Text font size

Hi all,

I've got a piece of code that I would like to be able to run on both
Windows and Linux (FC2). It basically all seems compatible, except for
some major differences in font sizes. Initially I wrote the code in
Windows with R13 and got it all looking good. Now I'm trying to run it
in R14 on Linux, but the font sizes are all wrong.

Here's a snippet of the code;

figure('Position',[50 50 300 150]);
axis([0 250 0 100]);
set(gca,'Position',[0 0 1 1]);
text(0,50,'Test','FontSize',60);

On Windows, the text almost filled the figure window. On Linux the text
is much smaller. I tried increasing the font size in Linux from 60 to
120, but this made absolutely no difference. If I increase it further to
200 then I get an error saying that the requested font size is too
large.  I also tried to change the FontUnits, but this made no difference.

At this stage I don't really care if it's consistent between OS's, but
any ideas on how to increase the size of text in Linux?

Ta,
Steve
0
steve.irwin (125)

Matlab-graph text font size and enlarging window size automatically
Hi, I'm plotting three subplots on one figure and the labels (x and y and title) are all intefering with each other. How can I enlarge the window that appears (without manually using the maximize button) or reduce the text size or make sure the text doesnt overlap? Also on a seperate note if I want to make an if statement that makes sure a value is an integer how can I do that?? i.e if num isnt integer num = 1 end Thanks in advance Dan Hi, in edit, file object properties you can change the size and the font of every label and title. For the other question, I don't know John Daniel Jones wrote: > > > Hi, > > I'm plotting three subplots on one figure and the labels (x and y > and > title) are all intefering with each other. How can I enlarge the > window that appears (without manually using the maximize button) or > reduce the text size or make sure the text doesnt overlap? > > Also on a seperate note if I want to make an if statement that > makes > sure a value is an integer how can I do that?? > > i.e > > if num isnt integer > num = 1 > end > > Thanks in advance > > Dan Thanks John, That works for the current figure but I want the same font size to be used everytime the script file produces the plots. When a new figure is created the font sizes etc all change back. Any ideas? Cheers Dan John wrote: > > > Hi, > > in edit, file object properties you can change the s...

change matlab workspace font size and editor font size
dear all I wish to change the workspace font size and the editor font size. How do I do it? Thanks in advance, Thanks I have the suggestion in another question posted earlier. "langtran" <lang.tran@iom-world.org> wrote in message news:7795881.1207239680638.JavaMail.jakarta@nitrogen.mathforum.org... > dear all > I wish to change the workspace font size and the editor font size. How do > I do it? > Thanks in advance, Open the Preference window using the Preferences menu item on the File menu. There is a Fonts item in the Preferences that will let ...

How to make sure that font style/size in graphics matches with text font/size?
Hi, I'm writing my phd thesis with pdfLaTeX (KOMA script package with "standard" serif fonts, 11 pt) and now have to create technical drawings, schemes and diagrams. (My thesis is about engineering, so there will have to be some technical drawings and sketches, flow charts and schemes, fotos and many many graphs... I'm writing on a PowerBook with OS X, but am also working on a PC with Windows XP.) I'm not sure what software to use to create (vector) graphics and how to ensure that font size and style look good with the text of the document... Should the text in the grap...

Font size in text Field and text Area
I am using swing. I want to reduce the size of the font in text areas and text fields to fit more in. Is there an easy to do this?? Mark On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 23:42:15 GMT, "Mark and Ingrid Nugent" <nugget@in.com.au> wrote or quoted : >I am using swing. I want to reduce the size of the font in text areas and >text fields to fit more in. Is there an easy to do this?? see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/font.html You can setFont individually, or change the LAF. -- Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green. Coaching, problem solving, economical contract programming. See http://m...

How to setup the font type/font size for a text in Version 8.xx ???
In Version 7.xx there was an option to setup the font type (e.g. Times New Roman, Helvetia,...) and the size of a text I want to write into a graphic. But where do I specify these attributes in Version 8.xx ? Regards Paul Shadowfax wrote: > paulbabb@gmx.ch (Paul Babb) wrote in > news:bg8k62$d34$06$1@news.t-online.com: > > >>In Version 7.xx there was an option to setup the font type (e.g. >>Times New Roman, Helvetia,...) and the size of a text I want to >>write into a graphic. >> >>But where do I specify these attributes in Version 8.xx ? > > > > They are on the Tool Options Palette. This should be the long ribbon Tie a yellow ribbon 'round the new PSP, it's been three long months, but nobody still wants me... I'd forget about trust, place the blame on Z', I think I'll go tie a gold ribbon about the new Adobe :-) Uni ...

How to setup the font type/font size for a text in Version 8.xx ???
In Version 7.xx there was an option to setup the font type (e.g. Times New Roman, Helvetia,...) and the size of a text I want to write into a graphic. But where do I specify these attributes in Version 8.xx ? Regards Paul Shadowfax wrote: > paulbabb@gmx.ch (Paul Babb) wrote in > news:bg8k62$d34$06$1@news.t-online.com: > > >>In Version 7.xx there was an option to setup the font type (e.g. >>Times New Roman, Helvetia,...) and the size of a text I want to >>write into a graphic. >> >>But where do I specify these attributes in Version 8.xx ? > ...

Front end text formatting
Hi, I'm totally new to formatting in Mathematica. Please could someone help me make it so my default.nb does fractions that don't shrink in font size? Also, my table font is set to courier and the equations don't do italics as usual. How do I solve this? Many thanks well look hard for options - there are many that may help. here's a clue if you can't find any... on my box Mathematica doubles the Box height when I enter a faction and the fraction is the same size. try changing style sheets? Mine does that for Style Input but not Style Text. For style...

Adjusting font-size for system font-size
In Windows XP, there's an accessability wizard that allows the user to change the font size for readability. There's probably something similar in other operating systems. I think it would be a nice thing to do for any users with large system font sizes to detect that and offer up an alternative stylesheet. I don't know how to approach this, though, and I'm sure it involves more than CSS. Is it possible to detect this setting? Ian -- http://www.bookstacks.org/ On Sun, 08 Aug 2004 22:53:45 GMT, Ian <blank@blank.com> wrote: >I think it would be a nice th...

size font on a text box
How can i change the size of font on a text box acording the number of character (>25 characters the font size 12 ) Something like this... Use the textbox's Exit event. Private Sub txtBox_Exit(Cancel As Integer) If Len(Me!txtBox) > 25 Then Me!txtBox.FontSize = 12 Else Me!txtBox.FontSize = 10 ' your default here End If End Sub "Themis Parintas ste kardias" <steka2@otenet.gr> wrote in message news:cilpru$k2v$1@usenet.otenet.gr... > How can i change the size of font on a text box acording the number of > character (>25 characters the font size 12 ) > > ...

Huge font size for text
I have an issue with printing notebooks; the input cells print in a small font and the text cells in a huge font. There is much less difference between sizes in the on-screen view. I am using the default style and have set all options to their defaults (at least, I believe so). I'm preparing a notebook for a job application that is important to me and I want to print my output properly. Any suggestions as to what has happened (if anything) and how to fix it? thanks for any help, Matthew. ...

Font and size in controls and text
Is there anywhere where I can see a general rule for what fonts and sizes I should use for buttons, areas of text and so on in my app so that it fits in my other system applications? Apologies for all of the school boy style questions this afternoon, thanks for your help! Graeme In article <BE4E381B.2160%graeme@memoblock.fsnet.co.uk>, Graeme Warren <graeme@memoblock.fsnet.co.uk> wrote: > Is there anywhere where I can see a general rule for what fonts and sizes I > should use for buttons, areas of text and so on in my app so that it fits in > my other syste...

Font, size and colors of text...
I am wondering if I can change font, size and colors of text, with awk? Tks Steph --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.522 / Virus Database: 320 - Release Date: 29/09/2003 Hello, On Sun, 5 Oct 2003 09:09:02 +0200, Stephane Collas wrote: > I am wondering if I can change font, size and colors of text, with awk? unfortunately, such a question cannot be answered. Sorry, Stepan Kasal In article <blog21$la4$1@news-reader4.wanadoo.fr>, Stephane Collas <stephane.collas@wanadoo.fr> wrote: % I am won...

Changing font size of text
Hi, I'm working with a rather large Simulink model and most of the blocks are put into subsystems. For a good overview I use masks to give each subsystem a name (I prefer this over the name under the block). If I use "fit the system to view" the text on the blocks becomes very small. Is there a way to change the font size of text with the drawing commands? ...

Figures captions font size bigger than font size used in document
Hi, I would kindly appreciate some help if someobody could show me (if it is possible - ???) how to give a figure a caption text of the same size that is used on the text of the hole document currently set to footnotesize. While placing caption to figures the caption text is of the size "normalsize" and it is desired to have a caption with font size "footnotesize" Many work arounds were tried with the following commands, \floatingfigure \includegraphics \epsfig \minipage the web was searched and some books consulted with out success Best Regards On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 05:30:49 +0100, Lathe_Biosas <lathe_biosas@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I would kindly appreciate some help if someobody could show me (if it > is possible - ???) > how to give a figure a caption text of the same size that is used on > the text of the hole document currently set to footnotesize. > > While placing caption to figures the caption text is of the size > "normalsize" and it is desired to have a caption with font size > "footnotesize" > > Many work arounds were tried with the following commands, > \floatingfigure > \includegraphics > \epsfig > \minipage > > the web was searched and some books consulted with out success I think you will find the caption package a great relief then. Be sure to grab the latest version from CTAN, see <http://www.ctan.org/info?id=caption>. -- Morten Perfe...

font size relative to "top level" font size

Font size of text when printing images
Hello i have the problem that when printing images from 2 different series out of one study to a paperprinter, the demographic datas do not have the same size for the images of the different studies. Question: Where in the dicomheader are these values to find (size and fonts of the demograhhics). Any other ideas of that behavior Thanks in advance for your help Martin Hi Moser, How did you print the demographic details? Where did you say that you want demographic details printed? moser martin wrote: > Hello > i have the problem that when printing images from 2 different series out of > one study to a paperprinter, the demographic datas do not have the same size > for the images of the different studies. > > Question: > Where in the dicomheader are these values to find (size and fonts of the > demograhhics). > > Any other ideas of that behavior > > Thanks in advance for your help > > Martin Hi Ramesh i did send the studies from a pacs displaystation to a printserver (hipax) where a paperprinter is connected to. There is no option to enable/disable demographic layouts for printing, it is just a dicom-print from a pacs displaystation. ramesh.s.raghavan@gmail.com schrieb: > Hi Moser, > > How did you print the demographic details? Where did you say that you > want demographic details printed? > > moser martin wrote: > > Hello > > i hav...

Minimum font size in styled text
Eudora 4.3. I have a nice sharp monitor, set to 1200x1600 resolution. When receiving messages with styled text, often the font size is "tiny" (I expect that it would be OK if I used a lower resolution, but I'd rather not do that). Is there a Eudora setting that forces a minimum size without otherwise altering the font? I went through the list from TidBITS, but nothing looked applicable. thanks, Isaac Isaac Wingfield <isw@witzend.com> wrote: > Is there a Eudora setting that forces a minimum size without otherwise > altering the font? I went throu...

Tk::Pod::Text font sizes
Hi, I figured I'd document my project in POD, and let the users view it via Tk::Pod::Text. It seems to work, but I've got complaints that the font for the normal text is too small, and I think I agree with that assessment. Looking at Text.pm, it looks like a couple calls to the zoom_in method might do the trick, but they don't seem to work properly, at least in my test code. Zoom out goes out so far that nothing is legible, zoom in doesn't seem to do much, and zoom_normal doesn't seem to do anything, even after major zoom-outs. Any clues as to get control...

Font Size on Generic Text Only Driver
A generic text only printer is connected to an EPSON TM-U230 Receipt printer. The default font size is too small for cooks that have a bad eye sight. Is there a way to increase the font size either in the font selection panel or sending some kind of escape command in the printer commands panel? The application does not use the EPSON printer driver and we would rather have the generic device driver set the default font size. Your help would be appreciated in this matter. Andre ...

Matlab 7: Font size problem
Dear readers, In Matlab 7 can't I figure out how to change the font size for the help text, that is in the right plane to the "help navigator". Changing the font size for "help navigator" is no problem. Can anyone help me? Hugs, Louise If you want to change the font for all "non-code" areas in the desktop including the Help navigator and the Help display pane, go to the File menu -> Preferences. Click on "Fonts" in the tree. Change the font in the area labled "Desktop Text Font". If you want to change just the Help display pa...

Matlab Tick Label Font Size
Hi There, I'm using MATLAB 2014a on Ubuntu and I have not been able to change the size of the text for axis tick marks. I have tried the following command and verified that it works on matlab 2013a on Windows: set(gca,'fontsize',14) Is this a problem with my OS or something to do with this version of MATLAB? Thanks in advance for your help! I've looked at a number of threads and have yet to find a solution that works. ...

Setting font sizes in Matlab plots
I am trying to fix the font size in the figures of our paper size 9. Currently, I am using: set(0,'DefaultAxesFontName', 'Times New Roman') set(0,'DefaultAxesFontSize', 9) set(0,'DefaultAxesLineWidth',1) set(0,'DefaultLineLineWidth',1) set(0,'DefaultTextFontname', 'Times New Roman') set(0,'DefaultTextFontSize', 9) at the beginning of the code. However, when the image at the end is saved as a .tif using: print -dtiff -r650 Filename the final image produces font sizes smaller than that specified in the code above. D...

Changing text size in Matlab GUI
I need the code to change the text font size in GUI. Not that kind where u can just change by clicking on the property inspector for eg, of a button or pop up menu. Thnks! Angel, My suggestion as follow - set(handles.listbox_FileList,'FontSize',20); NOte: listbox_FileList is the Tag of my list box. And 20 is the font size number. regards, elaine Angel wrote: > > > I need the code to change the text font size in GUI. Not that kind > where u can just change by clicking on the property inspector for > eg, > of a button or pop up menu. > Thnks! ...

how to force a font size on a paragraph of text?
Dear all, I am using the "algorithm2e" environment to write my algorithm. It is quite nice looking. However I try to make the font of my algorihtm text one point smaller than normal text. I write the following: {\small \restylealgo{algoruled} \begin{algorithm} ... blah blah blah ... \caption{... ...} \end{algorithm}} It seems the "\small" command does not reduce the size and has no effect at all. I guess the algorithm environment fixed its size... can anybody help me? Thanks, -Jeonyim ...

Web resources about - Text font size - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Text - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Shaun Kenny-Dowall: Jessica Peris sent Roosters star explicit text messages during relationship - DailyTelegraph ...
THE alleged victim of seven domestic assaults by NRL star Shaun Kenny-Dowall was ­offered a $20,000 car from a “third party” before she made ...

Gmail for Android gets rich text formatting & one-tap RSVPs for calendar invites
Google is announcing two notable new features for Gmail for Android today, including support for rich text formatting and a new “Instant RSVPs” ...

Henry Gray, author of famous anatomy text, may have been big fat cheat
The history of Gray's famous text may reveal the anatomy of a jerk. (credit: Public Domain ) Gray’s Anatomy is easily recognized worldwide as ...

Productivity at your fingertips with rich text formatting and instant RSVPs
... is more important than ever. That’s why today, we’re introducing two new Android features to help you manage your inbox on the go: rich text ...

Eva Amurri fired a nanny for sending a sexy text to her husband, Kyle Martino
... being “untruthful … in a major way,” she found herself betrayed by another woman in whose care she’d placed her daughter. The reason: a text ...

This crazy tip will change the way you highlight text on your Mac forever
What sorcery is this? It’s just a smarter, more accurate way to select text on your Mac, is all. highlighting You probably know how to select ...

Gmail on Android Gets Rich Text Formatting, Instant RSVP to Calendar Invites
... week that introduces two new features that after using, will probably make you wish were around years ago. Those new features are rich text ...

Google Docs now lets you edit and format text with your voice
Back in September, Google rolled out voice typing in Docs, letting you compose text without needing to touch the keyboard. Whether or not talking ...

Blake Shelton, Gwen Stefani Split Over Miranda Lambert Texts? - Gossip Cop
Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani have not "split," despite yet another inaccurate tabloid cover story. Gossip Cop can exclusively correct this ...