Startup Time MCR

Hello,
sometimes i need to deploy some applications with the mcr Compiler.
In principle everything works well -- but:
The first start-up time for an standalone Matlab Application is extremely long. Up to several minutes!
( Env: Fresh installed win xp, virus scanner: trend micro office scan, no other apps)

1. Is this normal?
2. Are there reasons for this?
3. Are there workarounds, like start the mcr at boot time?

Thanks for your help
Hans
0
Hans
7/20/2010 3:37:04 PM
comp.soft-sys.matlab 207123 articles. 0 followers. lunamoonmoon (258) is leader. Post Follow

Re: SAS module dable to deal with patient wait times
there is no sas module / proc that can optimize the patient flow for you, if you don't know how to formulate the problem. At the best, SAS is just a software to implement what you think. so the problem domain defined in your email is more related to OR instead of SAS. On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 4:49 PM, Cornel Lencar <clencar@interchange.ubc.ca> wrote: > Hi, > > A couple of weeks ago, there was a posting on the SAS list regarding a SAS > module/procedure capable of optimizing patient wait times for instance. > Can anyone direct me to the appropriate posting, or point me t...

How to do a time series forecast?
For example, I have a series x as follow, then I get the parameters by arma function, then how can I do the forecast ? Is there any function in matlab can do this, or I have to make a function to do this? , if I have to , how ? Thanks all x=[0.004727321 -0.000131427 -0.016868652 -0.02206931 0.000565095 -0.015403815 0.011055909 -0.002626233 0.013615303 -0.008617022 0.004355091 0.000554525 0.008631263 -0.001801558 -0.017912737 0.001736653 - 0.001412598 -0.001047169 0.007705676 -0.00052925 0.019802613 0.00263205 -0.019001018 0.006453316 0.00689125 0.00139217 -0.00367739...

Mobile Startup looking for sharp coders
Plusmo is Hiring! Plusmo's mission is to provide the ultimate mobile experience for users by bringing together advanced technologies and easy to use services for mobile phones. Plusmo's innovative widget service lets users run cool "widgets" on their mobile phones. There are over 20,000 widgets and mobile mash-ups on Plusmo, most of them created and shared by end users and publishers with no coding knowledge. Join us in tackling the challenges of a rapidly growing service with millions of mobile page views. Plusmo's founding team has a successful track record with two m...

Word 2004 startup problem?
I've installed Office 2004, and when I start up Word (or Excel, or PowerPoint), the program dies. From the MS error reporter, I get the feeling it's tripping over a bad font. Font Doctor X doesn't see any font problems. I've flushed the font cache and rebooted, and the pig doesn't fly. (it works fine on a new g4 powerbook, which also leads me to believe it's a bad font somewhere). Any suggestions? The MS Error reporter says (in part): Microsoft Error Reporting log version: 1.0 Error Signature: Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS Date/Time: 2004-05-20 19:09:23 -0700 Applic...

GUI help
Hey everyone, I am kind of in a time crunch (this needs to be finished Friday) and need help with a GUI. I have the book Mastering Matlab, and know where the MathWorks online documentation for GUIs is, but if someone could help me directly, or point me to a similar specific example (as I go through all of this material) I would greatly appreciate it. I have programmed Matlab functions before, so I do have some understanding, but I am new to graphics and GUIs, so handles and all of that stuff is a bit confusing still. What I am trying to do: * Have the user be able to select an m-file to rea...

FC3: Slow Install-Startup/Startup/Rescue-Disk-Startup
Hi, I have an Asus P4P800-MX MB (Intel 865GV chipset). 3.0 GHz CPU w/HT, 1 GB RAM, and 80 GB HD. Bios of MB is up-to-date. The HD is contains 3 primary partions (/boot, WinXP[NTFS],10GB_shared-area[FAT32]) and an extended partion that contains the swap (2GB) and /(28GB). I have installed Fedora Core 3 (actually a dual boot installation with WinXP). During the startup of the installation the system hangs for a long time at the /sbin/loader line (maybe 5 minutes or so). I've confirmed that this happens with the rescue disks for both FC2 & FC3, as well. After that poi...

when startup runtime server an error appear.
when startup runtime server an error appear. here is the error: ??? c:\matlab6p5\toolbox\local\matlabrt.p is a P-file that may not be loaded by this Runtime MATLAB. ...

Please help! You do not have excluisve access to the database at this time
I keep getting this error when manipulating tabledefs collection members. I have seen many postings about this, but nothing fits exactly what I am doing, or there are no soloutions, so I thought I'll post to see if anything has been discovered. Specificaly I am trying to update a linked table connect property. strLink = ";DATABASE=" & strBackEnd Set dbTable = db.TableDefs(linkedTableName) dbTable.Connect = strLink dbTable.RefreshLink I have tried adding db.close and get the same result. If the code executes, and then I try to make changes in vba co...

Startup internet company is offering free profit sharing! #3
Dear partners, Sometimes it is most important to act fast. Imagine a project that has the potential to become the next GooTwitFaceuPon and you have the advantage to be one of the first to join =96 BEFORE OFFICIAL PRE-LAUNCH. F*R*E*E Forever (NO FEES) + NO AUTOSHIPS + NO JOBS TO DO +NOTHING TO SELL + NOTHING TO BUY + NOTHING TO DOWNLOAD =3D THE PERFECT OPPORTUNITY But you have to be fast: the earlier you pre-register without any costs, the more money you can make just by inviting other F*R*E*E members. My recommendation: Step 1 =96 go here and sign up: http://signup.wazzub.info/?lrRef=3...

Time for comp.os.linux.livecd ?
Is it time for new ng comp.os.linux.livecd? Just a thought. Looking http://www.knoppix.net/forum/ there is some 50,000 posts archived there alone. Thats just one of hundreds - http://www.frozentech.com content/livecd.php . If things like that get damaged or culled for any reason, it becomes a great loss. If its time will someone go out and do it please?! In article <Wm8nd.3767$08.370@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk> (Thu, 18 Nov 2004 21:20:54 +0000), 7 wrote: > Is it time for new ng comp.os.linux.livecd? I don't think so. Is the potential volume large enough? Is the volume in t...

Startup BIOS password
We have a laptop, a HP Omnibook 500, one of our employee does not remember the BIOS password at startup,,, Is it possible to find a way to re initialize the laptop so that it won't ask for a password when you open it? Is it a chip I should change? There most be a way to crack or to bypass it... I mant to learn it by my self, I want to find the right procedure so that if it happens to someone else I would be able to do it again... At The Hp service center all seems to be a secret... Bouzzi <bouzzi@yahoo.com> wrote: : We have a laptop, a HP Omnibook 500, one...

graph : absolute time ?
Hello, &nbsp; I have got a stupid problem with my application (written with Labview 8). I&nbsp;want the X scale of my graph to display the date at which each point has been acquired (I plot 1 point per day in my graph). In 'chart properties', I have chosen 'absolute time' + default editing mode : the result is that the X scale always begins and ends on 31/12/03, althought the local date (I mean, on my computer) is updated. &nbsp; What can I do ? &nbsp; Thanks in advance, &nbsp; Julien Hi julien, I don't know if you are using a waveform graph or an XY gr...

get utc time to date vector
Hi all, Does anyone know if MATLAB has any embedded functions that can convert a utc time ( number in seconds from offset at 1/1/1970 ) to a date vector of month day year hours minutes and seconds? Looks like the hardest part is to split up the months, and days since every month has various numbers of days. Thank you- "Judy " <sauwen.jl@gmail.com> wrote in message <hfk3mm$231$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Hi all, > > Does anyone know if MATLAB has any embedded functions that can convert a utc time ( number in seconds from offset at 1/1/1970 ) to a date ...

IRTAW-14 Call for Papers, International Real-Time Ada Workshop
Posted per request of the organizers. Please note the deadline is about 2 weeks from now: Friday 8 May. Dirk Craeynest, Ada-Europe ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Workshop announcement - Call for Papers IRTAW-14 14th International Real-Time Ada Workshop, 2009 Portovenere, Italy 7-9 October 2009 Organized in cooperation with Ada-Europe Deadline for Papers: 8th May 2009. See workshop web site for details of the Call. For over 20 years the series of International Real-Time Ada Workshop meetings has provided a forum for identifying issues with real-t...

Does IBM offer Advantage to SMEs?security effort to take time? #3
Hi, I am a subscriber of IBM News from www.techieindex.com . Today got an alert saying "IBM is expanding its Independent Software Vendor (ISV) Advantage program to include small-to medium enterprises in a number of vertical industries, including retail, financial services and manufacturing." Does IBM offer Advantage to SMEs? Does Microsoft expect security effort to take time? Regards, Scot ...

Real Time programs
What are some of the issues to think about when programming Standard C in a multithreaded RealTime environment? CJ wrote: > What are some of the issues to think about when programming Standard C > in a multithreaded RealTime environment? Just one small issue. You need more than just Standard C. Ask in <news:comp.programming.threads> and <news:comp.realtime>. CJ wrote: > What are some of the issues to think about when programming Standard C > in a multithreaded RealTime environment? The abstract machine in the C standard, which is topical here, is single-threaded...

[News] Time is right for Linux PCs to emerge
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080401/ap_on_hi_te/linux_pcs;_ylt=AmMkrzVz2.r6AtxNXqhj8RJk24cA or http://tinyurl.com/2gjkgm [quote] Time is right for Linux PCs to emerge By BRIAN BERGSTEIN, AP Technology Writer Tue Apr 1, 4:23 PM ET BOSTON - The free Linux operating system handles big tasks like running supercomputers and ATMs. Now Linux has a chance to finally crack Microsoft Corp.'s hold on computing's most visible domain � mainstream PCs � because of the rise of innovative, inexpensive machines. <....> Business computing suppliers are finding open-source desktops espec...

Algorithm for storing and averaging data over time
Hello, I am looking for a method or algorithm to store some kind of data (temperature, stock values, network traffic, etc) over time, where the resolution decreases over time. I have a vague idea what it should look like, I shall try to explain : Consider the following: a[] is a fixed-size array of size N that stores some kind of input variable over time. A new value is supplied every second and the data in the array is shifted by one element, so that a[0] is the most recent value, a[1] is the value of one second ago, and a[t] is the value t seconds ago. To store N seconds of data with a 1-...

Time Conversion
Hi All, Ive justed started using matlab to plot 2D graphs of time series climate data. Ive been using matlab 6.5 to extract columns out of the campbell CR10X data logger .dat files. 2007 91 0300 1543 1322 2007 91 0310 1538 1267 etc 2007 91 2350 1234 1034 2007 92 0000 1223 1003 Where column 1 is date, 2 is julian day, 3 is time, 4 and 5 are carbon dioxide concentration's. To do the time series plots I've writen a script that extracts out day and time and converts it into matlab serial time. This works great as then I can use datetick to relabel the axes on the 2D plot depending on ...

sntp does not set the system time/date
Hi, After building and installing ntp 4.2.6p2 on both SLES 10, and on SLES 11 SP1, it seems that sntp does not ever set the time/date successfully. It doesn't seem to matter if I use -j or -s. Before testing sntp, I set the time to only a couple of minutes "behind". This is the output I get, but it never sets the date: (running as root) # sntp -d -s pool.ntp.org Initializing KOD DB... ...

Maple download times...
Hi Folks, New here and to Maple. I bought the download version of 9.5 this morning, only to find out the file transfer rate is something like molasses in the arctic. I realize this is the first week of college for many students, but at the rate my download is going, it *might* be done by Friday if I am lucky - surely this isn't normal??? (cable modem btw - similar sized downloads from MS and others have taken mere minutes, so it isn't my local line traffic). Thanks, Michael ...

DTAC Thailand Selects Yellowfin for Real-Time Business Intelligence Software
powered by J2EE, Jasper and BIRT Yellowfin International, the leading provider of embeddable Business Intelligence solutions, today announced DTAC, Thailand's leading wireless communications brand with over four million customers, has selected Yellowfin for its general packet radio Service (GPRS) network and roaming management reporting. Yellowfin provides critical business intelligence data and real-time call detail record (CDR) reporting that enables the wireless operator to better understand the performance of its GPRS network in terms of call completions, data transactions...

Ubuntu Nappy victim: "I've installed, wiped and reinstalled so many times I've basically given up."
"Well, at this point I've installed, wiped and reinstalled so many times I've basically given up. So I've switched to trying linux mint 10 for the first time. And I'm pretty happy with it. At least for my laptop anyway. My two desktops I'm still running 10.04 and 10.10. After the experience with my laptop though I doubt I'll be upgrading my dekstop to 11.04 anytime soon." #36 at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1743324&page=4 The problem is you went one step too far and reinstalled. Am Sun, 08 May 2011 00:04:02 -0400 schrieb DFS: >...

<newbie question> ConnectDirect startup and shutdown at Solaris 10 server
Hello, I got a very simple question. What are the commands to properly start up and shut down ConnectDirect version 4.0.0 at the Solaris 10 server ? User : cdunix HOME=/opt/ConnectDirect INIT= $HOME/cdunix/ndm/cfg/node1/initparm.cfg Thanks, Bill ...

Preview Panel opens at startup
I may be missing something very obvious but can someone please tell me how I can stop the preview pane/folders view from popping up at startup? Until I installed the upgrade Pegasus would just start up in the new mail folder. Now it does both. I have looked throught the help file and can see how to activate it (which I haven't done) but not how to stop it happening.. Remove one each of the double letters if replying by email. Harvey <ozharveyy@hottmail.com> wrote in news:82f6jvs54f87ru2f4b2bruq02lru2qlbf6@4ax.com: > I may be missing something very obvious but can...