Text size and bar chart plot size

The default text size for plots and bar graphs is too small relative
to the size of the plot, so we can increase the font size. However,
if you increase it too much, the text will collide. I have a bar
chart with a text label under each bar along the x axis in 18 pt
font, but at this size the text labels collide. I can't reduce the
fontsize because it needs to be legible. I would like to space the
bars farther apart so the text labels don't overlap. I have tried
everything (even changing the bar width, the plot and data aspect
ratios; the tick intervals etc), and yes, I know all the properties
one can change. But I can't find a way to simply plot the values
farther apart in the x direction. Why does MATLAB think it knows
best how to space the bars (though it often does), and is there a way
to override it?
0
wfc (1)

Matlab-graph text font size and enlarging window size automatically
Hi, I'm plotting three subplots on one figure and the labels (x and y and title) are all intefering with each other. How can I enlarge the window that appears (without manually using the maximize button) or reduce the text size or make sure the text doesnt overlap? Also on a seperate note if I want to make an if statement that makes sure a value is an integer how can I do that?? i.e if num isnt integer num = 1 end Thanks in advance Dan Hi, in edit, file object properties you can change the size and the font of every label and title. For the other question, I don't know John Daniel Jones wrote: > > > Hi, > > I'm plotting three subplots on one figure and the labels (x and y > and > title) are all intefering with each other. How can I enlarge the > window that appears (without manually using the maximize button) or > reduce the text size or make sure the text doesnt overlap? > > Also on a seperate note if I want to make an if statement that > makes > sure a value is an integer how can I do that?? > > i.e > > if num isnt integer > num = 1 > end > > Thanks in advance > > Dan Thanks John, That works for the current figure but I want the same font size to be used everytime the script file produces the plots. When a new figure is created the font sizes etc all change back. Any ideas? Cheers Dan John wrote: > > > Hi, > > in edit, file object properties you can change the s...

Font size and plot size.
Using version 7.1, I have a plot that I make and it looks fine. I put a title on the plot it looks fine. The boss wants the font of the title and x and y labels bigger, so I set(0,'DefaultTextFontSize',24); set(0,'DefaultAxisFontSize',24); as the first 2 lines of my m file. Now the plot looks like hell because the title is clipped. Why isn't matlab 'smart enough' to figure out that it needs to make the plot smaller? What do I need to do to not have the title clipped? (new boss and/or smaller font size are not viable options :-) Bruce -- +-------------...

Preferred Size, Minimum Size, Size
I'm a little confused when I should use the various JComponent methods: setPreferredSize, setMinimumSize and setSize. From what I can tell: setPreferredSize(Dimension) - This is (obviously) the preferred size of the component. As far as I can tell, this is used to determine what size the component should be when pack() is used. setMinimumSize - The component cannot be any smaller than this. setSize - Set the current size (hard value). What I'm confused about is... 1. When I should use each method. 2. Currently, when I resize a frame, the JTextBoxes will resize for part of the ti...

make size of plot equal to size of image
Hi all I am trying to implement the code of Integral projections(Horizontal and Vertical Integral Projection). Vertical Integral projection sums up the intensities of all the pixels in one column and Horizontal Integral projections sums up the sum of intensities of all pixels in a row. I am plot the results using area but the size of plot is not equal to size of image. Please help ...

change matlab workspace font size and editor font size
dear all I wish to change the workspace font size and the editor font size. How do I do it? Thanks in advance, Thanks I have the suggestion in another question posted earlier. "langtran" <lang.tran@iom-world.org> wrote in message news:7795881.1207239680638.JavaMail.jakarta@nitrogen.mathforum.org... > dear all > I wish to change the workspace font size and the editor font size. How do > I do it? > Thanks in advance, Open the Preference window using the Preferences menu item on the File menu. There is a Fonts item in the Preferences that will let ...

set size ratio -1 and positioning/size of resulting plot
OK, set size ratio -1 does just what I want it to, and just what it is supposed to do. e.g. for map data, where you want equal x and y axis lengths, or plots over the same x/y range that you don't want stretched. However, the way gnuplot does it, is to maximize the size of the plot within the window. The result is a plot limited by the y height *and* occupying only the left hand region of the window. The problem this causes in LaTeX is in the positioning: LaTeX centers the bounding box, which has the plot in its left hand part and empty space in its right hand side. I have been able to fudge this by specifying lmargin and rmargin. I've found that setting both equal to 21 center the plot in the gnuplot window. The doc mentions that the default size of the epslatex 'window' is 5inches by 3. It appears to be the same for the pslatex terminal. Is it possible to change the size of these terminals? Clearly it would be nice to be able to specify both x and y size to be, say, 5 inches, then the square plot would nicely fill the region in both directions. As it is, the plot, using 'set size ratio -1' is a tad small. \resizebox can change this, sure, but if you have text in the plot, then this will be scaled as well and will end up larger than text in the document so the plot text will be disproportionate to the main document (it'll look like it's shouting). Can (e)pslatex terminal sizes be specified? Is there a better way to...

plotting different size error bars
Hi, I have two lines on a graph that each have three data points on them for which I need to plot error bars. Each of the data points have their own standard error and so I can't use the generic formula that puts all of them at the same value or as a percentage of y. They are set up as a vector eg: y=[3.14, 3.96, 4.12] with the first value having a standard error of 0.4, the 2nd of 0.15, and the third of 0.06, Any ideas on how to do this would be appreciated - I just have the bog standard student Matlab "Sarah Ford" <s.ford@rhul.ac.uk> wrote in message news:gskcv1$7r9$...

Change the size of canvas of Matlab Plot
hi, I have to plot lot's of pictures and copy to other applications by "Copy Figure". However all the copied figures have too large margin in the both sides. So where to modify this property, so that the figures can fill almost all the canvas, like PhotoShop could do? Thanks. Rebecca Hi, try this : load clown figure('colormap',map) axes('units','normalized', ... 'position',[0 0 1 1],... 'visible','off'); imagesc(X) J�r�me Hi, Thanks a lot. Now I know that "axes('position',[0 0 1 1] ) " can make one...

Setting font sizes in Matlab plots
I am trying to fix the font size in the figures of our paper size 9. Currently, I am using: set(0,'DefaultAxesFontName', 'Times New Roman') set(0,'DefaultAxesFontSize', 9) set(0,'DefaultAxesLineWidth',1) set(0,'DefaultLineLineWidth',1) set(0,'DefaultTextFontname', 'Times New Roman') set(0,'DefaultTextFontSize', 9) at the beginning of the code. However, when the image at the end is saved as a .tif using: print -dtiff -r650 Filename the final image produces font sizes smaller than that specified in the code above. D...

Changing text size in Matlab GUI
I need the code to change the text font size in GUI. Not that kind where u can just change by clicking on the property inspector for eg, of a button or pop up menu. Thnks! Angel, My suggestion as follow - set(handles.listbox_FileList,'FontSize',20); NOte: listbox_FileList is the Tag of my list box. And 20 is the font size number. regards, elaine Angel wrote: > > > I need the code to change the text font size in GUI. Not that kind > where u can just change by clicking on the property inspector for > eg, > of a button or pop up menu. > Thnks! ...

HOw to change the axis size/type font size/type in CG plots?
Folks i need to change the axis size/type font size/type in CG plots. Will you please help? cheers, Dave dave poreh writes: > Folks i need to change the axis size/type font size/type in CG plots. Will you please help? The Charsize and Font keywords might offer some assistance. :-) Cheers, David -- David Fanning, Ph.D. Fanning Software Consulting, Inc. Coyote's Guide to IDL Programming: http://www.idlcoyote.com/ Sepore ma de ni thue. ("Perhaps thou speakest truth.") ...

How to make sure that font style/size in graphics matches with text font/size?
Hi, I'm writing my phd thesis with pdfLaTeX (KOMA script package with "standard" serif fonts, 11 pt) and now have to create technical drawings, schemes and diagrams. (My thesis is about engineering, so there will have to be some technical drawings and sketches, flow charts and schemes, fotos and many many graphs... I'm writing on a PowerBook with OS X, but am also working on a PC with Windows XP.) I'm not sure what software to use to create (vector) graphics and how to ensure that font size and style look good with the text of the document... Should the text in the grap...

Matlab-plotting-font size of scale on axes
Hi, I need to be able to define the size text of the numbers on the axes of a graph. i.e 5I I 4I I 3I I 2I I 1I I 0I-------------- 1 2 3 4 5----SIZE OF THESE NUMBERS??? ANY IDEAS?? Thanks in advance Dan Daniel Jones wrote: > > > Hi, > > I need to be able to define the size text of the numbers on the > axes > of a graph. > > i.e > > 5I > I > 4I > I > 3I > I > 2I > I > 1I > I > 0I-------------- > 1 2 3 4 5----SIZE OF THESE NUMBERS??? > > ANY IDEAS?? > > Thanks in advance > > Dan Read the help on th...

why bars are overlapping in bar graph when increasing the size of bar width
i am using the following code... yp=min(mu,4.8); % chop off the high values for display porpoises... bar(yp,'BarWidth',0.8); set(gca,'ytick',[1:5]) for ix=1:7 for iy=1:3 text(ix+(iy-2)*0.225,yp(ix,iy),num2str(mu(ix,iy)), ... 'horizontalalign','center', ... 'verticalalign','bottom', ... 'fontsize',8, ... 'fontname','arialbold') end end my data is.... mu =[0.010 0.020 0.015 0.16 8.77 2.34 0.001 15.22 2.24 0.002 19.46 2.09 0.027 19.85 4.49 ...

undesired size change in matlab saving image plot
Hi, I like to show an image and plot something on it and then save it as an image with same size as the original one. My Matlab code is: figH = figure('visible','off') ; imshow(I); hold on ; % plot something saveas(figH,'1','jpg'); close(figH) ; But resulting image "1.jpg" has a bigger size than the original image I. How can I solve this problem? Thanks and regards! Tim On Dec 4, 11:57=A0am, Le He <flyl...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I like to show an image and plot something on i...

File size and volume size.
I'd like to embark on a journey to find the size of all the files present i= n a sub volume. I'd like to build a macro that would do that. It would be p= retty simple, as it would involve just getting the file info for those file= s and using set many to get the EOF, but I would like to convert the answer= to our real life values. Like MB, GB etc. So what's the math for that?=20 And also when I do a FUP VOLS, I get the following information about all th= e disks in the system. Volume, (M), TOTAL, FREE, % FREE, Free Extents (count), Free Extents (bigge= st) What d...

Text Size
Hi all. First, is this assumption correct? If controls that have a Font property have the same Font, then the actual text that appears will be the same size and width! Meaning, with TextBoxes, Labels, ListBoxes, command buttons etc, any text in the control will appear the same on the screen if the same font (and size etc) is used. Assuming the above is correct, here's the question :-) I have a Class, It has the following properties. Caption as String, Public Get & Let Font as StdFont, Public Get & Set TextHeigh as Integer, Public Get Private Let TextWidth as Integer, Public Ge...

Reduce size of EPS size
Dear all, I have to produce some EPS figures with high resolution (600dpi) showing isosurfaces created in matlab. The problem is that the resulting file is almost 60mb. Is there some trick to use to reduce the size of the final files? Thanks a lot for the help! Dear Luca, Is using the Painters renderer in Matlab possible? Kind regards, Jan ...

Bitmap size to wxFrame size
I'm allocating a frame in the MyApp:OnInit method but cannot figure out how to translate the size of the background bitmap to a logical size which makes the frame fit around perfectly. Shouldn't these methods be used when calculating the arguments to the MyFrame (wxFrame) constructor? wxCoord cx = dc.DeviceToLogicalX(wxCoord(x)); wxCoord cy = dc.DeviceToLogicalY(wxCoord(y)); If I supply the x-size and y-size of the bitmap to the above functions and then use the results in the wxSize argument in the MyFrame constructor, then the size is wrong. Why? M --------...

font-size starting size
Hello, I just joined this group and saw the discussion "What do you think of resizing 1em to 10px?" I am somewhat confused by what y'all think should be used as a reference size. I was surprised that someone actually suggested ems as a reference. Ems are relative to a selected point size, the width in points of a capital M. If no point size is given, what size does an em become? The browser obviously must decide. Also setting the body text to 62.5% is, well, stupid. % of what? I should *assume* 16 pixels? Bad thinking. And not my experience with browsers. ...

ping size and mtu size
Hello, I set up a gateway machine with Debian woody an DSL. Now I find that ping doesn't work with sizes greater than 1424. After looking in this newsgroup I examined some settings of MTU size: my /etc/peers/provider includes the following lines: .. . . pty "/usr/sbin/pppoe -I eth1 -T 240 -m 1412 .. . . mtu 1452 .. . . Modifying the "mtu 1452" line affects the possible ping size, but it is always limited to about 20...30 bytes lower than the mtu value. What to do for sending greater pings i.e. breaking / reassembling greater packets into pieces? Thanks in advance, Uwe ...

Extent Sizes and Page sizes
Can anybody explain to me the relation between extentsize and pagesize. When I am creating a new tablespace what do I need to be careful of? Say pagesize is 8K is keeping extentsize(pages) 64 too large? What exactly is the relation? Thanks For a tablespace, you need to define the size 4,8,16,32k) of the page that will hold the data. Each tablespace of a page size must have access to bufferpool of same page size and a system temporary tablespace of same page size. The extent size determines the number of those pages that db2 will use to manage the physical allocation of dis...

text sizing
Is there a current "best practice" for text sizing? My goal is a have a web page (web application actually) which looks the same (more or less) on Mac IE5, PC IE6, Mozilla, Konqueror and Safari. (Not NS4!). The page should also scale for user preferance/accessibility reasons. Pixel-perfect layout is *not* a priority; indeed, I have already gone to considerable effort to use (and integrate) these 2 ideas http://www.alistapart.com/articles/slidingdoors/ http://www.alistapart.com/articles/customcorners/ I am quite happy to style up the entire page (i.e. define sizes for...

Text size
have copied a drawing from a4 to a2 so how do I enlarge the text and dimensions accordingly? Select from the menu: Tools/Options and select the Document Properties folder. Then select Annotations Font and select Dimension. There you can enter the size of the font. ...

Web resources about - Text size and bar chart plot size - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Nautical chart - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A nautical chart is a graphic representation of a maritime area and adjacent coastal regions. Depending on the scale of the chart, it may show ...

Show us the money: Four charts reveal kernel of Sanders' appeal
A campaign built around solving massive economic inequality has generated mass support for Hillary Clinton's leading rival for the US Democratic ...

Show us the money: Four charts reveal kernel of Sanders' appeal
A campaign built around solving massive economic inequality has generated mass support for Hillary Clinton's leading rival for the US Democratic ...

The charts that suggest the housing bubble is out of control
Jonathan Tepper, a UK based economist and founder of research house Variant Perception, is convinced Australia is in the midst of "one of the ...

Why Google AMP Is So Much Faster in Three Dramatic Charts
Google's Accelerated Mobile Page effort, which officially debuted Wednesday, includes publishers such as Vox, The Guardian, Daily Mail, BuzzFeed ...

No Man’s Sky finally charts its star path with major gameplay reveal
It's not a Rebel ship, swear! 9 more images in gallery LOS ANGELES—Up until this week, the space-exploration video game No Man’s Sky has existed ...

This chart shows just how massive America's drone fleet is
As the varieties and utilities of drones quickly multiply, the use of unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) has quickly mounted throughout the US Armed ...

The chart that shows 'America HAD talent'
Concerned investors mulling over the possibility of an oncoming U.S. recession look away now.

Chart Of The Day: This Chart On US Forest Growth, Good News Or Bad News For Enviros?
Chart Of The Day: This Chart On US Forest Growth, Good News Or Bad News For Enviros?

Oscar Winners By Film & Studio – Chart
Tonight’s Oscars ceremony was filled with a mix of expected wins and a few key surprises . Mad Max : Fury Road rode the craft categories to the ...