use your favourite zip tool like 7-Zip to extract the "msjavx86.exe" file to some directory.
3) Open a command prompt in that directory and type: javatrig /l
4) A dialog will appear indicating that the Java VM is not compatible with Windows 7. Ignore it and just click on "Run program".

The MS JVM is now installed. This is required before you can even run MATLAB's Setup.
Do that now and install MATLAB to the default C:\MATLAB6p5 directory.

Part 2 - Working around "License Manager Error -103 Terminal Server Remote Client not allowed"
This is the usual message you get when trying to launch MATLAB after the finished installation.
The fix is simple though: Open an Explorer in C:\MATLAB6p5\bin\win32 and create an empty file called "wtsapi32.dll" there.
MATLAB will then use this DLL when checking for Terminal Services and believe that they don't exist. It won't affect the program in any other way as the file is used exclusively for Terminal Services.

Finally you can change the permissions of C:\MATLAB6p5 and subdirectories to allow Full Access for normal users, so that MATLAB can store its settings there even without Administrator privileges.

And voilà: http://s1.directupload.net/images/130401/66ueu9p3.png

My solution may also work for other MATLAB versions of a similar age (like R12 or R14). I don't own them, so I cannot try this out.
Comments are welcome! :-)
1
cofi_ac (2)

I use the same Matlab6.5.1SP1(R13) & I recently moved to Win7.
I tried your solution. But it dint work.

Can you please relook at the trick what you have posted & confirm , that all the steps are there & no other step is required.

Thanks
Zen
Speriasa@visteon.com

"cofi_ac " <cofi_ac@gmx.de> wrote in message <kkhbmp$opf$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> I have recently upgraded to Windows 7 and then had to notice that my MATLAB 6.5 (R13) doesn't work out of the box. Although people recommend installing it on a XP VM, I managed to get it to work flawlessy under Win7 64-Bit with some tricks.
> For all people who are stuck with such an old version like me, here is my solution:
>
> Part 1 - Install the Microsoft Java VM
> ======================================
> 1) Get the last version of the Microsoft JVM (Build 3810) from some website, it's usually called "msjavx86.exe".
>    A still working official link is (despite the different filename)
>    http://www.download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/v3-19990518/cabpool/MSJavWU_8073687b82d41db93f4c2a04af2b34d.exe
> 2) Use your favourite zip tool like 7-Zip to extract the "msjavx86.exe" file to some directory.
> 3) Open a command prompt in that directory and type: javatrig /l
> 4) A dialog will appear indicating that the Java VM is not compatible with Windows 7. Ignore it and just click on "Run program".
>
> The MS JVM is now installed. This is required before you can even run MATLAB's Setup.
> Do that now and install MATLAB to the default C:\MATLAB6p5 directory.
>
> Part 2 - Working around "License Manager Error -103 Terminal Server Remote Client not allowed"
> ==============================================================================================
> This is the usual message you get when trying to launch MATLAB after the finished installation.
> The fix is simple though: Open an Explorer in C:\MATLAB6p5\bin\win32 and create an empty file called "wtsapi32.dll" there.
> MATLAB will then use this DLL when checking for Terminal Services and believe that they don't exist. It won't affect the program in any other way as the file is used exclusively for Terminal Services.
>
> Finally you can change the permissions of C:\MATLAB6p5 and subdirectories to allow Full Access for normal users, so that MATLAB can store its settings there even without Administrator privileges.
>
> And voilà: http://s1.directupload.net/images/130401/66ueu9p3.png
>

> My solution may also work for other MATLAB versions of a similar age (like R12 or R14). I don't own them, so I cannot try this out.
> Comments are welcome! :-)
Muchisimas gracis!, me sirvio mucho.
0
enzzorp
5/6/2014 10:47:08 PM
Thank you!
0
aguadopd
5/25/2014 4:53:09 AM
"cofi_ac " <cofi_ac@gmx.de> wrote in message <kkhbmp$opf$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> I have recently upgraded to Windows 7 and then had to notice that my MATLAB 6.5 (R13) doesn't work out of the box. Although people recommend installing it on a XP VM, I managed to get it to work flawlessy under Win7 64-Bit with some tricks.
> For all people who are stuck with such an old version like me, here is my solution:
>
> Part 1 - Install the Microsoft Java VM
> ======================================
> 1) Get the last version of the Microsoft JVM (Build 3810) from some website, it's usually called "msjavx86.exe".
>    A still working official link is (despite the different filename)
>    http://www.download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/v3-19990518/cabpool/MSJavWU_8073687b82d41db93f4c2a04af2b34d.exe
> 2) Use your favourite zip tool like 7-Zip to extract the "msjavx86.exe" file to some directory.
> 3) Open a command prompt in that directory and type: javatrig /l
> 4) A dialog will appear indicating that the Java VM is not compatible with Windows 7. Ignore it and just click on "Run program".
>
> The MS JVM is now installed. This is required before you can even run MATLAB's Setup.
> Do that now and install MATLAB to the default C:\MATLAB6p5 directory.
>
> Part 2 - Working around "License Manager Error -103 Terminal Server Remote Client not allowed"
> ==============================================================================================
> This is the usual message you get when trying to launch MATLAB after the finished installation.
> The fix is simple though: Open an Explorer in C:\MATLAB6p5\bin\win32 and create an empty file called "wtsapi32.dll" there.
> MATLAB will then use this DLL when checking for Terminal Services and believe that they don't exist. It won't affect the program in any other way as the file is used exclusively for Terminal Services.
>
> Finally you can change the permissions of C:\MATLAB6p5 and subdirectories to allow Full Access for normal users, so that MATLAB can store its settings there even without Administrator privileges.
>
> And voilà: http://s1.directupload.net/images/130401/66ueu9p3.png
>

> My solution may also work for other MATLAB versions of a similar age (like R12 or R14). I don't own them, so I cannot try this out.
> Comments are welcome! :-)

I got this to work with the Student Version 13
0
Joseph
6/11/2014 2:48:12 PM
i hope this work
0
latief
9/12/2014 1:59:18 PM
Am Freitag, 12. September 2014 15:59:18 UTC+2 schrieb latie...@gmail.com:
> i hope this work

thanks my friends.. searched many sites for solutions but none found or they all told me to install some creepy regcleanpro programs or stuff like that
never do that!

but now i found your solution with this wtsapi32.dll ... and it worked perfectly for me for matlab 6.5 on win 8.1 pro
0
moddingfreak89
9/14/2014 1:01:01 AM
I used your solution in my laptop and it worked properly. now I can use MATLAB 6.5.1 in my laptop.
moreover, I want to link MATLAB 6.5.1 to PSCAD (electrical engineering software) but there is another problem here that my PSCAD say this message"there is no path string to the matlab executable, check the matlab installation". I think that, executable property of MATALB is missed. could you help me with this problem?
0
jalal6245 (1)
11/7/2014 2:58:49 AM
An update to my previous explanations
=====================================
Newer Windows 7 versions apparently prevent the installation of the MS Java VM even more. In my case, I just got a blank error message when trying to run "javatrig /l" as described above.

To work around this problem, extract the files "msjava.dll" and "vmhelper.dll" from the "javabase.cab" of the extracted "msjavx86.exe". Then copy these two files to C:\Windows\SysWOW64 (assuming you're running 64-bit Windows 7). Overwrite any existing file, even if it's newer.
When you then run "javatrig /l" again, the MS Java VM should be successfully installed. You can then proceed with installing MATLAB as described above.

I believe this could work the same way under Windows 8/8.1, although I haven't tested it personally.
0
cofi_ac
1/26/2015 2:33:26 PM

> An update to my previous explanations
> =====================================
> Newer Windows 7 versions apparently prevent the installation of the MS
> Java VM even more. In my case, I just got a blank error message when
> trying to run "javatrig /l" as described above.
>
> To work around this problem, extract the files "msjava.dll" and
> "vmhelper.dll" from the "javabase.cab" of the extracted "msjavx86.exe".
> Then copy these two files to C:\Windows\SysWOW64 (assuming you're running
> 64-bit Windows 7). Overwrite any existing file, even if it's newer.
> When you then run "javatrig /l" again, the MS Java VM should be
> successfully installed. You can then proceed with installing MATLAB as
> described above.
>
> I believe this could work the same way under Windows 8/8.1, although I
> haven't tested it personally.

I'd like to point out that MATLAB 6.5 (R13) was released almost thirteen
years ago and that there have been major improvements to MATLAB in that
time. I'd also like to point out that Microsoft has ended mainstream support
for Windows 7, which was released about six years ago.

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/microsoft-ends-free-support-windows/story?id=28191403

http://support2.microsoft.com/lifecycle/default.aspx?LN=en-us&c2=14019

I'm curious to know why, as you wrote in your original message in this
thread almost two years ago, you're "stuck with such an old version"?

--
Steve Lord
slord@mathworks.com

0
Steven
1/26/2015 3:41:02 PM
"cofi_ac " <cofi_ac@gmx.de> wrote in message <kkhbmp$opf$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> I have recently upgraded to Windows 7 and then had to notice that my MATLAB 6.5 (R13) doesn't work out of the box. Although people recommend installing it on a XP VM, I managed to get it to work flawlessy under Win7 64-Bit with some tricks.
> For all people who are stuck with such an old version like me, here is my solution:
>
> Part 1 - Install the Microsoft Java VM
> ======================================
> 1) Get the last version of the Microsoft JVM (Build 3810) from some website, it's usually called "msjavx86.exe".
>    A still working official link is (despite the different filename)
>    http://www.download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/v3-19990518/cabpool/MSJavWU_8073687b82d41db93f4c2a04af2b34d.exe
> 2) Use your favourite zip tool like 7-Zip to extract the "msjavx86.exe" file to some directory.
> 3) Open a command prompt in that directory and type: javatrig /l
> 4) A dialog will appear indicating that the Java VM is not compatible with Windows 7. Ignore it and just click on "Run program".
>
> The MS JVM is now installed. This is required before you can even run MATLAB's Setup.
> Do that now and install MATLAB to the default C:\MATLAB6p5 directory.
>
> Part 2 - Working around "License Manager Error -103 Terminal Server Remote Client not allowed"
> ==============================================================================================
> This is the usual message you get when trying to launch MATLAB after the finished installation.
> The fix is simple though: Open an Explorer in C:\MATLAB6p5\bin\win32 and create an empty file called "wtsapi32.dll" there.
> MATLAB will then use this DLL when checking for Terminal Services and believe that they don't exist. It won't affect the program in any other way as the file is used exclusively for Terminal Services.
>
> Finally you can change the permissions of C:\MATLAB6p5 and subdirectories to allow Full Access for normal users, so that MATLAB can store its settings there even without Administrator privileges.
>
> And voilà: http://s1.directupload.net/images/130401/66ueu9p3.png
>

> My solution may also work for other MATLAB versions of a similar age (like R12 or R14). I don't own them, so I cannot try this out.
> Comments are welcome! :-)
thankyou soo much
0
madhvi
9/14/2015 6:36:04 AM
"cofi_ac" <cofi_ac@gmx.de> wrote in message <ma5j7m$a56$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> An update to my previous explanations
> =====================================
> Newer Windows 7 versions apparently prevent the installation of the MS Java VM even more. In my case, I just got a blank error message when trying to run "javatrig /l" as described above.
>
> To work around this problem, extract the files "msjava.dll" and "vmhelper.dll" from the "javabase.cab" of the extracted "msjavx86.exe". Then copy these two files to C:\Windows\SysWOW64 (assuming you're running 64-bit Windows 7). Overwrite any existing file, even if it's newer.
> When you then run "javatrig /l" again, the MS Java VM should be successfully installed. You can then proceed with installing MATLAB as described above.
>
> I believe this could work the same way under Windows 8/8.1, although I haven't tested it personally.
0
Kai
3/28/2016 11:15:03 AM
"cofi_ac" <cofi_ac@gmx.de> wrote in message <ma5j7m$a56$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> An update to my previous explanations
> =====================================
> Newer Windows 7 versions apparently prevent the installation of the MS Java VM even more. In my case, I just got a blank error message when trying to run "javatrig /l" as described above.
>
> To work around this problem, extract the files "msjava.dll" and "vmhelper.dll" from the "javabase.cab" of the extracted "msjavx86.exe". Then copy these two files to C:\Windows\SysWOW64 (assuming you're running 64-bit Windows 7). Overwrite any existing file, even if it's newer.
> When you then run "javatrig /l" again, the MS Java VM should be successfully installed. You can then proceed with installing MATLAB as described above.
>
> I believe this could work the same way under Windows 8/8.1, although I haven't tested it personally.

Hi,
my PC runs under Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit and has Oracle's Java 7 Update 5 installed.
I have the following questions :
1. Can you tell whether the above changes will in any way hamper the installation and function of Java 7 ?
2. I got the impression that the old MS Java is only required temporarily during installation and that after that MATLAB will use the system's Java installation. Can you comment on that ?
3. Related to (1) : Is it possible to have the most recent Java and the old Microsoft stuff installed and working without interference ?

Regards and many thanks for your valuable hints
from Kai
who is very disappointed with MathWork's lacking support for older MATLAB version
0
Kai
3/28/2016 11:28:04 AM
"Kai-Michael Lüdeke" wrote in message <ndb4g4$kr0$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...

> from Kai
> who is very disappointed with MathWork's lacking support for older MATLAB version

You expect too much on an old MATLAB version that can run and is supported on the OS that was released 7 year later.

I have no idea how my current MALAB will work on Windows in year 2024.
0
Bruno
3/28/2016 11:54:11 AM
"Bruno Luong" <b.luong@fogale.findmycountry> wrote in message <ndb613$o06$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> "Kai-Michael Lüdeke" wrote in message <ndb4g4$kr0$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
>
> > from Kai
> > who is very disappointed with MathWork's lacking support for older MATLAB version
>
> You expect too much on an old MATLAB version that can run and is supported on the OS that was released 7 year later.
>
> I have no idea how my current MALAB will work on Windows in year 2024.

Which OS do you mean ?
MATLAB 6.5 (Release13) dates back to 2002 and Windows XP.
It does not normally install under Windows 7 . The installation procedure insists on using the old discarded Microsoft Java. Windows 7 refuses to install the old MS Java.
This MATLAB version is ok for me.   I have an  "Individual Perpetual License".
Do you think its ok not to support a perpetual license ?

Regards Kai
0
Kai
3/28/2016 3:05:03 PM
"Bruno Luong" <b.luong@fogale.findmycountry> wrote in message <ndb613$o06$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> "Kai-Michael Lüdeke" wrote in message <ndb4g4$kr0$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
>
> > from Kai
> > who is very disappointed with MathWork's lacking support for older MATLAB version
>
> You expect too much on an old MATLAB version that can run and is supported on the OS that was released 7 year later.
>
> I have no idea how my current MALAB will work on Windows in year 2024.

Hi Bruno

Which OS do you mean ?
MATLAB 6.5 (Release13) dates back to 2002 and Windows XP.
It does not normally install under Windows 7 . The installation procedure insists on using the old discarded Microsoft Java. Windows 7 refuses to install the old MS Java.
This MATLAB version is ok for me.   I have an  "Individual Perpetual License".
Do you think its ok not to support a perpetual license ?

Regards Kai
0
Kai
3/28/2016 3:12:03 PM
"Kai-Michael Lüdeke" wrote in message <ndbhk3$ida$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...

> Hi Bruno
>
> Which OS do you mean ?

Windows 7, released in 2009

> MATLAB 6.5 (Release13) dates back to 2002 and Windows XP.
> It does not normally install under Windows 7 . The installation procedure insists on using the old discarded Microsoft Java. Windows 7 refuses to install the old MS Java.
> This MATLAB version is ok for me.   I have an  "Individual Perpetual License".
> Do you think its ok not to support a perpetual license ?

Of course. But it will not supported on any OS that is not designed for, including Windows 7.

If you want to run such old MATLAB,  you should stay with old OS, meaning Windows XP.

If you want to go for Windows 7, then do at your own risk, and should not expect TMW to support you for that.
0
Bruno
3/28/2016 3:41:03 PM
> Part 1 - Install the Microsoft Java VM
> ======================================

Java VM installed automatically for me in Windows 10 when I ran the setup.exe!

> Part 2 - Working around "License Manager Error -103 Terminal Server Remote Client not allowed"
> ==============================================================================================
> This is the usual message you get when trying to launch MATLAB after the finished installation.
> The fix is simple though: Open an Explorer in C:\MATLAB6p5\bin\win32 and create an empty file called "wtsapi32.dll" there.
> MATLAB will then use this DLL when checking for Terminal Services and believe that they don't exist. It won't affect the program in any other way as the file is used exclusively for Terminal Services.
>
> Finally you can change the permissions of C:\MATLAB6p5 and subdirectories to allow Full Access for normal users, so that MATLAB can store its settings there even without Administrator privileges.
>
> And voilà: http://s1.directupload.net/images/130401/66ueu9p3.png
>

> My solution may also work for other MATLAB versions of a similar age (like R12 or R14). I don't own them, so I cannot try this out.
> Comments are welcome! :-)

Worked like a charm to get Matlab 6.5 running on Windows 10! To create empty file, I went to DOS window and used the following command:
C:\MATLAB6p5\bin\win32> type NUL > wtsapi32.dll

Matlab fired right up!
0
Andy

From Matlab 6.5 R13 to Matlab 7
Hello, Are there major incompatibilities between scripts/functions coded in Matlab 6.5 R13 and more recent versions (Matlab 7, and service packs) ? I'm using Matlab 6.5 R13 with image processing toolbox. I wonder if it's woth moving to Matlab 7, i.e. if I would have to write my code again or if everything is compatible. When Matlab 7 was released I heard some functions have been rearranged, and some R13 scripts didn't work. Is there a list somewhere of such incompatibilities ? Sorry if this question has been asked, I couldn't find it on these boards. Also I'm interested ...

Read Matlab 7 .mat files in Matlab 6.5 -- SOLUTION
Thank you Dan for the suggestion of topic change (from MAT file format R13 vs R14, Please Read even if you viewed other post). I have submitted a linux x86 version of the load5 to the File Exchange, i guess it will take a couple days to get up there. If you need it sooner, let me know. Also, still looking for the Windows versions of Matlab 6 dll's (libmx.dll, libmex.dll, libmat.dll) plus the .def files and the mexversion so I can compile in Windows. If you have these, please reply so I can set up a way to get them from you. Below is an example using the load5 mex function from linux. ...

load5
After lots of hunting around with old friends, I was able to locate Windows libraries of Matlab 6.5. In addition, I have put a couple "extras" into the load5 command. As soon as it appears in the file exchange (and i notice it), i will update the file to a .zip file which will contain both Windows and Linux versions of load5. Note that if you use this MEX file with R14 in linux, you will need to copy the libz.so.1.2.2 to either the matlab directory and modify the symbolic links libz.so and libz.so.1, or put it in your path and make sure the LD_LIBRARY_PATH has your directory prece...

Problems with Matlab 6.5.1 R13 to Matlab 7 R14
I've written a GUI, with text in it. When I open it with Matlab 6.5.1 R13 there are no problems to show the full text for Matlab. But when I try it with Matlab 7 R14 the text is shown incomplete. This is because Matlab 7 prints the font bigger than Matlab 6.5.1... Is there a font, which is in the same size in Matlab 7 R14 AND Matlab 6.5.1 R13? Thanks ...

Matlab 6.5 to matlab 7
hi, i want to upgrade my Matlab 6.5 to Matlab7, will it cause any effects to the M-files that i saved before? Or do I need to uninstall the Matlab 6.5 first before installing the Matlab 7? regards, blur On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 13:03:13 +0000, Blur wrote: > hi, > i want to upgrade my Matlab 6.5 to Matlab7, will it cause any effects > to the M-files that i saved before? See http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/rn/r14sp1_a.html for information on changes to the Matlab programming language that may affect old m-files. For the most part the changes are minor, and most ...

Can Matlab 6.5.1 (R13) and 7.0 (R14) coexist on Windows?
Hi! I just installed R14 in parallel to R13 and it seems that this affected the behaviour of R13. One example is the following: Directly from the example in 'help dfilt/df2sos' I get an error: --------------------------------------------------------- [z,p,k] = butter(30,0.5); [s,g] = zp2sos(z,p,k); Hd = dfilt.df2sos(s,g) ??? The number of colums of the state matrix must be a multiple of 15. --------------------------------------------------------- As I'm using the output of one matlab function as input to another, this should never fail. :-( A colleague of mine h...

MATLAB 6.5 Toolboxes in MATLAB 7
Hi, I'm quite tempted to upgrade my version of MATLAB 6.5 Student version to the latest v7. What I need to know is will the toolboxes that I've purchased for v6.5 will work in v7? Looking at the MATLAB web site, it doesn't seem to have updated the neural network toolbox, which is what I use. So will my current copy work with v7 or will I have to buy a new version? Thanks, Wee-Jin ...

The problem "Can Matlab 6.5.1 (R13) and 7.0 (R14) coexist on Windows?" revisited...
Hello everybody, recently I've come across the same kind of problem that had been discussed here about 2 years ago... I've encountered an error while trying to have both MATLAB R13 and R14 installed on my machine... the machine is used as a server for a couple of MATLAB Web Server applications, which were programmed for use with R13 and as long as R13 was alone on the computer, everything was OK. However, after I installed R14 (to a different directory, of course), the applications started producing errors - more precisely, those parts of them that depend on Simulink... At first I tho...

bar
In MatLab 6.5, the routine above works normal: figure; sem=Average(:,2)./sqrt(Average(:,3)); bar([1:1:7],Average(:,1),sem); ylabel('% of epochs analyzed') xlabel('Frequency Band') title ('Occurrence of Oscillatory Events - Ch X') %Where Average and sem are vectors; But, in MatLab 7.0, the same code cause the following error: ??? Error using ==> xychk Too many input arguments. Error in ==> bar at 53 [msg,x,y] = xychk(args{1:nargs},'plot'); Error in ==> cross_subj_analysis>ok_Callback at 327 bar([1:1:7],Average(:,1),sem); I'd like to know why this occour. Thanks Henrique In article <g7a1j6$l1$1@fred.mathworks.com>, Henrique Amaral <henriquetomaz@uol.com.br> wrote: >In MatLab 6.5, the routine above works normal: >figure; >sem=Average(:,2)./sqrt(Average(:,3)); >bar([1:1:7],Average(:,1),sem); >ylabel('% of epochs analyzed') >xlabel('Frequency Band') >title ('Occurrence of Oscillatory Events - Ch X') >%Where Average and sem are vectors; >But, in MatLab 7.0, the same code cause the following error: >??? Error using ==> xychk >Too many input arguments. >Error in ==> bar at 53 > [msg,x,y] = xychk(args{1:nargs},'plot'); >Error in ==> cross_subj_analysis>ok_Callback at 327 >bar([1:1:7],Average(:,1),sem); >I'd like to know why this occour. When the third argument is numeric, it must be the bar width. barwidth must b...

Importing matlab 6.5 GUI in matlab 7.1
I use MATLAB 7.1. If I open an existing GUI project built in 6.5 MATLAB with GUIDE tool, .fig is loaded correctly but .m is not loaded (it has the same name of .fig), then when I run the GUI and click on buttons I got function not found errors: ??? Undefined command/function 'fsv'. ??? Error while evaluating uicontrol Callback. How can I reassociate .m with his .fig? ...

7.0 vs. 6.5: (matlab 7.0 does not work) question on using MSVC matlab add-in to generate m-dll to speed-up my program
Dear all, I was using Matlab 6.5 MSVC matlab add-in macro to generate m-MEX-dll used in Matlab for speeding-up my program. I created a new "matlab project" in MSVC 6.0. Then load the m-file "ProcessBitmap.m" which is the m-file I want to convert into MEX dll to use in the matlab command line. Then I built the "dll" file in MSVC 6.0. The generated "ProcessBitmap.dll" can be successfully used in matlab 6.5 command line without any trouble. It can be used inside the matlab command line. Even if I delete the original "m-file", the "ProcessB...

Using Matlab 6.5 To load Matlab 7.0 Figures
As suggested in my subject I am trying to use Matlab 6.5 to load a Matlab 7.0 updated .fig file. The command I am using is: hgload filename; the error I recieve is: ??? Error using ==> load Unable to read MAT file z:\xbr_prop\proptool\V7.0.6\PROP\xbr_tool_prop_fig3.fig See FILEFORMATS for a list of known file types and the functions used to read them. Error in ==> \\Resbed-easrv\MATLAB6p5\toolbox\matlab\iofun\hgload.m On line 45 ==> fileVars = load(filename,'-mat'); Error in ==> z:\xbr_prop\proptool\V7.0.6\PROP\prop_7_gui.m On line 2 ==> hgload xbr_tool_prop_fig3;...

some problems of codes of MATLAB 7.0 working on MATLAB 6.5
I have used MATLAB for few hours.So I don't know the differences between version 6.5 and 7.0.I want to use some codes of MATLAB 7.0, but they doesn't work in MATLAB 6.5.How to change these codes so that they can work in matlab 6.5.Waiting for your help. Thank you . The codes are like this .I think changing the function findPI may work ,but I don'y know how % PIfun.m % Evaluate a function used to find the PI-line, using Kyle Champley's % method. % % Adam Wunderlich % last update: 5/18/06 function y = PIfun(r,R,h,gamma,x3,sb) temp = R - r*cos(gamma-sb); y = h*((pi - 2*atan(r*sin(gamma-sb)/temp))*(1 + (r^2 - R^2)/ (2*R*temp)) ... + sb) - x3; % find_PI_Line.m % % Find the the parametric interval corresponding to the unique PI-line % passing through the point x for a given helical pitch. % This code implements the method of Kyle Champley. % inputs: P = pitch (cm/turn), R = helix radius, delta_s = s stepsize, x % output: PI = [sb st] % % Adam Wunderlich % last update: 5/18/06 function [PI] = findPI(P,R,delta_s,x) h = P/(2*pi); r = sqrt(x(1)^2+x(2)^2); gamma = atan2(x(2),x(1)); options = optimset('TolX',h*delta_s/100,'FunValCheck','on'); [sb,fval,exitflag] = fzero(@(sb) PIfun(r,R,h,gamma,x(3),sb),... [(x(3)-h*pi)/h,x(3)/h],options); if exitflag ~=1, disp('Error: PI invalid'); end % note that beta=sb in Kyle's formula alphaX = atan(r*sin(gamma-sb)/(R - r*cos(gamma-sb))); st = sb + pi -...

Matlab 6.5.1 R13 with CVF 6.6?
I have a fortran file which I've been mex compiling using Compaq VF 6.5 under Matlab 6.5.1, and it works fine. I just upgraded to CVF 6.6 (using the free 6.5->6.6 upgrade from Compaq's webpage), and discovered that my file will no longer compile properly. To be specific, it compiles/links fine, but when I try to run I get: Unable to load mex file: <my extension>myfile.dll The specified procedure could not be found When I dug a little deeper, it seems that this only happens on files that use dynamically allocated memory. In particular, when I compared the two different .dll&#...

different results in function regress from MATLAB 6.5 to MATLAB 7.0
Hello , anybody knows when I execute the function "regress" to this model (STAR(1)) Yt = 1 - 0-5Yt-1 - (4 + 0.4Yt-1)G(gamma*Yt-1) + et, where G(z) =1/ [1 + exp(-z)], gamma=4; et=N(0,1) I obtain different radically different results from matlab 6.5 to matlab 7.0 that with other models??Any suggestion to avoid this problem??? On May 25, 4:40=A0am, "Kun Aguero" <isildur20022...@yahoo.es> wrote: > Hello , anybody knows when I execute the function "regress" to this model= (STAR(1)) > Yt =3D 1 - 0-5Yt-1 - (4 + 0.4Yt-1)G(gamma*Yt-1) + et, where G(z) =3D1/ ...

Incompatible of MAT file for Matlab 6.5.1 and Matlab 7.0
Hi! I have recently installed Matlab 7.0. I have save my simulation results in .MAT file. However, these MAT files can't be opened using Matlab 6.5.1. I encountered problem as follows: ??? Error using ==> load Unable to read MAT file D:\MATLAB7\work\results.mat File may be corrupt. How can I solve this problem? Thanks. Linda Please see here: <http://tx.technion.ac.il/~perryb/matlab7/mat7.pdf> In short, save again as: The new features and enhancements are described in the "Release notes" of Matlab. A new feature that causes incompat...

ode45 & events : error in Matlab 7 SP1, oke in Matlab 6.5
I wrote a program some time ago, which was working fine with Matlab 6.5 . I've upgraded to Matlab 7(SP1) and now it's not running anymore. I've getting an error while integrating a differential equation. I'm having the following error : ??? Error using ==> horzcat All matrices on a row in the bracketed expression must have the same number of rows. Error in ==> ode45 at 393 teout = [teout, te] Error in ==> flo_zoek_punt_doorsnede>controle at 211 [tijd,trajectorie,te,ye,ie] = ode45(@opl_aantr,[0 teind],[startpunt],options,LIAP_INSTAB,LIAP_STAB); It has something to do with the event function, but I don't know who to solve it. Do I have to change something to my code? Thanks Liesbeth Luyckx PS My code is the following : options = odeset('event', @zoek_nul); [tijd,trajectorie,te,ye,ie] = ode45(@opl_aantr,[0 teind],[startpunt],options,LIAP_INSTAB,LIAP_STAB); ------------------------------ function [value,isterminal,direction] = zoek_nul(t,y,LIAP_AANTR,STAB_LIAP) WAARDE = Liapunov1(y'); % Liapunov1 is a function WA1 = WAARDE - LIAP_AANTR; WA2 = WAARDE - STAB_LIAP; value = [WA1; WA2]; isterminal = [0 ; 1]; direction=[0; 0]; ------------------------------- function out1 = opl_aantr(t,y,LIAP_AANTR,STAB_LIAP) gegevens; % the parameter values are in this file % g and mu_d are both functions out1 = zeros(4,1); out1(1) = y(2); out1(2) = - 2 * dzeta1 * y(2) - g(y(1)) - g(y(1) - y(3)) - mu_d(y(1)); out1(3) = y(4); out1(...

Problems with installation with Matlab 6.5 R13 in Windows XP
Hello ALL, I'm new with Matlab and I've being problems with the Matlab's instalation on Windows XP Professional. When I try to execute te setup.exe a pop-up appear on my screen with this message: "There is not enough space on the C: drive to complete the installation. The installer needs about 7 MB of space for temporary files. You need to free some space on this drive, or change your TMP environment variable to point to a drive that has more space." My PC is a AMD Athlon XP 1900+ with 256 MB RAM and has HD with capacity to 40GB of storage. It has free 19 GB to use yet...

Matlab 6.5.1 slower than Matlab 5.3
Hello everyone, i've just installed Matlab 6.5.1 on my desktop (2.8 GHz 1GB RAM) but when I compare its performance to an older version: Matlab 5.3 the new version is about 3.7 times slower. Running a certain m-file in 5.3 takes about 27 seconds, while running exactly the same m-file in Matlab 6.5.1 takes about 102 seconds (using tic toc). Can anyone tell me if this is normal (why then?) ? And if so why would I wanna use the newer version if it is that much slower? Ron Yes this is correct. After 5.3, Matlab and Simulink are running much much slower. Twice the execution time is typical a...

GUI from matlab 6.5 or 6 to 7
Hi ! I made a GUI using matlab 6 and windows ... it seems to work with matlab 6.5 and linux but not with matlab 7.. The problem is with the function "openfig" which calls "hgload". I believe it's a file format probleme. "hgload" don't want to open my GUI.fig Can someone help me please ? Thanks a lot ! ...

MATLAB 6 to MATLAB 7 changes
I am looking for information here on the MathWorks website about the changes between MATLAB 6 and MATLAB 7. Specifically, I am looking for information about changes in the handling of .mat files. For example if I have a mat-file: example.mat located in the MATLAB current directory. In MATLAB 7 I can load this data-file into the MATLAB workspace with: >> load example And it loads fine. If I type the above load command in MATLAB 6 I get and error. Is there anything that provides the technical information for this? Thanks Dave Dave wrote: > I am looking for information here on t...

Matlab 5 vs Matlab 6
Are there any significant difference/s between Matlab 5 and 6? In article <ef0b5a4.-1@webx.raydaftYaTP>, "Timothy Ramos" <teej_ramos@yahoo.com> wrote: > Are there any significant difference/s between Matlab 5 and 6? Yes. Timothy Ramos wrote: > Are there any significant difference/s between Matlab 5 and 6? http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk_r13/help/base/relnotes/matlab/rn.html -- Brad Phelan http://xtargets.com Timothy Ramos <teej_ramos@yahoo.com> wrote: > Are there any significant difference/s between Matlab 5 and 6? As others have said, ye...

Conflict of Server between Matlab 6.5 and 7.7
I run Matlab 7.7.0 in Windows Vista. Windows recognize though as server a failed installation of Matlab 6.5. Any idea how can I delete the prints of old failed installation or how can I establish Matlab 7.7.0 as a permanent server? ...

How can I execute a GUI app. done on matlab 6.5 to matlab 6.1
How can I execute a GUI app. done on matlab 6.5 to matlab 6.1 my GUI have 2 *.fig and 2 *.m and first GUI pass result to the second ...

Web resources about - Solution: MATLAB 6.5 (R13) natively on Windows 7 - comp.soft-sys.matlab