Startup Time MCR

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hello,
sometimes i need to deploy some applications with the mcr Compiler.
In principle everything works well -- but:
The first start-up time for an standalone Matlab Application is extremely long. Up to several minutes!
( Env: Fresh installed win xp, virus scanner: trend micro office scan, no other apps)

1. Is this normal?
2. Are there reasons for this?
3. Are there workarounds, like start the mcr at boot time?

Thanks for your help
Hans
0
Reply Hans 7/20/2010 3:37:04 PM

See related articles to this posting

Short Startup Time, Enormously Long Login Time
Hey all, As of the last few months, my PowerBook G4 12" (1.33GHz, 768MB RAM, 10.3.9) has been exhibiting an excessively long delay between login and desktop accessbility. The bootup is extremely fast, but after I type my name and password in (and after the login window disappears), I get beachball for almost a full minute before my desktop displays (or any of my startup items load). I'm interested to know what is causing this delay, so I'm looking for a few tips: - What log files should I be looking at to try and diagnose this problem? - What actually gets loaded between t...

SHOW TIME vs. MCR SYSMAN /CLUSTER DO SHOW TIME
During the time change I noticed a difference in time using certain commands. My UTC was set properly across all nodes. For example SHOW TIME and SHOW SYSTEM reflect a standard time across all nodes: ================================================== $ SHOW TIME 31-OCT-2004 07:35:15 $ SHOW SYSTEM /CLUSTER /NOPROC OpenVMS V7.2-1 on node NODE1 31-OCT-2004 07:35:22.63 Uptime 204 20:00:47 OpenVMS V7.2-1 on node NODE2 31-OCT-2004 07:35:22.64 Uptime 187 07:19:01 OpenVMS V7.2-1 on node NODE3 31-OCT-2004 07:35:22.65 Uptime 204 19:31:08 ===============================================...

Oracle 10g enterprise on windows xp pro
Hello everybody, I'm quite new to oracle so please bear with me :) I installed Oracle 10g on an old desktop pc (athlon 1,3 ghz, 512mb ram, via chipset), OS is a fresh and clean windows xp with sp2. What makes me really wonder: if I log in with the windows user without waiting some minutes the oracle instance isn't coming up. enterprise manager tells me that the listener is started, but instance is down. I waited about 5 to 10 minutes, nothing happend. If I wait for about 3 to 5 minutes before I log in everythings fine! Thanks for any help / suggestions in advance! :) Mathias Ringho...

Startup time
In some communication models the time required to transfer n elements at a time is given by s + n*w, where s is the startup time and w is the time for transferring one element. It is also known that one could overlap communication with computation, i.e. while all n elements are being transferred the CPU may perform some computations. Does this overlapping include the startup time or not? BigMan wrote: > In some communication models the time required to transfer n elements > at a time is given by s + n*w, where s is the startup time and w is the > time for transferring one element. I...

PSP8 Startup Time
A few weeks ago we had a thread about the slow startup time for PSP8 compared to 7. A common thought was that it was very dependent upon system memory. I use Win98, 600 MHz. At the time, I had 128 M ram and my startup time for PSP8 was 30 seconds for the first start, and about 26 seconds for subsequent starts. Today I installed an additional 256 M, and now get these times 30 seconds for the first start, and about 10 seconds for subsequent. So, at least for my system, the extra Ram didn't influence the initial start time at all. Of course, I get many other benefits, particularly the abi...

cisco startup time?
how to find the cisco startup time..or for how long it has been online/working/powered.. tia In article <98b39326.0312050757.23b6927d@posting.google.com>, raptor <raptor@tvskat.net> wrote: :how to find the cisco startup time..or for how long it has been :online/working/powered.. "show uptime" -- Caution: A subset of the statements in this message may be tautologically true. "show uptime" are sure or just drunk? "Walter Roberson" <roberson@ibd.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca> wrote in message news:bqqa50$ecr$1@canopus.cc.umanitoba.ca... > In article <...

sshd -i startup time
When I run sshd from xinetd, it takes 30 seconds for the password prompt to appear. sshd is not using up cpu in this time. What is is doing? Running sshd -i -d -d -d give me: Feb 14 16:58:12 d1 xinetd[725]: START: sshd pid=4888 from=66.166.198.124 Feb 14 16:58:42 d1 sshd[4888]: debug1: inetd sockets after dupping: 5, 6 .... This is OpenSSH_3.5p1 On 2006-02-15, Joseph Shraibman <jks@iname.com> wrote: > When I run sshd from xinetd, it takes 30 seconds for the password prompt > to appear. sshd is not using up cpu in this time. What is is doing? Reverse resolving the sour...

Application startup times
Hi I'm sure this is a newbie question, and certainly a FAQ. I'm finding that starting up apps (particularly kate and quanta) in KDE takes forever - often over 5 minutes. I've googled around, but apart from general guides to setting up swap partitions, I've not found anything useful (probably because I dont know what keywords to look for). This is what free shows while kate is loading, and my hard disk is thrashing madly: total used free shared buffers cached Mem: 256020 242464 13556 0 41156 66628 -/+ buf...

Improving startup time
Hi, I am on Linux (Ubuntu Feisty) and when I start wish, it can take up to 10 seconds before the application launches. The start of my program looks like this: #!/usr/bin/wish -f # vim: tw=0 puts "Starting" and I sometimes wait about 10 seconds before seeing that message. Any ideas? L -- Prenez la parole en public en étant Speak to an audience while being moins nerveux et plus convaincant! less nervous and more convincing! Éveillez l'orateur en vous! Bring out the speaker in you! Information: laurent@duperval.com http://ww...

MCR Startup options
Hello! I am just using the Matlab Builder for .NET. Within the help, the Utility class describes "Startup options" for the MCR (MatLab Runtime). Does anybody know some details on this options? I can not find anything in the help ... Best regards, Martin. ...

MCR loading time...
Hi Running a C# program, which is loading plugins witten in matlab, compiled with matlabs .Net builder. All that works fine, but when i'm loading the plugins the first time, and by that initializes the MCR, it takes quite a long time...about 10 seconds. After that it runs smoothly with no hourglass�. Does anyone know how to deal with that ?? Thanks! ...

gdm startup time
I'm having some problems with a lengthy gdm startup time on my FreeBSD 4.9 machine. It has a 200MHz Pentium processor with 64MB of system RAM and a PCI Matrox Millenium card with 4MB of video RAM. I can configure the card without any problems, and most things work fine (xdm, startx). The problem is that when I try to startup gdm, it takes on the order of five minutes to go from the screen with the grey background to the login screen. I've disabled the graphical login, but it still takes a long time. The only error message in :0.log aside from the normal X stuff is this: (EE) ...

Instance startup time
Hi folks, I know, I can find the uptime of an Informix instance in every onstat, but the date and time of the instance startup? Has anyone a nifty solution for that? TIA, R�diger Try onstat -g ntt, and use the open time of the poll or listener threads? On my system it's a few seconds before On-Line Mode appears in the message log. -- Phil@oninit.com "R�diger M�hl" <ruediger.maehl@web.de> wrote: > Hi folks, > > I know, I can find the uptime of an Informix instance > in every onstat, but the date and time of the instanc...

linux startup time
What is the startup time for linux on a PDA? Is it as bad as on a computer? Nakas wrote: > What is the startup time for linux on a PDA? Is it as bad as on a computer? > > My zaurus typically starts at under a 10th of a second after switching it on. Arnold "Arnold Ligtvoet" <news@ligtvoet.org> wrote in message news:vm9j33pvaufq9c@corp.supernews.com... > Nakas wrote: > > What is the startup time for linux on a PDA? Is it as bad as on a computer? > > > > > My zaurus typically starts at under a 10th of a second aft...

Java startup time
From http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/java/ Less memory, faster start On other platforms, each Java application consumes some system memory, so you might end up using more memory than you need to when running multiple Java applications. Other languages, such as C or C++, solve this problem using what�s called shared libraries. Apple developed an innovative new technology that allows Java code to be shared across multiple applications. This reduces the amount of memory that Java applications normally use. And it fits right into Sun�s Hot Spot VM, allowing Mac OS X to rema...

PSP8 Startup Time
A few weeks ago we had a thread about the slow startup time for PSP8 compared to 7. A common thought was that it was very dependent upon system memory. I use Win98, 600 MHz. At the time, I had 128 M ram and my startup time for PSP8 was 30 seconds for the first start, and about 26 seconds for subsequent starts. Today I installed an additional 256 M, and now get these times 30 seconds for the first start, and about 10 seconds for subsequent. So, at least for my system, the extra Ram didn't influence the initial start time at all. Of course, I get many other benefits, particularly the abi...

Newbe Startup Time Question
Hi, I'm completely new to FPGA:s. Assume the FPGA is up and running and all startup settings are initiated. How long does it take to load a new logic scheme into the FPGA? For instance if I want to change the scheme from some previously uploaded image algorithm to some encrypter algorithm, how long time would that take in average? Are we talking microseconds or even seconds? Thanks Daniel dannymarcus@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > I'm completely new to FPGA:s. > Assume the FPGA is up and running and all startup settings are > initiated. How long > does it take to load...

Startup-time reading newsgroups
Good morning, I wonder wether anybody else had the same experience. When opening comp.mail.pine (just an example) on the server news.t-online.de with pine 4.61, it takes about 2 minutes until pine reacts again. Doing the same with thunderbird 0.7.3 the same operation is finished in less than a second. The same sluggishness of pine can be observed when chnging the sort order. Is this behavior of pine wanted, a bug or a misconfiguration on my side? Too bad that pine goofes on newsgroups, the mail part is excellent. Othmar Marti Experimental Physics University of Ulm *** Othmar Marti (b...

MCR clusterwide SHOW TIME
Why does $ mcr sys$system:sysman do show time %SYSMAN-I-OUTPUT, command execution on node OKAPI 23-APR-2008 10:38:14 $ brings me to DCL prompt again, but $ mcr sys$system:sysman set env/cluster %SYSMAN-I-ENV, current command environment: Clusterwide on local cluster Username SYSTEM will be used on nonlocal nodes SYSMAN> doesn't exit SYSMAN? How can I use MCR to SHOW TIME on all cluster nodes? This command doesn't give me that: $ pipe mcr sys$system:sysman set env/cluster|mcr sys$system:sysman do show time SYSMAN> %SYSMAN-I-OUTPUT, command exec...

oracle database-startup time
Hi, I wanted to know what oracle database startup time depends on? Does size of database matter or it is constant on the same machine? Alex: > I wanted to know what oracle database startup time depends on? Does > size of database matter or it is constant on the same machine? Are you talking about on a clean startup or where recovery is involved? Have you done any testing on systems you have access to? CPU cycles are involved along with disk reads ( control files, tablespace files ) and some disk writes ( log files etc ). The size of the database should not be direc...

cannot install MCR run time
I am running into a technical problem. Before I can run an exe file compiled by matlab I have to install MCR run time. But my installation cannot be made. My laptop was installed with Vista. The compiler version is 7.9. I have tried to install it on C:/, C:/program file and C:\user\FCS\Documents and none of them worked. The error message says 'The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation'. I also have a very old version of matlab installed on my computer under C:\. I am not sure this is the problem with the path or the setting of my vista. Besides, this is my ...

Executable startup/run time
Hi, I have made a executable of my function in Matlab using the mcc command. This function reads from a file and writes a result to a another file depending on the command line options. At the begin and end of this function I have placed the tic/toc commands to measure the execution time. The first problem: When the m-file is executed from Matlab, the elapsed tic/toc time is 0.35 seconds. When I run the Matlab Executable, the elapsed tic/toc time is 1.36 seconds. Can anyone tell where this difference comes from and how it can be reduced? The second problem: When I measure the whole execut...

Reducing the .exe startup time
Hi all I have developed a GUI and then Compiled it to a .exe using : mcc -e -R -logfile -R myLog.txt -v myProj.m After restarting my pc, When I run the myProj.exe it is taking 90-100seconds to start my gui. From second time onwards it is taking 7-8sec. Can any one tell me how to reduce the initial startup time of running the .exe. I am wondering about reducing this startup time of my gui. From Matlab, to run my application it is taking almost no time. venky.iitd@gmail.com wrote in message <37a9821c-e98a-4c67-be5e-53f37efe0253@b7g2000pre.googlegroups.com>... > Hi all > I have deve...

Printers with fast startup time
Our old deskjet has finally given up after six or seven years, and I'm not sure if we should replace it with another inkjet or move to a laser. Money is of minor concern (within limits). Usage is low (10-30 pages per week, I would estimate). Having frequently been in the situation where you frantically try to print a map or a ticket while the taxi is waiting, it would be interesting which printers take least time from switched off until the first page is out. I know that lasers are faster once they are running, but the 100-page scenario is a very rare one in our household. An...