starting matlab gui outside matlab

Hello!

I have to start my matlab gui outside matlab program (without opening
it). Is there something like .bat file in Java for Matlab?

Thanks for helping me out...
:)

Emma
0
emma_pet (10)
6/13/2005 11:50:58 AM
comp.soft-sys.matlab 211266 articles. 18 followers. lunamoonmoon (258) is leader. Post Follow

Hi Emma,
I'm not sure if I understand your question.
One way would be to compile the GUI (there is a lot of stuff on that
in this forum).
Otherwise, if you just want to avoid opening Matlab and loading the
file, you can use:
1) a simple .bat file with the following command:
matlab -minimize -yourfile.m
2) a shortcut with this line as target (but with the full matlab.exe
path), in which you also specify your gui directory in the "start in"
field.

Both options will open the gui and a Matlab session, in a mimimized
window. Search for "startup options" in the help for more
information (you can combine more options)

As far as I know, there is no way to completely hide the Matlab
window. If you discover how to do, let me know!

Frank

emma wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I have to start my matlab gui outside matlab program (without
> opening
> it). Is there something like .bat file in Java for Matlab?
>
> Thanks for helping me out...
> :)
>
> Emma
0