Submit Your MATLAB Links and Win a MATLAB Jacket

The recently launched Link Exchange on MATLAB Central is a collection
of links to various educational, personal, and commercial MATLAB Web
sites. On the new Link Exchange site, you can:

* Browse MATLAB related websites
* Submit MATLAB related links
* Rate existing links
* Suggest modifications to existing links
* Report broken links

Visit the Link Exchange:
 <http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/link_exchange>

To encourage visitors to submit links to the site, we will be
raffling 5 MATLAB jackets to people who make submissions between July
7 and July 31, 2004. Results of the contest will be announced in
early August. Winners will also be notified by e-mail.

See a picture of the MATLAB jacket:
 <http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/images/jacket.jpg>

Please send questions to files@mathworks.com.
0
mpoh (46)

Many of you who post to this newsgroup are also regular contributors to the MATLAB Central File Exchange. Look for your favorite contributors on our File Exchange Author Profile page. You can read their profiles and see pictures: <http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/reports/fileexchange/allProfiles/> In a random drawing, we recently awarded MATLAB jackets to three File Exchange authors with profile pages: Michele Giugliano, Andrey Egin, and Denis Gilbert. You can win a jacket, too. Just submit a new file to the File Exchange or update your author profile by Decem...

MATLAB talking to MATLAB?
For my project, I need to have a client program (MATLAB executable) talking to a server program (also MATLAB executable) to query data. Is there any easy way to accomplish that? I appreciate any help that I can get on that. Thanks. Cheers, Hoi Oops, I forgot to mention. There are multiple clients querying the server, so I guess serial objects + remote serial port wouldn't work. "Hoi Wong" <wonghoi.ee@gmail.com_> wrote in message news:f3ald6$gg4$1@news.Stanford.EDU... > For my project, I need to have a client program (MATLAB executable) > talking to a ser...

Run Matlab ... from Matlab
Hello, Is there any limitation to run Matlab from Matlab, as a system command, on Linux platforms ? I tried to start Matlab, both using the ! syntax (!matlab&) or the system command (system('matlab&')), the Matlab splash screen appears, but the new Matlab session closes rapidly . When I do the same with a script of mine (system('matlab -r "myscript"&')), my script is being executed, but Matlab finally crashes . If I remove the &, it works well, but the first Matlab session is blocked till I close the second one . I run Matlab on a Linux 64bits pla...

matlab interfaces. link matlab to another program?
Hi i need help please. i have a program in matlab that plots graphs, what id like to do is send those graphs automatically with an email or something. i think i might need to link matlab with another program to do this, could anyone help please? Tina wrote: > > > Hi i need help please. i have a program in matlab that plots > graphs, > what id like to do is send those graphs automatically with an email > or > something. i think i might need to link matlab with another program > to > do this, could anyone help please? > > help sendmail tk ...

from Delphi to matlab and matlab to delphi
How to send vars from Delphi to Matlab ? and viceverse, from matlab to delphi ? thanks, it is dificult, and not found answers in the internet. jairo serrano wrote: > > > How to send vars from Delphi to Matlab ? and viceverse, from matlab > to delphi ? thanks, it is dificult, and not found answers in the > internet. When I want to use Matlab variables in another program, I write them to file. You can use comma separated files (csv). Try: > help csvwrite > help dlmwrite Works fine for me. Hope this helps, Niels jairo serrano wrote: > How to send vars from Delphi to...

Matlab engine with matlab R2010b

parallel matlab
Hi all, I'm going to work on a project involving a parallel version of MATLAB - I'm aware of various efforts like MATLAB-*P and so on Right now I need to read up on some material regarding MATLAB internals eg: How are the ATLAS(or is it BLAS) routines called in MATLAB? How does MATLAB's C code store information in memory, cache'ing etc? How is one to get at those? Do you know of any suitable reference(s)/resource(s)? Thank you very much, Aravind ...

DLL creating by Matlab for Matlab
I would like to know if it is possible to convert several M-files into one DLL with Matlab (by using mcc or mex or other functions) and use this DLL with Matlab. How can I do that? I could create DLL with mcc -l xxx.m but I can't use this DLL with Matlab (error: "??? The function, script or class xxx cannot be indexed using {} or . indexing.") I have a project on Matlab with just M-files and I want to give this project to someone who want to use it on Matlab too, but I don't want to give him the source M algorithms. Moreover, I don't want to have an executable....

Calling Compiled MATLAB from MATLAB
Hello everyone, How do I compile MATLAB M files into a form that can then be called from within the MATLAB interpreter? A roundabout way would seem to be to (somehow) Turn the matlab code into C (I think mcc does this), then compile this C code into MEX format and call that. Is there an easier way? I have the MATLAB compiler, so I just need to know what to do with it to get this to work. Thanks in advance, Sina sina.tootoonian wrote: > > > Hello everyone, > > How do I compile MATLAB M files into a form that can then be called > from within the MATLAB interpreter? A round...

Spawning matlab from within matlab
Hello all, I would like to spawn multiple matlab processes from an '.m' script. Meaning, run an m-file from a 'parent' Matlab that launches, say, 8 more 'children' matlab processes. I'd like to do it in such a way that the same m-file in the 'parent' is able to close down, or kill, all the 'children' processes. Any suggestions? Joe ...

matlab to matlab remote execution
Hi I have two win PCs running matlab 7. One is slow and other is a high spec fast PC. They are connected to LAN. The directory on fast PC where all matlab work takes place has been mounted as a drive on slow PC. Hence this directory on fast PC can be accessed from slow PC's matlab session. I want to let the user on slow PC run some computationally intense M scripts in his matlab session but execute them on fast PC. I tried usual unix like method. First installed telnet server on fast PC. Then used telnet client on slow PC to log on fast PC. If I attempt to start matlab in slow PC telnet ...

Calling Matlab in C in Matlab
Hi everybody! My problem can be described as follows. I have a tool in Matlab that requires calling an optimisation algorithm in C. This algorithm consists of several C-files, one of which contains the function to be minimised (CFUNCTION), and another is the main algorithm file (CMAIN). Now what I want to do is to call Matlab from CFUNCTION or CMAIN and specify my custom function (MFUNCTION) to be minimised. So, I'm calling Matlab from C from Matlab. I'm a newbie in C and MEX files. Should I rewrite CMAIN as a MEX file and include CFUNCTION in this and then use mxCallMATLAB? Or can...

matlab in JAVA or java in MATLAB?
Hi guys I am now experencing a great difficulty in the interation between java and matlab. I have an objective function written in JAVA with has method return an numerical number, i call it 'profit'. The nature of this obtive function (ObjFun.java) is that it takes an parameter input, say C, with different C value, the returned profit value is different. Eventually I want to find the optimized C value which produce the maximun profit (C will be under constrains). Initially I want to use linprog or fminsearch in matlab. So I tried the command in matlab that excutes my ObjFun.ja...

Matlab plots outside Matlab
I'm making an end-user application where I would like to use Matlab functionality both for calculation and plotting. Matlabs GUI builder guide does not satisfy my needs (no support for f.ex. internal frames and other nescessities), so I'm planning to compile my Matlab code and use other API (Java, QT or something) for GUI. My problem is then, that I loose access to the neat plotting commands availible under matlab GUI... Is there a way of integrating Matlabs plot functionality into another GUI system? - has it been done? - I appreciate any response! - P�l Berge ...

Web resources about - Submit Your MATLAB Links and Win a MATLAB Jacket - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Admins can now change their page URL without having to submit a request
Any Facebook page owner can now change a page’s vanity URL once without having to submit a request or work directly with a Facebook representative. ...

Lifesaver Submit on the App Store on iTunes
Get Lifesaver Submit on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

John Piper: Does a women submit to abuse? - YouTube
Now that's one kind of situation. Just a word on the other kind. If it's not requiring her to sin but simply hurting her, then I think she endures ...

Application of the Day: Guy Submits Snapchat Video Resume for Job at Snapchat
Elski Felson wants a job at Snapchat, but instead of submitting a traditional resume, he created one using the app. “Personally, I hate paper ...

Church should submit to more women in ranks
Church should submit to more women in ranks

Canberra academy submits $111 million education precinct plan to ACT Government
A private Canberra academy has submitted a business case and master plan to transform the old Watson high school site into a multi-million dollar ...

Denmark submits gay marriage bill
DENMARK'S centre-left government has presented a bill in parliament that, if passed as expected, will enable gay people to marry in the state ...

Greece submits new debt proposals to Eurozone
Greece has submitted a detailed bailout request in a last-ditch effort to save its collapsing economy.

12,000 complaints: Vodafail submits damning Vodafone report
Vodafone have come under fire with 12,000 complaints being put into a damning report.

Pistorius prosecutor submits summary
Prosecutors in Oscar Pistorius's murder trial have handed a summary of their arguments to the judge as it moves into its final stages.