Solve Kolmogorov forward equation with PDEPE

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Does anyone have the code to solve Kolmogorov forward equation using
function PDEPE?

I shall appreciate it very much.

James

0
Reply jamesjjcai (7) 4/30/2008 7:51:12 AM

See related articles to this posting

Can Matlab solve a system of equations contain one pde(1-D) equation and 3 ode equations by the pdepe solver?
I have a system of equations contains one one-dimensional pde and three ode. Can it be solved by the 'pdepe' solver? If it can,how do I treat the boundary function of odes? ...

Solve wave equation with pdepe?
Can pdepe solve the wave equation: 2 2 d u 2 d u ------ = v ------ 2 2 d t d x ...

Solving diffusion equation with pdepe
hello everyone i this error: ??? Error using ==> daeic12 at 77 This DAE appears to be of index greater than 1. Error in ==> ode15s at 395 [y,yp,f0,dfdy,nFE,nPD,Jfac] = daeic12(odeFcn,odeArgs,t,ICtype,Mt,y,yp0,f0,... Error in ==> pdepe at 320 [t,y] = ode15s(@pdeodes,t,y0,opts); Error in ==> ec_connu at 9 sol = pdepe(m,@pdex1pde,@pdex1ic,@pdex1bc,x,t); in this code: function ec_connu %con matlab N=100; m = 1; x = linspace(1e-300,2.5,100); t = linspace(0,1,N); sol = pdepe(m,@pdex1pde,@pdex1ic,@pdex1bc,x,t); % Extract the first solution component as u. u = sol(:,:,1); %...

pdepe cannot solve partial differential equation
Dear all, I am trying to solve a system of three coupled (nonlinear) differential equations containing first order derivatives in time and space, e.g. x-direction. When I try to solve the system I get the following error: "This DAE appears to be of index greater than 1." Maybe I am not allowed to set the second order derivatives to zero, because it is then neither parabolic nor elliptic. Boundary conditions are all set to zero. Did anybody encounter this same problem before? Thanks David Source code: function SRS_pde_solver_pulsed lambda_p=1.545e-6; % [m] g_R=10.5e-11; % Stim...

method to solve a pdepe diffusion equation (help!!)
Hi everyone. First of all I'm sorry for the english. OK here is my problem. I'm trying to solve this equation [URL=http://img215.imageshack.us/i/im1c.png/][IMG]http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/8672/im1c.png[/IMG][/URL] The code for that (with some conditions) is here (go to the end to see my questions :-) ): function ec_connu_general3 N=100; m = 1; x = linspace(1,200,N); t = linspace(1,150,N); sol = pdepe(m,@pdex1pde,@pdex1ic,@pdex1bc,x,t); % Extract the first solution component as u. u = sol(:,:,1); save pro5.mat % A surface plot is often a good way to study a solution...

solving composite heat transfer equations using 'pdepe'
:For given example regarding usage of 'pdepe', multiple system of equations are defined at interval 0 to 1. My question is what if both equations are for different intervals say :0 to 5 : :5 to 8. and :Hence over all heat is transfered from 0 to 8. : BC are one bc at x=0 two BC at x=5 one BC at x=8 in all we have 4 BC and One IC for given set of 2 PDE. It would be of help if someone could help me out for solving this form of PDE. regards Jaidev Hello Jaidev, I know this post is really old, but did you get an answer to your problem? I...

solving an array of equations with solve
Hello, I want to find zeros of a system of equations, eq=[eq(1),..,eq(n)]. But solve(eq) doesn't seem to work here, yet solve(eq(1),..,eq(n)) does. Suggestions? Thanks. ...

difference equations to solve wave equation
i am new in matlab. Can any one help out in how to solve a the wave equation using finite difference methods(Say the five point method). I will be grateful. Thanks On May 13, 3:42=A0pm, "Kayanja Andy" <kayanja.and...@yahoo.com> wrote: > i am new in matlab. Can any one help out in how to solve a the wave equat= ion using finite difference methods(Say the five point method). I will be g= rateful. Thanks what have YOU done so far to solve YOUR particular problem... us "Kayanja Andy" <kayanja.andrew@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:hsgvjc$c11$1@f...

Problem solving equation using Solve
I compute a derivative of a function od fime which contains the variables ax,ay,bx,by,cx,cy,centerOfMassx,centerOfMassy, beta and v. These variables are all real numbers. By doing afgeleide = FullSimplify[ D[Cones[beta, v], v], {{ax, ay, bx, by, cx, cy, dx, dy, centerOfMassx, centerOfMassy} \[Element] Reals}, TimeConstraint -> 5] I get the following, for which I want to compute solutions = Solve[afgeleide == 0, v] But the problem is that this is too hard for my pc to solve with mathematica, can anyone help me to change the function so that mathematica can handle i...