Solve Kolmogorov forward equation with PDEPE

Does anyone have the code to solve Kolmogorov forward equation using
function PDEPE?

I shall appreciate it very much.

James

comp.soft-sys.matlab 207060 articles. 0 followers. lunamoonmoon (258) is leader. Post Follow

Help with differential equation
Dear experts, I tried solving the following differential equation using DSolve: y' ' [x]+a( y' [x] ) = b( cos[y] ) But I got error message which asked me to provide proper arguments for cos.. So I changed cos[y] to cos[kx] and obtained solution... However, I have to solve the equation by keeping cos[y] in order to obtain a solution of relevance to my work. Please help. praveen I am sure will get a number of replies, but the correct functional call for cosine is: Cos[y] not cos[y]. Kevin mathpavi wrote: > Dear experts, > I tried solving the f...

Can you solve this in matlab2009b 64 bit? (systems of equations to be solved using "solve")
Hi all, Can you solve the following in matlab 2009b 64 bit (macosx with snow leopard)? I get the errors given below the code. It takes a lot of time before Matlab gives the error. Where do I go wrong? %----------------------- syms p0 p00 p1 p2 cn cr dn dr a an ar bn br T tau real; myfun = [ -(tau*(2*an + 2*bn*cn - 4*bn*p1 - dn*tau))/2; -(tau*(2*ar + 2*br*cr - 4*br*p0 - dr*tau))/2; ((T - tau)*(T*dn - 2*an - 2*bn*cn + 4*bn*p2 + dn*tau))/2; ((T - tau)*(T*dr - 2*ar - 2*br*cr + 4*br*p00 + dr*tau))/2; an*p2 - an*p1 - ar*p0 + ar*p00 + bn*p1^2 - bn*p2^2 + br*p0^2 - br*p00^2 - bn*cn*p1 + bn*c...

Invoke script on FORWARD mod_proxy
I have Apache setup as a forward proxy server at my work. I need to monitor the requests that the proxy server gets. I want to do it by invoking a Perl script using PerlHandler, or something like this. The thing is, I can't get Apache to invoke the PerlHandler when a request is made. Any ideas? Thanks, Ran __/ [Ran Aroussi] on Thursday 09 February 2006 17:06 \__ > I have Apache setup as a forward proxy server at my work. I need to > monitor the requests that the proxy server gets. > > I want to do it by invoking a Perl script using PerlHandler, or &g...

trans-dsline file equation format?
Hi all, can someone please refresh my memory? I need to issue a file equation that points to a file on the other side of a DS connection. I create the connection via yoda:dsline h=3Dhobbes remote :H hobbes:hello... hobbes::=20 yoda:file x=3Dnpconfig.pub.sys:H yoda:dif i *x o npconfig.pub.sys x no difference msg; I just made changes and want to see the other diffs too! I seem to recall there being a clause similar to file x=3Dnpconfig.pub.sys;dev=3D<DS environment name??>#Disk I know it's not a dif issue; I've seen this work in the past. TIA Tra...

solve the questions
i am beginer in vc++.i want help in the following questions. 1. How can i create database program using sql server through codings.If we want DSN name it also create through codings. if u have any easy sample program please sent the following mail id. nevis_soft@yahoo.co.in "nevis" <nevis_soft@yahoo.co.in> wrote in message news:e5011219.0405310413.6c3b9785@posting.google.com... > i am beginer in vc++.i want help in the following questions. > 1. > How can i create database program using sql server through codings.If > we want DSN name it also create through codi...

Selective call forwarding device?
hello, my local phone company does not offer Selective call forwarding. What I wish to do is to have only certain incoming calls from certain numbers forwarded to another line. Is there a device out there that would do this for me? Thanks in advance. Jody On 24 Sep 2003 08:50:34 -0700, craphound999@hotmail.com (Jody Bregler) wrote: >hello, my local phone company does not offer Selective call >forwarding. What I wish to do is to have only certain incoming calls >from certain numbers forwarded to another line. Is there a device out >there that would do this for me? Tha...

solving an array of equations with solve
Hello, I want to find zeros of a system of equations, eq=[eq(1),..,eq(n)]. But solve(eq) doesn't seem to work here, yet solve(eq(1),..,eq(n)) does. Suggestions? Thanks. ...

Need a solved genetic algorithm example problem for Optimization
Greetings. I am teaching a class on Engineering Optimization to undergraduate students. During the last week of classes, I want to cover some non-traditional optimization topics such as Simulated Annealing, Generic Algorithms, Taguchi Methods, and the like. I am looking for a fully solved example problem that uses genetic algorithms. The problem can involve any particular application - backpack problem, traveling salesman problem, and so on. It does not have to be fancy. However, I do need the m-code so that I can run it - and maybe single step in debug mode - in front of the class. Sadl...

Multi-boot liveCDs solved!
Multi-boot liveCDs solved!!!!!!!! http://www.pcquest.com/content/enterprise/2005/105070101.asp (link from http://www.livedistro.org) Hats off to Mr. Anindya Roy for taking simple liveCDs and putting them together into different directories a big DVD and then make the DVD multi-boot so as to boot any of those liveCDs!!!!! I've been waiting a year for this solution - and its so simple! It could have (and probably have been) done ages ago. Now you can show burn a single DVD (or CD) with many liveCD distros as you want and the choose which one to run from menu. Never leave home without you...

Solving an integral for an unknown function
Dear All, I wonder if anyone could let me know if there is a general solution to the following problem in Mathematica. Suppose the functions g[u,w] and h[w] are known. I want to find a function f[u] such that Integrate[g[u,w]*f[u],{u,0,1}]=h[w]. In addition I know that Integrate[f[u],{u,0,1}]=2 and Integrate[u*f[u],{u,0,1}]=1. Is it possible to solve the above for the unknown function f[u]? Of course there might be several solutions but I would be happy to find one. Many thanks in advance for any suggestions. Mikael ...

solving with inverse functions/inexact coefficients
I'm trying to solve a set of simultaneous equations describing a laser cavity. A much simplified set of equations in Real unknowns F1, F2 and NU looks like this: F2 == Exp[0.76 NU] F1, F1 == 0.5 F2 Exp[0.76 NU], 0.5 F2 + NU == 15 They can be solved by hand very easily with two solutions, {F1=F2=0 && NU = 15} and {NU=0.46, F1=14.5, F2=29.1} Now Solve cannot solve these equations unless I change both instances of 0.76 to integers. Reduce seems to hang (or at least take too long to return and answer). Reduce can solve the problem quickly if I change both instances of 0.76 t...

svm solve everything
MySVMLIB and MySEMLIB Copyright (C) 2007 Zhi-Jie He The LIB for SVM and OC-SVM training A fast and parameter-free SVM training algorithm with direct generalized performance control is achieved. By integrating kernel caching, shrinking and using second order information, a fast QP trainer is achieved. For traditional two-class SVM, the generalized error bound derived from SLT is calculated and minimized for the selection of parameters, with ZQP method and parallel method to speed up the process. For one-class SVM, a compression criterion is proposed and used to search the best kernel width au...

designing a GA for solving general network routing problems.
Respected sir/madam Suppose i have a General computer networks independent of Topologies.I want to find the shortest path from source to destination through GA but using GA..... I don't know the use of GA chromosome encoding and fitness functions in matlab. what u suggest. thanking you ...........help me dear plz........ ...

IP forwarding not working on win 2000 Pro
I've got a Windows 2000 Pro machine that is connected to the internet via another machine (Freesco Router). Win 2k machine uses DHCP. I can use internet from W2K machine, but not from laptop: Internet - - - (Freesco)d - - - a(W2K)b - - - c(Laptop) .. . . . - - - 192.168.1.1 - - - - Using laptop I can ping b NIC, but not a nor d. I have changed IPEnableRouter in w2k to 1, but still no go. Routing table on W2K: Network Destination Netmask Gateway Interface Metric 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.1.1 192.168.1.100 1 0....

Estimating parameters and delays in delayed differential equations.
Hi, I'm working on a problem in which I need to estimate the parameters and the delay of a delayed differential equation. I'm aware of the DDE23 package that evaluates the delayed differential equation for known values of parameters and delays, however I haven't been able to find a resource that can help in model fitting of such delayed equations, or perhaps something that helps combine the dde23 package with some other sort of parameter and delay estimation routine. I would be grateful for any help that could be provided with this. My equation is of the type: ydot = beta*y(t-ta...

Nonlinear equations #5
Hello, I'm trying to solve a nonlinear system of equations but I only got bullshit. I used the fsolve command, are there other possibillities to solve this system? Thank you very much!! Birk Here is my last try to make this programm working: x0=[30 0.02 200 2]; options=optimset('MaxFunEvals',600,'MaxIter',600); x=fsolve(@Funktion_Startwertsuche3,x0,options,eta_40,beta_oel,Q,lax,Z, CR,bax,omega,X,B,Pfstern,D,T_en,cp,rho); %and function [F]= Funktion_Startwertsuche3 (x,eta_40,beta_oel,Q,lax,Z,CR,bax,omega,X,B,Pfstern,D,T_en,cp,rho); F = [eta_40*exp(-beta_oel*(x(1)-40)...

problem to solve #2
any of you can help me indicating how to solve this problem: &#8730;(x(x+1)(x+2)= x+i Thank Regards Guillermo "Barker Guillermo" <bcguillermo@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eeddcde.-1@webx.raydaftYaTP... > any of you can help me indicating how to solve this problem: > > &#8730;(x(x+1)(x+2)= x+i > > Thank > Regards > Guillermo On my newsreader, Outlook Express, your "problem" reads as gibberish. Perhaps you can clarify your problem rather than just reposting it. ...

Solving differential equation..
Dear All, Hope you all are doing well, I am new to MATLAB, I am willing to make a program which can solve the 2nd order differential equation. Actually I got the source code but I can not understand the code completely. Please help me out, I will be very thankful. Thanks On 10/9/2013 8:55 AM, NED nabeel wrote: > Dear All, > > Hope you all are doing well, > > I am new to MATLAB, I am willing to make a program which can solve >the 2nd order differential equation. Actually I got the source code >but I can not understand the code completely. > > P...

Solve Linear Equations NaN return

TextEdit and MathType equations
As a recent OS X convert I have a question about pasting equations (in this case, written in an old version of MathType, version 3.7a) into TextEdit documents. In the past when using OS 9 I created equations in MathType and saved them as PICTs. Then, using ResEdit, I pasted them into SimpleText documents. This, though somewhat inconvenient, produced reasonably high quality output when using PrintToPDF to create PDF files. One drawback was that the inserted PICTs were always centered within their lines rather than starting at the left edge but, for the intended purpose, this was OK. N...

Re: suggestion --Problem Solved-Viptos is running now
Hi Wahid, Glad it worked! I've cleaned up a couple of other uses of PTJAVA_DIR. The version of Java that is recommended depends on the exact release of Ptolemy. The version numbers are listed in $PTII/doc/install.htm. For Vipotos 1.0.2, I believe Java 1.4.2_06 and Java 1.5.0_06 will work. For Viptos from the Ptolemy CVS tree (see http://chess.eecs.berkeley.edu/ptexternal), I believe we are using Java 1.5.0_11. Java 1.4 will not work everywhere in the Ptolemy CVS tree, we are using generics in several places. Java 1.6 will also work with the Ptolemy CVS tree. If y...

Using Solve to solve system of 2 eqns
Hello, I wrote the following code to estimate cell (x) and substrate (s) concentrations: Ks = 0.05; % (g/L) Saturation Constant Yxs = 1; % (g/g) Yield Coefficient MuMax = 2.3; % (hr-1) Max Specific Growth Rate So = 1; % Initial Substrate Concentration c = 2; % Cell Concentration Factor alpha = 0.6; % Recycle Ratio based on volumetric flow rates d = 0:0.1:6; D = d'; % (hr-1) Rate of Dilution A = 1 + alpha - (alpha .* c); Mu = D .* A; % Specific Growth Rate % % Equations: syms s x [s,x] = solve(s - ((Mu .* Ks) ./ (MuMax - Mu)), ... x - ((Yxs .* (So-s)) ./ A)); % Substrate...

differential equation using matrix format xdot=A*X+B*U
I need to solve a system of two differential equations using matrix formulation of the form xdot=A*X+B*U I am understand that xdot is the first derivative of x using MATLAB. xdot=A*X+B*U and write an m-file to run it using ode45. How do I input the system 42y1+8.4y'1- 42y2=336 and 10y'2+90y2=42y1 with conditions y1(0)=y2(0)=0 solution for 0 0r equal< t<less or equal 20 Any help would be appreciated. I am new to MATLAB Thanks Juancho Here is solution: make file solve_ode.m with content: y0=[0 0]; % initial condition tspan=[0,20]; % time range % solve: [T,Y] ...

Will Fortran 2003 Solve This Problem?
Hi, I've posted a similar question before without a good answer - maybe I'll have better luck this time... I want to do object oriented (OO) programming in Fortran 2003, specifically for simulating dynamic systems (missiles, etc.). I've tried to do OO programming in Fortran 95, and always ran into circular USE problems. For example, suppose I have two classes, ClassA and ClassB, which I define in separate modules. ClassA has a member function that requires data from an object of type ClassB. At the same time, ClassB has a member function that requires data from an o...

Trigonometric solve
Dear all, I have a fairly simple question that i was not able to figure out on mathematica. I have function KI with two variables gama and teta. Gama varies over a predefined range for which the values are input. Then I take the derivative of KI with respect to teta "AA" as gama varies. So I obtain a list of expressions for AA {...,.....,....} as gama varies in the range. Last thing I do is try to solve each element AA with respect to teta. I thought this would give me a list of teta solutions {.,..}. But i have an empty set. On the other hand when i define gama as ...