Some questions on matlab

Hi all, i am using matlab and encountered some problems. Kindly advice.

1)i am using newff function to create a neural network.After which,
someone advised me to set some of the parameters ,for example,
net.performFcn,net.trainParam.goal and many more. But i tried using my
matlab help and search for function to llok up for what these
parameters
do. However, i can't find any help on these parameters. Where can i
find
them?

2)i intend to use the train function to train my network. In the train
function, according to the help file,we can also give T(network
targets)
as input. Can someone kindly explain to me what is network targets?

3)while processing the image,i came across something like y=[13x8
logical], what does it mean? Why cant i look into the content? When i
try
to do sum(y(:,1)), it gives an error saying "Function 'sum' is not
defined
for values of class 'cell'." However, if i use it in an while loop
comparison statement, there is no error. Why?

4)Is there any free converter that convert matlab code to C++ form?

Thanks & Regards

SaM wrote:
> Hi all, i am using matlab and encountered some problems. Kindly advice.
>
> 1)i am using newff function to create a neural network.After which,
> someone advised me to set some of the parameters ,for example,
> net.performFcn,net.trainParam.goal and many more. But i tried using my
> matlab help and search for function to llok up for what these
> parameters
> do. However, i can't find any help on these parameters. Where can i
> find
> them?
>
> 2)i intend to use the train function to train my network. In the train
> function, according to the help file,we can also give T(network
> targets)
> as input. Can someone kindly explain to me what is network targets?

http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/toolbox/nnet/

Hope this helps.

Greg

> 3)while processing the image,i came across something like y=[13x8
> logical], what does it mean? Why cant i look into the content? When i
> try
> to do sum(y(:,1)), it gives an error saying "Function 'sum' is not
> defined
> for values of class 'cell'." However, if i use it in an while loop
> comparison statement, there is no error. Why?
>

> 4)Is there any free converter that convert matlab code to C++ form?
>
> Thanks & Regards

0
heath (3983)
4/17/2006 2:29:27 PM
Greg Heath wrote:
> SaM wrote:
> > Hi all, i am using matlab and encountered some problems. Kindly advice.
> >
> > 1)i am using newff function to create a neural network.After which,
> > someone advised me to set some of the parameters ,for example,
> > net.performFcn,net.trainParam.goal and many more. But i tried using my
> > matlab help and search for function to llok up for what these
> > parameters
> > do. However, i can't find any help on these parameters. Where can i
> > find
> > them?
> >
> > 2)i intend to use the train function to train my network. In the train
> > function, according to the help file,we can also give T(network
> > targets)
> > as input. Can someone kindly explain to me what is network targets?
>
> http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/toolbox/nnet/
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Greg
>
> > 3)while processing the image,i came across something like y=[13x8
> > logical], what does it mean? Why cant i look into the content? When i
> > try
> > to do sum(y(:,1)), it gives an error saying "Function 'sum' is not
> > defined
> > for values of class 'cell'." However, if i use it in an while loop
> > comparison statement, there is no error. Why?
> >

> > 4)Is there any free converter that convert matlab code to C++ form?
> >
> > Thanks & Regards

Thanks,Greg. Anyone can provide any help on the other questions? Thanks
a lot