solving dense singular linear system

Hello,
I am trying to solve a square system of linear equation Ax=b, with A
singular. Any suggestions about possible MATLAB built-in routines or
user-contributed routines are welcome.

Is it possible to use any of lsqr, cgs, gmres methods? do these give
accurate solution, is any method better than the others.

As I was reading, I came across the topic of matrix deflation and
inflation, anybody know about MATLAB resources related to this topic?

There was also a suggestion to reduce the number of equation by 1 and
then making the matrix consistent. Any insight on this is very
appreciated.

Thanks,
0
fdawoud (1)
5/29/2007 2:49:47 AM
comp.soft-sys.matlab 211107 articles. 13 followers. lunamoonmoon (258) is leader. Post Follow

"Fady Dawoud" <fdawoud@dal.ca> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I am trying to solve a square system of linear equation Ax=b, with A
> singular. Any suggestions about possible MATLAB built-in routines or
> user-contributed routines are welcome.
>
> Is it possible to use any of lsqr, cgs, gmres methods? do these give
> accurate solution, is any method better than the others.
>
> As I was reading, I came across the topic of matrix deflation and
> inflation, anybody know about MATLAB resources related to this topic?
>
> There was also a suggestion to reduce the number of equation by 1 and
> then making the matrix consistent. Any insight on this is very
> appreciated.
>
> Thanks,

HELP MLDIVIDE

--
Steve Lord
slord@mathworks.com

0
slord (13687)
5/29/2007 3:44:07 AM
Fady Dawoud wrote:

> Hello,
> I am trying to solve a square system of linear equation Ax=b, with
> singular. Any suggestions about possible MATLAB built-in routines
> or
> user-contributed routines are welcome.
>
> Is it possible to use any of lsqr, cgs, gmres methods? do these
> give
> accurate solution, is any method better than the others.
>
> As I was reading, I came across the topic of matrix deflation and
> inflation, anybody know about MATLAB resources related to this
> topic?
>
> There was also a suggestion to reduce the number of equation by 1
> and
> then making the matrix consistent. Any insight on this is very
> appreciated.
>
> Thanks,

x = pinv(A)*b

HTH,