TeX-Interpreter for static text(GUI)!

Hello everybody!

I've got the problem that when I type LaTeX-orders like V_{DS} or
$V_{DS} $ a.s.o. as strings in static text, this orders are not
converted. How can I manage, that my LaTeX-orders are interpreted!

Thank you very much!

Thomas
0
cheetha (16)

Matlab GUI static text
Hello, I have a question related to GUI development. I would like to have a text in the GUI that is selectable but cannot be changed. If I use 'text', then the string is not selectable by mouse. If I use 'edit' then the text is selectable but can also be changed. Is there any property I can set to make the text selectable but not changeable (in 'text' or 'edit' styles)? Thank you! I am curious, why do you need selectable text that is not editable? Do you mean you want to be able to copy and paste the text? [_qU`^S[UTxaq]7 2faWSa,g^qaWWqfhTbqkxWZqZYa?S...

LaTex in static text field of a GUI using Matlab GUIDE
Hi all, I am trying to insert a LaTeX symbol in a label in a GUI. I have created the GUI in GUIDE, but cannot seem to get symbols like alpha, phi etc in a static text field. Should this be done in the property inspector or in the .m file? I have tried a solution as: http://www.mathworks.co.uk/support/solutions/en/data/1-1VE03X/index.html?product=ML&solution=1-1VE03X But it just gives a mess of everything in the GUI. Any ideas? Thank you and best regards, Aaronne. "Aaronne" wrote in message <js9i5r$gq4$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > Hi all, > > I am trying to insert a LaTeX symbol in a label in a GUI. > I have created the GUI in GUIDE, but cannot seem to get symbols like alpha, phi etc in a static text field. Should this be done in the property inspector or in the .m file? > > I have tried a solution as: > http://www.mathworks.co.uk/support/solutions/en/data/1-1VE03X/index.html?product=ML&solution=1-1VE03X > > But it just gives a mess of everything in the GUI. Any ideas? > > Thank you and best regards, > Aaronne. As the solution link is trying to suggest, you can't display latex on a uicontrol. Instead you need to make an invisible axes and put a text object in the axes. (make the axes in GUIDE and the text object in the m file) Hi Matt, Thanks for your reply, but I still not get it. I have put the codes in right place of my GUI_figure.m file. Then I also create a...

Matlab GUI: displaying a Transfer Function in a static text box
I want to display a tranfer function in a static text box. In my first attempt I coded everything and that worked fine but is sometimes difficult to read because everything is displayed, even the values that are zero. I now would like to use the tf-command. I wrote something like this to test: text=tf([1 1 1 1 1],[2 2 2 2 2 2 2]); set(handles.text1,'Value',text); but that doesn't work. I changed 'Value' to 'string' but that also doesn't work. anyone has any ideas? thanks in Advance "RobuLAB " <amaury.ampe@etu.u-bordeaux1.fr> wro...

Vertical alinement of text in a GUI 'static text' object
Hi to all, I have problems to verticaly aline text in GUI's 'static text' objects. For example, if the height of the 'static text' is set to 25 pixels and the font size to 12 the text is not verticaly centerd. While there is a property for horizontal alinement, I found no such property for vertical one. Can someone help? Thanks, Utzli ...

how to show Latex text string on "static text" field in GUI?
hi folks, how to show Latex text such as "\sigma" symbol on the "static text" field in my GUI? thanks a lot, -Gino gino wrote: <Summary: He wants to display a sigma character in a static text box> I'm not sure you can, at least in R13. (R14 might be different.) Uicontrols such as static text boxes don't seem to support the Interpreter command to allow you specify whether whether characters are interpreted as Tex instructions or literally. In R13, uicontrols seem to interpret all characters literally. Bob Pownall gino wrote on 22 Jul 2004 03:15:06 MET: > how to show Latex text such as "\sigma" symbol on the "static > text" field in my GUI? If your text is static you could convert LaTeX output to an image (GIF or PNG) and include that instead of your text: <URL:http://www.fourmilab.ch/webtools/textogif/textogif.html> HTH Patrick -- MATLAB support: http://www.mathworks.com/support/ MATLAB file exchange: http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange MATLAB FAQ: http://www.mit.edu/~pwb/cssm/ gino wrote: > > > hi folks, > > how to show Latex text such as "\sigma" symbol on the "static text" > field in > my GUI? > > thanks a lot, > > -Gino > > Well, you could also cheat. Don't use a static text field, but directly the 'text' command... you just have to determine the (x, y) position of the text. Since 'text' pla...

Copy text from edit text box on MATLAB GUI to specific cell on an excel file
Good day! I would like to copy or transfer the text from an edit box on MATLAB GUI (via push button) to a specific cell on an excel file. Can you suggest on how to accomplish this one or even cite sample codes? If this is not possible, can you suggest anything on how to allow the user to input texts using the MATLAB GUI (via push button) and automatically transfer the texts to a specific cell on excel? It is preferable to have the texts copied/stored to the excel file without opening the actual excel file. Thank you so much. "Mary Requilman" <maryrose.requilman@gmail....

GUI
Hallo, i have a Problem with a very simple Gui. It just has 1 Button (Analyze_button) and 1 Static Text-Field (textStatus). function Analyze_button_Callback(hObject, eventdata, handles, varargin) set(handles.textStatus, 'String', 'busy') inv(rand(2000)) // just a dummy-function to wait some time set(handles.textStatus, 'String', 'done') The Output should be "busy" and after a short time "done". But it isn't. It's blank and after computing the inverse its "done", the "busy" is ignored. Funny thing, when use pause-command instead of the inv, it works. function Analyze_button_Callback(hObject, eventdata, handles, varargin) set(handles.textStatus, 'String', 'busy') pause set(handles.textStatus, 'String', 'done') First the output is "busy", after pressing any button the output is "done". Thats wrong here? Thx Michi. On 29/09/10 12:28 AM, martin M=C3=BCllinger wrote: > i have a Problem with a very simple Gui. > It just has 1 Button (Analyze_button) and 1 Static Text-Field (textStat= us). > > function Analyze_button_Callback(hObject, eventdata, handles, varargin)= > set(handles.textStatus, 'String', 'busy') > inv(rand(2000)) // just a dummy-function to wait some time > set(handles.textStatus, 'String', 'done') > > The Output ...

transparency ... static text file ... GUI
Dear Matlab'er I'm making a GUI where a random letter should appear on the top of an image. I want to make the letter background transparent "Im using static text to present the letter"... is it possible thanx in advance Sermeds "Sermed " <sermadrid@hotmail.com> wrote in message <hfr8h5$1e2$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Dear Matlab'er > > I'm making a GUI where a random letter should appear on the top of an image. > > I want to make the letter background transparent "Im using static text to present the l...

Matlab in Text Mode with the help in GUI
Folks, I want to run matlab in text mode only ( no desktop). This is easily done by running matlab as "matlab -nojvm". However I find reading the documentation so much easier in the matlab GUI help viewer (rather than netscape). So my question is can I invoke the help viewer when the matlab itself is running in the text mode. Regards, Vikas ...

How to set a image on static text on gui
I know how to set image on pushbutton but i am unable to set image on static text. ...

Reading text file in a gui in matlab
Hi friends, i need a help.i need to read an assembly program wriiten in a text file(notepad) into matlab as a whole.i tried fgets n fgetl.but only 1 line is shown in static or edit text at a time.how can i display the whole text at a time? also can i show line by line by incorporatinf looping function?means can i know the sequencing of instructions even if there is a loop function? plz reply soon.thanks in advance. On 3/10/2013 12:36 AM, Harith M wrote: > Hi friends, > i need a help.i need to read an assembly program wriiten in a text > file(notepad) into matlab as a whole.i tried fgets n fgetl.but only 1 > line is shown in static or edit text at a time.how can i display the > whole text at a time? > > also can i show line by line by incorporatinf looping function?means can > i know the sequencing of instructions even if there is a loop function? You'll have to first be sure the file is saved as plain text w/o any markup from Notepad...assuming to be true fid=fopen('yourfile.txt','rt'); while ~feof(fid) l=fgetl(fid) disp(l) end fid=fclose(fid); will echo the file to the screen--salt to suit your purposes. I've not used any of the Matlab gui components but undoubtedly there's a multi-line textbox of some sort available. -- ...

Set the value in static text in GUI
hi, I am trying to put a value in the call back function of static text tagged as hr, but there's a error keep coming... function hr_CreateFcn(hObject, eventdata, handles) % hObject handle to hr (see GCBO) % eventdata reserved - to be defined in a future version of MATLAB % handles empty - handles not created until after all CreateFcns called hr = evalin('base','heartr'); ff=num2str(hr); set(handles.hr,'string',ff) and error is... ??? Attempt to reference field of non-structure array. Error in ==> ECG1>hr_CreateFcn at 192 set(handle...

setting static text in a panel for GUI
I am making a GUI to control some electronic equipment. I'd like to create a panel that displays a few readings from my instrument. I created a panel tagged "FOM_panel". I have a static text box tagged "jsc_staticText", which resides in the "FOM_panel". In my GUI, I read data from my equipment and want to change the text in jsc_staticText to something else. When the static text box isn't in the panel, I can use set(handles.jsc_staticText,'String',jsc); where jsc represent the text that I want displayed. But, when the static text...

Matlab 7 static text with sprintf
Hi, in Matlab 6 it was possible to use sprintf('text \t text') to set a tab within a static text of a GUI. But in Matlab 7 nothing happens... Is it possible/impossible to use a tab in static text since Matlab 7 ??? Thanks!! Stefan Hi, it is possible to use \n for line break, but also \f and \b have no effect... Thanks... >> sprintf('text \t text') ans = text text >> sprintf('text \n text') ans = text text Works for me (ML 7.2.0) "Stefan" <stefan75_forum@gmx.de> wrote in message news:ef3ffc6.-1@webcrossing.raydaftYaTP... > H...

edit text in matlab GUI 7
i'm working on a GUI which can calculate Ohm's Law by inputing any 2 figures of the 3 data in the formula, V=IR. however i was stucked at the m-file editor.. how can i write the command so that any 2 values (for example, current and voltage) inputed in the edit text.. will produce the result (for example, resistance) in the third edit text box after pressing a particular button? i have read through a lot of documents... still have no idea how to start.. thanks in advance.. In article <fciknq$ic$1@fred.mathworks.com>, c ws <theorekz@gmail.com> wrote: >i'm working on a GUI which can calculate Ohm's Law by >inputing any 2 figures of the 3 data in the formula, V=IR. >however i was stucked at the m-file editor.. how can i write >the command so that any 2 values (for example, current and >voltage) inputed in the edit text.. will produce the result >(for example, resistance) in the third edit text box after >pressing a particular button? Vh = uicontrol('Style', 'edit'); Ih = uicontrol('Style', 'edit'); Rh = uicontrol('Style', 'edit'); calcVh = uicontrol('Style', 'pushbutton', 'String', 'Calculate V', ... 'Callback', ... @(src,evt) set(Vh, 'String', num2str( str2num(get(Ih,'String')) .* ... str2num(get(Rh,'String')) ) ) ) etc.. -- Programming is what happens while you'r...

? how to intialize static text in GUI from Guide
I've used Guide to make an interactive gui. I'm interogating a spline structure given user input values. All works fine once an input is entered. But, I'd like to show the file name of the surface before the user input is obtained. I've loaded the filename into the data structure (also the surface name), but can't seem to click on the technique to pass the filename string to the create function. A simple example & suggestion would be appreciated. (g l o b a l ) can be used but the general advice from this forum is not to use this method. Thank you. Bill_Cobb wrote: > > > I've used Guide to make an interactive gui. I'm interogating a > spline > structure given user input values. > All works fine once an input is entered. But, I'd like to show the > file name of the surface before the user input is obtained. I've > loaded the filename into the data structure (also the surface > name), > but can't seem to click on the technique to pass the filename > string > to the create function. A simple example & suggestion would be > appreciated. (g l o b a l ) can be used but the general advice > from > this forum is not to use this method. > Thank you. make an edit box or a text box in which you want to display the name...tag it say..."path"..fnameid contains the name to be displayed set(handles.path,'string',fnameid); ...

scrolling in GUI static text boxes?
Is it possible to allow scrollbars in static text boxes or are scrollbars only for editable text? I have not found a way to enable this for static text. I would like multiple lines of text with a scrollbar that are not selectable or editable. Thanks. In article <ef57c47.-1@webcrossing.raydaftYaTP>, alayi <alayi_126@[NOSPAM]yahoo.com> wrote: >Is it possible to allow scrollbars in static text boxes or are >scrollbars only for editable text? I have not found a way to enable >this for static text. No way is provided, unless it is one of the hidden java methods. >I would like multiple lines of text with a scrollbar that are not >selectable or editable. This happens to be -exactly- what I'm coding right now. I suspect someone has already done the work and put it up on the File Exchange (FEX). (I didn't look there myself for copyright reasons.) -- If you lie to the compiler, it will get its revenge. -- Henry Spencer Your best bet is to use an edit box with its 'Enable' property set to inactive. It will behave similar to a static text box. For example: s = num2str((1:1000)'); h = figure; uicontrol('Parent',h,... 'Units','normalized',... 'Position',[0.1,0.1,0.8,0.8],... 'Style','edit',... 'Max',100,... 'Enable','inactive',... 'String',s) alayi wrote: > > > Is it possible to all...

using TeX characters in a GUI text box
I am trying to use a TeX character such as the Greek letter mu in a GUI textbox, but I cannot get this to work. If I try to set the 'string' property for the GUI object using '\mu' this just displays '\mu'. Is there a way I can use the 'text' command as you would for a figure to put Greek letters into GUI objects? "Sean Larkin" <slarkin71278@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message <gk37he$t7$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Is there a way I can put Greek letters into GUI objects? I don't know for sure, but you might be able to do this using ...

Special characters in GUI static text boxes
Hello, I would like to have some special characters (alpha, gamma, etc.) in the static text boxes of the graphical user interface (GUI). However, unlike in the axes, that does not work (not Tex supported I guess) in the text boxes. Can you help me with this? Thank you in advance. Bj�rn Hi, Bj�rn <bjoern_77REMOVE@hotmail.com> writes: > I would like to have some special characters (alpha, gamma, etc.) in > the static text boxes of the graphical user interface (GUI). However, > unlike in the axes, that does not work (not Tex supported I guess) in > the text boxes. Yep, uico...

Embedded HTML Links in GUI Static Text?
Can you embed HTML links in GUI static text string fields with GUIDE, or do I have to simply create a button or some other object that calls web()? ...

Matlab gui as application gui
Hi , Is it possible, to use (or to develop) an application gui that is just like the Matlab gui ? I would like to have several workspaces with different ways to show data. Many IDE (e.g Eclipse, Visual Stusio etc) have a common type of IDE. I would like to have such a structure for my app. Any advise how to do this ? Thanks Arthur ...

Getting output from MATLAB GUI (edit text)
Hello guys, I've been trying to figure out what's wrong with the GUI (presented below) when I try to get the text inserted in 5 different edit textboxes. When I run the command: [a,b,c,d,e] = GUI_input_parameter I get the following error: Attempt to reference field of non-structure array. Error in GUI_input_parameter>GUI_input_parameter_OutputFcn (line 74) varargout{1} = handles.data1; Error in gui_mainfcn (line 263) [varargout{1:nargout}] = feval(gui_State.gui_OutputFcn, gui_hFigure, [], gui_Handles); Error in GUI_input_parameter (line 40) [vararg...

How to set background image for static text in GUI?
Hi folks, I can set the image on the pushbutton by setting the CData variable in the Property Inspector in the GUIDE design tool; but I tried to load the same image data to CData for the Static Text in hoping that I can set the background image in the same way, it did not work. Anybody know why? Thank you very much -Mizhae. "walala" <mizhael@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:6f348bd1.0406221706.7a310d5a@posting.google.com... > Hi folks, > > I can set the image on the pushbutton by setting the CData variable in > the Property Inspector in the GUIDE design tool; bu...

GUI:How can I display greek symbols in a static text?
Hello, I am making some GUIs but I am not experienced in it. I need a static text that displays greek symbols. I have tried the property string with latex interpreter but interpreter is not a valid uicontrol property. Please, how can I do that? Thank you, Thaimar. > I am making some GUIs but I am not experienced in it. > > I need a static text that displays greek symbols. I have tried the > property string with latex interpreter but interpreter is not a > valid > uicontrol property. > > Please, how can I do that? Look for the "Stylized Text Toolbox" Hi, here another solution using text : axes('position',[0.1 0.1 0.1 0.1],'visible','off'); text(0,0,'\alpha') J�r�me Here you have a complete reference: <http://www.utexas.edu/math/Matlab/Manual/faq.html#2.2.1.3>. 2.2.1.3. How do I get Greek letters in my text objects? hope this helps! Carles. Thaimar Ramirez wrote: > > > Hello, > > I am making some GUIs but I am not experienced in it. > > I need a static text that displays greek symbols. I have tried the > property string with latex interpreter but interpreter is not a > valid > uicontrol property. > > Please, how can I do that? > > Thank you, > > Thaimar. Michael Robbins wrote: > > >> I am making some GUIs but I am not experienced in it. >> >> I need a static text that displays greek symbols. I have tried > the >&...

Web resources about - TeX-Interpreter for static text(GUI)! - comp.soft-sys.matlab